Just had surgery with Dr Raghu Reddy of Restore Hair Clinics (~1300 grafts)

Hi guys,

Okay it's now been 48 hours since I've had the surgery. Let me give a brief breakdown of my experience to date.

- Arrived at 9.30am.

- Took pre-op photos and discussed hairline. I showed photos of my hair about 5 o 6 years ago to replicate the general shape of the hairline I was going for. The hairline was slightly higher on the righthand side previously (photo attached below).

- Once we agreed on the hairline, my head was shaved, I took the medications and it was into the surgery room.

- Dr Reddy performed all of the punches and then his technician removed them. The extractions were very unpleasant in the beginning but when the anaesthetic kicked in it was fine. 

- By lunchtime the extractions were done.

- The slits were made by Dr Reddy and he implanted the first few rows of the hairline. His technician then implanted some behind and then at the end Dr Reddy did the rest and added some additional singles to the corners/hairline.

- The implanting at the front took until about 6pm, so it was a full day.

- Dr. Reddy and his team are very personable and were in good spirits. A positive atmosphere.

- Following surgery, the photos were taken and I was given more medications.

I am not sure how to feel about the hairline shape yet as the right side is still quite swollen (what do you all think?), so perhaps it looks higher on the righthand side than it really is. I did ask for slight asymmetry, so I guess we'll see how it turns out. 

I do not know the proportions of triples/doubles/singles etc.

See pictures below:

Pre-OP

image.thumb.jpeg.eec1ce80bec9f2278d1235dd629db5ec.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c79065915b45ffaafa5a807e09df9bc7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0325630695c81f09a09075aa4d27bd42.jpeg

The shape I was aiming for:

image.thumb.jpeg.d36a9c0e9f941cc365548a9bba2d4581.jpeg

Immediately Post-OP:

image.thumb.jpeg.dfbb6ac98c055368cf742995d0764a4b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2d7e7237e4c009cbae3d1da2213d0ceb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.91b3d1945558fdb8db035173b3dd7b44.jpeg

Edited by TheManeMan

Having a swollen head completely gets rid of forehead wrinkles haha

Photos 48 hours post OP:

image.thumb.jpeg.caa276266a04d0497a9326163b470d18.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b7ad226283df6528660499ec01c47265.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0401edf9ec225f4c76a1a9039292a2f9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.832d1d2b41534c608eed04b10726e978.jpeg

I will post at the 1 and 2 week mark and then every month after that.

I have also been given a prescription for oral minoxidil 2.5mg and may continue with RU58841 topical.

• Valued Contributor

Work looks clean..he is a very good surgeon and.you will get a very good outcome ...best of luck..Happy growing and keep updating 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Always interested to see more reddy results. Seems like he has really good hairline work most of the time. Not a fan of how he charges per hair instead of graft- he's the only surgeon i'm aware of doing this. Did you try finasteride before RU? The lack of studies for it and its unknown side effect/safety profile have always sketched me out, even though it seems like a lot of people have great results. 

22 hours ago, Berik said:

Always interested to see more reddy results. Seems like he has really good hairline work most of the time. Not a fan of how he charges per hair instead of graft- he's the only surgeon i'm aware of doing this. Did you try finasteride before RU? The lack of studies for it and its unknown side effect/safety profile have always sketched me out, even though it seems like a lot of people have great results. 

Yes, finasteride is poison for me.

I took bloodwork including testosterone, free test, estradiol, LH, FSH etc  (and even did a semen analysis) prior to trying RU58841. Then I retested 16 weeks later and nothing changed following RU58841 use. I also don't notice any difference in how I feel on it.

Finasteride on the other hand scorched my libido, brain fog, weaker boners etc, ball ache and took me years to recover from it.

1 week since HT

Scabs have basically all gone. Still using baby shampoo instead of head and shoulders which appears to be drying out some skin interestingly enough.

Think it's looking good so far? 

In the light it seems as though the grafts on the left hand temple only just meet the light native hair behind. There seems to be more of a safe zone behind the right temple. I know the picture quality isn't great but any thoughts/input? 

20230404_214120.jpg

20230404_214118.jpg

20230404_214113.jpg

20230404_214107.jpg

20230404_214125.jpg

Edited by TheManeMan
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:15 PM, Berik said:

Wow, Never knew there are doctor who charges per hair. 

I hope OP can confirm this

Edited by Rawkerboi

1 hour ago, Rawkerboi said:

Wow, Never knew there are doctor who charges per hair. 

I hope OP can confirm this

The quote was for 3000 hairs. They didn't give a breakdown of the numbers of threes, twos and singles though. 1300 grafts when I emailed asking for the number.

22 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

can somebody tell me why 1.300 grafts here was enough while a patient with a similar apporach needed 3000 grafts?

happy growing op!

are the hair characteristics so different?

Look at the area of his versus mine, it's at least double. Also look at his donor area and size of his forehead vs mine pre OP. 

Mine was a relatively small job comparatively.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Looks super clean 👍🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I made the mistake of going to him. Was not happy for the hairline he created (far too conservative and high) - eventually I got so frustrated I ended up going Turkey to have it done right. The fact he charges per hair rather than per graft should've sent alarm bells but I didn't know any better back then. Never again. 

• Wow 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Navthedon said:

I made the mistake of going to him. Was not happy for the hairline he created (far too conservative and high) - eventually I got so frustrated I ended up going Turkey to have it done right. The fact he charges per hair rather than per graft should've sent alarm bells but I didn't know any better back then. Never again. 

Do you have a thread? Would you mind sharing it?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great excellent choice of surgeon. He is super conservative. Not always highest levels of density in his work but seems to get great graft uptake from what we’ve seen on here, and ultimately creates great outcomes. 

I had a consultation with him in 2019 at the Private Clinic. 

at the time it wasn’t right for me but no doubt he is an excellent doctor.