Dr. Arocha | 2500 graft FUE - 2 year results

This patient came to Dr. Arocha with diffuse thinning throughout the frontal third. He wanted to reinforce his hairline, as well as re-establish his temporal peaks. He had a PRP treatment at the time of his 2500 graft FUE procedure. The after images were taken two years following his procedure. 

Before:

9D786F5D-A61C-46CA-ACD4-B73F01104B87_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.5d3f39dbe66a815f0a2f9e1c8dda3cda.jpeg

After:

After1copy.thumb.jpg.bcc1358c27203cfecda841acd9ed7a6d.jpg

Before:

32601859-8577-49AD-B3D5-A69CC8E88F02_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.31631e92700bedc093a6bf51463a0c0b.jpeg

After:

After2copy.thumb.jpg.6da0a45c7581b9645c69ffb7d235371a.jpg

Before:

24A13361-1867-498A-88B5-373EF9A29AD8_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.d0ab88247ce4dc8f5b54d5f6db8d22dc.jpeg

Immediately post-op:

B4F18932-3A50-4F41-9BCF-A57072E5A13E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.4c4a736d596c718b63a943dde3eb349f.jpeg

After:

After4copy.thumb.jpg.ae621fef313d5753c741b77053df20e0.jpg

Before:

B2BD8814-9E17-4CAD-BBCC-F1C7B07A7B5C_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.44753133c988d1045d964dcba071fb89.jpeg

Immediately post-op:

EE88B09C-F30A-4BF9-9498-746FCD013BC9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.92e9f9a54316d3509f21928a383f8bb8.jpeg

After:

After3copy.thumb.jpg.fefbde3bde491aeddf2b6e7eb61969c2.jpg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

4 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

With all due respect I don’t notice a Difference much but if the patient is happy with the outcome that’s all that matters at the end of the day 

Right? The first picture was actually the best, most dense looking picture in here. But... I guess he can grow those front hairs longer now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

With all due respect I don’t notice a Difference much but if the patient is happy with the outcome that’s all that matters at the end of the day 

Agreed. I generally don't see a notable cosmetic benefit to the results this clinic posts, see this as another example. 

• Wow 1

9 hours ago, Marlo said:

Agreed. I generally don't see a notable cosmetic benefit to the results this clinic posts, see this as another example. 

is it just me or is that case you’ve copied in awful? density must be 10 grafts per CM2 lol 

• Valued Contributor

I would like to share my result from this clinic but before I do i’d like to talk about forum etiquette. Etiquette that has been around longer than any poster in this thread.

Everyone who is here and has had the opportunity to get their hair fixed knows how emotionally impactful it can be on their psyche. It’s perfectly fine to voice your criticisms on the forum; that is quite literally a part of what the forum was created for, however, you have no idea if the patients in these posted results are lurking on this forum and for them to read these words that you are posting could seriously be damaging. 

Your opinions are your own and I won’t argue that. They’re just how you feel but to laugh about the results and say that they are awful is truly disrespectful to both the patients and the clinic.

This is me pre-op in 20198A08AB5A-88FD-429B-990C-B0518D13C53D.thumb.jpeg.5e04c7dbe7bac9f337e8e26213a761c0.jpegImmediately post-op 2500 grafts4B369EED-0FDA-4668-A562-3016668A183D.thumb.jpeg.9756bab4983f8874a8eed307f3ac731b.jpeg12 months 47D6A818-DD3F-431C-8BDB-37D1F8767400.thumb.jpeg.6b5bf41ff6477f6c4902773beeb76baf.jpeg15 months8422AC79-BD01-4876-BF81-03B7FCAB8AE6.thumb.jpeg.21a33c0417a69919a4976cedf7fd42e5.jpegand then I took this just nowB0853907-DFE3-4BDB-A4E0-3C08BEADB39C.thumb.png.68205a3aba8cd6e84ed0c490dc49872f.pngMy result is excellent and I cannot wait to go back to Dr. Arocha’s clinic to get my crown worked on.

I am but one of thousands and thousands of patients that this clinic has worked on. Some results similar to mine. Some not. There are so many patient posted results and clinic posted results on the forum that are amazing. Take a look at my thread. I shared my entire journey. All you have to do is use the search tool to look at posted results.

Again, your opinions are your own but I encourage you to use better language when criticizing what you see. You have no idea if the patient is lurking and your words can be crushing.

Be good people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

41 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

I would like to share my result from this clinic but before I do i’d like to talk about forum etiquette. Etiquette that has been around longer than any poster in this thread.

Everyone who is here and has had the opportunity to get their hair fixed knows how emotionally impactful it can be on their psyche. It’s perfectly fine to voice your criticisms on the forum; that is quite literally a part of what the forum was created for, however, you have no idea if the patients in these posted results are lurking on this forum and for them to read these words that you are posting could seriously be damaging. 

Your opinions are your own and I won’t argue that. They’re just how you feel but to laugh about the results and say that they are awful is truly disrespectful to both the patients and the clinic.

This is me pre-op in 20198A08AB5A-88FD-429B-990C-B0518D13C53D.thumb.jpeg.5e04c7dbe7bac9f337e8e26213a761c0.jpegImmediately post-op 2500 grafts4B369EED-0FDA-4668-A562-3016668A183D.thumb.jpeg.9756bab4983f8874a8eed307f3ac731b.jpeg12 months 47D6A818-DD3F-431C-8BDB-37D1F8767400.thumb.jpeg.6b5bf41ff6477f6c4902773beeb76baf.jpeg15 months8422AC79-BD01-4876-BF81-03B7FCAB8AE6.thumb.jpeg.21a33c0417a69919a4976cedf7fd42e5.jpegand then I took this just nowB0853907-DFE3-4BDB-A4E0-3C08BEADB39C.thumb.png.68205a3aba8cd6e84ed0c490dc49872f.pngMy result is excellent and I cannot wait to go back to Dr. Arocha’s clinic to get my crown worked on.

I am but one of thousands and thousands of patients that this clinic has worked on. Some results similar to mine. Some not. There are so many patient posted results and clinic posted results on the forum that are amazing. Take a look at my thread. I shared my entire journey. All you have to do is use the search tool to look at posted results.

Again, your opinions are your own but I encourage you to use better language when criticizing what you see. You have no idea if the patient is lurking and your words can be crushing.

Be good people.

Iv read this 3x and no one is laughing that has commented?? Everything they have said is quite reasonable. Wish people would stop defending recommended surgeons on this forum when the result isn't as good as should be.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@thetdog666I’m not defending the surgeon as much as I’m saying to stop with the garbage language that’s being used to trash someone’s result when they’re not here to defend themselves.

if you think that’s funny then go back to r/tressless where that kind of behavior is cool. On this forum we’re here to help each other.

I do defend the clinic, though. I don’t care about anybody’s opinion. I’ll never be able to change that if someone isn’t willing to do their homework and go back to see this clinic’s history of excellence on this forum throughout the years.  There is a wealth of information on this forum. It’s literally at your fingertips.

Your words tell me that you’re only looking at what’s right on front of you and not going back to look at the whole picture. That’s lazy. From over a decade of experience on this forum I will tell you that you will end up unhappy.

moreoff, though, I’m just saying, watch what you say on here because you don’t know who sees your words. I’m just saying…be kind.

—————————————————
editing for context: I feel like my original post was pretty clear. I’m not calling out everybody in this thread. Those who are just sharing their opinions, I don’t take offense to. I also added my pics to show that this clinic puts out excellent results. That seems clear to me but since it wasn’t to @thetdog666I figured I should add this.

Edited by Steeeve
Grammar check

• Valued Contributor
On 2/14/2023 at 2:26 AM, Spring15 said:

@Steeeveyour photos show an obvious cosmetic improvement - the photos used by Dr Arocha are underwhelming 

Glad it turned out well

Thank you.

I don’t argue your opinion about what is being presented. I don’t agree with it. I can see an improvement in the photos shared by the clinic even if it is minimal.

But that’s not my point. I shared my photos to show that the clinic produces excellent results and if you go back and look at other results you’ll probably find other results that you’re underwhelmed with-you’ll find that with pretty much every clinic posting their results-but you’ll also find some amazing results. You just have to put in the effort to find it.

What I’m really commenting on here, though, is the language being used when criticizing the results posted above. It’s perfectly fine to not care for what you’re being presented with. It’s also good to constructively critique those results…but please, when speaking about it, understand that these pictures are of real people and those people could absolutely be here on this forum lurking. Maybe wanting to share their stories. When they see hurtful words like this it can be very off-putting and could potentially turn them off from posting and sharing.

Thats my main point. It’s not about the results shared but about the way people are talking about it. That kind of talk is not constructive. It’s just mean and, I repeat, the process of getting a hair transplant can be extremely emotionally difficult. Please be aware of what you are saying when talking about the results and the people in the pictures.

Please be better on the forum.

Edited by Steeeve

apparently the after pics are 2 years after? i see many miniaturized hairs in the before. it could be that the patients didnt take any meds or the meds didnt work for him so it could be possible quite a lot of untransplanted hairs in that region went south in that timespane. that wouldnt be the fault of the surgeon though

looks like the patient has rather fine hair too. would be interesting to know the exact number

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

On 2/14/2023 at 2:15 AM, Steeeve said:

Be good people.

incredible result

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

apparently the after pics are 2 years after? i see many miniaturized hairs in the before. it could be that the patients didnt take any meds or the meds didnt work for him so it could be possible quite a lot of untransplanted hairs in that region went south in that timespane. that wouldnt be the fault of the surgeon though

looks like the patient has rather fine hair too. would be interesting to know the exact number

It’s a very good point. We haven’t been informed of any particulars about the case. If the clinic didn’t happen to share then it is up to us as forum members to ask questions about the case if one cares to ask. That’s goes for every clinic on this forum.

5 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

incredible result

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words.

I think this is an example of a nice, subtle result. The work is very refined. Well done Dr. Arocha. 

Steve, That's an incredible result!

Edited by hairthere
  • Thanks 2

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

On 2/10/2023 at 9:37 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

Dillpickle, 

We have to respectfully disagree with you. The patient has noticeably more volume in the transplanted area and a noticeable improvement in the plan area that was discussed and agreed upon with Dr. Arocha. Two years later, the result looks incredibly natural (no one would ever guess he had a transplant) for someone who has fine hair. It's age appropriate and an overall nice improvement for this patient. And, if he decides he wants more, Dr. Arocha didn't deplete his donor area completely, giving the patient options to work with in the future. 

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

2 hours ago, ArochaAngel4247 said:

Dillpickle, 

We have to respectfully disagree with you. The patient has noticeably more volume in the transplanted area and a noticeable improvement in the plan area that was discussed and agreed upon with Dr. Arocha. Two years later, the result looks incredibly natural (no one would ever guess he had a transplant) for someone who has fine hair. It's age appropriate and an overall nice improvement for this patient. And, if he decides he wants more, Dr. Arocha didn't deplete his donor area completely, giving the patient options to work with in the future. 

Well I disagree with you and I will repeat it again if the patient is happy which by the sound of it he is then that’s all that matters that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to share my opinion on it which I’ve made obvious 

• Valued Contributor
On 2/17/2023 at 7:02 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

Well I disagree with you and I will repeat it again if the patient is happy which by the sound of it he is then that’s all that matters that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to share my opinion on it which I’ve made obvious 

I would just like to clarify that in no way is anyone trying to tell you that you are not allowed to share your opinion. By all means, share it. Your post was respectful, you just didn’t get the results. Understandable. My first post in this thread was not directed at you.

2 hours ago, Steeeve said:

I would just like to clarify that in no way is anyone trying to tell you that you are not allowed to share your opinion. By all means, share it. Your post was respectful, you just didn’t get the results. Understandable. My first post in this thread was not directed at you.

Huh? I think there’s a misunderstanding lol excellent results for your ht btw!

• Valued Contributor
On 2/17/2023 at 7:02 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to share my opinion on it which I’ve made obvious 

I know you were speaking to the clinic. I just didn’t want you to think that I or the clinic were trying to say that you were not allowed to share your opinion in your first critique of these results. I was saying that while you didn’t agree that there was much difference in the before and afters you were, at least respectful about what you were saying.

also, thank you for your compliment. 

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Hair restoration outcomes are dependent on many factors, especially the hair characteristics. 2500 grafts with fine hair can produce a fine, soft and natural hair restoration outcome. While the same number of grafts with coarse or curly hair can produce a thicker result and cover a larger area. We are an equal opportunity hair restoration boutique - we work on people with all types of hair and work hard to improve their outcomes. For further information, view this presentation given by Dr. Arocha on hair characteristics: 

I live in Houston and have reviewed many of Dr. Arocha's patients online. Personally, I don' like the way he presents his clients on this forum. He may very well be an excellent surgeon; I just don't think his clinic photos represent his client's results in a compelling manner. Members should be allowed to voice their opinions.