Had Consults online with Dr Shapiro and Hasson and Wong

Dr. Shapiro's consult said around 3000 graphs needed

Dr. Hasson & Wong consult said 4500 graphs

Anyone have any idea why the large difference? Both are top notch just a little confused by it all, 1500 difference seems to be quite a bit! (Both saw the same photos) Thanks in advance!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Shapiro's consult said around 3000 graphs needed

Dr. Hasson & Wong consult said 4500 graphs

Anyone have any idea why the large difference? Both are top notch just a little confused by it all, 1500 difference seems to be quite a bit! (Both saw the same photos) Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply, H&W did say that 4500 would give me complete coverage with some temple point work and a little work done on the crown. Here are some pics to look at thanks!

001-W800.jpg.cf6329b9456879e5000970a91669ee55.jpg

And other side thanks for the help, both are World class just wanted some feedback in regards to the difference! Also there seems to be some bad blood in regards to the consultant from H&W and Dr. Shapiro's office, The gentlemen from H&W while very knowledgeable did not think highly of the person who did the consult from Dr. Shapiro's office. But he spoke highly of Dr. Shapiro! That was nice to hear!

004-W800.jpg.e0aa614ecf4b338d3c1dd7ffce1bbc1f.jpg

H&W's philosophy is transparent: in cases of extensive loss (such as yours') -AND- when patients characteristics permit (donor laxity & density, age, etc) they believe in going for max grafts in a single session, affording the patient minimal down time and a less invasive experience a long w/many other benefits.

Why have two surgeries what can be achieved (by some) in only one?

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Very good point, my next question would be would Dr Shapiro do the same amount if i decided to go with him..

If neither clinic has seen you in person, than #'s meen nothing....H&W quoted 4500 FU..Can they get them? What's your donor area going to look like? What's your donor density? Quoting such high #'s without seeing a patient is ridiculous...3000 on the other ahnd is much more cosevative, if the Dr. beleives you can get more and you want it, I'm sure he would be more than willing to do it. By the way, any clinic that would talk down about another clinic in any way shape or form, is un-professional...Shame on you...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

I agree, very delicate subject. I don't seem to read much about Shapiro anymore, although I still think he does some of the best work out there (as well as HW). I do wish Shapiro would update his website, but that seems kind of small in the big picture, and a lot to ask for just to please me... icon_wink.gif

Thanks Kaounis,

I really am only trying to gather info and the best place to get that from is people with experience. I am not trying to hurt anyone and still have a consult with Dr. Konior. I think you are right about seeing me in person they would be able to make the best choice as far as treatmeant, Thanks for the help and i agree no one should ever put down another Dr!

I would be leaning towards the 4500 if they are not all 1s and 2s.

Otherwise its basically a 3500 graft surgery from any other place.

As long as HW uses plenty of 3s and 4 then I would consider them.

Ask them to promise on paper they will use the appropriate amount of 3s and 4s then count them when you go home.

They both do great work though.

Im not sure why Matt told you 3000 as it looks like you have extensive baldness .

When doc sees you dont be surprised if he says we can get 4000 or more .

I ended up receiving 1000 more then I went in for was I was in there.

As far as Matt not sure why one of their reps felt the need to disrespect him.

I have dealt with Matt on 3 surgeries and plenty of ugly duckling phase phone calls .

Not only was he down to earth but he was one of the most sensitive guys Ive ever met.

Im usually around cut throat people so it was refreshing to see a guy not only care about my concerns but generous as they come.

Ive dealt with Joe on the phone and he seems nice so I hope its not him but whatever happened he probably should have kept that to himself.

Kind of bush league if you ask me. Usually men that talk about other men are either insecure or feel threatened .

Times are tough and Ive noticed people dogging competition all around the world

I would be leaning towards the 4500 if they are not all 1s and 2s.

Otherwise its basically a 3500 graft surgery from any other place.

As long as HW uses plenty of 3s and 4 then I would consider them.

Ask them to promise on paper they will use the appropriate amount of 3s and 4s then count them when you go home.

PGP,

with a strip surgery you have absolutely no control over the amount of follicular groupings (1'2'3'4's) you will get. You get what's inside the strip.

But there is more 2's and 3's naturally present on the scalp, so the amount of 1's will always be much lower.

1's will be used to subtle and fine work such as the first rows of a hairline, or sometimes but more rarely, coupled together in a same incision to create 2's (to add volume) when the work is strictly in the crown and vertex.

Thanks for youe response Please grow, Matt was very kind to me also and i do appreciate your honesty as far as my hairloss is concerned, you did answer my question directly. Also thanks on the advice as far as the 3's and 4's. Either doctor has seen me in person and i would think and hope they would adjust up or down as needed on a case by case basis as online consults only give you so much. Once again thanks

Serious I understand all that but Im not going to get into the splitting of grafts again.

Ill say one thing is that they promised Bill to start adding the 3 and 4 hair counts but havent Hmmmmmm Doesnt take a rocket scientist.

Stevie Wonder even knows whats really going on.

Tos I answered your pm

I understand all that but Im not going to get into the splitting of grafts again. Ill say one thing is that they promised Bill to start adding the 3 and 4 hair counts but havent Hmmmmmm Doesnt take a rocket scientist.

PLP,

maybe you can ask Bill if he thinks H&W split his grafts...

Trust me, H&W would not ruin their reputation by splitting grafts to boost the final count! icon_eek.gif

Have you seen many doctors spending more than an hour just to extract a single strip?

They are able to get a high graft count because of their unique ability to maximize strip extraction... NOT because of some illegal tricks. icon_smile.gif

I asked Bill to have his girl count his own grafts . Never heard back ,maybe he forgot or they shed soon after

Its not illegal to split grafts Its their philosophy. They would still be great even if they left the more 3s and 4s intact.

What counts is the finished product no matter how you get there.

Listen Im not going to start this all over so please say what you have to say and be done with it as far as the splitting PLEASE!!!

HW were very mad at me last time and I dont want to go through all the pms again

I do this for free

Listen Im not going to start this all over so please say what you have to say and be done with it as far as the splitting PLEASE!!!

Splitting grafts can be useful if not enough 1's are present for the hairline, otherwise it's absolutely useless. Period.

Now what you say implies that they would boost the final count by splitting these grafts and ultimately make more bucks, which is absolutely and utterly ridiculous for anyone that know this clinic.

That's all.

I never said it was for more bucks. Just their philosophy and perhaps bragging rights .

Wait, wait... I'm not done lol

Seriously PLP, I would stop paranoia, and look at the "facts".

I'm not trying to defend this clinic, but I'm aware of their strip extraction method.

FACT: Their laborious extraction method and their dedication to it is the ONLY factor in their ability to consistently get higher amount of grafts.

That's it. This is a fact. Now you come here with all these funny assumptions and it makes me laugh.