My Hair transplant Pics, 2000 graphs

Michael D

42 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

@Michael DCould you change the title of the thread to include the name of the clinic, as this will help people that are looking for their results.

I would like to think about that. If you read above I was kinda trying to keep that private.

I truly believe that that may be why everyone, that knew, has been giving me nothing but bad comments. Correcting my spelling. You name it.

I am not back here posting my results so that you can make me feel bad and you feel good.

EDIT: know and trust that if someone asks about that place. I will tell the truth about my experience. Currently, I am not so unhappy. It could have been worse. Maybe not 100% what I was hoping for. It could have been better.

Edited by Michael D

1 minute ago, Michael D said:

I would like to think about that. If you read above I was kinda trying to keep that private.

I truly believe that that may be why everyone, that knew, has been giving me nothing but bad comments. Correcting my spelling. You name it.

I am not back here posting my results so that you can make me feel bad and you feel good.

It’s just for people looking for the clinics name, it’s mentioned in the thread here but not in the title, you’re decision obvs. Nobody is trying to make anyone feel good or bad, just give open and honest advice, nothing more or less. Perceived poor work would be called out here totally regardless of who the clinic or Dr was, makes no difference. I’m not sure how you would think this would make anyone “feel good” we all just wanted to protect you from getting a sub par procedure, and all the issues we mentioned are now apparent unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pbaird98 said:

It’s just for people looking for the clinics name, it’s mentioned in the thread here but not in the title, you’re decision obvs. Nobody is trying to make anyone feel good or bad, just give open and honest advice, nothing more or less. Perceived poor work would be called out here totally regardless of who the clinic or Dr was, makes no difference. I’m not sure how you would think this would make anyone “feel good” we all just wanted to protect you from getting a sub par procedure, and all the issues we mentioned are now apparent unfortunately. 

We can agree to disagree on what happened and what was said a few days ago. I remember how I was talked to and made to feel.

You asked me to create a new thread with pics, and I have.

Tag me when you see someone ask about that place. I'll even give them a call.

Is it OK to hope that I get a good outcome?

15 minutes ago, Michael D said:

EDIT: know and trust that if someone asks about that place. I will tell the truth about my experience. Currently, I am not so unhappy. It could have been worse. Maybe not 100% what I was hoping for. It could have been better.

How much did you pay? I’m assuming you consulted with others in the area? Usually the price for an FUE in the US is 6-10$ per graft did you go where you went because of the price offered ?

Edited by Dillpickle123

17 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

How much did you pay? I’m assuming you consulted with others in the area? Usually the price for an FUE in the US is 6-10$ per graft did you go where you went because of the price offered ?

I first looked in Tijuana. Then It was Cancun. Then it was in Miami Florida. All 3 places had many good reviews and prices. The price kept going up, but was getting closer to my home.

Honestly, I don't remember how I found the place I went with. I was looking around my area and was willing to pay more to save the flying time, and all that stuff. To turn a week into one day!

The place I ended up decided on. Was the second place I called. Looking around here. I had an appointment in Miami for mid January.

I spoke to her on the phone. She seemed to know what she was talking about. I don't know. Sounded like the one to go with. Felt good. She got back to me real quick.

For my area the price was Good! Thousands more than the previous places I had looked at (Mexico and Fla). Thousands less than the other quote I had gotten around here.

Edited by Michael D

1 minute ago, Michael D said:

I first looked in Tijuana. Then It was Cancun. Then it was in Miami Florida. All 3 places had many good reviews and prices. The price kept going up, but was getting closer to my home.

Honestly, I don't remember how I found the place I went with. I was looking around my area and was willing to pay more to save the flying time, and all that stuff. To turn a week into one day!

The place I ended up decided on. Was the second place I called. Looking around here. I had an appointment in Miami for mid January.

I spoke to her on the phone. She seemed to know what she was talking about. I don't know. Sounded like the one to go with. Felt good. She got back to me real quick.

For my area the price was Good! Thousands more than the previous places I had looked at. Thousands less than the other quote I had gotten around here.

Ah I see we’ll I’m good you found this forum now, it does look like you’ll need a another procedure, in Mexico there’s 2 places that are known HMR, and Dr Nader, I consulted with dr Nader and his prices was very reasonable around 3$ a graft 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Ah I see we’ll I’m good you found this forum now, it does look like you’ll need a another procedure, in Mexico there’s 2 places that are known HMR, and Dr Nader, I consulted with dr Nader and his prices was very reasonable around 3$ a graft 

I might check out Dr Nader next time to finish this up.

EDIT: If you remember, tag me in it, when you go. When you post pics of the work done.

For the crown area. There is the swirl thing in the back there. That is prob a real skill to do as well. I still need that done.

Best of Luck to ya!

Edited by Michael D

18 minutes ago, Michael D said:

EDIT: If you remember, tag me in it, when you go. When you post pics of the work done.

For the crown area. There is the swirl thing in the back there. That is prob a real skill to do as well. I still need that done.

Best of Luck to ya!

I went to Belgium for mine recently but I’ll tag you in some of his results 

45 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Best of Luck to ya!

Nader has done some of the most impressive results I’ve seen. Guy73 has one of the greatest comebacks I’ve ever seen

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

29 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Nader has done some of the most impressive results I’ve seen. Guy73 has one of the greatest comebacks I’ve ever seen

Yea I think the reason I didn’t go with him was because I didn’t see enough cases like mine but if I ever needed another procedure I would go with him next 

Not great Pics, I get some better ones done later. This is about a week and a half after the surgery. The back is healing well. The front of the transplanted hair is growing and getting longer. Hard to see the transplanted hair. Things seem to be going well.

Was it 2000 grafts or not, It was about 2k? 

Not looking forward to the shedding phase.

Edited by Michael D

• 1 month later...

Hey! it has been a while. I've had a haircut.

The donor area looks great! I haven't shed, the ugly duckling phase. This is my first HT. Much of the hairline hair is gone?? Maybe that has shed? I hope so, and it grows back. I feel that I am being more critical than I should be?? One side does seem to be done just a little bit better??? Not a really big noticeable difference???  Maybe I'm imagining it? I know that the new follicles pushed out the old ones. then you wait.... Many/most hairs are just getting longer!! The majority of the hairs are just getting longer! Hard to see but you can feel them. I haven't gone through the ugly duckling phase. Also It hasn't been 6 months or a year yet. It would be so cool if I don't shed much at all! Not going to hope for that, but it would be cool!

I took a pic after the haircut. That was a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it....

Found it! I wanted to keep basically the same hairline, it was made a little bit better in the back corners. Rounded off better. Her Idea, and a Good one! Really cant tell much in the picture. Maybe much of it has shed? I dunno. I did everything I was supposed to, and then some, Post-op.

Fingers crossed that in 4 or 5 months, or sooner, I start seeing a real difference. A couple of people have said they notice more hair.

profile pic after haircut(1).jpg

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@Michael D yeh as u mentioned its good tht ur donor is fully recovered and thts a positive thng...yeh u will start seeing good growth after 4-5 months from the date of surgery till 16-18 months ....

Its hard to judge from ur pics abt the grafts count bt in my opinion right nw u have the only option to trust thm and trust ur decision to choose thm and look forward to their advice and hw to improve ur result...

I wish u r on medication ..!

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

6 hours ago, Archan said:

@Michael D yeh as u mentioned its good tht ur donor is fully recovered and thts a positive thng...yeh u will start seeing good growth after 4-5 months from the date of surgery till 16-18 months ....

Its hard to judge from ur pics abt the grafts count bt in my opinion right nw u have the only option to trust thm and trust ur decision to choose thm and look forward to their advice and hw to improve ur result...

I wish u r on medication ..!

Thanks! I am back to the topical finasteride and minoxidil. Not as often as I used to. I hate that stuff. The oily residue. I am back using it again. I did wait a couple of weeks after surgery.

Also, I am getting laser treatments from Virginia Surgical. Can't hurt.

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Thanks! I am back to the topical finasteride and minoxidil. Not as often as I used to. I hate that stuff. The oily residue. I am back using it again. I did wait a couple of weeks after surgery.

Also, I am getting laser treatments from Virginia Surgical. Can't hurt.

Thts nice..and u can ask to doctor for oral minoxidil and finasteride which would be an easier option to tht of topical ones if u dont get any side effects from that ...even i stopped topical one and switched to oral one since long as it is more convenient 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

5 minutes ago, Archan said:

Thts nice..and u can ask to doctor for oral minoxidil and finasteride which would be an easier option to tht of topical ones if u dont get any side effects from that ...even i stopped topical one and switched to oral one since long as it is more convenient 

That is an option I will look into. Thanks!

Did I get all 2000 grafts???

Toward the end of the surgery, 12 hrs. I was becoming uncomfortable. laying there for so long, I was getting "itchy", wanting to move around. I think I remember my leg falling asleep, just kidding. LOL!! I am not used to being still for so long! There was a 1 hr break in the middle.

They prob could have given me something to calm me down. I wanted to drive home. So no dice.

I was wanting to call it done. They could have easily agreed with me. They kept telling me it was almost completed. Told this many times. They offered to let me get up and walk around a little, and I did.  I think I was becoming a "bad" patient toward the end? LOL!

About the number of grafts, I received. They insisted on doing all 2000. To complete the job. I gave them an easy out and not do all 2k. They kept telling me it was almost done. Until finally it was done.

So I probably did get all 2k? 2000 is really not a lot of grafts? Some have shed? This waiting sucks. I'm about 1.5 months after surgery. So, 3 or 4 months from now I'm hoping to see some real changes? That's around the beginning or middle of summer.

This waiting sucks.

Swelling: There was some that gradually came down my forehead a few days later. It wasn't much, compared to others I've seen. I easily massaged it to the sides of my face, easy peasy. It really wasn't an issue at all.

Quality of Service Received: I think I received top-notch service at Virginia Surgical. That is going by the donor area, after surgery, and how it has grown back. The swelling wasn't much really.

From what I can see so far. Things are looking pretty good.

• Valued Contributor
On 2/2/2023 at 8:16 PM, Michael D said:

Did I get all 2000 grafts???

Toward the end of the surgery, 12 hrs. I was becoming uncomfortable. laying there for so long, I was getting "itchy", wanting to move around. I think I remember my leg falling asleep, just kidding. LOL!! I am not used to being still for so long! There was a 1 hr break in the middle.

They prob could have given me something to calm me down. I wanted to drive home. So no dice.

I was wanting to call it done. They could have easily agreed with me. They kept telling me it was almost completed. Told this many times. They offered to let me get up and walk around a little, and I did.  I think I was becoming a "bad" patient toward the end? LOL!

About the number of grafts, I received. They insisted on doing all 2000. To complete the job. I gave them an easy out and not do all 2k. They kept telling me it was almost done. Until finally it was done.

So I probably did get all 2k? 2000 is really not a lot of grafts? Some have shed? This waiting sucks. I'm about 1.5 months after surgery. So, 3 or 4 months from now I'm hoping to see some real changes? That's around the beginning or middle of summer.

This waiting sucks.

Swelling: There was some that gradually came down my forehead a few days later. It wasn't much, compared to others I've seen. I easily massaged it to the sides of my face, easy peasy. It really wasn't an issue at all.

Quality of Service Received: I think I received top-notch service at Virginia Surgical. That is going by the donor area, after surgery, and how it has grown back. The swelling wasn't much really.

From what I can see so far. Things are looking pretty good.

Are you considering other clinics for further work down the line?

Edited by Steeeve

10 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Are you considering other clinics for further work down the line?

Currently, not at all. I'll be going back to Virginia Surgical in McLean Virginia.

I only got 2000 grafts, I will need another 2k. Maybe more, or maybe not.

The crown, in back has been getting better, maybe. The Hims spray seems to be working back there? Topical finasteride and Minoxidill.

The 2k grafts that were done, doesn't go very far back. I still got the middle too.

I would like this Hair Transplant to finish out well, with the work that was done, and see some familiar faces!

Here is a question I have in the back of my head, maybe someone could answer?

Does Laser treatment do the same as topical finasteride and minoxidil?

I would really like to stop spraying that s*** in my hair.

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Currently, not at all. I'll be going back to Virginia Surgical in McLean Virginia.

I only got 2000 grafts, I will need another 2k. Maybe more, or maybe not.

The crown, in back has been getting better, maybe. The Hims spray seems to be working back there? Topical finasteride and Minoxidill.

The 2k grafts that were done, doesn't go very far back. I still got the middle too.

I would like this Hair Transplant to finish out well, with the work that was done, and see some familiar faces!

Here is a question I have in the back of my head, maybe someone could answer?

Does Laser treatment do the same as topical finasteride and minoxidil?

I would really like to stop spraying that s*** in my hair.

Actually, all those things, the minox, fin, laser, they all work really well in conjunction with one another. If you have the option to get your own laser cap and add it to your regimen then I would do so. I apply the minox only at night and take oral fin. I don’t really suffer with sides from oral fin, though. I’m about to purchase a laser cap. If you want to maintain what you’ve got then it’s worth it to stay on those medical treatments.

I guess, my concerns are that with reading your last post, at the end of the post you say that you feel that you received top-notch service but the very first sentence of the post you’re asking if we believe you received all 2000 grafts. You added three question marks as if to emphasize the question.

There should be no question in your mind as to whether or not you received all 2000 grafts-especially if that’s all you could afford. This is only my opinion, take it with a grain of salt but that’s not the mark of a top-notch clinic. I’ve been looking at and researching hair transplants for over a decade now and just that alone, that you came to this forum to ask these questions, tells me that you should use this forum as a tool to look at other clinics as possible candidates for further work.

From the pictures you’ve shared there’s nothing to say that what’s been transplanted won’t grow in just fine and, in that, your transplant will be successful but…you came here for help. Do your due diligence and at least talk to other clinics for possible further restoration, even if you don’t consider them affordable there’s still extremely valuable information you could gain.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but I would really urge you to give this hair transplant 12 months, at the very least, to decide what you want to do. And I strongly encourage you to read other clinic reviews posted by patients. Look at Dr Nader in Mexico if you’re concerned about costs. His prices are excellent and his patient reviewed work is consistently strong.

All the best. I hope this turns out well for you.

• Like 1