FUE with Dr Luis Nader July 25, 2023 - Reynosa, MX - 36M American - 2900 Crown

jfally

I would love to go to Dr Nader. Right now I'm tentatively scheduled for October of 2024. Communication has been scarce. Which is concerning to me.

And I'm really hoping I can get the procedure done before 14 months from now. I've asked to be on their waiting list a handful of times because I could get on a flight to Texas ASAP and be there the next day. But havent heard back from Dr Nader or Brenda about that.

I wish you the best of luck on your HT journey!

3 week update with pics in rudest natural light possible. The shedding has been real. Twas nice while it lasted lol! IMG_9034.thumb.jpeg.3db1fe642db8991513f3448dfa6388b4.jpegIMG_9035.thumb.jpeg.d274f9735e512d91aa53f517b1d0cd9f.jpegIMG_9036.thumb.jpeg.fe60e74db44cfbac039260a3817c5a78.jpeg

Shedding started at about day 12 and a little bit of acne here and there. 

Donor area looks great IMO. 

Scabs 99% gone. 

Haircut at day 18 with a guard (temple fade/taper) to clean up neck line and forward from ears, not touching donor area. 

Edited by jfally
  • Like 1

I'm considering Dr. Nader as well if I ever get a hair transplant but I'm concerned about Reynosa and the clinic itself. The US State Dept. says not to travel there due to crime and when I looked up the clinic on Google Maps it did not look at all like you described. It looked like a dumpy strip mall and the immediate area looked like a third world country. I'm sure he's an excellent doctor but I of course value my safety and don't feel like going to a place where I need round the clock armed security.

1 hour ago, rs525 said:

I'm considering Dr. Nader as well if I ever get a hair transplant but I'm concerned about Reynosa and the clinic itself. The US State Dept. says not to travel there due to crime and when I looked up the clinic on Google Maps it did not look at all like you described. It looked like a dumpy strip mall and the immediate area looked like a third world country. I'm sure he's an excellent doctor but I of course value my safety and don't feel like going to a place where I need round the clock armed security.

You're entitled to your opinion and feelings for sure.

I shared mine and one month later I can confidently say I'd go back there tomorrow, this time, with zero hesitation/anxiety unlike the first time :)

Good luck with your decision!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3 month update. Exactly 90 days post. Got a fade 10 days back hence length discrepancies, I find it helps blend the donor decently. Speaking of donor, it seems to have been bouncing back nicely over the last 2-4 weeks. I expected zero growth at all til month 4 so I know lots of different outcomes forward from here over the next year, but I’m very happy with where things are just 3 months post 🤞🏼
IMG_0634.thumb.jpeg.92e0f9011599a3800be8136dfd77c473.jpegIMG_0635.thumb.jpeg.07b0856fd62a5e6578afe58651077b36.jpegIMG_0612.thumb.jpeg.a0b1f6be65e568a997af27ed71fcb6fe.jpegIMG_0608.thumb.jpeg.29eb4dd365555e1f887c19fe96b5db62.jpeg

• Administrators

Ugly duckling phase is starting to subside, the fun starts now 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Wow really impressive for 4 months 

41AC27C3-6A9F-49EE-86F1-6B716EA1717C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

He sculpted a double whirl that I hope becomes evident in another 4 months. Mostly bc I really appreciated the art he brings into it, I was pretty floored the extent he went to to recreate what he saw was my original double cowlick. 

Anywho, def pumped for the next several months, the photos don’t capture all the sprouts well. But with new stuff sprouting plus all of it thickening over next few growth cycles, should get a solid outcome. 

I continue daily Dut and Oral Min. IMG_4377.thumb.jpeg.9620e9de06e2d3a18de405ba9993a3d6.jpegIMG_1354.thumb.jpeg.8241b8ea6802aebeb01d469cd5ff0a90.jpeg

• Administrators

At 4 months this is already looking like a home run.

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Have a couple more from today but upload isn’t working. 

Obv still very scarce and density lacking but…it’s 5 months. 

Great news: Tried fibers last weekend for a wedding and it was insane. First time my hair wasn’t a blow to my self confidence in over a decade. Looked like a full head of hair 🤯

Looks like great progress! Remember, crown will take the full year to fill in so be patient (harder than it sounds I bet!).

I gave up trying to reach Nader- after results like yours I bet he is backed up like crazy! Hah!

Also, with fibers remember less is more. Don't overdo it and make sure you add a little hair spray to keep the fibers in place. I also add a bit of thickening powder to my hair after I add the fibers and before I do the hair spray. It gives the hair more volume and if it's thin: https://a.co/d/cuHNxRi

• Thanks 1