Price way too expensive?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, HappyMan2021 said:

My interpretation of the communication is for Dr. Bisanga and his team of techs to do it, it is $20/graft. I assume even at the $20/graft rate, Bisanga would involve techs. 

That’s not the information the OP gave, he said he wanted Bisanga to do it without techs. I’ve asked him to clarify. No response.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It sounds like you’re demanding something out of the ordinary, which is why you got this price. It’s almost impossible for a doctor to do the entire procedure by themselves. It sounds like it was a price to essentially say no. But it probably would’ve been better to tell you that hair transplants are a team effort and that the doctor cannot feasibly do everything himself. 

It's still pretty unprofessional, IMO.

The answer should have been a simple 'no' and an explanation as to why technicians play an important part of the whole procedure.

What if the customer was okay with paying the 20 euro price tag?  Would Dr. Bisanga have taken the money and proceeded with conducting a hair transplant procedure by himself (which is something he likely never does) and compromise the results?

• Like 3

Thanks for the tag, essentially probably best his own advisor answers any query and will have an audit trail of emails and so can further expand. I have no case nor conversation history and am not familiar with the exact details of conversations so may not cover all queries. 

I will say though from my perspective, all of our results are a team effort, in my 15 or so years with BHR Clinic and Dr.Bisanga  I do not recall any result on any forum from Dr,B alone and I include my own result in this.

I would ask patients to be aware prior to consultation as to what they want and if they want Dr.B only, exclusively and without any tech assistance at all then ask that prior to coming so to avoid disappointment on a price. As said our team are integral and  represent ALL of our results on this and any forum, so if one likes the results then in essence they are happy with the team as pretty much every hair has been placed by them and they do it day in and day it, it is their sole work.  Often taking time to research and meet patients can then remove concern of having techs also as part of the surgery.

Some doctors do place alone and are happy to do so and Dr.Bisanga is more than able to or would not offer, but is not a usual request for most of our patients. If done then of course the patient in essence then is the only patient for the day/s as Dr.B will be solely performing all aspects of surgery, so Dr.B and team or  Dr.B shared surgery with Dr.Kostis, consultations etc  would also not be feasible for the days in which this surgery takes please.

A 4000 FUE is a large surgery and would be over several days, probably also more tiring for the patient, more injections etc, lesser grafts per day to keep out of the body time low and I myself do not see merit in it other than the patient prefers to have Dr.Bisanga do all parts from a to z. I have no doubt on Dr.B ability to do it but for closing the clinic to just one patient over several days will need to cover the costs and staff and all usual expenses. If the patient wants this then okay, Dr.Bisanga will provide a price for these requests. If the patient wants Dr.B and the techs or Dr.B and Dr.K shared with techs then the price is per email. 

So, it is good to have a comprehension of what it implies if the patient wants Dr.B only and for a good few days also. 

For any specific questions then this patient can of course continue with the advisor they have but I think good to qualify what has been asked and the implications. To date as said I am not aware of any patient on here who asked for this so it is superfluous really to most if not all. 

Edited by sl
  • Like 4

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

8 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Not sure how Konior & Bisanga are considered the best & their prices are too much. 

Show me where they have restored NW 6 & 7's that is the ultimate challenge.

They dont have as good as cases as Zarev,Pitella,Eugenix & Hasson & Wong.

They are excellent but not like there are not better surgeons.

If they were doing something exceptional I woulkd understand but they are not

I never said Konior & Bisanga are THE best. I said "the BEST surgeons will be entitled to charge great amounts for their SUPERB quality work" meaning the GROUP of BEST SURGEONS of the moment. Konior and Bisanga are among the best along with others like Zarev, Pitella, Eugenix & Hasson & Wong, Freitas.

In my opinion, the best doctor of the moment is Dr Couto and he is just charging 4.5€/graft. If you compare this with 20€/graft asking price by Dr Bisanga, well, there is a great difference but again, in my opinions doctors CAN demand what they want. Specially when they have a demand like the one presented here: I WANT YOU and just YOU.

However, I want to say that I think the clinic might have misunderstood @Tiago Martins . I am quite sure he meant: "I want Dr Bisanga to be the person extracting and putting the grafts in place", which could be done with the help of other 3-5 techs and over the period of 4 days. And all for 20@/graft. 

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, but this request was specifically for Bisanga himself, no technicians. It’s not feasible in modern day hair restoration. To do everything yourself, it would take multiple days. You’re essentially asking the surgeon to dedicate his entire practice to you for multiple days. If you consider the clinic does 1-2 surgeries a day, plus consultations and other non-surgical treatments. That’s probably 50k a day that they would lose for one patient. In my opinion, they should have just said no. This option would only make sense to someone like Elon Musk or someone extremely wealthy and famous that wants total privacy. 

Elon Musk is SUPER MEGA RICH... Or Jeff Bezos, who most likely would be rejected by Dr Bisanga 🤕

But bear in mind that there are a lot of RICH people out there with lots of $$$$$ ... take the 6 most important FOOTBALL League Competitions.

The six major European soccer leagues are the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, and Portuguese Primeira Liga.

There are a total of 116 teams in these six leagues: 20 in the English Premier League, 20 in La Liga, 20 in Serie A, 18 in the Bundesliga, 20 in Ligue 1, and 18 in the Primeira Liga.

The number of registered players in these six leagues varies each season, but it is estimated that there are around 3.000 players registered in total.

So, if we take that, maybe 50% would need/want a hair transplant to look younger/better... we have 1500 players who need a HAIR SURGEON. 

As for the average weekly salary of players, this also varies greatly depending on the league and the team they play for. According to a 2020 study by Sporting Intelligence, the highest average weekly salary is found in the English Premier League, where players earn an average of £61,000 (around €71,000) per week. This is followed by La Liga in Spain, where the average weekly salary is around €62,000, and Serie A in Italy, where the weekly average wage is around €40,000. The German Bundesliga and French Ligue 1 have an average weekly salary of approximately €34,000 and €30,000, respectively, while the weekly average wage in the Portuguese Primeira Liga is around €8,000. It should be noted that these values can vary significantly between teams and individual players.

Dont you think any of these FOOTBALL players would be willing to spend 2 weeks or 1 month salary for a NEW Beautiful Look 😎 ?

And I am just stating football here ... sometimes we forget there are many people out there with GOOD money that would easily pay 20€/graft for their HT ... which I still think is totally insane.

32 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

Elon Musk is SUPER MEGA RICH... Or Jeff Bezos, who most likely would be rejected by Dr Bisanga 🤕

But bear in mind that there are a lot of RICH people out there with lots of $$$$$ ... take the 6 most important FOOTBALL League Competitions.

The six major European soccer leagues are the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, and Portuguese Primeira Liga.

There are a total of 116 teams in these six leagues: 20 in the English Premier League, 20 in La Liga, 20 in Serie A, 18 in the Bundesliga, 20 in Ligue 1, and 18 in the Primeira Liga.

The number of registered players in these six leagues varies each season, but it is estimated that there are around 3.000 players registered in total.

So, if we take that, maybe 50% would need/want a hair transplant to look younger/better... we have 1500 players who need a HAIR SURGEON. 

As for the average weekly salary of players, this also varies greatly depending on the league and the team they play for. According to a 2020 study by Sporting Intelligence, the highest average weekly salary is found in the English Premier League, where players earn an average of £61,000 (around €71,000) per week. This is followed by La Liga in Spain, where the average weekly salary is around €62,000, and Serie A in Italy, where the weekly average wage is around €40,000. The German Bundesliga and French Ligue 1 have an average weekly salary of approximately €34,000 and €30,000, respectively, while the weekly average wage in the Portuguese Primeira Liga is around €8,000. It should be noted that these values can vary significantly between teams and individual players.

Dont you think any of these FOOTBALL players would be willing to spend 2 weeks or 1 month salary for a NEW Beautiful Look 😎 ?

And I am just stating football here ... sometimes we forget there are many people out there with GOOD money that would easily pay 20€/graft for their HT ... which I still think is totally insane.

Lmao this was a wild follow along 

1 hour ago, OliverAtom said:

this is both somewhat true and somewhat false. Plenty of celebrities and other people with money go to garbage clinics. I think Floyd Mayweather went to a hairmill in Turkey. Plenty of athletes and other celebrities go to bad hairmills. 

The sad truth of the matter is - if you are someone "noteworthy", the doctor and tech team are going to give you your undivided attention and an A+ effort. Whereas if you are just a regular Joe going to a hairmill, you are going to have a bad time. 

It's the reason so many famous people and influencers can go to bad clinics and still get good results. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

this is both somewhat true and somewhat false. Plenty of celebrities and other people with money go to garbage clinics. I think Floyd Mayweather went to a hairmill in Turkey. Plenty of athletes and other celebrities go to bad hairmills. 

The sad truth of the matter is - if you are someone "noteworthy", the doctor and tech team are going to give you your undivided A+ effort. Whereas if you are just a regular Joe going to a hairmill, you are going to have a bad time. 

It's the reason so many famous people and influencers can go to bad clinics and still get good results. 

I agree that Most famous people footballers etc..select Turkish clinics even if hey are very rich and they could go anywhere.

They just don’t pay anything for their hair transplant cause of the promotion they would to the clinic. The Turkish clinic will give its best effort to satisfy the famous personality, because he will promote the clinic with his result. As a result both parties are satisfied at the end  

So I don’t think any famous person would pay for his transplant as he could do it for free in many clinics and get a good result. 

• Like 1

The HT world is far different than the average industry.

All the best information is here, on forums and communities like this.  

You being a famous celebrity means very little in the HT world (in terms of trying to find a top surgeon), and it's proven by the fact that all these footballers just end up going to the hair transplant clinics that have the best marketing in the UK. 

Does anyone think that Wayne Rooney took the time to register for a HairRestorationNetwork account and do his due diligence? 

He's probably surrounded by a yes-man agent who was tasked to find the most expensive and most popular hair transplant clinic in the UK on his behalf, and he got himself a mediocre hair transplant as a result.  I'm shocked at how many EPL footballers just go and get HTs in the UK.  

All anyone has to do is take a look at famous former racecar driver Jacques Villeneuve's multiple botched FUT scars and it will make you wonder why the hell this guy won't do anything to at least correct what was done to his head.

The poor guy probably doesn't trust anyone anymore, and would never get back into a HT surgeon's chair, even though there is a lot that could be done to fix his terrible situation.

jv.png

Edited by Bucky O Hair
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It sounds like you’re demanding something out of the ordinary, which is why you got this price. It’s almost impossible for a doctor to do the entire procedure by themselves. It sounds like it was a price to essentially say no. But it probably would’ve been better to tell you that hair transplants are a team effort and that the doctor cannot feasibly do everything himself. 

Im not demanding anything. I just asked if Dr Bisanga was still active on the field, and if he could do it. When i wanted Dr Bisanga, the thing i would expect from him was to evaluate my case, do the extractions, incisions and place the grafts. All with assistence of course, but i would expect him to do that, thats why i asked if he was still active. Dr Bruno Ferreira ( Portugal ) himself does that. He evaluates, do the extractions, incisions and place all the grafts. Not in one day, but two. He have help of nurses, but the nurses " only " count, separate and clean the grafts so that Dr. Bruno Ferreira can place them. Knowing that Bruno Ferreira does that, i thought that was a universal thing on the hair transplant field. And asked that to BHR Clinic. Bruno Ferreira does all that and ask for 4 eur per graft. Bisanga to do all that ask for 20 eur per graft. Im not saying that they are equal or one is better than the other. But the prices are very far away .. If BHR Clinic or Dr Bisanga doesnt like to work that way, its totally ok for me. But they just could have said no, and not ask for 80.000 euros.

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Tiago Martins said:

Im not demanding anything. I just asked if Dr Bisanga was still active on the field, and if he could do it. When i wanted Dr Bisanga, the thing i would expect from him was to evaluate my case, do the extractions, incisions and place the grafts. All with assistence of course, but i would expect him to do that, thats why i asked if he was still active. Dr Bruno Ferreira ( Portugal ) himself does that. He evaluates, do the extractions, incisions and place all the grafts. Not in one day, but two. He have help of nurses, but the nurses " only " count, separate and clean the grafts so that Dr. Bruno Ferreira can place them. Knowing that Bruno Ferreira does that, i thought that was a universal thing on the hair transplant field. And asked that to BHR Clinic. Bruno Ferreira does all that and ask for 4 eur per graft. Bisanga to do all that ask for 20 eur per graft. Im not saying that they are equal or one is better than the other. But the prices are very far away .. If BHR Clinic or Dr Bisanga doesnt like to work that way, its totally ok for me. But they just could have said no, and not ask for 80.000 euros.

Well it must’ve been the way you requested it, because to me, and to the coordinator it seemed like you were requesting no technician involvement. Every single BHR procedure is by the team, so requesting anything else doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. If you like the results, the team is responsible for them, not just Bisanga. 

IMG_6568.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/4/2023 at 12:24 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

The sad truth of the matter is - if you are someone "noteworthy", the doctor and tech team are going to give you your undivided attention and an A+ effort. Whereas if you are just a regular Joe going to a hairmill, you are going to have a bad time. 

Totally agree with you.

When I was talking about footballers and money, I meant that IF one of the BEST clinics would ask a FOOTBALLER 20€/graft they would be totally fine paying that.

However, another very important thing is DOING YOUR RESEARCH.
Footballers, celebrities and rich people delegate this which it´s the most important thing. And Forums is where you learn the truth about Hair Transplants. As you guys know and some already said, Footballers, celebrities, etc are not here trying to learn and doing their proper research. 

And when Footballers, celebrities delegate this on their "assistants" well, bad decisions happens most of the time. 

Research, research and more research!!!
That is what we (with normal salaries) do. We try to find the best doctors/clinics that fit both our expectations/budget. When I proceed with mine I will first look at the money I have at the bank and then I will choose the best possible clinic/doctor.

On 5/3/2023 at 5:53 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

As a patient of Dr Zarev, I assure you no technician touched my head. He did all the extractions and implantations by himself.
His current price is 5 euros per graft. 

• Like 2

Going a little bit off topic here. Reading this thread gave me a interesting thought, when does more doctor involvement become too much?

Usually online when researching a common piece of advice you will find is “ go to a clinic/surgeon with a higher level of doctor involvement” which in on its own is good advice but if someone is really desperate and latching on to key factors and overused advice to maximise the best chance of success for a hair transplant. They might focus on that too much and won’t want technicians AT ALL.

In my opinion a healthy and the ideal level of doctor involvement is Technicians only doing one labor intensive step of the procedure (either implanting or extraction) whilst the surgeon does the consultation, planning, design and incision always and does the other labor intensive task that’s not been delegated to technicians. 

The idea is to maximise the efficiency of every person in a team, and if one person does all the work, that person will gradually get more exhausted throughout the procedure which overall isn’t something that you would want to hear your surgeon say during your procedure.

I feel like the doctor only plan is the worse deal/plan if your goal is to get the most hair on your head.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Going a little bit off topic here. Reading this thread gave me a interesting thought, when does more doctor involvement become too much?

Usually online when researching a common piece of advice you will find is “ go to a clinic/surgeon with a higher level of doctor involvement” which in on its own is good advice but if someone is really desperate and latching on to key factors and overused advice to maximise the best chance of success for a hair transplant. They might focus on that too much and won’t want technicians AT ALL.

In my opinion a healthy and the ideal level of doctor involvement is Technicians only doing one labor intensive step of the procedure (either implanting or extraction) whilst the surgeon does the consultation, planning, design and incision always and does the other labor intensive task that’s not been delegated to technicians. 

The idea is to maximise the efficiency of every person in a team, and if one person does all the work, that person will gradually get more exhausted throughout the procedure which overall isn’t something that you would want to hear your surgeon say during your procedure.

I feel like the doctor only plan is the worse deal/plan if your goal is to get the most hair on your head.

I think your opinion maybe biased by the fact you chose a surgeon that relies heavily on Techs. 

The biggest benefit of a doctor only, or doctor mainly involvement is quality control. If you go to a doctor only or doctor mainly, you know the results you are going to be getting. they are consistent. Good, bad and ugly. YThey are the face of the clinic and responsible for the surgical results. 

With tech involvement you dont know what you are getting. All clinics say their techs have been with them for a long time and are highly skilled. there is no way for you to verify this. What if the day of your surgery the best tech got sick and they called in a per diem help. you will never know. Even the best clinics have staff turnover and there are new techs coming in. Is the tech going to care if they are jamming the follicles in during placement or transecting the follicle during extraction? or do you think he/she will think more along the lines, ok I have to be out of here by 4 pm. how do i finish this by 4 pm?  because of this there is more variation in the quality of the results that are put out. 

Edited by shiba1985

On 5/3/2023 at 1:20 PM, OliverAtom said:

Dr Konior prices are up there too. But you are guaranteeing your result for sure. 

If you want a VIP service with Dr Bisanga, one of the VERY BEST, I think he has the right to tag his work at €20/graft. If I had the money I wouldnt mind paying that but... I could never pay so, I will have more options within my budget. 

I am sure more doctores will start offering this VIP Exclusive services. With a lot more clinics doing very bad hair transplants all around the world, the BEST surgeons will be entitled to charge great amounts for their SUPERB quality work. Messi, Cristiano, Beckam, Michael Jordan... had astronomical salaries compared with the rest... all could ask whatever they want. Cristiano is making €200 millions a year, something never seen before... Great doctors will do this too.

Thanks a lot for the info.

There are never any guarantees for a good result in a ht. You could be the best in the world and it could result in a failure. Several factors matter in terms of the success of the transplant as to what I have researched. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benz said:

As a patient of Dr Zarev, I assure you no technician touched my head. He did all the extractions and implantations by himself.
His current price is 5 euros per graft. 

The same with dr Pekiner and he charges 2.7€/graft. Techs don’t do either implantation or extraction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

I think your opinion maybe biased by the fact you chose a surgeon that relies heavily on Techs. 

The biggest benefit of a doctor only, or doctor mainly involvement is quality control. If you go to a doctor only or doctor mainly, you know the results you are going to be getting. they are consistent. Good, bad and ugly. YThey are the face of the clinic and responsible for the surgical results. 

With tech involvement you dont know what you are getting. All clinics say their techs have been with them for a long time and are highly skilled. there is no way for you to verify this. What if the day of your surgery the best tech got sick and they called in a per diem help. you will never know. Even the best clinics have staff turnover and there are new techs coming in. Is the tech going to care if they are jamming the follicles in during placement or transecting the follicle during extraction? or do you think he/she will think more along the lines, ok I have to be out of here by 4 pm. how do i finish this by 4 pm?  because of this there is more variation in the quality of the results that are put out. 

I wouldnt say my opinion is biased because of going to H&W. My example that I listed of the ideal doctor involvement doesn't apply to H&W as technicians do both extractions and implantations. 

When you see people give the advice of "go to a clinic/surgeon with higher doctor involvement" and they give names as examples in the same sentence, these doctors usually do have some form of significant technician involvement in either extractions or implantations. To be honest, it would be phrased better in a official topic as "healthy levels of tech involvement" rather than doctor involvement.

The idea of technicians not caring about transecting and just looking to get out by 4pm is a byproduct of the clinic your going to. You can go to Konior, H&W, Freitas, any highly regarded clinic with a reputation to uphold and I imagine this behavior would not last long if it occurred (quality would go down and the techs would get fired). On the other end you have hair mills who do unethical practices wouldn't care about how qualified their technicians are and this behavior wouldn't be discouraged or punished, just reinforced because they get away with being lazy. Trash Clinics will always train and create trash technicians, better clinics train and create better technicians. 

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

With full doctor involvement - you know exactly who is working on your head and what they’re doing. If anything goes wrong, you at least know it wasn’t because of a poorly trained tech. 

The trade off is that such surgeons are naturally going to be more limited in the ability to perform mega-sessions, unless it’s via a multi-day procedure, which tend to rack up higher costs. 

If you want as close to full doctor involvement as possible, patient testimonials are that Konior, Nadimi, Zarev, Ahmad, and Pekiner handle all critical surgical aspects, with tech involvement to more limited roles (e.g. graft counting and separation). 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Z-- said:

With full doctor involvement - you know exactly who is working on your head and what they’re doing. If anything goes wrong, you at least know it wasn’t because of a poorly trained tech. 

The trade off is that such surgeons are naturally going to be more limited in the ability to perform mega-sessions, unless it’s via a multi-day procedure, which tend to rack up higher costs. 

If you want as close to full doctor involvement as possible, patient testimonials are that Konior, Nadimi, Zarev, Ahmad, and Pekiner handle all critical surgical aspects, with tech involvement to more limited roles (e.g. graft counting and separation). 

True, howeaver doctors just like techs can also have bad days and you can get unlucky even if part of the entire process was made by them. 

It's just that techs do involve more variables but it all really depends on the clinic and the type of techs it hires. 

Couto as an example uses them and his clinic still ranks at the top, why? Because at the end of the day hair transplants always rely on teamwork and coordination. 

To my understanding a doctor who does the procedure (extractions and implantations) by himself and has techs on a bad day can still transect grafts during the dissection process or even during the implantation if they aren't careful... So in a way getting a job done entirely by the surgeon does not automatically guarantee you a better result to that extent. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think you might need to be a bit more pragmatic/bottom line about your approach and not get so lost in the weeds.

If the doctor usually does his procedure with the help of techs (and you like his patient posted results) then that is the approach you should take. If he does most of the procedures solo (and you like his patient posted results) than you get it solo. If there is an established track record, stay in the middle of the pack don't go off on your own. To mix analogies, don't try to reinvent the wheel when the proof is in the pudding.

Principle of supply and demand.

But also US/most European doctors are super expensive, this is why people prefer Turkey because you can get the same thing far cheaper.

Dr Gur does the whole procedure himself for a fraction of the price. Dr Bicer also does the whole thing herself. I think even Eugenix prices are better for full doctor involvement. Many examples to choose from. 

I don’t think shaming Dr Bisanga by making a topic like this is fair to him. You don’t complain about Dr Konior charging so much very few can afford?.