2012 graft fue Hasson & Wong (Dr. Wong) - October 3rd 2022

2 hours ago, milito_22 said:

Yes, I mean I will wait until month 12 and see. The thing is that I feel the above case is more of an exception than a rule

I’m at month 5 post op wong and I’m not seeing a ton of improvement yet I’m my frontal third where I had most of the grafts so I’m hopping in the next few months I see more density come in

2 hours ago, milito_22 said:

they did say that the final result will be between month 9 and 12 but I have rarely seen cases of people having almost all the growth after month 6.

Exactly as you said it's not only about the money. I have been struggling with alopecia since I was 16. Now I am 32. 16 years of minoxidil and later on finasteride/dutasteride. It has not been mentally easy. In the end I wanted to get my deserved "award." I can just keep hoping until month 12 and see

I get your deserved " award" part completely. I started losing hair when i was 15. So last 12 years I have tried everything to keep the hair and I also think of the eventual hair transplant result to be one of the rewards for the effort put in . Mentally sometimes it takes a hit on you that so much time ,effort and money we put and so much of hairstyle management has to be done incase they get wet or lot of wind hits. But pushing through this split second thoughts we go ahead to next day and continue with hair care regime. So i hope that you are the exception and get the result in coming months.

Edited by duckling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I think I will just post pics 9 months post op when I will send an update to Dr. Wong as well. But I can tell you that pretty much nothing has changed since the last update. And I don't think anything else will change until month 12 unfortunately

On 5/24/2023 at 5:56 AM, milito_22 said:

Hello everyone, I think I will just post pics 9 months post op when I will send an update to Dr. Wong as well. But I can tell you that pretty much nothing has changed since the last update. And I don't think anything else will change until month 12 unfortunately

Sorry to hear there's no improvement. Sorry if you've answered this already but are you on any preventative medication?

5 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Sorry to hear there's no improvement. Sorry if you've answered this already but are you on any preventative medication?

yes, like minoxidil since I was 16-18 and then finasteride/dutasteride. I have been on medication for more than 10 years now

22 hours ago, milito_22 said:

yes, like minoxidil since I was 16-18 and then finasteride/dutasteride. I have been on medication for more than 10 years now

Hi, did sprayed the ATP saline solution on your head during the first 7 days after surgery ? Have you started minoxidil after surgery.

Have you seen any growth during the first month when transplant still not fallen.

Thanks

On 5/24/2023 at 3:56 AM, milito_22 said:

Did Dr Wong reply and give an explanation to the lack of yield?

This is quite concerning and hopefully you can find a answer and have a path moving forward.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

On 5/30/2023 at 1:20 AM, BurnieBurns said:

I see. Hang in there mate, it can't be easy

Thanks man. Yes not easy all. I could never expect this when I picked H&W. I can’t believe I am seeing people who went to Turkey, got a super cheap surgery and have hair regrow after 3-4 months. 

15 hours ago, Maballack said:

Hi, did sprayed the ATP saline solution on your head during the first 7 days after surgery ? Have you started minoxidil after surgery.

Have you seen any growth during the first month when transplant still not fallen.

Thanks

Hi, they didn’t spray anything on my scalp. I started minoxidil way before my surgery. Like 10+ years before. Haven’t seen any growth the first month. Not even now that I am at almost 8 month post op actually…

5 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Did Dr Wong reply and give an explanation to the lack of yield?

This is quite concerning and hopefully you can find a answer and have a path moving forward.

He said hair has started to grow in but it is still baby fine, when I was at 6 months. And that the final growth happens between 9 and 12 months. Pretty much he sai I need to wait 12 months post op to judge. But there’s actually nothing growing on my scalp. I am like as I was pre op

• 1 month later...

Dr. Wong said he has compared 9 month pics with 6 month pics and that my hair has continued to come in well...

When I told him I am not satisfied with the result he said my progress over the last 3 month has been great (I don't understand where he sees that ?!) and that I need to wait 12 month

I think this looks pretty good, go ahead and compare your old pics to your new hairline, isn't it thicker? It's only 2012 grafts. I also think you have fine hair so i think you shouldn't expect a very dense looking result. 

See look, at the top, almost of your hairs are minitiurized, (very thin, affected by male pattern baldness, and at the bottom, most of your hairs are long healthy hairs. 20230708_170045.thumb.jpg.cd06cea96eb333a4893f1a003d05a04f.jpg

I mean, ok there's been a slightly improvement compared to pre op, but I can't consider this as a satisfying result. it's mediocre, at the best. What's the point for me to get a hair transplant, spend $15K, if this is the result? I still have to comb my hair same way as pre op to cover the empty spots. And 2000 grafts it is what they quoted to cover that area of my scalp. We didn't even lower the hairline to give more coverage to the existing one.

• Like 2

I think you didn't have realistic expectations going into this. 2000 geats isn't a tonne and the area you had the transplant, the remaining native hairs were thin and easy to go. The hairs there now look thicker and are the transplanted hairs while the weaker hairs either are gone now or are so thin they don't make any density difference. This wouldn't be what I call a failed ht but you and the clinic probably weren't on the same page regarding expectations. With your level of hairloss, the reality is that 2000 grafts wouldn't really hold up in keeping that area dense for more than a few years. Your kind of hairloss would require multiple touchups and procedures. 

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I think you didn't have realistic expectations going into this. 

That entirely depends on the expectations that were set by the surgeon. If he went to his consultation and asked for a few more years of slightly thicker hair then I agree, he's been unrealistic. 

If he asked for the same hairline but full coverage then he hasn't got what he asked for.

The surgeon is the expert, saw his head under magnification and understands what hair transplants can deliver.

If he needed 3500 grafts because the miniaturised hairs wouldn't survive the surgery surely that is what should have been quoted?

The patient could have them decided whether he continued with 2000, saved more money for 3500 or used a different clinic?

I've seen top clinics perform miracles with small numbers of grafts and hair mills use twice as many. Since he paid for a top surgeon I think its realistic to expect the former rather than the latter?

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

5 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

That entirely depends on the expectations that were set by the surgeon. If he went to his consultation and asked for a few more years of slightly thicker hair then I agree, he's been unrealistic. 

If he asked for the same hairline but full coverage then he hasn't got what he asked for.

The surgeon is the expert, saw his head under magnification and understands what hair transplants can deliver.

If he needed 3500 grafts because the miniaturised hairs wouldn't survive the surgery surely that is what should have been quoted?

The patient could have them decided whether he continued with 2000, saved more money for 3500 or used a different clinic?

I've seen top clinics perform miracles with small numbers of grafts and hair mills use twice as many. Since he paid for a top surgeon I think its realistic to expect the former rather than the latter?

Fair but the fact that the op made this post saying it was a failure at 5 months shows to me, he has very high and unreasonable expectations. 

Edited by Spidey

Try to post the picture without Hair Band. By wearing hair band, the illusion of Hair transplant is gone. 

The results may not be 100% perfect but there is definitely some growth if you compare it with previous month.