Dr Laorwong | Absolute Hair Clinic | Bangkok |3644 Grafts

Cooper48

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my 2 month update.  It's what I consider the love/hate period.  Love that I have made it to this mark but hate the way it looks for now.  Here are some general things I'm going through:

Recipient Growth

Not much happening here.  Really excited to see some growth.  I do feel like I can feel some baby hairs in the front and more stubble like growth in the crown. Not a lot and hard to see on camera so waiting patiently as is could be another month or more before anything kicks in.  The crown and top of my head still  look worse than my before photos.  I think this is due to shockloss and maybe some of the stubble I am feeling is this coming back. 

Donor

Yes, I need a haircut badly.  I'll probably look to get everything cleaned up in a few weeks.  While overall there is progress, there are still some patchy areas.  I do think they are looking better.  The gray hair also seems to have made a comeback better than the dark hair.  I have full confidence this will come back in the next few months. 

General

The redness is still there but it continues to fade.  My head is still 60% numb but slowly fading.  The numbness is probably the thing that bugs me the most at this point.  It just feels weird all the time.  I don't think any of my progress is concerning.  Hope the next month flies by since time is the key!

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

9 hours ago, Cooper48 said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my 2 month update.  It's what I consider the love/hate period.  Love that I have made it to this mark but hate the way it looks for now.  Here are some general things I'm going through:

Recipient Growth

Not much happening here.  Really excited to see some growth.  I do feel like I can feel some baby hairs in the front and more stubble like growth in the crown. Not a lot and hard to see on camera so waiting patiently as is could be another month or more before anything kicks in.  The crown and top of my head still  look worse than my before photos.  I think this is due to shockloss and maybe some of the stubble I am feeling is this coming back. 

Donor

Yes, I need a haircut badly.  I'll probably look to get everything cleaned up in a few weeks.  While overall there is progress, there are still some patchy areas.  I do think they are looking better.  The gray hair also seems to have made a comeback better than the dark hair.  I have full confidence this will come back in the next few months. 

General

The redness is still there but it continues to fade.  My head is still 60% numb but slowly fading.  The numbness is probably the thing that bugs me the most at this point.  It just feels weird all the time.  I don't think any of my progress is concerning.  Hope the next month flies by since time is the key!

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

congrats on making it to the lowest point, will only get better from here!

34 minutes ago, hairman4321 said:

congrats on making it to the lowest point, will only get better from here!

Thanks!  Funny that I am happy to be here. Can’t wait to see what comes. 

• Administrators

Things are looking good, turning the corner 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

I hit the 3 month mark today.  I've been seeing some slow growth coming in the front.  I can feel quite a bit on the crown but the pictures don't show too much improvement yet.  I'm assuming this will be slower with less blood flow in the area.  It does seem to be filling in though.  A few sprinkles of hair fibers and it fills in nicely..:) 

Donor - I have grown my hair out and this covers some of the weak areas in the donor.  There are definitely still patchy areas, which are more pronounced on the left side.  At this point I doubt if anyone could tell though.  I will get a hair cut in about two weeks so will have a better idea of what I am working with there.  I can't feel any growth here like the transplanted areas.  It does seem like shockloss takes longer than the donor hairs to grow back. 

Numbness - My head is still very numb.  Seems like I might be taking a little longer than most for my nerves to recover. Looking forward to getting some feeling back.

Overall I am very pleased with the progress in comparison to one month ago.  And in comparison to pre-op it looks a lot better.  Attached is a pre-op pick of my left side.  I didn't have any hair quite far back from the hair line.  I'm looking forward to the next month. 

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_3634 (1).JPG

• Like 2

Hey, use vitamins for your nerves to help them heal better.

I'm 2 years post-op by lupanzula and still have numb spots when touched, it feels stupid but otherwise you don't notice it at all.

I had no problem at all with my first cheap operation in Germany, and with the second one I also had a “helmet effect”.

I don't know why this happens, head scratching doesn't Fell good anymore...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little past 3.5 months and thought I would share a pic.  3 months was the worst but the growing seems to be picking up quite a bit.  Pretty good change from 3 months. 

Left Front.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Everything looks great for 3.5 months. You’re definitely ahead of the curve. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my 4 months pics.  These were taken with slightly wet hair. Same light and place as all my other pics.  Right side has not grown in as much as the left but I can feel more stubble coming in.  I can also feel more stubble on the crown.  The donor and other shockloss areas have almost completely bounced back. After I wash my hair and let it dry you can barely tell my crown is thinning.  I'm really surprised by how fast that area is filling in.  I'm pleased with the result so far.

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, zepruska said:

Progress is definitely noticeable! And your donor is looking good again, I'm sure you're relieved. 😁

Thanks.  Yes, since I had a lot of shock loss it is a relief.  Thanks to this website and all the people that have shared their stories I wasn't too worried but you still can't help but think about it. 

I've only included the more close up intrusive photos so I thought I would add a comparison with my hair dry and hand combed.  Big difference from before and, in general, I can go out like this an no one would notice.  With a little work I could also cover up the weaker side.  I'm definitely feeling good about my decision to go to Dr Laorwong.  Thanks again everyone for the help with that! 

4monthComp.thumb.jpg.1cb1ff2a9a63c6c92f88c12b2b90296d.jpg

1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

Growth should pick up significantly now through month 6, you've made it through the toughest part 👍

Thanks!  I'm only at 4 months so I am supper excited for the growth the come!

• 5 weeks later...

Just made it to the 5 month mark.  Here are a few pics.  I used a little tribal chip powder (great stuff) to style.  I'll try to post some close up more harsh pics soon.  I'm still hoping for more density but I am very happy with where I am at for 5 months. 

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

• Like 1