1500 graft hairline with Dr Laorwong

hairman4321

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 4:26 AM, Sitries1 said:

Absolutely love the hairline design. This will be a top notch result. 

Thanks i'm a big fan of your hairline design also. I actually used some photoshop to try and make my hairline more symmetrical to try and work out what i wanted, i got that from your thread here hahaha, this was what i was going on:
ScreenShot2024-03-23at9_35_31pm.thumb.png.e95682767e0e21d0517c0a18d989ea87.png

when you say "all HT's can be improved with a 2nd pass to add density" what do you mean exactly - if the head was fully shaved, you mean the dr just going over it and putting some hairs in where ever they can fit them to try and get the per square cm of hairs higher? my native hairs are thinning a bit at the font (they thinned before i started using DHT blockers but seemed to have stopped now) so i wouldn't mind them getting thickened up either. although perhaps because they are native hairs i need to be a little wary that transplanting in this region could cause some stress / loss to the native hairs.

it was incredible that he did another 1350 grafts on you for round 2 - i wonder what your transplanted density is now. also it looked awesome almost straight away at the 2 week mark. i saw some of your pics at week 2 and probably someone could tell you had something done then, but by month 2 just looked like a regular dense head of hair. i guess because it was almost all behind the existing hair.

Edited by hairman4321

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Month 5.
Both with wet and dry photos. Generally happy with the progress from month 4.
Hope density keeps increasing as it is less than native but I don't expect it to match.
Also hope the hair texture begins to soften a little and resemble the native density more - but i'm confident this will over time.

Wet:

20240403_133303.thumb.jpg.122022f26d714ebe730e02c7cf174742.jpg

20240403_133305.jpg.287201794995586c956f15ed125d1a15.jpg

20240403_133307.jpg

Dry:

20240403_132435.jpg

20240403_132437.jpg.a11c567f7e7eb115616115d531f78c88.jpg

20240403_132438.jpg.668bed05c5b44f38d417467fed7a4210.jpg

Edited by hairman4321
  • Like 1

• Moderators

13 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

hope the hair texture begins to soften a little and resemble the native density more

It's normal for it to be more rough and wiry than the surrounding hair at first. It should soften up over time. You're only at 4 months. It looks great for that point in time.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 3/23/2024 at 1:53 PM, hairman4321 said:

Thanks i'm a big fan of your hairline design also. I actually used some photoshop to try and make my hairline more symmetrical to try and work out what i wanted, i got that from your thread here hahaha, this was what i was going on:
ScreenShot2024-03-23at9_35_31pm.thumb.png.e95682767e0e21d0517c0a18d989ea87.png

when you say "all HT's can be improved with a 2nd pass to add density" what do you mean exactly - if the head was fully shaved, you mean the dr just going over it and putting some hairs in where ever they can fit them to try and get the per square cm of hairs higher? my native hairs are thinning a bit at the font (they thinned before i started using DHT blockers but seemed to have stopped now) so i wouldn't mind them getting thickened up either. although perhaps because they are native hairs i need to be a little wary that transplanting in this region could cause some stress / loss to the native hairs.

it was incredible that he did another 1350 grafts on you for round 2 - i wonder what your transplanted density is now. also it looked awesome almost straight away at the 2 week mark. i saw some of your pics at week 2 and probably someone could tell you had something done then, but by month 2 just looked like a regular dense head of hair. i guess because it was almost all behind the existing hair.

Dr Ferreira implanted hairs in between the grafts from the 1st transplant. It didn’t cause any shock loss what so ever but I guess it all depends on the skill of the surgeon in that regard. 

My density is good but i still feel like the actual ‘widows peak’ of the hairline could be dropped 1.5mm lower and shifted 1.5mm across! Then some additional density could be added to the part of the hairline that was slightly lowered last time (that section has obviously only had one pass). 

To be honest, the perfect result is hard to achieve but possible with 3 passes!  Need to consider at some stage though if hair greed is at play  lol 

Yours is looking good and will be a top result. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 4:04 AM, Sitries1 said:

Dr Ferreira implanted hairs in between the grafts from the 1st transplant. It didn’t cause any shock loss what so ever but I guess it all depends on the skill of the surgeon in that regard. 

My density is good but i still feel like the actual ‘widows peak’ of the hairline could be dropped 1.5mm lower and shifted 1.5mm across! Then some additional density could be added to the part of the hairline that was slightly lowered last time (that section has obviously only had one pass). 

To be honest, the perfect result is hard to achieve but possible with 3 passes!  Need to consider at some stage though if hair greed is at play  lol 

Yours is looking good and will be a top result. 

For what it's worth I think your design looks amazing, I wouldn't change it. I don't think lower hairlines look great. Also I really liked your hair when it was short, probably more so than when its longer. I think it emphasises the hairline and goes well with your face / bone structure.

things will never be perfect, no matter how many you do you'll always find something. If you've got the time and money it's not really an issue though I suppose. I thought the 2nd pass moved it 1.5mm over to make it more symmetrical? 

I haven't shown my face on here but I think my hairline to eyebrow is 7cm but I'm OK with that, my eyebrow to nose and nose to chin is 7cm too so I think I've just got a longer face, the harmony is more important. And not wasting grafts and money for the future. But I'm only early 30s and not made of money yet.

Edited by hairman4321

On 4/6/2024 at 1:19 AM, hairman4321 said:

For what it's worth I think your design looks amazing, I wouldn't change it. I don't think lower hairlines look great. Also I really liked your hair when it was short, probably more so than when its longer. I think it emphasises the hairline and goes well with your face / bone structure.

things will never be perfect, no matter how many you do you'll always find something. If you've got the time and money it's not really an issue though I suppose. I thought the 2nd pass moved it 1.5mm over to make it more symmetrical? 

I haven't shown my face on here but I think my hairline to eyebrow is 7cm but I'm OK with that, my eyebrow to nose and nose to chin is 7cm too so I think I've just got a longer face, the harmony is more important. And not wasting grafts and money for the future. But I'm only early 30s and not made of money yet.

I wouldn’t want the hairline itself lowered, just the ‘peak’. I would say the temporal points could also use another 100 grafts or so each side to bring them out slightly. Then finally another 500 grafts packed throughout as a 3rd pass for additional density. 

The above work is certainly not needed and I’m in no rush to get it done but maybe in the future. We’ll see. 

With regard to symmetry, due to the way the hair growths it gives the illusion that it’s still slightly off IMO but we are talking extremely fine margins. I may get my mate to do another CAD assessment on it at some point 😂

My next priority would be to get my patchy beard filled in. 

• Wow 1

14 hours ago, Sitries1 said:

I wouldn’t want the hairline itself lowered, just the ‘peak’. I would say the temporal points could also use another 100 grafts or so each side to bring them out slightly. Then finally another 500 grafts packed throughout as a 3rd pass for additional density. 

The above work is certainly not needed and I’m in no rush to get it done but maybe in the future. We’ll see. 

With regard to symmetry, due to the way the hair growths it gives the illusion that it’s still slightly off IMO but we are talking extremely fine margins. I may get my mate to do another CAD assessment on it at some point 😂

My next priority would be to get my patchy beard filled in. 

Have you thought about using topical min on your beard? I’ve seen some great results I’m thinking about trying it on my patchy beard! 

17 minutes ago, Jamos1982 said:

Have you thought about using topical min on your beard? I’ve seen some great results I’m thinking about trying it on my patchy beard! 

I used topical min for a year and it was really good to be fair. Then I switched to oral Min and I’ve been on that for a further 12 months. I would say the results were better on the topical but the oral is defo helping (slow but steady progress). 

44 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

I used topical min for a year and it was really good to be fair. Then I switched to oral Min and I’ve been on that for a further 12 months. I would say the results were better on the topical but the oral is defo helping (slow but steady progress). 

I’ve also switched to oral min 2.5mg a day. How long till you saw results? I’ve only been on it for 8weeks. No sides I prefer it as my hair is isnt greasy from the topical 

16 hours ago, Lemmingtons said:

Great post. I am actually booked into have my procedure tomorrow with Dr Laorwong. Did you think the stem cell helped at all ?

Not sure, I think it's impossible to tell really.

On 4/8/2024 at 8:51 AM, Jamos1982 said:

I’ve also switched to oral min 2.5mg a day. How long till you saw results? I’ve only been on it for 8weeks. No sides I prefer it as my hair is isnt greasy from the topical 

Initially I felt like my crown thinned a little from starting it (shed maybe) but then it thickened up nicely and I feel like it’s working well. I think the positive results I noticed about 8-10 weeks in. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, hdr13 said:

Would love to see update 

About 6 months post-op now, a lot of it is mostly long enough for the headband to hold it back now and blend in with the rest of my hair:

Front:

20240504_145031.jpg

Left side:

20240504_145033.jpg

Right side:

20240504_145036.jpg

There are a couple of doubles in the hairline but I have to look pretty close to see them. 
If I try to part my hair to make it look bad it looks something like this (i'm facing natural light coming in through a window in all these pics.

right side (which is the worse side, needed more transplanted area):

20240504_150501.jpg

20240504_150430.jpg

left side:
20240504_150205.jpg

These pics sort of show some of the mid scalp which wasn't transplanted but the natural hair was already a bit thinner

20240504_150211.jpg

20240504_150159.jpg

because it is a bit thinner i don't feel confident to wear it up, but pretty happy wearing it down like in the last photo. i've ordered more of a thickening shampoo / conditioner so ill see how that goes.

Overall pretty happy with it at this point though. Looking at the above photos, do you think you'd be able to tell I'd had a transplant?

thoughts? @Sitries1@Jamos1982

Edited by hairman4321