UK Hair transplant recommendations

magicfleece

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for any UK based hair transplant clinics. Recently spoke with Vinci and then Hair Dr and came away very disappointed and sceptical. Is there any legit clinics in the UK with successful results? I have been told I require 2000 grafts to restore the hairline and temples. Thanks in advance :)

15 minutes ago, magicfleece said:

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for any UK based hair transplant clinics. Recently spoke with Vinci and then Hair Dr and came away very disappointed and sceptical. Is there any legit clinics in the UK with successful results? I have been told I require 2000 grafts to restore the hairline and temples. Thanks in advance :)

I’ve had consultations with a few and ended up choosing Dr Banaros in Glasgow.  My procedure is set for March so can’t advise any results based experience.  

I also liked Kensington hair clinic but chose Dr Banaros due to his reviews on other forums.  

Vinci I agree was a waste of time.  

I can advise how my procedure goes if you are not in any rush for a HT

6 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

I’ve had consultations with a few and ended up choosing Dr Banaros in Glasgow.  My procedure is set for March so can’t advise any results based experience.  

I also liked Kensington hair clinic but chose Dr Banaros due to his reviews on other forums.  

I shall look into the above mentioned, thank you for very much!

I have just rang Farjo Hair Institute and they will be ringing me back to answer my questions shortly so hopefully it'll be a step up from previous clinics I've spoken to! 

1 minute ago, magicfleece said:

I shall look into the above mentioned, thank you for very much!

I have just rang Farjo Hair Institute and they will be ringing me back to answer my questions shortly so hopefully it'll be a step up from previous clinics I've spoken to! 

Yeah I’ve heard Farjo is well rated in the UK.  

• Valued Contributor

Dr farjo...dr arshad...dr mani mittal...all ths surgeon are worth considering ....

Y jst narrowing your search to one particular country ..even if u r frm uk u can at least travel around in Europe for ur surgery and thn ur options wud get wide open ...jst check out the recommended surgeon list on this forum..u will get a better idea frm tht 

And plz post ur scalp pics so people can get idea about ur present condition 😊

Edited by Archan
  • Like 3

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

28 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

Can you send me links to Bonaros reviews? I can’t find any.

33 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

What disappointed you about Vinci and hair dr?

Anyway try dr Ball and dr Reddy, dr Miln 

Vinci just seemed to be a mystery online and when I spoke to them I spoke with their salesman and quoted me around £3,000 and gave me a discount code. For Harley Street and UK it just gave me bad vibes. 

Had a consultation with a female at Hair Dr and she was very rude and just seemed not bothered, rudely asking me is there not a clinic closer to you. Just coming across like I'm an inconvenience to her. Mentioned the density issues I've seen on forums and she just brushed it off saying don't believe forums we do loads of treatments that don't end up on forums. Communication just seemed non existent and felt like I was chasing them for information. They messaged me today basically saying we don't want your business. Feel like I've dodged a bullet there.

• Face Palm 2

50 minutes ago, Archan said:

Dr farjo...dr arshad...dr mani mittal...all ths surgeon are worth considering ....

Y jst narrowing your search to one particular country ..even if u r frm uk u can at least travel around in Europe for ur surgery and thn ur options wud get wide open ...jst check out the recommended surgeon list on this forum..u will get a better idea frm tht 

I am not just narrowing it to UK but considering I live here it makes sense to me to see if there are any worth exploring here first before hopping on a plane. 

Also I have SMP so pictures are quite difficult to show the extent of my hair loss. I can let it grow and upload at a later date.

I'll see what Farjo have to say and report back.

9 minutes ago, magicfleece said:

Vinci just seemed to be a mystery online and when I spoke to them I spoke with their salesman and quoted me around £3,000 and gave me a discount code. For Harley Street and UK it just gave me bad vibes. 

Had a consultation with a female at Hair Dr and she was very rude and just seemed not bothered, rudely asking me is there not a clinic closer to you. Just coming across like I'm an inconvenience to her. Mentioned the density issues I've seen on forums and she just brushed it off saying don't believe forums we do loads of treatments that don't end up on forums. Communication just seemed non existent and felt like I was chasing them for information. They messaged me today basically saying we don't want your business. Feel like I've dodged a bullet there.

Can you share the message they sent you? 

1 hour ago, magicfleece said:

I’m from the UK myself & I would steer away from here to be honest, much better options elsewhere for the same price if not cheaper… some world class DRs in Europe not too far away from us 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Can you share the message they sent you? 

Basically what happened is I booked a date and paid £200 deposit. I had no communication since I booked the date. Even when asking where to send the money I had to ask if they want a reference or note on the payment. I then sent the money over and then the response I received was simply "thanks". I heard nothing from them after that. I had to chase them and ask should I expect a confirmation email or a follow up message with how things are going to go now the date has been set. They just sent me a generic email and missed out the time I was supposed to arrive at. "Please arrive at _ am". I raised concerns about this and they just sent the email again with the "8" missing. Asked to speak to the surgeon as I was getting nowhere on WhatsApp or email and was told that Dr Arshad doesn't do video calls but can see me in person. I said if he can see me in person then please arrange a video call. By this point I was quite annoyed so just wanted to speak to him. They refused. I then told them how unprofessional they have been and they replied saying "Given the fact you are unhappy with the level of communication I think it’s best you reconsider having your surgery with us. We have tried to communicate in a timely manner but unfortunately you feel this has fallen short. We do not want to disappoint you any further and wish you all the best in hair restoration journey. Please provide the account details to refund the deposit.This will be processed in 48 hours."

Some people may think nothing of this or that I'm in the wrong for persisting with questions but I felt that given how serious this procedure is and the cost involved that I would be treated as priority and not have to chase for information rather than just be told how things will play out and be reassured I have chosen the right clinic. 

9 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

I’m from the UK myself & I would steer away from here to be honest, much better options elsewhere for the same price if not cheaper… some world class DRs in Europe not too far away from us 

Where did you go for yours if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Archan said:

Bear in mind though that Dr Mani Mittal will charge you £300 for a consultation with him 

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Can you send me links to Bonaros reviews? I can’t find any.

Sorry what I meant was the Dr’s posted results on other forums and also his Google reviews.  

I don’t think I’m allowed to post links here to other forums 

Edited by Baal123
Spelling

1 hour ago, Archan said:

DOUBLE POST PLEASE DELETE 

Edited by Baal123

• Valued Contributor
50 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

Bear in mind though that Dr Mani Mittal will charge you £300 for a consultation with him 

Yeh ofcourse thr r many surgeons who dnt do free consultation ....bt recently i have seen good work frm him and i think he is worth considering in UK..

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, magicfleece said:

I am not just narrowing it to UK but considering I live here it makes sense to me to see if there are any worth exploring here first before hopping on a plane. 

Also I have SMP so pictures are quite difficult to show the extent of my hair loss. I can let it grow and upload at a later date.

I'll see what Farjo have to say and report back.

Yeh u may first explore options in UK 

• Like 1

--> My Thread

I would only ever consider surgery in the UK with Dr Reddy - and at a push, perhaps Dr Ball also.

But they are both too conservative for my personal taste, and are priced quite significantly higher than better quality surgeons (in my opinion) only an hour away on the Eurostar.  

They’re capable none the less - won’t destroy your donor, won’t implant grafts incorrectly or select the wrong grafts for the wrong places, and should achieve a decent yield growth wise. 

I guess it’s like caravanning in Devon for a week vs. an air bnb on the Amalfi coast.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I would only ever consider surgery in the UK with Dr Reddy - and at a push, perhaps Dr Ball also.

But they are both too conservative for my personal taste, and are priced quite significantly higher than better quality surgeons (in my opinion) only an hour away on the Eurostar.  

They’re capable none the less - won’t destroy your donor, won’t implant grafts incorrectly or select the wrong grafts for the wrong places, and should achieve a decent yield growth wise. 

I guess it’s like caravanning in Devon for a week vs. an air bnb on the Amalfi coast.  

🤣🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 very, very well said 

• Valued Contributor

Dr Ball & Dr Reddy are by far the best in the UK. The work I've seen from Dr Mani also looks very good but unfortunately we don't have any ongoing patient results or high res photos from patients that have clearly been asked to post here.

If you can afford the first two options you won't go wrong. Otherwise I'd strongly suggest going elsewhere in Europe or further afield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Dr Ball is super conservative. Paternalistic, even. And expensive. 

Dr Bonaros seems like a rising star. Much cheaper too.