3800+ FUE 12 Month Update – Dr Laorwong and 2nd procedure 1800+ grafts

Ramons

I want to make it abundantly clear how highly I respect Dr Laorwong.

He is a world class surgeon, produces consistent results, well priced, has excellent customer service (in most cases replies to email himself within 48hrs), is a member and contributor to many Hair Transplantation peer communities or societies.

I highly recommend anyone considering a hair transplant to put Dr Laorwong at the top of their list.

Having a transplant is a life altering procedure – either positively or negatively – so going into this process there is always uncertainty about the result, the experience overall and the surgeon. So after my experience I can say Dr Laorwong is an outstanding professional with the ethics and morals you hope to get when selecting a surgeon.

My 12 month results weren’t what I or Dr Laorwong were expecting (I have thick hair and a dense donor area), I had a maybe 60-70% graft survival. Now don’t let this deter you as there are many variables that go into a successful procedure. I don’t blame the surgery for 1 second, there are variables after the surgery that may have contributed to my overall result. Around the 10 month mark I grew my hair out and I could style it to a point where I was happier than I was without the procedure but was still wandering what if…

So let me take you back to the 7 month mark when I began to become concerned…..(I know 7 months isn’t long enough but after seeing so many other great results at 7 months I started to become worried)….. I had patchy growth, a pink scalp, mild folliculitis and genuine concern that something was wrong so I emailed a photo to Dr Laorwong with a brief explanation – he replied within 6 hours that it looked like something had gone wrong, he expected better results but don’t worry keep in contact and if at 12 months we both aren’t happy with the result he will correct it.

Let that sink in - Dr Kongiat Laorwong himself replied within 6 hours and offered to correct it.

In 1 email Dr Laorwong immediately took away all of my concern and anxiety – these are the elite level ethics and morals only a select few possess and are the reason why I would strongly recommend Dr Laorwong to anyone.

He could have hidden behind terms and conditions fine print, international boundaries, me not following instructions or all manner of options to avoid any portion of ownership – yet he didn’t, not for a single moment.

So just after the 12 month mark we arranged a second procedure of 1800+ grafts...which he did free of all charges. See the photos below.

Thank you to all of those who have been reaching out and my apologies for not replying. I made the personal decision to keep this information private up until now out of professional courtesy to Dr Laorwong….as I have seen these scenarios play out online negatively with no benefit to either party. 

I am happy to respond again to any who have questions - thank you for your understanding.

I would like to summarize by saying I am happy I began this process, I am happy I went with Dr Laorwong and I would recommend Dr Laorwong to anyone – in my experience and this information is proof that Dr Laorwong genuinely cares about your result.

HT6.PNG

HT5.PNG

HT4.PNG

HT3.PNG

HT2.PNG

HT1.PNG

• Like 5

• Valued Contributor

@Ramons That's an excellent write up ...actually this will be the case which can be helpful to let everyone understand that the surgery could go wrong with any surgeon you may choose...its not always that you choose someone who is producing excellent results so you are bound to get those...i see many people just choose a surgeon seeing few reviews but this doesn't work out like this and at the end they get disappointed...

I am glad that you understand that a surgery can go wrong due to many other factors affecting it and not just the surgeon's skills...and everyone should understand this thing and should keep in mind that there is always a chance of the surgery getting failed or not meet the expectations..

For dr laorwong i would say "that's a brave and ethical stand" ....to take full responsibility of the outcome is something a surgeon is obliged to....good to see him showing courage to accept the failure and trying to fix this up and its not a small free touch up like a 200/300 grafts but a 1800 grafts full surgery...

This is a slap on those doctors who hide behind those sh*t papers of agreement we sign before surgery which has all the points through which they can get away with....

In the end i would say i wish this time everything goes well and you get a successful/expected outcome....and i bow down to you for showing such a maturity in this tough time...best of luck brother ...🙏

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thank you for sharing this.

It just confirms what I have learned and keep learning that no matter who you go to, don’t expect density or good result. 

The clinic is great for offering free touch up 

Edited by Turkhair

• 1 month later...

Hi Mate, why do you think was the graft survival rate at only 60-70%?  I am at week 12 now and I had quite a few death grafts that Dr. Laorwong plucked out. Makes me wonder if I also had a low survival rate. We did 4350 grafts in one go. And how did you notice the folliculitis? As I said, its been 12 weeks and if I press mildly hard on the transplanted areas with my fingers, it kind of feels slight painful as if you press on a bruise. As for the results, it´s only week 12, yes. So I cant see anything growing with my eyes. Only with my phone I notice a few tiny hairs sprouting. But not as many (or dense) as transplanted. I might visit the doctor soon and see what he says since I live in Bangkok.

Edited by Sele
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's really valuable to hear about cases like this where the result was not optimal. I'll echo what others have said -- both you and the doctor showed great maturity here. I'm glad that you found a resolution that will hopefully satisfy your concerns.

Do you or Dr. Laorwong have any thoughts and what might have contributed to the poor survival rate? That information would be very helpful to those of us who have recently had procedures.

Wishing you a comfortable recovery and spectacular growth this time around 🙏

On 9/28/2023 at 2:07 PM, HatMaster said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's really valuable to hear about cases like this where the result was not optimal. I'll echo what others have said -- both you and the doctor showed great maturity here. I'm glad that you found a resolution that will hopefully satisfy your concerns.

Do you or Dr. Laorwong have any thoughts and what might have contributed to the poor survival rate? That information would be very helpful to those of us who have recently had procedures.

Wishing you a comfortable recovery and spectacular growth this time around 🙏

The variable we controlled this time was scalp infection. I was given 2 months of antibiotics and HiScrub antiseptic shampoo. 

First time my scalp was pink and tight for months…this time colour is normal and scalp doesn’t feel tight.

Also this time not as many hairs shed and can see some grafts stayed in tact.

So the contributing factor would be scalp infection.

I will post updates as I come out of the ugly duckling phase as I am just crossing 2 months - donor has bounced right back and no sign of around 5000 grafts being harvested.

• Like 2

Interesting, thank you for that information. Glad to hear that there are early signs the new protocol is helping!

Out of curiosity, have you ever used ketoconazole shampoo? I believe that's a common ingredient in antibacterial shampoos and also regularly used for hairloss prevention.

51 minutes ago, HatMaster said:

Interesting, thank you for that information. Glad to hear that there are early signs the new protocol is helping!

Out of curiosity, have you ever used ketoconazole shampoo? I believe that's a common ingredient in antibacterial shampoos and also regularly used for hairloss prevention.

Yes I have.

I haven’t read the difference between but my own personal experience is the HiScrub is much more effective.

I didn’t feel like the keto controlled it much but the HiScrub definitely does - if I feel 1 or 2 lumps they usually subside within 12-24 hrs with HiScrub.

Also not sure this is a positive but if HiScrub gets anywhere near your eyes you look you have been on a road trip with Cheech and Chong….never got that level of chemical clean from keto.

So HiScrub will be a permanent part of my regime going forward as I work in a hot, dusty environment and wear hard hats frequently.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Excellent write-up, love to see surgeons standing by their work. I’m really pulling for you, you deserve an amazing result 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, Ramons said:

Yes I have.

I haven’t read the difference between but my own personal experience is the HiScrub is much more effective.

I didn’t feel like the keto controlled it much but the HiScrub definitely does - if I feel 1 or 2 lumps they usually subside within 12-24 hrs with HiScrub.

Also not sure this is a positive but if HiScrub gets anywhere near your eyes you look you have been on a road trip with Cheech and Chong….never got that level of chemical clean from keto.

So HiScrub will be a permanent part of my regime going forward as I work in a hot, dusty environment and wear hard hats frequently.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently had a hair cut and the lady said "at least you don't have to worry about going bald" :)  I then told her my background and she was absolutely shocked - she couldn't tell at all.

So shout out to @Kongkiat once again your skill, ethics, morals and dedication have had a huge impact on my quality of life - I honestly can't thank you enough.

The freedom of not wearing a hat like a had for close to 20 years, being able to style your hair, getting compliments, having other men ask what you are doing to your hair cos it looks thick and a hair dresser not even noticing - shows the elite end result....I am chuffed beyond words.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ramons said:

Recently had a hair cut and the lady said "at least you don't have to worry about going bald" :)  I then told her my background and she was absolutely shocked - she couldn't tell at all.

So shout out to @Kongkiat once again your skill, ethics, morals and dedication have had a huge impact on my quality of life - I honestly can't thank you enough.

The freedom of not wearing a hat like a had for close to 20 years, being able to style your hair, getting compliments, having other men ask what you are doing to your hair cos it looks thick and a hair dresser not even noticing - shows the elite end result....I am chuffed beyond words.

Damm incredible result mate , happy for you! 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Ramons said:

Progress be like....

How it started.JPG

Damn talk about a come back 🥇🥇

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/3/2023 at 7:40 AM, Ramons said:

I want to make it abundantly clear how highly I respect Dr Laorwong.

He is a world class surgeon, produces consistent results, well priced, has excellent customer service (in most cases replies to email himself within 48hrs), is a member and contributor to many Hair Transplantation peer communities or societies.

I highly recommend anyone considering a hair transplant to put Dr Laorwong at the top of their list.

Having a transplant is a life altering procedure – either positively or negatively – so going into this process there is always uncertainty about the result, the experience overall and the surgeon. So after my experience I can say Dr Laorwong is an outstanding professional with the ethics and morals you hope to get when selecting a surgeon.

My 12 month results weren’t what I or Dr Laorwong were expecting (I have thick hair and a dense donor area), I had a maybe 60-70% graft survival. Now don’t let this deter you as there are many variables that go into a successful procedure. I don’t blame the surgery for 1 second, there are variables after the surgery that may have contributed to my overall result. Around the 10 month mark I grew my hair out and I could style it to a point where I was happier than I was without the procedure but was still wandering what if…

So let me take you back to the 7 month mark when I began to become concerned…..(I know 7 months isn’t long enough but after seeing so many other great results at 7 months I started to become worried)….. I had patchy growth, a pink scalp, mild folliculitis and genuine concern that something was wrong so I emailed a photo to Dr Laorwong with a brief explanation – he replied within 6 hours that it looked like something had gone wrong, he expected better results but don’t worry keep in contact and if at 12 months we both aren’t happy with the result he will correct it.

Let that sink in - Dr Kongiat Laorwong himself replied within 6 hours and offered to correct it.

In 1 email Dr Laorwong immediately took away all of my concern and anxiety – these are the elite level ethics and morals only a select few possess and are the reason why I would strongly recommend Dr Laorwong to anyone.

He could have hidden behind terms and conditions fine print, international boundaries, me not following instructions or all manner of options to avoid any portion of ownership – yet he didn’t, not for a single moment.

So just after the 12 month mark we arranged a second procedure of 1800+ grafts...which he did free of all charges. See the photos below.

Thank you to all of those who have been reaching out and my apologies for not replying. I made the personal decision to keep this information private up until now out of professional courtesy to Dr Laorwong….as I have seen these scenarios play out online negatively with no benefit to either party. 

I am happy to respond again to any who have questions - thank you for your understanding.

I would like to summarize by saying I am happy I began this process, I am happy I went with Dr Laorwong and I would recommend Dr Laorwong to anyone – in my experience and this information is proof that Dr Laorwong genuinely cares about your result.

HT6.PNG

HT5.PNG

HT4.PNG

HT3.PNG

HT2.PNG

HT1.PNG

Have to say to kudus to Dr L, the guy seems like he wants to correct the majority of patient concerns at his will. Amazing ethical morals. 

Hair looking marvelous.

9 hours ago, Ramons said:

Hairline and front is growing in dense AF 

Temples are looking natural.

Rear and side donor looks untouched.

Front.JPG

LH.JPG

RH.JPG

Donor Rear.JPG

These photos are taken about 6 months post.