21 year old that had procedure done 11 months ago

simple32019

Absolutely no part of this was right, I can’t see how anybody doing this type of work should be on any recommendation list, this should be urgently reviewed.As this community is “for and by patients” then surely Drs can be removed in cases like this. Radio silence so far… 

• Like 1

The time has come. Dr. John Diep should no longer be recommended by this forum. This patient is just the latest case of a long list that question his abilities and ethics when it comes to hair restoration. The emotional turmoil that he has caused this patient and the many before him is simply not acceptable. @Melvin- ModeratorThis case needs to be reviewed and a decision made on whether this type of ethics and subpar work is something the forum stands behind. 

• Like 7

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Administrators

Op was your surgeon Dr. Diep? I agree this is very concerning, I will send you a private message. We will need to investigate this to the fullest extent. I will consult with Pat before making any decisions.

Also, guys I can’t look at every single thread, just because I don’t respond or read every thread doesn’t mean I’m ignoring them. This isn’t radio silence, if an issue needs urgent review tag me, as was done. Otherwise, I simply cannot keep up with every single thread. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I agree with the comments here. Diep's results are no longer reliable (imo they haven't been for some time) -- his clinic is effectively a very, very expensive mill. Quite sad to see a 21 year old have his hair butchered like this. At the very least a refund should be issued promptly.

OP -- there are means to fix this. Look into other doctors. Truth be told, hair transplants will never truly mimic the density of native hair, but on the flipside, even the more dire situations tend to be salvageable.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, BDK081522 said:

The time has come. Dr. John Diep should no longer be recommended by this forum. This patient is just the latest case of a long list that question his abilities and ethics when it comes to hair restoration. The emotional turmoil that he has caused this patient and the many before him is simply not acceptable. @Melvin- ModeratorThis case needs to be reviewed and a decision made on whether this type of ethics and subpar work is something the forum stands behind. 

It's not time now, he should have been removed years ago. Patients have spend hours of their valuable time trying to warn us about Diep's unethical practices, ethical practices that have been corroborated, and could have been further easily corroborated if he had reached out to some of these repair surgeons. There is absolutely no excuse for him remaining as long as he did, none.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Op was your surgeon Dr. Diep? I agree this is very concerning, I will send you a private message. We will need to investigate this to the fullest extent. I will consult with Pat before making any decisions.

Also, guys I can’t look at every single thread, just because I don’t respond or read every thread doesn’t mean I’m ignoring them. This isn’t radio silence, if an issue needs urgent review tag me, as was done. Otherwise, I simply cannot keep up with every single thread. 

Unfortunately we've been here before, several times. The most egregious I can think of is this instance, despite the compelling hard photographic evidence, Melvin's only conclusion was 'I believe what Dr Diep' told me.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/57595-should-i-switch-from-diep-to-hasson/?do=findComment&comment=552412

I am imploring the HRN community to unite and take an even stronger stance. I know this is a big ask. I know many of you have spent hours of your valuable time, not to mention the mental strain of dealing with the trauma of dealing with this doctor, but simply this doctor should not be enabled any further. He never should have been. He should have been removed a long time ago. Enough is enough. No more making money off of others physical, mental, financial, and spiritual trauma.

I am a moderatier on the reddit's hair transplant forum. I wrote a lengthy post on what I see as issues with Dr Diep, issues with the HRN paid leadership, and issues of dealing with their financial conflicts of interest, which is the only conclusion I am currently able to make as to why this doctor has been enabled by this forum for so long despite the towering amount of compelling evidence of his dangerous and unethical medical practices.

Due to rules against linking to other forums, I will not be providing the link here. You can find it on my subreddit, and the text of that post can be found here.

• Thanks 2

Sono d'accordo con@ Wallaby_Al piano di sopra  e penso a questo punto@ Melvin- Moderatoredeve mettere da parte l'amicizia che ha con questo dottore, penso che la mantenga ancora qui visto che comunque si è operato con lui (se non sbaglio) e posso tranquillamente dire che il suo trapianto è andato bene, ma è stato molto fortunato, proprio come quando si va al mulino, può andare bene, ma anche male, a Melvin è andata bene, per questo ragazzo e per altri no.

• Like 1

So so sorry OP. It’s so scary because it wasn’t even a typical hair mill. OP just know there are cases much worse than yours that have seen a complete 360. I hope you get your rightfully deserved full refund from this clinic and hopefully this forum and Melvin will help you with this. I am praying for your turn around , just know things will get better! 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Pluggy hairline with multies.  Bad FUT scar for only 500 grafts (should never have been done), among other issues.

If OP would have said “I paid 2k USD to have it done at x/y hairmill” we would have all told him what a mistake he made.

Instead this was at a forum recommended Doctore, who he paid top dollar for.

I’ve been advising people not to consider Dr. Diep, because he is nowhere near worth the money he charges (15k for this result?!).  I’m at a point though where honestly, if I had to, I’d rather have a procedure at a well know hairmill in Turkey than him, even if the hair mill was more expensive.

Unless this thread is shown to be false (looks very real to me) I don’t know what Diep is even doing here on the recommended list?  Maybe he used to be very professional.  But those days seem to be long gone.

• Like 3

Check out my journey here:

1 minute ago, Chetman2112 said:

@Melvin- Moderatorfor some reason your post asking to vote on removal of Diep is not working, when I go to your post it starts blinking and errors out, I vote to remove him now, it’s ridiculous that he is recommended on this forum. 

It was doing the same for me, I logged in and out and then changed from iPad to iPhone, I was then able to vote. 

• Like 1

There is unfortunately nth to add then all the experienced users mentioned before.

Literally ALL (!) is wrong here:

- Patient to young

- Strip for 550 grafts

- Hairline design poor

- angulation wrong

- depth wrong

- Poor selection of grafts

This is not a "poor result" which any clinic has, this is fraud and a botch job. I almost never give an advice to sue a clinic: this case is one of the few which deserves more than a refund. 

The only light at the end of the tunnel I see is, with the right clinic this can be rectified as the hairloss seems not too extrem. But it will take 2-3 procedures and cost a fortune. I advice to look of some of the latest Feriduni repairs in here. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...