Is 10$ per graft too much?

I was told today by Dr Nadimi's office she charges 10$ per graft. I need approximately 1500 grafts. Do you guys think it's worth it? After a lot of research I was going to go with her but virtually everyone in this thread (posted by someone else) seems to think it's an exaggerated price: (2) Is Dr Nadimi worth the money? I’m being quoted $9 a graft at 1500-1700 grafts. : HairTransplants (reddit.com)

28 minutes ago, Ant339 said:

I was told today by Dr Nadimi's office she charges 10$ per graft. I need approximately 1500 grafts. Do you guys think it's worth it? After a lot of research I was going to go with her but virtually everyone in this thread (posted by someone else) seems to think it's an exaggerated price: (2) Is Dr Nadimi worth the money? I’m being quoted $9 a graft at 1500-1700 grafts. : HairTransplants (reddit.com)

a lot of top surgeon charge half of that price. Never heard of her tbh

• Like 1

• Administrators

The cost in the US ranges from $7-12 per graft. Dr. Nadimi works with Dr. Konior and produces excellent results. It's not an absurd price for American standards. If you want a way cheaper option with similar quality. Sadly, you'll have to travel outside of the US.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Ant339 said:

You can find top doctors outside us from 2€/graft…so I don’t think it worth it at all to pay 5 times more in is us. 

• Like 2

Her pricing went up, was $6 back a few years ago.. at this rare everyone should get a hairtransplant now, before inflation n rising costs makes it $10 average in America within a few years , be a new norm.. only rich baldies can get surgery in U.S

• Like 1

Stewie, are you going with Dr. Somesh at Eugenix? I have been quoted the same for the Exclusive package (which Dr. Somesh leads), and need to take a decision soon.

Previously, Dr. Das used to lead the procedure in the exclusive package, but Eugenix recently changed things and now Dr. Somesh leads it. I did not know this and was hoping that Dr. Das would still lead it.

If you have any thoughts on Dr. Somesh, I would appreciate knowing. Thanks much.

If you do your homework you can find a number of US based doctors that can perform excellent work that’s less than $10 per graft.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 11/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, rochish said:

Stewie, are you going with Dr. Somesh at Eugenix? I have been quoted the same for the Exclusive package (which Dr. Somesh leads), and need to take a decision soon.

Previously, Dr. Das used to lead the procedure in the exclusive package, but Eugenix recently changed things and now Dr. Somesh leads it. I did not know this and was hoping that Dr. Das would still lead it.

If you have any thoughts on Dr. Somesh, I would appreciate knowing. Thanks much.

Dr Soumesh did last surgery earlier this year and was excellent so I have asked for the same next time again :) 

• Like 1

I believe her mentor Dr. Konior is charging $15 per graft.

She has decent results but that's just too hefty. I believe she may do the entire procedure herself? Regardless, there are other surgeons -- both in the US and abroad -- getting similar results at a more reasonable cost.

$15 per graft?!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

@Ant339,

Price per graft typically varies depending on the clinic and the location.  $10 per graft in my opinion, is a little in the high side. But the most important thing is that you select a surgeon based on skill, experience and a proven ability of producing outstanding results.  That said, if the surgeon you’re most impressed with happens to produce world renowned results and charge less in addition then that’s certainly a bonus.  For instance, our FUE price is approximately half of that up here in Ottawa and Toronto.

Best wishes,

Patient Advocate - Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 11/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

The cost in the US ranges from $7-12 per graft. Dr. Nadimi works with Dr. Konior and produces excellent results. It's not an absurd price for American standards. If you want a way cheaper option with similar quality. Sadly, you'll have to travel outside of the US.

And Dr.Shapiro is one of those who charge $5-$7 based on amount of grafts , Its pretty low  considering he is one of the top surgeon in the world and have excellent team , I personally had surgery with him back in September. 

He is one of those surgeon that money is not priority for him , otherwise he could charge way more considering of his expertise in this field. 

There are enough surgeons doing exceptional FUE work that charge far less than $15 per graft.

• Like 1

Gillenator

1 hour ago, gillenator said:

There are enough surgeons doing exceptional FUE work that charge far less than $15 per graft.

I totally agree , There are some good surgeon in U.S who doesn't charge too much and still can achieve great result , It depends on many different factors include the state the surgeon located , So higher cost normally doesn't necessarily mean the surgeon work is better than others , Dr.Rahal is also one of the best surgeon doesn't charge much besides Dr.Shapiro considering their expertise. 

I also have to mention Dr.Konior used to charge around $5-$6 back in 2017 when I had consultation with him , Then his prices raised up gradually  because of  demands and probably inflation , Having said that he also changed the method of quoting the patient from 2022 , Right now in most cases he is charging by session not by graft , Which will make the final per grafts costs higher than before . I had consultation with him two times in 2017 and 2022 . 

On 11/15/2023 at 1:38 AM, parsia said:

And Dr.Shapiro is one of those who charge $5-$7 based on amount of grafts , Its pretty low  considering he is one of the top surgeon in the world and have excellent team , I personally had surgery with him back in September. 

He is one of those surgeon that money is not priority for him , otherwise he could charge way more considering of his expertise in this field. 

konior consultation quoted about 2k grafts at $16.5 per graft. nadimi  emailed her about year and a half was 8.25$ graft seeing her in person soon wonder if it will be 10$ a graft now.

But I've noticed konior and nadimi from 2016 or 2018 whenever she started has  been raising prices each year nadimi from 5-6$ a graft each year going up by a dollar or so and only results we find are from here. And konior flat 2k grafts rates of like 13k to 16k so on so on each year now 30k 35k.

Shapiro. Hassan and wong among others in us and out of us stay with the same price of 10 years ago or so.

Is surprising how konior and nadimi go up each year while others stay with the same price per graft no matter each year that passes by or 10 why is that? If you search nadimi and konior on here many speak on the price paid you will see how It goes up each year with them while all other top surgeons giving similar results stick with 5-7$ a graft.

Any idea why that is? It can't be inflation if so why is other doctors mentioned still charge the same no matter how many years pass by.

Idk it's just weird to me about them as I'm still searching to pick my HT surgeon.

Edited by Yoni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoni said:

konior consultation quoted about 2k grafts at $16.5 per graft. nadimi  emailed her about year and a half was 8.25$ graft seeing her in person soon wonder if it will be 10$ a graft now.

But I've noticed konior and nadimi from 2016 or 2018 whenever she started has  been raising prices each year nadimi from 5-6$ a graft each year going up by a dollar or so and only results we find are from here. And konior flat 2k grafts rates of like 13k to 16k so on so on each year now 30k 35k.

Shapiro. Hassan and wong among others in us and out of us stay with the same price of 10 years ago or so.

Is surprising how konior and nadimi go up each year while others stay with the same price per graft no matter each year that passes by or 10 why is that? If you search nadimi and konior on here many speak on the price paid you will see how It goes up each year with them while all other top surgeons giving similar results stick with 5-7$ a graft.

Any idea why that is? It can't be inflation if so why is other doctors mentioned still charge the same no matter how many years pass by.

Idk it's just weird to me about them as I'm still searching to pick my HT surgeon.

Maybe they just value there time more than others?!

Edited by thetdog666
Spelling mistake

Definitely get more opinions and consultations.

Gillenator

On 11/9/2023 at 10:43 PM, gillenator said:

If you do your homework you can find a number of US based doctors that can perform excellent work that’s less than $10 per graft.

Any recommendations of great Dr's in the US not being steep with great similar results would be appreciated as I'm also looking for a HT.

On 11/13/2023 at 10:51 AM, consequence said:

I believe her mentor Dr. Konior is charging $15 per graft.

She has decent results but that's just too hefty. I believe she may do the entire procedure herself? Regardless, there are other surgeons -- both in the US and abroad -- getting similar results at a more reasonable cost.

Konior is a flat rate 35k per day flat rate I believe

Unless you're very wealthy OP, I'd consider looking for a cheaper option

Can someone knowledgeable please speak to what you get going to Nadimi/Konior over someone like Shapiro, Panine or even HW? Is it because Nadmi/Konior are able to get more density or cause less scarring or something? Just looking at pictures and not having a ton of experience, it's tough for someone like myself to really identify what is different. 

Edited by jwolfe890

6 hours ago, jwolfe890 said:

Can someone knowledgeable please speak to what you get going to Nadimi/Konior over someone like Shapiro, Panine or even HW? Is it because Nadmi/Konior are able to get more density or cause less scarring or something? Just looking at pictures and not having a ton of experience, it's tough for someone like myself to really identify what is different. 

Your question is great but I kind of answered it briefly  in my previous post , Obviously Dr.Konior  has good donor management and better scarring but as you mentioned other doctor like Shapiro performing great result as well , There are lots of factors involved when it comes to pricing , For some doctors money is not the main priority, Of course everyone wants to make money in this field but there are surgeons who like to charge less to make it more affordable for their patients , I believe Dr.Shapiro is one of them , Even in real life some people are more flexible when it comes to money and some don't . 

The state and cost of living in the state has some effect too , For instance as you know Chicago is more expensive than Minnesota  , Surgeons in New York and California charges more than other states.  The way surgeon run the clinics is another  factor  , If surgeon ( Konior in this case )personally answer all emails and more involve in surgery and not have many staff to helps him , He probably needs to charge more compare to Dr.Shapiro who has about 15 or 20 people working for him ,  In the end every clinic is a business and they are run differently . 

Also consider Dr.Konior price was less than half  in 2017 and he raised it up because of his demands , Generally speaking bette quality comes with higher cost but thats not always the case in life and there are some exceptions to the rule as I mentioned above, Konior result hasn't been changed since 5 years ago but his price got more than double. Surgeons can set the price in their desire point however as patient after doing homework we have to look to see where we can get same level of results with less money ( If saving money is important , which I assume it is ). 

I hope it helps. 

• Like 3