My Hair transplant Pics, 2000 graphs

Michael D

Have been spraying saline solution, front and back, about every hour, for the past couple of days. 2 days after surgery, after the first shampoo, the cup method was used, front and back.

hair 11.jpg

hair 12.jpg

Edited by Michael D

I could only afford 2000 grafts at this time.  So I went with just the front 1/3 or front 1/2ish.  I will do the back in a year.

How many grafts does it look like were done?

I was told that I didn't need to cut hair, except for the donor area. I got this short haircut done a couple of days prior. They trimmed up the donor area before surgery.

I took some fresh pics today. I'll post those in a few. You can see better how many grafts were done. And how the donor area is looking better already.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael D said:

I could only afford 2000 grafts at this time.  So I went with just the front 1/3 or front 1/2ish.  I will do the back in a year.

I'm referring to the front 1/3, front 1/2ish. It looks like 2k grafts was not enough for the frontal area. You likely will need a 2nd pass in the front. The grafts seem spaced too far apart. 

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

-who is the doctor who performed the surgery? 

you seem to be avoiding this question? if you don't want to mention his/her name until results are final, then you can say that. (although there is no harm in mentioning the doctor now)

But avoiding this question entirely makes me think, even post-op, you still don't even know who your surgeon was. 

Can you please clarify?

I have been on this forum for 3 years and you are the first patient I have encountered who does not know the name of their surgeon. 

These are today's pics. 4 days after surgery, and I could only afford 2k grafts for now. Hope that at least 90% are good ones. Fingers crossed that they shed and grow back.

I hope to have the funds to finish this in another year.

Hoping for a good outcome.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

hair 13.jpg

hair 14.jpg

Edited by Michael D
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting! It's hard to tell to me if those grafts placed will match existing hair density,  they kinda appear to to in  any event, you should get some infill in there for sure.  Does it look like 2k grafts? Honestly it's hard to tell given the color of the hair and existing hair, but it doesnt seem like it's not. So that's good!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I wish I could have afforded more to be done. I know that I will need another 2000-4000 more grafts to complete the total including the crown area and middle of top. I knew this going in. Maybe FUT should have been done instead of FUE in the donor area?  I dunno.

This is like politics. You can make a good thing bad, or a bad thing good.

It is a start for me. Got the ball rolling with about 2k grafts.  Hope they are good ones. I'll do some more next winter.

I have a question I hope will be answered. By posting pics here. Do I give up the rights of ownership?

The media of my surgery. The before and after pics, etc. I do not wish that my pics are used in any other way except for here in this forum. In this thread. I do not want videos made with pictures of me in them, or of my hair.

16 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Because he mentions the clinic name in a different thread he created.

yup... kinda thought that was my business, LOL! (is what it is, wasn't trying to put that out there again)

I didn't create that thread, just posted on it.

Other than the number of grafts maybe being less than 2000.

Correcting my spelling of grapfts

Other than Comparing 2000 graft coverage to 6000 graft coverage.

My main concern is the donor area, does it look over harvested??

Also does it look like (with the close ups I took) that everything is going well, and as it is supposed to be?

Were they good grafts? Do they seem to be placed in the recipient area well?

Anything positive???

6 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Other than the number of grafts maybe being less than 2000.

Correcting my spelling of grapfts

Other than Comparing 2000 graft coverage to 6000 graft coverage.

My main concern is the donor area, does it look over harvested??

Also does it look like (with the close ups I took) that everything is going well, and as it is supposed to be?

Were they good grafts? Do they seem to be placed in the recipient area well?

Anything positive???

-I'm worried the angles are incorrect. You will only see this once the grafts start growing. There is no way to tell currently. But given the reputation of your clinic and everything about this clinic, I hope I am proven wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if the angles are incorrect. 

The only treatment of bad angles is extraction and reimplantation, which will require more surgeries. 

-the frontal third is not dense enough. And that is assuming 100% of the implanted grafts grow, which will not happen. You likely will need a 2nd surgery solely for the frontal third again, just to have the density you require. 

This unfortunately does not look like a good result thus far.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

-I'm worried the angles are incorrect. You will only see this once the grafts start growing. There is no way to tell currently. But given the reputation of your clinic and everything about this clinic, I hope I am proven wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if the angles are incorrect. 

The only treatment of bad angles is extraction and reimplantation, which will require more surgeries. 

-the frontal third is not dense enough. And that is assuming 100% of the implanted grafts grow, which will not happen. You likely will need a 2nd surgery solely for the frontal third again, just to have the density you require. 

This unfortunately does not look like a good result thus far.

Understood. Thank you.

• Like 1

Apart from the afore mentioned issues  which are all totally valid, the donor area doesn't look like it was over harvested, just they didn't take and use 2k of grafts. Looks like around 1k or so in the recipient area. Positives? Yes they have not taken as many grafts which leaves more to use for the second/third procedure. If you were to stick around here i have serious doubts you would choose them again. 

• Like 2