Had Consults online with Dr Shapiro and Hasson and Wong

Oh, another fact...

Their grafts counts (amount of 1'2'3'4s) is absolutely NO different than any other clinics.

They get approximately the same amount of each groupings than any other clinic... just often MORE of them.

That doesn't make them the ultimate best legends of the hair transplant glorious history... that's not my point. But we got to give them the credit as to their strip extraction method.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious, Dr. Konior took over 1 hour to extract my strip, maybe even 1.5 hours and that was for 1903 grafts, 14 mm x 26cm long. Im at 14 days post op and the scar is rasor thin....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Nice to hear that Kaounis, as I'm sure Dr. Konior is one of the best.

As I said, That doesn't make H&W the ultimate best legends of the hair transplant glorious history... But we got to give them the credit as to their strip extraction method.

Now are they better than Konior, Shapiro, and other top docs? Question of preference... and on what you're looking for

Thanks for all the help i have already made my choice! i will post pics after my procedure! Thanks again

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

Serious What makes me laugh is you falling for the hype. LOL

Its cool I like you but do yourself a favor and ask them to post their separated graft counts.

Not what the strip harvested. What was IMPLANTED.

BUENOS NOTCHAS

Yes good luck TOS Im sure you picked a great doc as this site has the very best of them icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Serious What makes me laugh is you falling for the hype. LOL

In another thread you were blindly hurling the same accusations. I asked you for evidence. You couldn't deliver.

I asked you for THREE cases from ANY one clinic which matched the coverage/density of some of the following examples (and I could post a lot more) w/SIGNIFICANTLY less grafts. You could NOT. You said, and I quote --"damn. this is too much work". Perhaps if your THEORY were true it wouldn't be any WORK at all; yet it's not too much work for you to hurl these false and unsabstantiated accusations EVERY time H&W are mentioned? You took the time (and work) to post in this thread FIVE times alone! LOL.

http://www.hassonandwong.com/p...ansplant_type=normal

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/london_lad/

Yes, let's forget the unparalleled amount of coverage/density they get, let's forget the unparalleled documentation such as HD vids, lets forget the rave reviews from ALL of their patients, let's forget that they are recognized (by OTHER DR.'S) as pioneers in the field for new techniques AND yes, higher graft counts. Let's forget all of this and be content w/: flash photography, dim-lit pics, half the coverage & density to that of H&W in a singe session, SO LONG AS theirs "hair counts".

Can you do me a favor since your so interested in this topic? Please follow through and show me at least THREE cases by ANY one clinic which match the coverage/density of that of H&W w/SIGNIFICANTLY less grafts. There should be a TON of them...***IF*** your false accusation was correct.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Ron J Baisicaly I was just ignoring you after I received a pm about you.

Why dont you have them prove they dont . I dont get paid to do your research.

Say what you want now because Im not going to respond no matter what the bait is.

They tried hard to get me kicked off here.

If I was HW I would prove me wrong and be done with this.

Anyway I like their work and never said splitting was wrong . Saying one thing and doing another is wrong though.

This topic about them has been going on for a long long time.

They do really good work so thats all that counts.

For anyone that thinks Im bashing them Im not .

They were one of my top choices and Jotronic can confirm that.

Peace ,have fun defending them It wont get you any free grafts. You can believe that

Oh yes , they do a great job getting their work out there.

Joe should be paid whatever he demands.

Edit: nevermind LOL I realize we're in the process of hijacking this thread.

By the way, one hair grafts are "counterproductive" when it's time to plant in the crown and vertex, and often have to be coupled together in a same incision to create volume when there is too many of them. What's the point of wanting to split a whole lot of grafts into one's, when they'd be a drag in a mega-session context?

There is no point.

Cheers

Please Grow Please,

I don't have a problem with you sharing your opinion, but I have a problem with you spreading lies.

I asked Bill to have his girl count his own grafts . Never heard back ,maybe he forgot or they shed soon after

This is a blatant lie. I did respond to this statement on the thread Shapiro Verses Wong which I had to lock because you became irate and attacked everyone for sharing a different opinion. Since I don't feel like addressing this again, members of this community can read through the referenced thread above and read the debate and all the associated arguments and draw their own conclusions.

They tried hard to get me kicked off here.

Who are you refering to...Hasson and Wong? What proof do you have that they were trying to kick you off? Sharing your opinion won't get you kicked off, but since you can't (or won't) substantiate your opinion with hard evidence, stop beating a dead horse.

Ill say one thing is that they promised Bill to start adding the 3 and 4 hair counts but havent Hmmmmmm Doesnt take a rocket scientist.

As seems common with you, you are drawing premature conclusions.

Hasson and Wong said only a month ago they were going to start counting hairs and providing counts. I'd like to know what patients you know that grow their results in a month? You're going to have to give it time before any results can be posted with detailed hair counts.

I swear you're like a pit bull sometimes. Once you bite onto something, you just won't let go.

The bottom line is, all the arguments for both sides have been presented on the "Shapiro Verses Wong" thread (which I had to lock because you resorted to personal attacks and antagonistic comments). Since the topic of splitting grafts has been beaten to death and is totally irrelevant to this thread started by a member deciding between hair transplant surgeons, it's going to end now. Any additional comments on splitting grafts will be removed from this thread.

Bill

Thank you for stepping in Bill. This thread seemed perilously close to devolving into a repeat of the Wong v. Shapiro thread of a few weeks back and that I don't think that is fair to Tos.

Tos, who did you choose to perform your surgery? I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to following your progress.

A pit bull? Argghhhhh. I asked the poster named "serious" PLEASE dont let this go on earlier .

As far as asking you on the phone to have your girl count your grafts , I DID.

Now whether or not you replied to that on here I dont remember so if you did I apologize but Im 99.9% positive you never gave a yes or a no answer as far as the counts.

By the way where did you provide your detailed graft counts ? I honestly dont remember you doing that

I wont talk about our private messages or phone calls but the way it sounded someone was very upset I brought the graft thing up once again. Hmmmm I wonder who that was

I shouldn't assume anyone wanted me kicked off but should of said they would have loved that. Surely the way it sounded.

You didnt lock that thread because of me because YOU erased any negative comments and there were other guys throwing around insults. Dont put it all on me Bill.

As far patients having to wait for growth for hair breakdowns Dr Wong HIMSELF said they have been keeping these on record for years.

Now there have been a handful of HW pics posted since then but not counts.

How hard is it to hit one key and get that info.

Anyway I know HW took care of you and these topics get under your skin so Ill once again wave the white flag.

My 19-20 year old neighbor kept taunting me how he would kill me in a game of B-ball 21.

He keep talking trash over and over until Ill got sick of it,took him to the court and crushed him 21 -5.

Thats what I do when people say one thing and I know another .

Too bad certain clinics just lie around and wonder should I or should I not take that challenge

By the way, one hair grafts are "counterproductive" when it's time to plant in the crown and vertex.

Thanks Serious you just positively contributed to my argument.

Please Grow Please,

I am going to let you have the last word on this thread and take our conversation privately now. In good faith, I will leave your last post here, but expect you will no longer discuss it.

I do need to clarify so you understand. You have been publicly and privately warned, not because of your opinion on splitting hairs, but for specifically trolling Hasson and Wong and their patients (or prospective patients). A recent example of this (which I removed) can be found here.

Trolling is the internet form of stalking and harrassment and is not acceptable here. In my opinon, you have a lot of knowledge and wisdom to share based on his experience and indeed could be a well respected member of our community. But agendas of any kind are not supported or tolerated here whether they are to discredit, harrass, or covertly promote.

Again, you are welcome to share your opinion. But if the targeting of a particular clinic and their patients doesn't stop, I will suspend you for a week which is the next step.

Regards,

Bill

Thats cool but I only said to Bobman that it seems lately your only here to promote HW.

This can be confirmed by a Bobman author search.

I also said I use to like when you helped out and even ffered to meet him.

I didnt call him a shill like you said . I just made a statement in hopes that he realizes ,Hey PGPs right, let me share my knowledge instead of just giving HW kudos on every thread.

You call it trolling I call it keeping it real.

Problem is my definition doesnt matter as you have that little magical disappear button in front of you icon_smile.gif

Ill have to think of what I could possibly do with my life if suspended for a week . Lord please dont let this occur. I couldnt possibly go on not posting on a hair forum icon_wink.gif

Im only here to help and there are plenty of guys that can tell you this.

Ive spent hours on the phone with guys/girls on my own for free unlike some of select few that complain about my views

Ill try once again to abide by the rules but I dont belive I broke any

Hearing how a HW consultant bashed a guy that changed my life didnt sit well with me.

Ok those are my last words.

Hi Everyone! Seems like we got into a tough conversation! I appreciate all the input from everyone! But can we do one thing together for eactother, Would we all agree that Dr Shapiro, Dr's Hasson & Wong and Dr Konior are all towards the top of the there chosen fields? (along with a few others also)I love this forum because all the help i have been given on choosing the great surgeon i will be having my procedure with. If i can interject one thing, please keep in mind that there are millions of others out there who need help just like i did and all of you did in the past and may in the future. THAT is why i am here! I have received some great advice from all of you and have spoken to a few of you on the phone and that has really helped me! In the time before my procedure i will continue to post on here and seek advice and will be open to ANYONE who wants to talk to me and ask me for advice on how i made my choice with the Doctor i went with. After the procedure i will post pictures not to advertise for the Doctor but to HELP other people who have questions in regards to the process and what to expect! I will always offer my time to talk to anyone who needs some guidance and advice in regards to HT surgery. That being said the Dr i am having the procedure with does not need me to advertise for them and even if i was offered 100,000 to do it i would not, it's not about money it's about helping myself and others through a very tough choice they are trying to make. To answer the question that was asked above, I will be having the procedure with Dr. Ron Shapiro and the Shapiro Medical Group. I really feel that Hasson & Wong and Dr. Konior are both great surgeons also. In the end i was able to choose from 3 of the best and i felt more comfortable with Dr. Shapiro after speaking to Matt and consulting with the Dr. Once again i look forward to talking to all of you in the near future and will reach out to the people i have spoke to and have helped me throughout the process. I would also love to talk to more of you! The more advice i can get the better! ( Send me a PM of you would like to talk) I also look forward to helping others with advice who are doing research! (PM me if you would like!) Thanks and god bless and talk to you soon!

Todd

After the procedure i will post pictures not to advertise for the Doctor but to HELP other people who have questions in regards to the process and what to expect

And this above statement is the primary purpose of this discussion forum - for patients to share their experiences and photos with others and offer their genuine unbiased input.

You've selected an oustanding surgeon and I look forward to watching your hair restoration transformation :-)

Bill

Tos, in my very humble opinion I think you made a great choice. Like you, I believe that Dr. Wrong, Dr. Konior, Dr. Shapiro do fabulous work. That being so, I am curious as to what the deciding factor was in choosing Dr. Shapiro? Cost, location, comfort level with the physician, preference for his work?

Comfort level and the conversation i had with Dr. Shapiro and Matt, location is 5 hours away so it still involves travel.. Cost was not an issue. And the honest up front consultation from Matt. Talking with Dr Shapiro today again was great, you can tell he Cares! Thanks! icon_smile.gif There was no pressure at all from SMG! All Dr's were all equal in ability to me and i could of went with any of them and not went wrong!

Todd

Todd