My Hair transplant Pics, 2000 graphs

Michael D

8 hours ago, Fueway said:

Let’s see when haircut is done 

Will do. The appointment is Monday 19th.

Is it normal, that after 6 months, to still wonder if you had a good operation or not??

It was only 2000 grafts.

It was only 2000 grafts. The grafts were spread out pretty well. I think that was a good idea. I'm still shedding the natural hair up there, I guess? and it would look weird if the new hair, (grafts), were too close together, and with the continued shedding of the original hair. It would look unnatural, or weird, later on.

This hair transplant has been one heck of a roller coaster ride.

After 6 months. Most Everywhere I read. It says that after 6 months you should see the majority, if not all the new hair.

It is obvious that I still need more work in the front. The plan was to take care of the front, then the mid and the back (or crown), this winter. The front still needs work. It is very obvious.

I am not sure, hard to tell?? Did I think that 2k grafts would be enough, and I was wrong? Or did none or very little of the new grafts stay?

Before you ask, I did discuss all of this (my plan, front this year, next winter the top and back) with Virginia Surgical, many times.

I do definitely need more work done in the front.

I don't feel sure, and confident, that it was a good operation. I was hoping that by 6 months I would be sure. I am not.

None of my family, and the people I work with, have seen any change, in my hair, when I ask them. I am not told anything negative by them. They just are silent.

Well, the 6-month pics will be up on the 19th. I tried to get an earlier appointment. Best they could do.

Please be honest with me. What differences do you see, after I post the pics.

Shouldn't I feel confident? See the difference by now. Know 100%, that it was a good operation? 

Thanks again.

It looks good when short. The hair is not as thick/dense as the other hair areas. it was only 2k grafts. I had gone 2 months without a haircut. (too busy). It had become very noticeable the lack of density.

My barber, when asked, said it is looking good. Maybe only another 2k grafts and it will look Great! (and all I need).

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, bbow said:

Linda Carnazza got you 

I don't know. It could have been a lot worse, and it could have been a little better.

I want/need more work done. Knew I would. That was the plan anyway. Get another 2000 grafts this winter. I was kinda hoping that my hair after 6 months would be a little more fuller than it is.

I am a little disappointed, but I could have been a lot more disappointed.

In the Maryland, Northern Virginia area, Which would be a better hair transplant place to talk to, go to?

It wouldn't be a bad idea to start/spend more time researching than I did last time. For another hair transplant place.

1 minute ago, bbow said:

Youll be better off literally anywhere else other than virginia surgical center. Those people are the devil. 

My hair is a little bit thicker, and more evenly spaced out. Than it was before.

I quit using the topical stuff around 6 months ago. No pills, nothing.

2 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

why arent you on any meds?

Do you take the meds? Pills? Do you think they work??

That spray makes your hair all sticky and stuff. Lowers your testosterone. It is extra work, my life is busy enough, lol!

1 hour ago, Michael D said:

Do you take the meds? Pills? Do you think they work??

That spray makes your hair all sticky and stuff. Lowers your testosterone. It is extra work, my life is busy enough, lol!

Finesteride typically increases your testosterone since less is converted to DHT. If you tolerate it, it's literally taking one tablet a day and doesn't take any time.

2 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Finesteride typically increases your testosterone since less is converted to DHT. If you tolerate it, it's literally taking one tablet a day and doesn't take any time.

Finasteride increases the circulating levels of testosterone which is peripherally aromatized to estrogens. Thus the use of finasteride in older males further shifts the hormonal balance towards estrogen excess. The expression of aromatase is also up-regulated in prostatic hyperplasia and cancer.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Are you satisfied so far?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 5:19 AM, O-Myles59 said:

Hi @Michael D Been reading your journey ( and posts on the other thread) and wondered if there any updates on how this worked out for you? Must be nearing the 12 month mark?

A year ago it was only half of what I needed done. I knew that going in. The donor area was done very nice and grew back fine, and the new hair is fine. No artificial looking lines or anything. Very well done.

Having completed my 2 part Hair restoration recently. 2k grafts a year ago, and final 2k grafts recently. The "roller coaster ride", (not sure what to expect), is very minimal.

The work done a year ago has gone well, and I have more confidence that the recent work will go just as good.

Hope that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Having completed my 2 part Hair restoration recently. 2k grafts a year ago, and final 2k grafts recently. The "roller coaster ride", (not sure what to expect), is very minimal.

The work done a year ago has gone well, and I have more confidence that the recent work will go just as good.

Hope that makes sense.

who did your 2nd surgery?

Just now, HappyMan2021 said:

I have been good! Hbu?

I hope you didnt go to Virginia Surgical for the 2nd surgery. 

Great, Glad to hear!

I forgot to add that I got a script for oral minoxidil this time also. If I start growing hair on my ears and other places, and looking like Chewbacca I will discontinue it. LOL!

Glad that I was able to afford some more work done. (Being how Awesome the economy is right now. LOL)

My journey is complete with HT now.

• Valued Contributor
On 4/27/2023 at 6:05 AM, Michael D said:

It was only 2k grafts.

Hey mate. You said these words on your thread so many times I couldn't help but comment. 2K grafts is a serious number - it's not to be dismissed lightly and in the right hands, 2K can go a very long way, especially if the goal is to recreate or improve a hairline in a mature, conservative and age appropriate way.

Studying your pics it's not too clear, but I certainly you didn't get 2,000 grafts put into your recipient area. Looking at your donor though, it could have been 2,000 grafts. If I had to put money on it, I'd say a decent amount of the grafts from the back of your head never made it into the front.

I'm also guessing that you gave your money to this clinic a second time despite everyone's best efforts to save you from them and yourself... In any case, I hope you're well. Can you share some pictures of the latest HT?

Cheers

47 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Great, Glad to hear!

I forgot to add that I got a script for oral minoxidil this time also. If I start growing hair on my ears and other places, and looking like Chewbacca I will discontinue it. LOL!

Glad that I was able to afford some more work done. (Being how Awesome the economy is right now. LOL)

My journey is complete with HT now.

can you please clarify where you went for this 2nd procedure? thanks

18 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Hey mate. You said these words on your thread so many times I couldn't help but comment. 2K grafts is a serious number - it's not to be dismissed lightly and in the right hands, 2K can go a very long way, especially if the goal is to recreate or improve a hairline in a mature, conservative and age appropriate way.

Studying your pics it's not too clear, but I certainly you didn't get 2,000 grafts put into your recipient area. Looking at your donor though, it could have been 2,000 grafts. If I had to put money on it, I'd say a decent amount of the grafts from the back of your head never made it into the front.

I'm also guessing that you gave your money to this clinic a second time despite everyone's best efforts to save you from them and yourself... In any case, I hope you're well. Can you share some pictures of the latest HT?

Cheers

I do have some pics. Not many. Not as many as last time. These 2k grafts were placed in the crown and middle area.

Getting a piece of that 12 or 17 million dollar lawsuit was tempting. But I felt I had to do the right thing. I'm OK with the work that got done there. Too many people doing bad things for money nowadays, the lawsuit?

I took some pics during the break, I think? Hard to get that angle, back of, and top of the head. The old hair has grown so fast already, a couple of weeks since the operation. The scabs are almost all gone too. The donor area is a little itchy still. Some saline spray helps a little. A few bumps back there, but they will go away.

Much different and not such a big deal this time. I was so scared last time. My first time.

I was turned off by the topical spray, way too messy. Going to try oral minoxidil this time. I wanted the surgery to do all the work. I still do. I do not want to be a slave taking a pill for my hair.