Black patient currently having 1,300 graft with Dr. Priya Das of Eugenix

Noble001

• Valued Contributor
10 minutes ago, Noble001 said:

But someone on here @AB2000 advised i wait for 3 months before expecting to see results.

I think that's a misunderstanding... You shouldn't expect to see anything before the 3 month mark. 3-4 months is when things should start to grow in, so you're right at the very end of the ugly duckling phase and about to begin the growth phase.

I have tried to find your post so it is good you updated. you have to wait and reassess after 4 or 5 more month. The grow barely starts in the 3-4 month and the hair is wirry and really thin too in the beginning.

I was interested in what you mean with the transection. Did they waste grafts and did they take more from the donor than what they putted in the recipient?

and also you only used 1300 grafts. What do you mean with you don’t have so much more donor left? 

• Valued Contributor

By the way @Noble001, do you have the immediate pre and post op photos that Eugenix will have taken? If not you can request them and they will send them to you. Three months is way too soon to have any concerns about growth, but it would be good to see some proper high quality pictures of the work as the ones you've posted so far aren't particularly great.

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

I think that's a misunderstanding... You shouldn't expect to see anything before the 3 month mark. 3-4 months is when things should start to grow in, so you're right at the very end of the ugly duckling phase and about to begin the growth phase.

I understand perfectly. I’m saying why are there no hair at some part of the transplanted area? I’m not expecting a full growth (yet), I’m expecting to see strands of hair in all transplanted areas 

25 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

I have tried to find your post so it is good you updated. you have to wait and reassess after 4 or 5 more month. The grow barely starts in the 3-4 month and the hair is wirry and really thin too in the beginning.

I was interested in what you mean with the transection. Did they waste grafts and did they take more from the donor than what they putted in the recipient?

and also you only used 1300 grafts. What do you mean with you don’t have so much more donor left? 

I never said I didn’t have so much donor left. Afro hair curls into the scalp, (to extract it, you need to have been extracting afro kinky hairs before).

6 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

By the way @Noble001, do you have the immediate pre and post op photos that Eugenix will have taken? If not you can request them and they will send them to you. Three months is way too soon to have any concerns about growth, but it would be good to see some proper high quality pictures of the work as the ones you've posted so far aren't particularly great.

Yes I have them

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Noble001 said:

I understand perfectly. I’m saying why are there no hair at some part of the transplanted area? I’m not expecting a full growth (yet), I’m expecting to see strands of hair in all transplanted areas 

If you did understand perfectly then I'm confused by what you said:

But someone on here @AB2000 advised i wait for 3 months before expecting to see results. It’s been three months now and some parts (back) of the transplanted area are not growing.

What AB2000 said was:

growth usually occurring between the 3 and 12 month mark

But in any case... Everything will have shed by 3 months, so it's not uncommon to see nothing there - some people shed more than others (and some people actually don't shed very much at all). This varies wildly from patient to patient.

I do understand that you'd not seen any initial growth immediately post-op and before the bulk of the shedding kicked in. It's difficult to say whether this is something to be concerned about as, again, immediate post-op growth of the recipient grafts will vary from person to person. It might be more instructive to see the high res post-op photos Eugenix would have taken so we can see things in better detail.

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, Noble001 said:

Yes I have them

Nice!

It would be useful to see the post-op photos so we can better see the recipient area (and the donor area if you're still concerned about that).

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Noble001 said:

3 months and 18 days post-op. This is the result. From the numbers of transections when they were extracting and the way the transplanted hair was looking few weeks post-op, I was suspecting that Afro hair is not Eugenix’s forte. I’m beginning to think they transplanted some transected grafts probably  because they don’t give a refund. In 2021 a clinic in Istanbul refunded my friend about an hour into the HT operation because they couldn’t extract his hair. They refunded him his full money and tendered an apology. 

This 15 weeks result is not looking promising. The black patch underneath where I had the HT is the SMP I had in January of 2023. That is what’s giving the illusion of hair grafts at the transplanted region. There has been no growth! A few strands of hair are growing at the front of the transplanted region while there is no growth at the back of the transplanted region. I meant the front part of the transplanted grafts has a few thin strands of hair while the back has no hair (growth) and the measurement from the back to the front is just 1 cm. This is what I got for spending close to $4k for 1,400 grafts of HT.

My bro did his HT in Istanbul (I wanted to do mine at same clinic in Istanbul too until I came across this forum and everyone was saying good thing about Eugenix) and from third week post-op, you could see that the result would be excellent. This is why I was worried about mine few weeks post-op cos the results was not looking anything close to what I see on YT or how my bro’s few weeks post-op looked like. But someone on here @AB2000 advised i wait for 3 months before expecting to see results. It’s been three months now and some parts (back) of the transplanted area are not growing. The hair is not growing. I wish Eugenix were straight forward instead of doing business as usual. 

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5884.png

IMG_5885.png

@Noble001. You don’t get results at three months. You get results at one year. How good your hair looks before the end of the ugly duck phase is irrelevant. You need to wait at least 6 months before even to get an idea of where your heading. Even then you still have another six months before you can your results. The good thing is that you are staying on your medication to stabilize your hair from future loss. I think you just need to do more research on the process of hair transplantation. All the best man and stay on the medication religiously. You’ve got this. 👊🏻

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Noble001 said:

I never said I didn’t have so much donor left. Afro hair curls into the scalp, (to extract it, you need to have been extracting afro kinky hairs before).

What did you mean with: «Dr. Priya Das said my temple won’t go as planned again since there has been a lot of transection and we won’t be having a lot of donors left (So sad

Edited by Ajamilo

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BaldReaper said:

1. Not everyone in this forum says good things about Eugenix, I have critisized them countless times in a very harsh way for their practices.

2. In 3 months you shouldnt expect to see any results, this is when your hair starts growing, the first glimpse of what your end result will look like can be seen by 5 months the earliest. This is when your first conclusions can be made.

I think this is a fair assessment. We can’t form judgements too early on. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

If you did understand perfectly then I'm confused by what you said:

What AB2000 said was:

But in any case... Everything will have shed by 3 months, so it's not uncommon to see nothing there - some people shed more than others (and some people actually don't shed very much at all). This varies wildly from patient to patient.

I do understand that you'd not seen any initial growth immediately post-op and before the bulk of the shedding kicked in. It's difficult to say whether this is something to be concerned about as, again, immediate post-op growth of the recipient grafts will vary from person to person. It might be more instructive to see the high res post-op photos Eugenix would have taken so we can see things in better detail.

I understand there won’t be a fully grown hair by the third month post-op mark, my worry is; some recipients area are not growing even after the third month mark 

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Nice!

It would be useful to see the post-op photos so we can better see the recipient area (and the donor area if you're still concerned about that).

08465ca3-89d2-484b-9818-c01d51cbd75a.jpeg

d99fc3c4-e313-4613-9675-173697aad332.jpeg

65ef498a-a07d-4936-b366-b5da736fb7b6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Noble001. You don’t get results at three months. You get results at one year. How good your hair looks before the end of the ugly duck phase is irrelevant. You need to wait at least 6 months before even to get an idea of where your heading. Even then you still have another six months before you can your results. The good thing is that you are staying on your medication to stabilize your hair from future loss. I think you just need to do more research on the process of hair transplantation. All the best man and stay on the medication religiously. You’ve got this. 👊🏻

Okay then. I will see how this progresses into the first 6 months. If I wasn’t seeing some recipient areas with no hair at all, I won’t have been bothered at all

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, Noble001 said:

08465ca3-89d2-484b-9818-c01d51cbd75a.jpeg

d99fc3c4-e313-4613-9675-173697aad332.jpeg

65ef498a-a07d-4936-b366-b5da736fb7b6.jpeg

Nothing looks out of place from these photos to my eye and the design looks nice as well. The 2-3 months will ultimately reveal a lot more as things should start kicking off over the next few weeks.

How is your donor area looking?

5 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Nothing looks out of place from these photos to my eye and the design looks nice as well. The 2-3 months will ultimately reveal a lot more as things should start kicking off over the next few weeks.

How is your donor area looking?

I’m only concerned with some parts of the recipient area that is not growing. The side they extracted from on day one has occasional bumps but it’s nothing I can’t handle. The second side (left side) is perfect. I guess they got used to extracting from an Afro hair as we progressed in the HT especially on the second day of the procedure.

It's way too early to be worried about hair growing. Give it a couple of months man. So many people have this experience where they overreact in the first couple of months, if you've followed this forum you'd see it's common knowledge a hair transplant is a 12 month journey and the first couple of months are sometimes even worse than baseline.

• Moderators

How is the donor currently looking?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 3/15/2024 at 5:40 PM, Al - Moderator said:

How is the donor currently looking?

The donor is looking good except for occasional little bumps on the right side of the donor

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Please share an update 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sorry for the late update, I have been busy with work. This is 5 months and 10 days post-op photos. I must say i am a bit skeptical about the growth; as you can see some parts are not growing, I don’t want to believe I’m still shedding after 5 months. The dark parts of my hairline is aided by the SMP i had in January of 2023. 

Dr. Priya Das is making me regret having an SMP done. I remember the day of the op. She drew the hairline along the SMP. When i looked into the mirror, I told her I don’t like the hairline she drew and i told her not to follow the SMP because the SMP is not correct. (The video is there, one of the Eugenix staff was recording the procedure on a smartphone). I told Dr. Das that i want my hairline to be 8cm from glabella and she said OK. She cleaned the the one she first drew and redrew another one.

After the transplant the following day. I noticed my hairline is looking different from what we drew (It looked receded and my big forehead appeared bigger, the plan was to cover a part of my big forehead) I asked her if this hairline i’m seeing (after the transplant) is the same 8cm we drew and she said yes, she said it appears too big because my scalp was still swollen from the local anesthesia. I said oh, ok. That makes sense.

When I got back to my country I noticed the hairline looked different from what she drew, i took out my measuring tape and I measured it. I noticed my hairline is half cm short. I messaged the Eugenix post care team and i told them what I noticed, they told me to be patience and wait till my hair is fully grown. Well, it’s been 5 months plus, the hair is not showing a sign of full growth and i am still not pleased with my hairline. 

Other than the hairline being above 8cm mark that I wanted. The right side of my hairline is not straight. It goes in a bit further than the left hairline, this is because the SMP is not straight on the right side and that was what Dr. Das followed during the incision even after i told her i don’t want her to follow the SMP while we were designing/drawing my hairline.

The reason the SMP was not up to 8cm was because its basically a ‘scalp tattoo’. I didn’t want it too downward so it won’t look fake. I planned on having an HT later to cover the SMP and i plan on having the hairline to exceed where the SMP stops. Dr. Das felt she knows too much hence going my wish to do what she think is right. I remember us having a little argument when she was telling me that adult male no matter the race has an elongated M pattern hairline. I said I didn’t want that but she ended up making incision in that pattern even after we drew/designed something different from that.

Why I regrets having an SMP done is because, if there was no SMP on my scalp, Dr. Das would have followed what I want, she won’t have thought the SMP is how i want my hairline design to look like. Now I’m planning on going to Istanbul to have a half cm added to my hairline from left to middle point, and more than half cm to the right hairline because it bent in-ward as Dr. Das followed the SMP.

f4e7b079-4de5-496c-b39c-38038854280a.jpeg

6a20abc6-2adc-47c7-9abc-bddab4d5dbda.jpeg

bac72a15-ce11-4e1b-a287-e896c4f7f5c7.jpeg

Edited by Noble001