2012 graft fue Hasson & Wong (Dr. Wong) - October 3rd 2022

• Administrators

🤔 it does look like its near the border of the crown, which wasn’t harvested. It could be that you’re thinning in the lower vertex area, and that upper region near the border was harvested, leading to a more diffuse appearance. 
523F8819-FA62-453A-A5CF-5C4676046461.jpeg

Have you considered cutting it shorter? I think short hair will be easier to tell what’s going on. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Take a pic with your head angle matching and farther away like here in this photo for easier comparison. If the head is tilted back like it seems to be in the photo you posted of your donor now it is reducing the cross sectional area of the donor we see and showing us more crown

• Like 1

Also I agree with Melvin your crown might be continuing to thin especially along that donor border. If you’re not I would get on dutasteride or try it out, minoxidil, and you may want to do some crown work in the future too. That would be my plan. Hw harvest homogeneously and your donor looked good before. So I think it is that your crown is starting to dip down a bit with thinning. Mines started doing that too. I put minoxidil and dutasteride back/down there as well 

Thank you for your answers. Yeah i have been using dutasteride and minoxidil for quite some time now. I went to see the dermatologist and she mentioned there was no thinning in that area. She blamed the harvest of the hair. I feel it’s accurate as I haven’t had any thinning there for like 15 years keeping the situation stable with medications as you can see in the pre op pic. Then after the surgery it looks like that, with empty spaces. But anyway I have booked a FUE test in October with Dr. Feriduni. Before the test he will check the donor area and will tell me more about what it is