My Hair transplant Pics, 2000 graphs

Michael D

10 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Actually, all those things, the minox, fin, laser, they all work really well in conjunction with one another. If you have the option to get your own laser cap and add it to your regimen then I would do so. I apply the minox only at night and take oral fin. I don’t really suffer with sides from oral fin, though. I’m about to purchase a laser cap. If you want to maintain what you’ve got then it’s worth it to stay on those medical treatments.

I guess, my concerns are that with reading your last post, at the end of the post you say that you feel that you received top-notch service but the very first sentence of the post you’re asking if we believe you received all 2000 grafts. You added three question marks as if to emphasize the question.

There should be no question in your mind as to whether or not you received all 2000 grafts-especially if that’s all you could afford. This is only my opinion, take it with a grain of salt but that’s not the mark of a top-notch clinic. I’ve been looking at and researching hair transplants for over a decade now and just that alone, that you came to this forum to ask these questions, tells me that you should use this forum as a tool to look at other clinics as possible candidates for further work.

From the pictures you’ve shared there’s nothing to say that what’s been transplanted won’t grow in just fine and, in that, your transplant will be successful but…you came here for help. Do your due diligence and at least talk to other clinics for possible further restoration, even if you don’t consider them affordable there’s still extremely valuable information you could gain.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but I would really urge you to give this hair transplant 12 months, at the very least, to decide what you want to do. And I strongly encourage you to read other clinic reviews posted by patients. Look at Dr Nader in Mexico if you’re concerned about costs. His prices are excellent and his patient reviewed work is consistently strong.

All the best. I hope this turns out well for you.

Sounds good. Dr. Nader too. His reviews are superior!

I am going to wait the whole year, and hope for the best.

I was thinking about getting a laser cap. Can you recommend one? There are many on Amazon that I have been looking at.

• 3 weeks later...

I am about around the 2.5-month mark now. Have been kinda bummed out about my hair lately. I'm not really seeing any positive things going on up there on my head. I have less hair than when I started, I think. The new front hairline is basically gone? Most of it. It's really hard to tell.

The reviews of the place I visited, and the thoughts about them, here. This has been playing heavy on me. This ugly duckling phase sucks.

I decided to watch some YouTube videos of where others are at. 2 months after surgery. This was a good idea. I am about where they are. I am glad they made those videos.

I watched some 3 month videos. It seems like, that is when, it is going to start getting Good for me too!

I hope so.

Anyone reading this; here is some good advice, I guess? Watch some videos of other guys where you are at in your transplant journey. It might make you feel better.

I think it helped me go another month, and not worry.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that back of head has healed except noticing some pimples back there. When getting my hair cut today, my barber asked me about them. One video said that was normal. Hair follicle pushing back through or something? Ingrown hair?? I also noticed some pimples on the front hairline. Same thing there, maybe. I am beginning to have some feeling in my front scalp. Not as numb as it has been.

Edited by Michael D
Forgot to mention a couple things.

8 hours ago, Michael D said:

I am about around the 2.5-month mark now. Have been kinda bummed out about my hair lately. I'm not really seeing any positive things going on up there on my head.

I really think you should do more research and education on hair transplants. You shouldn't expect growth until the 4th month. 

I'm not sure if there is a reason you expect growth to occur at 2.5 months, but if so, your information source is false. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Michael D said:

I am about around the 2.5-month mark now. Have been kinda bummed out about my hair lately. I'm not really seeing any positive things going on up there on my head. I have less hair than when I started, I think. The new front hairline is basically gone? Most of it. It's really hard to tell.

The reviews of the place I visited, and the thoughts about them, here. This has been playing heavy on me. This ugly duckling phase sucks.

I decided to watch some YouTube videos of where others are at. 2 months after surgery. This was a good idea. I am about where they are. I am glad they made those videos.

I watched some 3 month videos. It seems like, that is when, it is going to start getting Good for me too!

I hope so.

Anyone reading this; here is some good advice, I guess? Watch some videos of other guys where you are at in your transplant journey. It might make you feel better.

I think it helped me go another month, and not worry.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that back of head has healed except noticing some pimples back there. When getting my hair cut today, my barber asked me about them. One video said that was normal. Hair follicle pushing back through or something? Ingrown hair?? I also noticed some pimples on the front hairline. Same thing there, maybe. I am beginning to have some feeling in my front scalp. Not as numb as it has been.

Hey man I am about about to cross into three months so I know exactly what you mean as I am going through it, I'm not exactly at my baseline either so I fully understand how frustrating and mellow it can all feel. However from here on out you should see some improvements as most if not all of the transplanted hair has shed and only growth and your native hair coming back is going to happen.

As for three months. I would say its uncommon to see growth by the three month stage. Most of the time signs of growth are usually apparent by four months, although this growth wont contribute aesthetically as it is very fine.

As for the pimples/ingrowns, I've gotten ALOT of my recipient and donor which I asked my clinic about and they said it is normal.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

My growth started around 2.5 months and significantly improves every week currently at 3 months and 1 week and my current hair situation is improved incredibly past baseline, hang in there it should start soon as long as you’re surgeon did a good job. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Fueway said:

@Michael Dhey man, how’s the progress? 

Did the 90-day check-up at Virginia Surgical.  Everything is looking as expected they said. I can't wait for 3 more months to be here, and be at the 6-month mark, and see some real difference.

I am actually seeing some hair shedding. More than before. I dunno. It's a roller coaster ride right now. 3 more months, can't get here fast enough, LOL!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 2:03 PM, Michael D said:

Did the 90-day check-up at Virginia Surgical.  Everything is looking as expected they said. I can't wait for 3 more months to be here, and be at the 6-month mark, and see some real difference.

I am actually seeing some hair shedding. More than before. I dunno. It's a roller coaster ride right now. 3 more months, can't get here fast enough, LOL!

Ok, have you got some current pics? 

• Valued Contributor
On 2/4/2023 at 10:32 AM, Michael D said:

Sounds good. Dr. Nader too. His reviews are superior!

I am going to wait the whole year, and hope for the best.

I was thinking about getting a laser cap. Can you recommend one? There are many on Amazon that I have been looking at.

Hey, my apologies but I missed this question.

Hop on Google and just type in something like, “best reviewed laser caps for hair regrowth”. Or something along those lines.

Move on down past all the sponsored links. There are a lot of great options to choose from. All of the reviews go over pros and cons and they’ll link you to the best place to get them at the best cost. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 9:12 AM, Fueway said:

Ok, have you got some current pics? 

I could take and post some current pics. It really looks about the same.

I look at my hair every 5 min in the mirror hoping to see something different!

The pimples are just about gone. So that is over!

2 or 3 more months (closer to 2 months now) and will be at the 6th month mark after the surgery.

I'll be taking some pics then for sure! and hope to be seeing a big difference!!!!

Let me add that I am glad that I went to a "local to me" HT place. It was more expensive. That sucked.

But I am in there quite often. They are looking at my hair and scalp. It is really quite nice. I am told that things are going as expected...

Except for the hair growth, (that comes later), everything seems to have been done very well. The donor area looks good, not over-harvested, or done irregularly. Can not even see it now, the donor area, when I get my hair cut short. The pimples have happened. There was some shedding. I still have a lot of the hairs that were transplanted that do not seem to have fallen out. There was shedding but not like I've seen others shed. Not as much.

I dunno. The 6-month mark is where I think I should really be able to tell if it was a good job or not.

Fingers crossed!!!

• 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Fueway said:

@Michael D Another month along, how’s the progress? 

Hey, How ya been!

Getting closer to the 6 month mark!

Now I look at my hair, and ask myself if I need a HT, or would I get one. The answer is no. So there is some improvement.

It was only 2k grafts, and they were spread out somewhat. It was a good use of so few grafts for my level of hair thinning in the front.

I can see it in the mirror, but the camera doesnt really get it.

The goal wasn't to look 20 again, but make it better up there.

Will be posting some pics next month on the 6 month mark.

Fingers crossed the camera shows what I can see. And improvement shown.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 5:50 AM, Michael D said:

Hey, How ya been!

Getting closer to the 6 month mark!

Now I look at my hair, and ask myself if I need a HT, or would I get one. The answer is no. So there is some improvement.

It was only 2k grafts, and they were spread out somewhat. It was a good use of so few grafts for my level of hair thinning in the front.

I can see it in the mirror, but the camera doesnt really get it.

The goal wasn't to look 20 again, but make it better up there.

Will be posting some pics next month on the 6 month mark.

Fingers crossed the camera shows what I can see. And improvement shown.

Ok great, looking forward to seeing the pics. 

• 3 weeks later...

Time to take some pics. Want to cut my hair first. Longer hair can hide a not-so-great job, or a great job? I don't know.

I think my hair is a little better than before. 2000 hair follicles is not a lot for the space I needed to be covered.

My view is biased. I really like the people that did the work.

I HOPE that after sharing the pics you can tell me that you see a difference. I do and I don't see much of a difference, but it was only 2k grafts.

Got to get that haircut, and thank you very much for your interest in this.

1 hour ago, Michael D said:

Longer hair can hide a not-so-great job, or a great job? I don't know.

Buzzcuts can look fine with people with hair transplants, but actual "short hair" (a few inches or less?) generally looks bad. 

Longer hair looks better but yes it absolutely will conceal bad work. 

So I would say medium hair is best to illustrate your HT

10 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

no, just no. Please leave personality attributes out of hair transplant world lol. 

My view could be biased?? I dont want to think I got ripped off. I do like the people that did the work. I'm just going to put the 6 months after pics up after I get a haircut.

Please be honest. Fingers crossed that you see a difference.

Don't let your view be biased, because I didn't choose from a recommended HT Clinic from here, OK?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 1:26 AM, Michael D said:

Time to take some pics. Want to cut my hair first. Longer hair can hide a not-so-great job, or a great job? I don't know.

I think my hair is a little better than before. 2000 hair follicles is not a lot for the space I needed to be covered.

My view is biased. I really like the people that did the work.

I HOPE that after sharing the pics you can tell me that you see a difference. I do and I don't see much of a difference, but it was only 2k grafts.

Got to get that haircut, and thank you very much for your interest in this.

Let’s see when haircut is done 

• Like 1