Eugenix - January 2023 - 5300 grafts

24 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

Do you know what kind of ratio Beard/Scalp hair was implanted in to the crown area? I spy thicker hairs and maybe it’s the beard hair coming through already. 

Actually not sure, but most of the beard grafts went into mid section and crown tbf, front was normal hair.

30 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

5 months is of course super early, for most people it’s just one month in to the growth kicking off. When I look at the post op pics I can see that the work looks good. Obviously that amount of grafts for someone who’s NW7 is going to have its limitations, and will need a second pass. 
The disparity may be noticeable around the crown area as they only grafted so far and so it will leave a gap, it can be seen in the post op pics.

I’m not convinced with this planning, that’s just my opinion though, just think it’s too ambitious with the coverage. Let’s hope the growth will now kick off for you.

Funny enough, aside from the area where where nothing was implanted, I am very okay with how the crown is growing and it's feeling dense day by day. Can't say the same for my front unfortunately. Second pass will most likely be an outcome, but even so atm, I'm concerned how the hair is looking just in comparison with other people from Eugenix at same stage.

1 minute ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Funny enough, aside from the area where where nothing was implanted, I am very okay with how the crown is growing and it's feeling dense day by day. Can't say the same for my front unfortunately. Second pass will most likely be an outcome, but even so atm, I'm concerned how the hair is looking just in comparison with other people from Eugenix at same stage.

I know it’s easy for us to compare to others, but everyone will have different journeys. The front will continue to grow and will even out, you have at least another 7 months, usually longer for full crown growth/maturity.

Keep up the updates and let’s see how it continues 🤞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRITA-XL said:

I know it’s easy for us to compare to others, but everyone will have different journeys. The front will continue to grow and will even out, you have at least another 7 months, usually longer for full crown growth/maturity.

Keep up the updates and let’s see how it continues 🤞

I mean waiting game is the only option haha, but will try not to compare to others, but it is hard when you see some crazy results at month 6 for some people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abrorkhasanov said:

I mean waiting game is the only option haha, but will try not to compare to others, but it is hard when you see some crazy results at month 6 for some people.

True I was never a early result guy, but the end game is the same 😉

On 3/10/2023 at 9:09 PM, abrorkhasanov said:

Hey man, apologies for never replying, had very hectic few weeks!

I’m not gonna lie, what you have mentioned was not even discussed or even thought of!
I told Dr. Das that I’m looking for framing and coverage, I also said that I’m not concerned about a high hairline lol, so she drew up her plan, I looked at it, I thought about it and I liked it and we went ahead, also during surgery she said, that I actually might regrow a bit of crown if I go on meds as I have hair there, so that also came into play.  If you look at my post wash the overall the coverage is very nice and if I can get that back imma be happy tbh. 

Hope I am making sense lol

She said this to me, too. The reality is I think it’s just too much to do all in one procedure. And the reality is also that the lateral humps and lower crown will not regrow even with the best meds on the planet for 99% of people. If you look at my case, I’m now going back for work on the lateral ridges and lower crown, and I always knew that was a future possibly. And now the time is here. 

You’re looking good so far I think!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

At five months it's still early days. Stay on the medication. Of the 5,300 grafts how many are beard grafts? It's a large area to cover like mine was/is. A second procedure would probably be in order. But you won't know how your hair will finally look until it's given 12 months. Month 6, 7 and 8 you can expect things to really kick off. Thanks for sharing and happy growing. 👌

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

At five months it's still early days. Stay on the medication. Of the 5,300 grafts how many are beard grafts? It's a large area to cover like mine was/is. A second procedure would probably be in order. But you won't know how your hair will finally look until it's given 12 months. Month 6, 7 and 8 you can expect things to really kick off. Thanks for sharing and happy growing. 👌

I have 1000 beard grafts, but none of them were in the front. Fingers crossed, that some sort of density kicks in now.

Thank you for the support and input!

Edited by abrorkhasanov
  • Like 1

@abrorkhasanov hello, I understand when you see other people progress at five months mark & then you compare your progress with others. I used to do the same. It can be disappointing. But what I would say that hopefully within the next few months your overall density Will be increased. This particular waiting phase can be tricky, but I hope it'll worth.

• Valued Contributor

The fun is only just about to begin - people who have dramatic results already by month 5 are a more rare breed. I was lucky that I’d actually retained quite a decent amount of hair in the initial 3 months, but most people don’t. 

Things look on track to me - you’ll notice much bigger changes over the next 3-5 months for sure!

• Like 2

At 5 months truth be told you should have had more growth. I would wait a month more and if your still not happy then get ready to have hard conversation with your doctor. Stand for your rights and hold your doctor accountable to the highest level.

• Like 1

I'd give it 2 more months to grow in (at least for the front) before panicking. Many of us remain below the transplant baseline until month 6 - some even up to month 7 (and even longer for crown...), so I'd recommend holding out a bit more.

That said, I don't like the planning in this case either. Was it made clear that by leaving the lateral humps empty that you'll need to return for a second pass? Once the growth kicks in, I'm a bit concerned the remaining bare areas won't look natural. If the plan was for you to return and handle the lower crown and humps after, that's a different story and completely fine, but hopefully you had been informed of this.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Forgot to mention that all 5300 grafts should grow....dont settle for anything less unless.

That’s not how a hair transplant works. It doesn’t end at 5 months with all of the grafts grown. That takes up to 12 months before you can say all the grafts have grown. Hmmm. 

7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

That’s not how a hair transplant works. It doesn’t end at 5 months with all of the grafts grown. That takes up to 12 months before you can say all the grafts have grown. Hmmm. 

Who is saying that it end at 5months?? Please don't read between the lines.

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Who is saying that it end at 5months?? Please don't read between the lines.

4 hours ago, DeltaV said:

At 5 months truth be told you should have had more growth. I would wait a month more and if your still not happy then get ready to have hard conversation with your doctor. Stand for your rights and hold your doctor accountable to the highest level.

Your right. You said six months not five. 

• Head Bang 1

On 5/31/2023 at 3:56 AM, general-etwan said:

She said this to me, too. The reality is I think it’s just too much to do all in one procedure. And the reality is also that the lateral humps and lower crown will not regrow even with the best meds on the planet for 99% of people. If you look at my case, I’m now going back for work on the lateral ridges and lower crown, and I always knew that was a future possibly. And now the time is here. 

You’re looking good so far I think!

To be honest, the second surgery was never a discussion and as it stands I am not that concerned about the crown, or the humps. When I set out to get this done, I explained that all I wanted a top coverage and framing and would happy accept a higher hairline. I mean your results look incredible and I would kill to have the same outcome, but as it currently stands it's not great unfortunately. But thank you for the feedback and wishes!

On 5/31/2023 at 2:04 PM, Berba11 said:

The fun is only just about to begin - people who have dramatic results already by month 5 are a more rare breed. I was lucky that I’d actually retained quite a decent amount of hair in the initial 3 months, but most people don’t. 

Things look on track to me - you’ll notice much bigger changes over the next 3-5 months for sure!

Hey man, thanks, I know, but from what I've seen even on internet month 5-6 usually is a good indicator of where the wind is blowing, obviously for some people results are crazy, but usually the 5-6 mark gives a good idea, mine currently not so great. Fingers crossed though that

On 6/2/2023 at 6:57 AM, DeltaV said:

I mean, that was my expectations based on this forum alone, but alas, my hair and my growth was not the case. I have spoken to Eugenix and they said everything is as it should be and not worry, I will wait and see tbf and if things don't improve close to 10-12 months, then will have a dialogue with the clinic, until then it's still is a waiting game.

On 6/2/2023 at 1:15 PM, Gruaig said:

Going to Eugenix for a similar procedure (3,700 grafts with no crown for first procedure) in 2 months, so following this intently. I think the 5 month results still look far better than pre-op, but hope you get some more growth soon @abrorkhasanov. Good luck!

Good luck man! Tbf, I think Eugenix does best when they split the work and maybe that's what I should have done. but oh well.

Just would like to add few more notes.

Today is 4th of June, so I am now 3 days away from exactly 5 month (or at least I think so haha). However, I am travelling tomorrow to visit my sister and not gonna lie, the way my scalp was shining through with the thin hair was not a pleasant view and made once again self-conscious, which annoyed the hell out of me because I went for HT literally not to be in this kinda of situation. So anyhow, to not deal with this stuff, I buzzed my hair to a 1, so I can enjoy my holiday and be less concerned with how things are looking. 

With that said though, I obviously took more pictures (all of them are from today), did few crappy selfies in different light conditions just so people get the idea and even made a comparison between my post-op buzz cut(which I loved btw) and my new buzz to compare (slight length difference I know) but unfortunately, it still does show how much my front and middle has either been lost (hopefully not) or has not kicked in yet (hoping for the latter obviously, but we will see).

But yeah, I was not expecting to buzzing my head at 5 month post hair transplant but here we are.

As always though, feedback appreciated!

image.png

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Just would like to add few more notes.

Today is 4th of June, so I am now 3 days away from exactly 5 month (or at least I think so haha). However, I am travelling tomorrow to visit my sister and not gonna lie, the way my scalp was shining through with the thin hair was not a pleasant view and made once again self-conscious, which annoyed the hell out of me because I went for HT literally not to be in this kinda of situation. So anyhow, to not deal with this stuff, I buzzed my hair to a 1, so I can enjoy my holiday and be less concerned with how things are looking. 

With that said though, I obviously took more pictures (all of them are from today), did few crappy selfies in different light conditions just so people get the idea and even made a comparison between my post-op buzz cut(which I loved btw) and my new buzz to compare (slight length difference I know) but unfortunately, it still does show how much my front and middle has either been lost (hopefully not) or has not kicked in yet (hoping for the latter obviously, but we will see).

But yeah, I was not expecting to buzzing my head at 5 month post hair transplant but here we are.

As always though, feedback appreciated!

image.png

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

You are way early in the process. Keep optimistic!

Bro, with these new pictures that you posted today, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's hope for some solid growth to kick in by the time your back from Holidays. 

@abrorkhasanov your current pictures are definitely looking better than those pictures that you posted previously. It looks like after a month you’ll have noticeable difference. BTW you’re looking great after buzzing your head.