Favorite Hairlines

Thought this would be a fun post and useful as well! What are everyone’s favorite or ideal hairlines? I’ll start with the obvious, Mr Brad Pitt. I think it’s one of his best features and it’s incredible the amount of styles he can pull off and look great. 

I'll throw out one who prob wouldn't even make top 100 for most here, but he's fresh on my mind lately from a 90's music binge.  He didn't often wear it back like in this pic and some would say even bordering into 5head territory, but dude was an overall aesthetic force imo.  Chris Cornell (RIP).

70333_v9_bb.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

This is insanity and that poor kid needed counseling and not a hair transplant. In so many ways I can relate to him when I was 18 because I really wanted a low hairline as I always had a high hairline on top of the very early beginnings of MPB. This clinic really needs to made accountable for agreeing to do this. In years to come (and I mean in the next 5-10 years) this patient is going to realize what he has gone through and will be looking for a way to repair this. I feel so sorry for this kid. I really do. 😭😖

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

This is insanity and that poor kid needed counseling and not a hair transplant. In so many ways I can relate to him when I was 18 because I really wanted a low hairline as I always had a high hairline on top of the very early beginnings of MPB. This clinic really needs to made accountable for agreeing to do this. In years to come (and I mean in the next 5-10 years) this patient is going to realize what he has gone through and will be looking for a way to repair this. I feel so sorry for this kid. I really do. 😭😖

I actually think his case is salvagable if he has 0 hairloss as an adult.  I think at that point, if I was in his shoes, I would get a 2nd transplant and bring in the temporal region more to the sides.  What really destroys the naturalness (other than how obsurdly low it is) is that he doesn't have the temples anywhere close enough.  That low a forehead is always much more narrow naturally.

So yeah, box it in more on the sides, maybe remove some grafts and actually introduce some micro irregularities, and it could look quite presentable.

I'm not advocating for anyone to have a hairline this low, and it would obviously look way better if it was higher, but I don't think it's a lost cause if he actually ends up having no MPB.

Check out my journey here:

12 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

I actually think his case is salvagable if he has 0 hairloss as an adult.  I think at that point, if I was in his shoes, I would get a 2nd transplant and bring in the temporal region more to the sides.  What really destroys the naturalness (other than how obsurdly low it is) is that he doesn't have the temples anywhere close enough.  That low a forehead is always much more narrow naturally.

So yeah, box it in more on the sides, maybe remove some grafts and actually introduce some micro irregularities, and it could look quite presentable.

I'm not advocating for anyone to have a hairline this low, and it would obviously look way better if it was higher, but I don't think it's a lost cause if he actually ends up having no MPB.

I think he needs a higher hairline (IMO halfway between what he had and what he has) and as you said, more prominent temples, which are crucial for a natural looking low set hairline.

Gerard Butler with and without temples (edit found in Feriduni's website).

butlerferiduniedit.jpg.051b09f1f086215f030e25ac70f298bf.jpgbutlerferiduniedit2.jpg.cf370cbcb0bc5bddc743fa16da31dec3.jpg

Tremendous difference, notice how his hairline looks much higher set without them despite being the same length.

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Like 3

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

2 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I think he needs a higher hairline (IMO halfway between what he had and what he has) and as you said, more prominent temples, which are crucial for a natural looking low set hairline.

Gerard Butler with and without temples (edit found in Feriduni's website).

butlerferiduniedit.jpg.051b09f1f086215f030e25ac70f298bf.jpgbutlerferiduniedit2.jpg.cf370cbcb0bc5bddc743fa16da31dec3.jpg

Tremendous difference, notice how his hairline looks much higher set without them despite being the same length.

I don't disagree with you.  But I'm not a fan of removing grafts to make a higher hairline, as there is often scar tissue that makes the skin look pretty offputting.  I think in his case, he's better off just making narrower temples and removing only select grafts to add irregularities and a softer hairline.  Removing an entire inch of transplanted area I think would be a last resort in my book.

Also, speaking of hairlines, I'm very happy with my own hairline atm:
The new height/width really compliment my face.  Very hard to tell it was a transplant as well, considering graft count.

image.png.0df8a37442b55d593be4edb64909c64f.png

As for a perfectly aesthetic hairline, something like this i find most aesthetic:

image.png.1666dade7f15f0649c8782092cfaae92.png

As for real life people, hard to beat Brad Pitt when he was young:

image.png.db6bbb5d5a2855db2ebbee22e943d9fc.png

Something like this is also very solid:
image.png.5694aae48f7d44b36af8983b5ddb16af.png

But hairline perfection also depends on the person's face, the person's forehead shape, and other factors.  There's no 1 size fits all.

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I present the future of hairlines, Norwood 0.5:

610F1BC9-A32C-43BC-9F4D-5B642284B2F9.thumb.jpeg.94107bf900c4e944a792c0be06626622.jpeg

This photo is altered though. If you watch the video where the clinic presents the case (including this photo) the hairline isn't as low as in this altered version. The hairline was still taken too far down (especially when not adding temple points) but not to this crazy extent. 

• Administrators

This hairline is glorious 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, FluffyPanda said:

On the contrary:

The picture is shopped a little, but damn, this is sad.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I wonder if Brad Pitt is all natty? 

I'm always a bit suspicious when celebrities have perfect hair. 

I think he’s been on fin. 

• Like 2

View my thread

I think 99% of holllywood are on either finasteride or dutasteride. 

It’s similar to pondering whether the likes of Chris Hemsworth or Huw Jackman take PED’s for certain roles. 

Multi billion dollar industry. You do what you’ve got to do. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Well Done 1