UK Hair transplant recommendations

magicfleece

27 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

Where did you get that price from?

On the link below, also on Dr Bonaros website it says 

‘Getting a hair transplant at our clinic in Glasgow will cost you about £3 per graft. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

14 minutes ago, Baldeagle47 said:

‘Getting a hair transplant at our clinic in Glasgow will cost you about £3 per graft. 

https://www.best-hair-clinics.com/clinics/dr-bonaros-glasgow-uk.html

I may have got in just before any price increase.  I paid around £2.50 per graft 

9 hours ago, Baldeagle47 said:

Other docs to consider in the U.K; Dr Manish Mittal, Dr Raghu Reddy, Dr Ed Ball. 

7 hours ago, Nelly said:

Other docs to consider in the U.K; Dr Manish Mittal, Dr Raghu Reddy, Dr Ed Ball. 

Thanks, liked the look of Dr Ed Ball but then found this. Not sure if it’s someone with a grudge or genuine. This is what makes it hard to find a surgeon you can trust. 

I like Dr Reddy but just a tad out of my price range, happy to pay around £10k but may end up being around £15k I know you get what you pay for so may save up a bit more cash first. 

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
External link removed

2 hours ago, Baldeagle47 said:

Thanks, liked the look of Dr Ed Ball but then found this. Not sure if it’s someone with a grudge or genuine. This is what makes it hard to find a surgeon you can trust. 

I like Dr Reddy but just a tad out of my price range, happy to pay around £10k but may end up being around £15k I know you get what you pay for so may save up a bit more cash first. 

Sorry I can’t seem to look at what’s been posted. Regardless do your due diligence take your time I’m sure you’ll come to an effective conclusion. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Sorry I can’t seem to look at what’s been posted. Regardless do your due diligence take your time I’m sure you’ll come to an effective conclusion. 

Thank you it was a Facebook site basically calling him a conman and saying he pays for people to say he is one of the best. Yeah I‘ve had a few clinics come back and give me an idea of cost and procedure but would like to see me in person first which is reassuring and what I would have done anyway.

Hoping to have consultations over the next 4-6 weeks and will report on the outcomes. 

3 hours ago, Baldeagle47 said:

Dr Ball is the one who did Jimmy Cart’s hair. 

2 hours ago, Baldeagle47 said:

Ah ok maybe someone with a grudge then! Makes it harder for us all. 

Exactly mate. That’s the problem with Google reviews and Trust Pilot. We’ve had 2 negative reviews on Google at work, neither of which were actually clients of ours 😡

• Face Palm 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, magicfleece said:

Vinci just seemed to be a mystery online and when I spoke to them I spoke with their salesman and quoted me around £3,000 and gave me a discount code. For Harley Street and UK it just gave me bad vibes. 

Had a consultation with a female at Hair Dr and she was very rude and just seemed not bothered, rudely asking me is there not a clinic closer to you. Just coming across like I'm an inconvenience to her. Mentioned the density issues I've seen on forums and she just brushed it off saying don't believe forums we do loads of treatments that don't end up on forums. Communication just seemed non existent and felt like I was chasing them for information. They messaged me today basically saying we don't want your business. Feel like I've dodged a bullet there.

What's everyone's issue with this post then

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2023 at 9:51 PM, New_Barnet_Please said:

As others have said at the start of this thread, in my opinion there are much much better ht doctors outside the UK in Europe for usually less money. I’m from the UK and so glad I used this forum and did not stay there for my ht.

Interested to know who you recommend in Europe? Dr Tam has proposed charging me over £15,000, and I'm barely a Norwood 3.

24 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Interested to know who you recommend in Europe? Dr Tam has proposed charging me over £15,000, and I'm barely a Norwood 3.

Dr Bisanga did my ht which has been great- a life changing result really, other great names to consult with would be; Dr Ferreira, Dr Pinto, Dr Mwamba and Dr Freitas. Best of luck with it!

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Dr Bisanga did my ht which has been great- a life changing result really, other great names to consult with would be; Dr Ferreira, Dr Pinto, Dr Mwamba and Dr Freitas. Best of luck with it!

His 'before and after' gallery looks impressive. I imagine it is a real pain taking yourself all the way to Belgium and back after Brexit though, especially when you are nursing a new hair transplant?

32 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

His 'before and after' gallery looks impressive. I imagine it is a real pain taking yourself all the way to Belgium and back after Brexit though, especially when you are nursing a new hair transplant?

No don’t worry Brexit has no effect on taking short trips in Europe. It’s easy enough, hotel is right next to the clinic and a couple of hour flight. In my view and of most people on this forum it’s much better to put in a bit of effort or put up with a little bit of travel inconvenience and get a great result Vs the opposite and have many years of inconvenience and stress with a poor ht result. It’s important to remember a ht is for life so it’s vital to only go with the very best ht doctors, wherever it is they may be based.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

No don’t worry Brexit has no effect on taking short trips in Europe. It’s easy enough, hotel is right next to the clinic and a couple of hour flight. In my view and of most people on this forum it’s much better to put in a bit of effort or put up with a little bit of travel inconvenience and get a great result Vs the opposite and have many years of inconvenience and stress with a poor ht result. It’s important to remember a ht is for life so it’s vital to only go with the very best ht doctors, wherever it is they may be based.

Very true that.

9 hours ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Same here. 

I initially thought about getting it done here for convenience purposes but this is a lifetime commitment, you really, REALLY want to get this right. If it has to be through the inconvenience of having to fly in between surgeries so be it, at least you'l have been made sure to get great results. So flying for De Freitas next month. 

• Like 2

Another concern that I have, though, is, if they screw it up outside of the UK (I'm sure no surgeon is infallible), it can be a lot more difficult to bring a professional negligence claim, if not impossible.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Same here. 

I initially thought about getting it done here for convenience purposes but this is a lifetime commitment, you really, REALLY want to get this right. If it has to be through the inconvenience of having to fly in between surgeries so be it, at least you'l have been made sure to get great results. So flying for De Freitas next month. 

Certainly food for thought. 

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

• Like 1