2012 graft fue Hasson & Wong (Dr. Wong) - October 3rd 2022

22 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

5.5 months is still too early to deem failure or not. The full process takes 12 months. 

yes ok this what is doctors say, but by checking around you can tell that at about 6 months the result is pretty much done. There could be little improvements until 12 month, but most of the regrowth should have happened already

15 minutes ago, BaldV said:

can you post normal pictures outdoors from 0,6 meters away? also the quality of the pics you post is really low

ok I will try to take better quality pics. But I guess you can already tell from what I have posted that the result is weak.

17 minutes ago, milito_22 said:

But I guess you can already tell from what I have posted that the result is weak.

Not from those pictures, try not to pull your hair back.

• Like 1

• Administrators

5.5 months is still early, with plenty of time to grow. Have you contacted the clinic?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

5.5 months is still early, with plenty of time to grow. Have you contacted the clinic?

Contacted them when I was at 3.5 months and they told me it was too early. They told me to share pics with them when I was at 6 months. So I am just waiting to hit the 6 months mark before reaching out to them again

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, milito_22 said:

Contacted them when I was at 3.5 months and they told me it was too early. They told me to share pics with them when I was at 6 months. So I am just waiting to hit the 6 months mark before reaching out to them again

Even at 6.5 months a lot can happen. Check out this recent thread:

I would say keep taking photos monthly. Try not to compare progress week by week. Growth may start later. Happy growing, reach out to me if you need anything.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Even at 6.5 months a lot can happen. Check out this recent thread:

I would say keep taking photos monthly. Try not to compare progress week by week. Growth may start later. Happy growing, reach out to me if you need anything.

Ok, I will follow your suggestion. And thank you for the support

• Like 1

Some patients show near full results at 5.5 months, but they are at the luckier tail end of the growth distribution. The average patient certainly does not exhibit full growth at 5.5 or 6 months. You will likely see improvements for several months to come.

• Valued Contributor

I have seen growth picking up aftr 6 months in many cases ..so jst stay calm and have patience ...there are few lucky ones who gets good growth within 6 months..bt most of the people starts geting growth after 6 months till 14-16 months

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

As an objective viewer I can say you definitely have more hair than pre-surgery. The notion that the result is 'done' at 6 months is an extreme generalisation that does not apply to everyone. Dr Wong would have several thousand patients in his time and will be one of the first to tell you if it's not progressing as it should.

For context, I'm just over 4 months and most of my transplanted hasn't grown in yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

This is a 6 month update. Sent these pics to Doctor Wong as well. He said hair has started to grow in but it is still baby fine. Honestly, I am still skeptical any improvement will happen from now on. I can just wait and hope

6month_6.jpg.47521143a9a5bd125fd487e983407379.jpg6month_5.jpg.af7d5b0153af8e07c31202ba0121c49f.jpg6month_4.jpg.880567d5ae53ac7d6e5a528532601978.jpg6month_3.thumb.jpg.abef21ae117760e166f00cfbbb11ad49.jpg6month_2.jpg.ed11e1304bda2588ec0985f8e10cacae.jpg6month_1.JPG.20893646c48a23d11c35161b9a0acc6f.JPG

On 4/4/2023 at 4:35 AM, milito_22 said:

Hello everyone,

This is a 6 month update. Sent these pics to Doctor Wong as well. He said hair has started to grow in but it is still baby fine. Honestly, I am still skeptical any improvement will happen from now on. I can just wait and hope

6month_6.jpg.47521143a9a5bd125fd487e983407379.jpg6month_5.jpg.af7d5b0153af8e07c31202ba0121c49f.jpg6month_4.jpg.880567d5ae53ac7d6e5a528532601978.jpg6month_3.thumb.jpg.abef21ae117760e166f00cfbbb11ad49.jpg6month_2.jpg.ed11e1304bda2588ec0985f8e10cacae.jpg6month_1.JPG.20893646c48a23d11c35161b9a0acc6f.JPG

There is definitely growth and hope isn’t lost yet but I understand the disappointment so far

yes, I don't think the result is gonna be any different in other 6 months. I don't understand why it didn't grow. I followed all the steps and have been so cautious during these 6 months. I had to save up for years before affording this hair transpalnt with H&W. It was basically all I had in my bank account. I could have just gone to one of these cheap Turkey clinics and have a better result. Huge disappointment 

To be brutally honest , you are completely right to be dissapointed considering the name of clinic. They are not cheap and you should expect better than turkey clinics as the price paid is pretty big.

But at this point hope and patience are the only things you can have. Follow the regime and wait for results. Once the time frame is done and results don't come then surely they will help you considering their reputation. (they should in my opinion atleast examine if new growth is coming which isn't visible to naked eyes for now but will get better in coming months , so this way you would have got more hope).

I do wish you get results , not just for money used but for the end result you had in mind when you thought of saving up for it.

• Administrators

6 months is too soon to judge a result. That’s not invalidating your concerns, but there is certainly plenty of time for more growth. Remember, we all grow at different times. The timeline is 12 months for a reason.

Look at this thread, he was 6.5 months with no growth. 

In a week he went from this9CF8F9DE-81D6-4745-A612-A3F1AEB6A9DD.png

To this 

A26A1A65-56FB-4C1F-B3EC-78BBB51415D5.png

This is exactly why you should never judge results halfway. 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 4/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, duckling said:

To be brutally honest , you are completely right to be dissapointed considering the name of clinic. They are not cheap and you should expect better than turkey clinics as the price paid is pretty big.

But at this point hope and patience are the only things you can have. Follow the regime and wait for results. Once the time frame is done and results don't come then surely they will help you considering their reputation. (they should in my opinion atleast examine if new growth is coming which isn't visible to naked eyes for now but will get better in coming months , so this way you would have got more hope).

I do wish you get results , not just for money used but for the end result you had in mind when you thought of saving up for it.

they did say that the final result will be between month 9 and 12 but I have rarely seen cases of people having almost all the growth after month 6.

Exactly as you said it's not only about the money. I have been struggling with alopecia since I was 16. Now I am 32. 16 years of minoxidil and later on finasteride/dutasteride. It has not been mentally easy. In the end I wanted to get my deserved "award." I can just keep hoping until month 12 and see

22 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

6 months is too soon to judge a result. That’s not invalidating your concerns, but there is certainly plenty of time for more growth. Remember, we all grow at different times. The timeline is 12 months for a reason.

Look at this thread, he was 6.5 months with no growth. 

In a week he went from this9CF8F9DE-81D6-4745-A612-A3F1AEB6A9DD.png

To this 

A26A1A65-56FB-4C1F-B3EC-78BBB51415D5.png

This is exactly why you should never judge results halfway. 

Yes, I mean I will wait until month 12 and see. The thing is that I feel the above case is more of an exception than a rule