Elon Musk Confirms his Hair Transplant on IG

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Elon cheekily admits to getting a hair transplant in this post. 

53932D8F-74B8-49D6-B17C-94CA8440DAE5.jpeg

Tbh the picture on the right doesn’t even look like him. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Pretty much confirmed what everyone already knew.😅

He also seems to be keeping it smart and using medication (Finasteride) alongside his proccedure for maintenance, good on him.

He’s a smart guy. Also, must’ve gone to an excellent surgeon. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AB2000 said:

My HT surgeon slammed Musk's result 🙂

I think his result looks good. Obviously, you could nitpick anyones HT. But his is definitely one of the best famous HTs I’ve seen.

View my thread

If this is the post, I don’t think it’s his account.

I think you can tell because there’s no blue checkmark and that it says Chris Burke underneath it. I think this is a parody account but I could be wrong (don’t have Twitter myself, just see all the drama on Reddit).

I think Elon has an absolutely incredible transplant. One of the best results I’ve seen on a famous public figure.

Edited by Parasol
  • Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

8 hours ago, Parasol said:

If this is the post, I don’t think it’s his account.

I think you can tell because there’s no blue checkmark and that it says Chris Burke underneath it. I think this is a parody account but I could be wrong (don’t have Twitter myself, just see all the drama on Reddit).

I think Elon has an absolutely incredible transplant. One of the best results I’ve seen on a famous public figure.

That is an artist/song title beneath the username. “Listening to now”.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike10 said:

But it is a bit disappointing to see that with all the money and ressoucres Musk has you can't get a better result. I mean the result is ok but not that impressive

I think its quite a great result to be honest, but results often depend on the hair caliber from the donor region more often so then the money. 

This is why sometimes hairmills are ocasionally able to pull it over (from the thinning areas) with patients that have a ridicule amount of caliber in their heads even though they may literally destroy the donor itself.

• Administrators

I don’t know how anyone can say this isn’t impressive. Especially because this is a 20+ year difference. 

2D32AE33-DD6B-42D4-9D15-CEC540BB8EC5.jpeg

• Like 4

View my thread

8 hours ago, Mike10 said:

But it is a bit disappointing to see that with all the money and ressoucres Musk has you can't get a better result. I mean the result is ok but not that impressive

Ahh, the return of the networks favourite troll. 

He’s probably not staving off those dreaded androgens with your trusty PRP injections Michael, hence the mediocre result right? 

Best get back to slagging off Bisanga and his oral minoxidil prescriptions, there’s a good boy. 

• Like 3
  • Well Done 2

10 hours ago, Mike10 said:

You are a real hard on - ya' know that?  Ahahaha!!!!  😈

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Well he’s an egotistical idiot if so. 

Given the era this transplant was likely performed, it is nothing short of exceptional in my mind. 

100% Agree. I would even argue that it is the #1 Best HT result on a mainstream celebrity.

Elon Musks HT result is amazing if you consider the fact that he had it years ago before our current age of FUE. It also has maintained very well up to this day. 

10 hours ago, Mike10 said:

I'm pretty sure if Elon Musk went for a touch up today he would probably go to a name that we would be familiar with on this site. I'm pretty sure the choices we have are the same as his except for the fact that budget is irrelevant to him. I don't think there are any resources that he can tap into that we can't.

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t know how anyone can say this isn’t impressive. Especially because this is a 20+ year difference. 

2D32AE33-DD6B-42D4-9D15-CEC540BB8EC5.jpeg

Agreed, couldn't really ask for more considering how far he was gone. Looks like his donor is fine shape too, if he was ever inclined to have additional work done. 

18 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Ahh, the return of the networks favourite troll. 

He’s probably not staving off those dreaded androgens with your trusty PRP injections Michael, hence the mediocre result right? 

Best get back to slagging off Bisanga and his oral minoxidil prescriptions, there’s a good boy. 

The point I was making in the Bisanga thread is that there are no scientific studies that prove long term efficacity of oral Minox. That point stands unrefuted. It was not to slam anybody. It shows again that you are just unable to differentiate.Just a  lack of intelliigence as I said.   

I do not recommend PRP. The PRP is working for me and I do not need medication. I am a NW2 at age 42 . I am sure you would not take medication if you do not have to, right? I started receding 20 years ago but the usual rules do not seem to apply.  Everybody is different and this shows that a general recommendation to use medication once you start receding is just plain wrong .you may just be jealous after all. 

• Face Palm 1

3 hours ago, Mike10 said:

The point I was making in the Bisanga thread is that there are no scientific studies that prove long term efficacity of oral Minox. That point stands unrefuted. It was not to slam anybody. It shows again that you are just unable to differentiate.Just a  lack of intelliigence as I said.   

I do not recommend PRP. The PRP is working for me and I do not need medication. I am a NW2 at age 42 . I am sure you would not take medication if you do not have to, right? I started receding 20 years ago but the usual rules do not seem to apply.  Everybody is different and this shows that a general recommendation to use medication once you start receding is just plain wrong .you may just be jealous after all. 

You made uninformed presumptions attacking the clinic for failing to educate the patient on his hair loss from what I can remember. 

Congrats on your hairloss pattern, and you are right - everyone has a different nature of hair loss, however the overwhelming majority of men who start to recede at the age of 22 continue to recede well beyond that of a NW2 by the time they reach their 40’s, so most ‘intelligent’ people who understand hair loss would indeed recommended people to consider medication at this age, should their hair loss be of concern. 

You’re just a bored a man who seeks confrontation on here. One minute you’re slating clinics for performing surgery on patients who aren’t on medication and the next you are making off the cuff remarks about taking medication being of more detriment than it is of benefit. 

And for what it’s worth - I would bet my next pay cheque that your beloved PRP injections have done sweet FA for halting your hair loss progression, and if it truly has stopped or majorly slowed down, that is purely genetic. 

42 and a stable NW2 - Go and find a hobby and stop handing out bad advice on here. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

You made uninformed presumptions attacking the clinic for failing to educate the patient on his hair loss from what I can remember. 

Congrats on your hairloss pattern, and you are right - everyone has a different nature of hair loss, however the overwhelming majority of men who start to recede at the age of 22 continue to recede well beyond that of a NW2 by the time they reach their 40’s, so most ‘intelligent’ people who understand hair loss would indeed recommended people to consider medication at this age, should their hair loss be of concern. 

You’re just a bored a man who seeks confrontation on here. One minute you’re slating clinics for performing surgery on patients who aren’t on medication and the next you are making off the cuff remarks about taking medication being of more detriment than it is of benefit. 

And for what it’s worth - I would bet my next pay cheque that your beloved PRP injections have done sweet FA for halting your hair loss progression, and if it truly has stopped or majorly slowed down, that is purely genetic. 

42 and a stable NW2 - Go and find a hobby and stop handing out bad advice on here. 

I am going to try to sort this out for you: 

Not surprising  to me that you missed the point again which was that even with the most ethical clinics there may not be full disclosure. It remains a business after all. I guess it is up for each patient to do their own  due dilligence. I do not do commercials for medication or put clinics on a pedestal like you seem to do. I am not a yes sayer, I tell the truth. 

Again, well this might be true in general, it was not true for me. I would have been given bad advice by people like you  to go on lifelong medication. You seem to have no issue putting people on lifelong medication who perhaps do not need it. You are constantly giving medical advice but you are not a Dr which  can be dangerous. It is not good panacking at your first hairline recession and jump to medication or HT. Panicking will lead to bad decisions in life. 

In relation to PRP, you are so full of yourself that you think you know my own personal situation better than myself. You are making unfounded assumptions, yet have no way of knowing. All I can say is that since the PRP my hair is stable. Sure the genes play a significant part also no question. Bottom line is this was the right choice for me. 

Yeah I am 42 and NW2 but I also have the MPB genes as evidenced by a hairline recession which started 20 years ago. 

Edited by Mike10
  • Face Palm 2

Find me a post of mine that has ever recommended someone here to start medication without consulting with a Dr beforehand. 

I never recommended someone to start on medication. I recommend people to learn about hair loss, learn about the available medications and then consult with a Dr. Always. Ironically - if you go far back enough, you’ll see the majority of my posts have actually been discouraging people to carelessly hop on medication without understanding the potential consequences, and I have disputed with many people on here countless numbers of times for advising them to do so, without any concern. 

Commercials for Dr’s? I have no filter - if I see a good result I praise it, if I see a bad result I discredit it, regardless of who the Dr is. I have been warned many times over by the forums moderation for my blunt approach style of posting, but it helps people navigate between the politics of the good and the bad.

You’re wrong on everything, once again. 

Mike, 42 and PRP has supposedly kept you at a NW2. Your time is wasted on a hair loss forum, seriously. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Minoxidil has been around longer than finasteride, how are there no long-term studies? 

The fact of the matter is that genetic hair loss requires treatment, the best treatments available are minoxidil (preferably oral) and some form of an anti-androgen. The most powerful one is dutasteride.

If you’re losing hair, best to get on meds if you want to save your hair. Now, not everyone can tolerate meds, but at least give it a try. Everything else is a waste of time and money. The whole point of being on this forum is to learn about the best treatments and surgeons based on results/reviews. 

I think this conversation has swayed from the initial topic of discussion. Please let me know if you would like me to create a new topic to keep the discussion going.

• Like 1

View my thread

40 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Minoxidil has been around longer than finasteride, how are there no long-term studies? 

The fact of the matter is that genetic hair loss requires treatment, the best treatments available are minoxidil (preferably oral) and some form of an anti-androgen. The most powerful one is dutasteride.

If you’re losing hair, best to get on meds if you want to save your hair. Now, not everyone can tolerate meds, but at least give it a try. Everything else is a waste of time and money. The whole point of being on this forum is to learn about the best treatments and surgeons based on results/reviews. 

I think this conversation has swayed from the initial topic of discussion. Please let me know if you would like me to create a new topic to keep the discussion going.

No I am not going to pursue the subject any longer. In general I would agree. But as already explained in my case medication was not necessary. I am not sure why you disregard this. So there are milder cases of MPB where lighter treatments options are suffiicent.  In cases where medication is not necessary and a satisfactory outcome can be achieved by other forms of treatments or even with no treatment (in case progression is very slow), you should not be put on lifelong medication with potential sides. I am sure Drs would agree with that principle of proportionality.