Anyone try Happy Head?

Recently came across these products and haven't seen any talk about them yet. Seems like it could provide an easy and convenient resource for a topical finasteride + minoxidil solution, especially for those of us who cannot easily obtain topical finasteride through our local doctors. I believe you have an online consultation and then are approved to purchase your choice of products.

I'm particularly interested in trying the topical dutasteride + topical minoxidil + retinoic acid solution. Just wondered if anyone has tried these products yet, or would like to discuss the dosages and science of having multiple hair loss substances all in the same liquid solution.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

7 minutes ago, Westview said:

Is it legal for that site to be selling medicine without a prescription??

You get a prescription through online consultation with doctor in your home state (USA). Click on FAQ.

• Like 1

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

The doctor that owns it seems like a quack. They heavily advertise on Reddit which makes it seem scammy too. I think @Melvin- Moderatorgot his first transplant from that same doc and was not satisfied with his results.

personally I’d try to stick to more proven versions of fin and min

Yes, that’s true. I don’t know about this topical formula. Personally, I believe Xyon is more compelling with the siloxysystem gel that limits systemic absorption and stays active on the scalp. Ultimately, though, finasteride orally is just as good if you can tolerate it.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

30 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

They heavily advertise on Reddit which makes it seem scammy too

not sure how advertising on Reddit is scammy.... r/tressless and similar subreddits have a large audience of balding dudes. Companies should serve ads to their target audience, especially when they are on a hairloss subreddit and its on their mind. 

From a marketing POV I do I think "Happy Head" is a poor brand name. 

1 minute ago, HappyMan2021 said:

not sure how advertising on Reddit is scammy.... r/tressless and similar subreddits have a large audience of balding dudes. Companies should serve ads to their target audience, especially when they are on a hairloss subreddit and its on their mind. 

If you look at some of the other hair loss “remedies” marketed on Reddit then you’d understand 

A lotta blind skepticism so far. I’m really just interested in the actual solution. It’s finasteride and minoxidil, so pretty hard to go wrong as long as it is what it says it is. 

Says it also contains aloe to help soothe scalp for people who don’t like the way generic topical minoxidil and/or topical finasteride makes their scalp or hair feel.

I was about to go ahead and try it but the monthly price point is kind of expensive. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I’d say Hims and Keeps and Roman are pretty bland and uninteresting but hey they turned out pretty successful. 😂

Reddit reviews claim a lot of inconsistency from month to month solutions. Seems like some possible concerns with that. 

I just wondered about minoxidil and finasteride all together in one easy solution. I did just recently buy like 5 bottles of minoxidil though I guess I’ll be using those up for a while lol. 

Their topical is legitimate, Happy Head was started by Dr Sean Benham I believe. Many companies have sprung up to cash in on the topical finasteride bandwagon. The fact is the majority of men who opt for topical are those fearful of side effects rather than having actually experienced them. All topical formulations go systemic to a degree but  Xyon appear to be only company who have put innovation into reducing the systemic exposure. 

My two cents are: Try oral first, chances are you'll be fine. If not, go straight to Xyon as that will theoretically give you the best chance at tolerating it (which is meant to be the whole point of topical in the first place).

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 1

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Their topical is legitimate, Happy Head was started by Dr Sean Benham I believe. Many companies have sprung up to cash in on the topical finasteride bandwagon. The fact is the majority of men who opt for topical are those fearful of side effects rather than having actually experienced them. All topical formulations go systemic to a degree but  Xyon appear to be only company who have put innovation into reducing the systemic exposure. 

My two cents are: Try oral first, chances are you'll be fine. If not, go straight to Xyon as that will theoretically give you the best chance at tolerating it (which is meant to be the whole point of topical in the first place).

Agreed +1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Agreed +1

Lmao you keep saying xyon great and that I’m going to start yet you haven’t . Constant excuses when people ask you if your using it , saying you will start bla bla bla. How can you vouch.for something saying it’s so good when you don’t even use it. You fraud 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Hibye said:

Lmao you keep saying xyon great and that I’m going to start yet you haven’t . Constant excuses when people ask you if your using it , saying you will start bla bla bla. How can you vouch.for something saying it’s so good when you don’t even use it. You fraud 

Sukh123 7th account. 
image.gif

• Haha 1

View my thread

There’s nothing special about happyhead. The solution actually sounds like it’s over saturated with ingredients. There’s no tests showing efficacy. Also, the vehicle looks like nothing special so many of the ingredients will go systemic. 

What will you do when you’re on a trip and run out or if they change formulas?

• Like 1

I was using Happy Head for a while. I actually started the doctor’s solution even before the brand Happy Head. I started using it since I think 2016 or 2017. In my experience, it did work fine. My family noticed that my hair got thicker.

Now, I take oral minoxidil and finasteride since it’s much more convenient.  There was one problem that I found when using the solution. It made my hair sticky which made my hair appeared thinner.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I've been on oral fin + topical minoxidil for almost a year now. No problems with oral fin, so I'm thankful. I did obtain some oral min but decided not to begin taking it because I don't like the idea of fully systemic minoxidil and its effects on the heart and increased body hair overall. So for now I still apply topical min once every day. It's easy right now because I can still reach my scalp, but actually...when my hair grows out and if I want to keep it to some length, it will only be more difficult to get topical solution to the entirety of the scalp, so the less reliant I am on topical solutions, the better I guess.

Edited by general-etwan