FUE HLC Ankara - 3 Years Later

MachoVato

Hi all!

It's been a while since I've posted. But I thought I'd share an update 3 years after my first HT at HLC Ankara. Click on my posts in my signature to see my before/after photos. I also went to Bisanga for my crown, which was about 2.5 years ago.

Overall, my hair is pretty good! I have experienced some thinning out, especially in the crown area. I blame this primarily on my use of PEDs, which I started after the transplants. I cycle testosterone, deca, and a couple other AAS compounds. Donor area is fine, although it looks crazy with this haircut fade. 

I'm still taking hair meds, but low quantity. I'm taking 0.5mg finasteride and 2.5mg oral minoxidil, each 3X/week. Maybe I'll increase it, I don't know.

Here are a few pics under direct, harsh lights in my bathroom.

front-directlight.thumb.jpg.84f263b8690392efbb7fcf929beeb6ee.jpg

side-directlight.thumb.jpg.c730e0e23057cf73e7d0e605139f2d54.jpg

crown-directlight.thumb.jpg.8a1fa9deaa6ab40d179b60a12e5d907d.jpg

In softer lighting, the hairline is strong! You can pull up my IG: machovato and see some gym selfies and videos and whatnot. This doesn't do it justice.

front-softlight.thumb.jpg.1d2cfa83e3174570484ec22454005ea9.jpg

:D

• Like 3

• Administrators

Looks great, have you considered switching to 0.5mg dutasteride?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Drop that trap routine asap.

But glad to see you back @MachoVato and do you ever plan to do any future work? Not sure if you have been following the threads but look up verteporfin, its showing a lot of promise for better scars and the potential to yield future grafts you wouldnt have had access to.

First time I think I have seen you with facial hair too. Was this due to the peds?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 11/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, MazAB said:

Looks amazing @MachoVato! I was actually considering these guys before finding Eugenix. They are definitely one of the best options out of Turkey for sure, and your results are a true testament to that. Congrats bro!

Thanks! There are so many talented clinics. It seems to be getting easier to get great results, huh?

On 11/17/2023 at 6:09 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Looks great, have you considered switching to 0.5mg dutasteride?

Thanks, Melvin. No, I haven't considered changing it up. The PEDs are tricky. I'm trying to stick to the "hair safe" ones, but it's so easy to get hormones off balance. Sometimes I get acne on my scalp, crazy. 

Considering that I've been taking finasteride for over a decade, I probably should mix it up. I'll see if my doctor will give it to me. If not, I can go underground. 😛

On 11/18/2023 at 9:33 AM, Jupiter_ said:

Incredible result from HLC..it is so natural that you cant even understand that it was a hair trasnplant...Really Happy for you 🙂

Thank you. I've always felt lucky with the hairline result. :D

On 11/18/2023 at 11:04 AM, Vann said:

Drop that trap routine asap.

But glad to see you back @MachoVato and do you ever plan to do any future work? Not sure if you have been following the threads but look up verteporfin, its showing a lot of promise for better scars and the potential to yield future grafts you wouldnt have had access to.

First time I think I have seen you with facial hair too. Was this due to the peds?

Yeah, I'm considering another procedure. There are a couple spots I'd like to touch up. Especially with the crown. I might have 1000 grafts left. I'll save them for now.

I'll read up on Verteporfin. Never heard of it. 

I rarely grow out the beard stubble. I don't have a good beard and most of it is gray, so I usually shave it. No, nothing to do with PEDs. But my lady likes it so I'm stuck with it for a while. haha!

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@MachoVato you are looking dangerously great. Hair looks excellent! 👌💯

Thank you, sir. Catching up with your progress... I hardly recognize you! Congrats!!

Edited by MachoVato