Cocaine 56 hours pre surgery (New Years celebrations) - Alternatives to no alcohol? - Effects on anasthesia/bleeding?

Hi,

I'll be recieving surgery shortly after new years, and as it has been advised I'm not allowed alochol for 7 days leading up the the procedure (I have done this, and will continue to do so).

I am therefore considering cocaine (56 hours pre surgery), would anyone know the consequences of this on the anasthesia/bleeding etc? I can't seem to find much information. Another alternative to cocaine is Ecstasy.

I believe the majority of drugs would wash out of the system within 2 days, but really would like to know any further info.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs-down 4
  • Face Palm 3

• Administrators

How about abstaining for one new year. To be honest, I don’t know if there will be any issues. But I know both of these drugs could exhaust you, not a good idea so close to your procedure.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@pkgr33n the cocaine could realistically be cut with fentanyl and you could die. It could be cut with any # of things that could interfere with surgery. 

Ditto with the MDMA. 

Even though both of these drugs may be out of your system by surgery time, the mental hangover could still be there. The last thing you want is to have surgery while you are dealing with an MDMA hangover,  or to die from a fentanyl overdose - then you can't enjoy your new hair at all. 

Can't you just smoke weed like a normal person?

Edited by HappyMan2021

who is your surgeon? someone who is serious about hair transplants and understands the gravity of the situation if things go wrong, would not be asking a question like this.

Also, consider you get high on coke or MDMA and your inhibitions are lowered to the point that you decide to drink alcohol anyway 🤣

Honestly it sounds pretty miserable to be all stimmed out on coke and not be able to drink to take the edge off. 

FWIW I think you are fine drinking 56 hours before surgery, just dont go crazy and dont do hard drugs... 

Or choose weed. That is the safest option. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

38 minutes ago, pkgr33n said:

Hi,

I'll be recieving surgery shortly after new years, and as it has been advised I'm not allowed alochol for 7 days leading up the the procedure (I have done this, and will continue to do so).

I am therefore considering cocaine (56 hours pre surgery), would anyone know the consequences of this on the anasthesia/bleeding etc? I can't seem to find much information. Another alternative to cocaine is Ecstasy.

I believe the majority of drugs would wash out of the system within 2 days, but really would like to know any further info.

Just be careful mate ..coz if the Coke is any good there’s a strong chance you won’t make the surgery appointment even 56 hours later …rarely ends with just the odd line ….take good care of yourself 

• Haha 4
  • Well Done 1

53 minutes ago, pkgr33n said:

Hi,

Sure you can do it, just don't go overboard, got a friend that did exactly that and had great results, you only live once 

Enjoy the party pal😎 

• Thumbs-down 2
  • Face Palm 1

I would flat out avoid any vices. I didn’t have anything with caffeine or sugar for like 5 days post op and no one asked me too. If your worried about coke or alcohol doing something to your transplant the best thing to do is just not to have them.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Normally I would say speak to the Dr who will be doing the procedure, however in this case I don’t think that’s a good idea! I wouldn’t be risking it personally, you don’t want any extra risks, or even the possibility of cancellation..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gabbck said:

Sure you can do it, just don't go overboard, got a friend that did exactly that and had great results, you only live once 

Enjoy the party pal😎 

This is just, really bad advice…

Yeah one guy can do something terrible like drunk drive and end up fine, another guy can do it and die. Same thing with a HT.

OP just take things cautiously, it’s a surgical procedure. You can always drink with the boys another time.

Edited by mister_25
Rephrasing

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

53 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

Normally I would say speak to the Dr who will be doing the procedure, however in this case I don’t think that’s a good idea! I wouldn’t be risking it personally, you don’t want any extra risks, or even the possibility of cancellation..

Agreed.

If you have ANY issues during or post surgery, the doc will blame the gear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Hahaha, this thread is insane. Well, HT is a one-in-a-lifetime proccedure, seems almost impossible to justify a short-term effect drug affecting a lifetime decision...? Maybe its just me tho.

I get people want these thrills/kicks/rides whatever, but come on OP you can literally do that sh*t anytime you want, leading up to a once (or few) in a lifetime important procedure, hell no. 

I’m not going to ever tell anyone how to live their life but if you are getting an HT then I assume your hair has caused a massive mental stain on you. This is literally one of the most important procedures/fixes you could ever make. And you can’t reverse any negative that happens from it. I don’t know how to answer your question other than one party is far less important than the next 40 years of your life with your new hair. 

• Like 1

cocaine by itself can cause hair loss due to stress, nutritional deficiency. also since your ticker will be working overtime it can affect your heart. consider that you will receive anesthesia. if you are a repeat user you might want to address that problem first before even thinking about a hair transplant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gabbck said:

Enjoy the party pal😎 

its like ....you can drive drunk no worries nothing is gonna happen........bad advise!!!