Just had surgery with Dr Raghu Reddy of Restore Hair Clinics (~1300 grafts)

On 4/15/2023 at 2:39 AM, Navthedon said:

I made the mistake of going to him. Was not happy for the hairline he created (far too conservative and high) - eventually I got so frustrated I ended up going Turkey to have it done right. The fact he charges per hair rather than per graft should've sent alarm bells but I didn't know any better back then. Never again. 

Not to hijack this thread, but it seems as if there’s been quite a few unusual cases very recently where people are questioning the Reddy’s results against the extremely high standard that they hold him to. There’s a few threads on Reddit in particular. Certainly interesting. 

• Administrators

I would ask that anyone with poor results share them here, otherwise it’s hearsay. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, Navthedon said:

I made the mistake of going to him. Was not happy for the hairline he created (far too conservative and high) - eventually I got so frustrated I ended up going Turkey to have it done right. The fact he charges per hair rather than per graft should've sent alarm bells but I didn't know any better back then. Never again. 

On 4/23/2023 at 1:12 AM, Nelly said:

Looks great excellent choice of surgeon. He is super conservative. Not always highest levels of density in his work but seems to get great graft uptake from what we’ve seen on here, and ultimately creates great outcomes. 

I had a consultation with him in 2019 at the Private Clinic. 

at the time it wasn’t right for me but no doubt he is an excellent doctor. 

This is interesting to read because when I did hairline design with him, I think it was too juvenile for my preference. He seems to follow the 1 finger above the frontalis muscle rule, but I felt that for my head and face shape, I thought that it would be too juvenile.

I think if you're going below the 1 finger above the frontalis muscles, it would maybe be pretty juvenile, but the 1 finger can vary. I think it depends on the face and head shape, for me I felt going well above that would be ideal for my head and face shape. I think for a guy like Paul Rudd, who has a big forehead but no hair recession I could notice, for sometime like that going near the bottom of the 1 finger would be ideal. 

Edited by HairRun

12 hours ago, HairRun said:

This is interesting to read because when I did hairline design with him, I think it was too juvenile for my preference. He seems to follow the 1 finger above the frontalis muscle rule, but I felt that for my head and face shape, I thought that it would be too juvenile.

I think if you're going below the 1 finger above the frontalis muscles, it would maybe be pretty juvenile, but the 1 finger can vary. I think it depends on the face and head shape, for me I felt going well above that would be ideal for my head and face shape. I think for a guy like Paul Rudd, who has a big forehead but no hair recession I could notice, for sometime like that going near the bottom of the 1 finger would be ideal. 

I think given where the hair originally is that’s been used as guidance. Shape is fine face is framed well. Maybe a little light on density but he gets great results so I think you’re in extremely safe hands. 

• 7 months later...

Update from clinic: 

"Thank you for the update.

Dr Reddy said that it's looking good for 9 month mark. He thinks there will be some hair coming through still and the area will thicken up a bit more.

Kind regards," 

Does anyone think this looks good for 9 months? To me it looks like someone who still needs a HT. My concern is that it was 50% denser at the 7 month mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Stay chill, you’ve got some more growth to come in. You’ve chosen a good doc. And donor is in incredible shape. 

if any concerns take it up with him. I’m sure he’ll look after you! 

good luck 

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Update:

A couple of weeks off the 1 year mark.

Very depressed. Emailed clinic a couple of days ago to arrange a follow up, no reply yet. Let's see what Dr says.

20240308_204520.jpg

20240308_204756.jpg

20240308_204740.jpg

20240308_204515.jpg

20240308_204235.jpg

20240308_204528.jpg

20240308_204311.jpg

Edited by TheManeMan

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, domjonse said:

Sorry to hear man :( Interested to see what Dr Reddy says

Just had a follow up call. 

He said it's strange that it seemed thicker at the 5 month mark but advised to schedule in a procedure to touch up in a few months but first to apply topical minoxidil and assess in another 3 months if it goes back into growth phase.

Will update this thread in the coming months.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheManeMan said:

Just had a follow up call. 

He said it's strange that it seemed thicker at the 5 month mark but advised to schedule in a procedure to touch up in a few months but first to apply topical minoxidil and assess in another 3 months if it goes back into growth phase.

Will update this thread in the coming months.

Is he offering a free touch up?

I would seriously consider going somewhere else or at least get consultations elsewhere and see if anyone can see what has went wrong

Edited by thetdog666

4 hours ago, thetdog666 said:

Is he offering a free touch up?

I would seriously consider going somewhere else or at least get consultations elsewhere and see if anyone can see what has went wrong

I got the impression it wouldn't cost me anything as he said his goal is to make his patients happy. 

• 4 weeks later...