Booked a transplant at Blue Magic. Starting to doubt

Hello. Its my first time on this forum.

So after seeing some videos on youtube I decided to book my HT in Turkey at the Blue Magic clinic. I'm scheduled for 15-16 FEB. But after doing a bit more research online I've heard lots of bad reviews about them.

So my question is, are they safe? Should I proceed with the HT? Or should I look for another clinic/doctor.

If I should look for another clinic/doctor, what are my chances of finding someone to take care of me in the same timeframe (so in 1-2 weeks from now)

• Face Palm 1

Flabian,

I don’t know anything about the clinic that you’re referring to but I just want to give you some general input and advice. For starters, I feel very strongly that patients should feel highly confident in the clinic they’ve chosen prior to undergoing surgery. So if you have doubts and don’t feel confident in any clinic you’ve chosen, then take a step back, do some research and reschedule when you’re more confident. You could either reschedule the same clinic if you find yourself confident with the work they are doing or with a different clinic if you find a different surgeon/clinic you were more impressed with. 

Below, I’ve presented some general advice on how to select a quality surgeon and one that is best for you.

Rahal Hair Transplant

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

45 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Flabian,

I don’t know anything about the clinic that you’re referring to but I just want to give you some general input and advice. For starters, I feel very strongly that patients should feel highly confident in the clinic they’ve chosen prior to undergoing surgery. So if you have doubts and don’t feel confident in any clinic you’ve chosen, then take a step back, do some research and reschedule when you’re more confident. You could either reschedule the same clinic if you find yourself confident with the work they are doing or with a different clinic if you find a different surgeon/clinic you were more impressed with. 

Below, I’ve presented some general advice on how to select a quality surgeon and one that is best for you.

Rahal Hair Transplant

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

These are great advices but too general. I was hoping for some more specific advices based on my situation where I already found a clinic that I was confident with but I'm no longer sure if its perfect (so I need people with experience on this clinic to post) and also hoping for answers on my second question (if I can find another good clinic in this short timeframe of just 1-2 weeks)

• Face Palm 1

1 hour ago, Flabian said:

These are great advices but too general. I was hoping for some more specific advices based on my situation where I already found a clinic that I was confident with but I'm no longer sure if its perfect (so I need people with experience on this clinic to post) and also hoping for answers on my second question (if I can find another good clinic in this short timeframe of just 1-2 weeks)

I would cancel. Doubt you would get anywhere decent with such short notice

Cancel, you def did not do enough research if all you did was watch YouTube videos and you’re hearing of negative reviews for the first time. Do not rush on booking another one quickly either. Eat whatever loss you might get with cancelling and better prepare yourself.

it’s a small price to pay to delay it now considering this is a life long commitment. If you have any reason to doubt your decision you need to take more time into it. Turkey is the worlds hub for hair transplants, and for that reason it is also the hub for hair mills and butchered results. There are only a handful of doctors who do hair transplants very well, you don’t want to get caught being a repair patient, losing gradts, wasting time money and most importantly your sanity. You are lucky enough now that you found this forum to redirect your course 

• Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

I’m not going to lie, this hurts my head…

If you’ve done your research properly, you should be able to critical assess and evaluate the work the clinic does from a position of real knowledge. 

Are you seeing soft single grafts hairs in their hairline work? If yes, they’re using microscopes (which is good). Have you confirmed this? Are you seeing natural micro & macro irregularities in their hairline work to aid the appearance of softness and naturalness? Are the angles correct? Are their temple corner angles correct and natural, or are they the copy/paste Turkish slopey down temple corners (which is bad!)? Do you even know what these angles should be in the first place? Who is the lead physician? What patient journeys posted on forums can you point to that positively showcase everything I’ve mentioned above?

If you can’t answer these questions then you’ve no business booking a surgery yet, because if you don’t know what you’re looking for, you won’t know what questions to ask or be able to tell what a good hair transplant is verses a poor or average one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

Do a proper survey before going for it...just put it on hold at least so u get the time to think about it....never heard abt this clinic anywhr..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I would recommend sticking with this Forum's recommended list. A botched HT can be a life-changing event that may be difficult or even impossible to fix. HTs are surgery and once done, it can be permanent (for good or for worse). Marketing hype can be faked, altered, and exaggerated. Pictures of operations may or may not be theirs. Why take the risk? The Forums' list has been vetted and verified. There are no doubt good clinics not on the list, but staying with the tried and true will give you a lot of peace of mind. This is not a field to try to find the outstanding outlier. They exist, but we don't have the toolbox to find them easily.

Too many red flags. Cancel and do more research. Don't use Youtube, Instagram or other social media. You need real patient results, so look through those here.

Beware of this recommended list btw -- it's a decent starting place, but it has also included many poor doctors over the years (some who have since been removed, fortunately). Not all doctors on that list are created equal; some are much, much better than others and there's a few who are great and have not yet been included.