Donor area 14 days since transplant : Is it over harvested or slow recovery

• Moderators

First I'll say I don't like the pattern of extraction because it's all concentrated in one section. They should have spread it out more towards the sides and scattered the edges a lot instead of making very noticeable straight edges to the extraction area.

With that said, 14 days is way to early to know how well it will heal. When you get a lot of grafts taken from a condensed area, you are more likely to have shock loss which means some of the the regrowth can take 4 to 6 months or more.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This is very amateur work.  If they did a wider extraction you would have had a scar less donor area, but instead they decided to concentrate all extractions from this one area and gave you a shoe box

You have an excellent donor area, so I will pray it will not cause issues for you when getting a haircut in the next few months

• Like 1

I am not even a week into my transplant yet. I dont know much, have any real experience.

I am guessing about 1800 graphs were taken? What the guys above are saying seem true. Still to early to tell.

Maybe there is some growth shock in the back? Maybe that happens in the back too?

Hope it grows back good for ya.

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, A_riz said:

Neoaesthetica Hair Clinic in India : as most point out that it is over harvested I think one should this

It may grow back decently but you shouldn’t go back either way. The extraction pattern looks ridiculous imo.

Edited by Z--