HT #1: Dr. Resul Yaman 3050 Grafts. HT #2: Dr Michalis ~2700 grafts

Malledive

I plan a combination of HT and SMP in the longterm since I will be NW6/7. Will do another one for mid and crown ~6000 grafts with hair grafts and beard grafts in the next months then I should be good buzzing for the next 10 years

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I will have a 2nd HT ~3000 Grafts with Dr Michalis Georgiou in Cyprus next month for the mid scalp. Somewhat in the future a 3rd with beard grafts for the crown. Looking forward to share my experience since the doctor has not a lot of popularity here yet. 

@Jayhair Redness is gone. Cobblestoning has become less and less, however, still visible. 

This is the situation right now

IMG_0168.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

Edited by Malledive
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Malledive

I would like to say that I appreciate the topic you started.
Some criticized your approach so you had to explain that the topic was created for people like yourself, i.e. people who want to buzz their hair to a minimum.
I am also such a person, so I wanted to say that for me it makes sense and your post is valuable.

Thank you 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I just finished the HT with Dr. Michalis in Nicosia, Cyprus yesterday.

~2700 grafts were added to the mid-scalp region.

I must admit, superb treatment and very high-skilled technique. Only manual extraction over 2 days. He does all the work by himself - incisions, extraction, and even implementation (his only coworker helped him here).

In comparison to Dr Yaman/my first HT, the HT with Dr. Michalis had a completely different quality overall. Less painful anaesthetica injections, much much more sensible work when it comes to extractions and implementations.

I am kinda pissed, I listened to recommendations on this forum and went to Yaman. Dr. Michalis immediately noticed the 'damaged' donor with larger scarring that I got from doing the HT with Yaman.

So again, I would not recommend Yaman at all.

I attached pictures from donor and recipient area (day 1 major part (1500) of grafts implemented, and second day (1100).)

I paid 1,50€ per graft, however, he increased the price already to 1,80€ in Cyprus. You pay 2,50€ in Barcelona. He paid for hotel (common) and even the flights (up to 400€, uncommon)

Had a very pleasant time, there are only a few doctors who offer this quality of work for a price like this.

Am very very happy. I will give some monthly updates here, beware, I will start clipping my hair again after the first month ;)). Maaaaybe will let it grow out in winter, but as I said in the beginning, my goal was a stubbly 1-3mm look in combination with a HT since my donor hair is limited and I like my hair to be like this. I will let it grow out at some point just out of curiosity.

First two pics day 1, the rest is of today, which is 1 day after the HT

Best

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

IMG_0687.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

Edited by Malledive
  • Like 1
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

Dr michalis is ofcourse an experienced and skilful surgeon and a very good budget pick...

Your case will be a great help for others who are high nw patients and who want to keep a buzz cut ...will be following your journey closely ...happy growing and keep updating brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

11 hours ago, Malledive said:

Hello,

I must admit, superb treatment and very high-skilled technique. Only manual extraction over 2 days. He does all the work by himself - incisions, extraction, and even implementation (his only coworker helped him here).

In comparison to Dr Yaman/my first HT, the HT with Dr. had a completely different quality overall. Less painful anaesthetica injections, much much more sensible work when it comes to extractions and implementations.

I am kinda pissed, I listened to recommendations on this forum and went to Yaman. Dr. Michalis immediately noticed the 'damaged' donor with larger scarring that I got from doing the HT with Yaman.

I attached pictures from donor and recipient area (day 1 major part (1500) of grafts implemented, and second day (1100).)

I paid 1,50€ per graft, however, he increased the price already to 1,80€ in Cyprus. You pay 2,50€ in Barcelona. He paid for hotel (common) and even the flights (up to 400€, uncommon)

Had a very pleasant time, there are only a few doctors who offer this quality of work for a price like this.

Am very very happy. I will give some monthly updates here, beware, I will start clipping my hair again after the first month ;)). Maaaaybe will let it grow out in winter, but as I said in the beginning, my goal was a stubbly 1-3mm look in combination with a HT since my donor hair is limited and I like my hair to be like this. I will let it grow out at some point just out of curiosity.

Best

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

IMG_0687.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

the extraction looks so clean from Dr. Michalis. I have been telling several months that Yaman’s clinic is as bad as other hairmill. wonder how many patients he botches and ruins and never gets to hear about it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

the extraction looks so clean from Dr. Michalis. I have been telling several months that Yaman’s clinic is as bad as other hairmill. wonder how many patients he botches and ruins and never gets to hear about it.

Dr Michalis' work is always very clean.

My donor looked pretty tidy on the plane home after surgery. This was day 5.

IMG_20230717_082145.thumb.jpg.66b7fab5598dbb2e4fd213c77644760d.jpg

• Like 2

Day 6

Heals very nicely. Can only repeat myself - you can feel the difference in quality so much between Dr. Yaman's and Dr Michalis' work (ethics). 

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

The fact that Yaman is a "recommended doctor" in this forum, says it all about its credibility. One decent case for every 5 mediocre to bad results.

All the best with your new journey with dr. Michalis, in other forums he is well considered.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 5:53 AM, Malledive said:

Hello,

In comparison to Dr Yaman/my first HT, the HT with Dr. Michalis had a completely different quality overall. Less painful anaesthetica injections, much much more sensible work when it comes to extractions and implementations.

Best

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

IMG_0687.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

Hi bother I’m going to see him on Monday for 3000 grafts for zone A. Little nervous glad to see this post tho. 

Edited by Ollie Goodwin
Needed
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can only highly recommend to use saline water for a couple days after the HT. In comparison to the one before, so much better healing & less redness (my previous SMP helps here ofc, too) & now, day 7, a lot of scabs get off only by pouring warm water over my head. I'm very pleased, it is such a massive difference, am super impressed. 

Btw to all the peoples who wanted me to grow out the hair of the 1 HT - now is your chance - what do you think: how many grafts survived of the 3000 of Yaman? I feel like the hair at my front is kind of sparse, on the other hand, my hair is thin by nature.

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1389.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1419.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

• Al - Moderator changed the title to HT #1: Dr. Resul Yaman 3050 Grafts. HT #2: Dr Michalis ~2700 grafts
  • Moderators

I don't think it's fair to say Dr Yaman's work here is a botch job. All the hair grew in. The angles are all correct. There are no sections without hair. The hair is all evenly spaced out. It looks like decent work. The only thing I'd say is the donor could have been handled a bit better, but even that is not so bad.

Now certainly anyone can have a preference for one Dr over another. That's fair. No two are going to be totally equal. In fact even the same Dr won't always have same result. I'll agree that Dr Michalis's extractions here look cleaner than Dr Yaman's, but that doesn't make Dr Yamans suddenly become a botch job. As far as the pimples and cobblestoning I think much of that had to do with shaving/buzzing the hair down constantly while it was healing. Several people even mentioned that. I experienced that myself when using beard hair. If I shaved every day the area would get very irritated, but if I left it alone and let my bead grow, it would all clear up in a few days... until I started shaving it daily again. Over time it gets back to normal and I can shave every day without any issues, but it does take some time to get to that point. Anyway what I'm saying is I don't think you can really blame that on Dr Yaman either. Also you are comparing a one year result with a one week result. Let''s see how it all turns out before saying which one was better.

Now with that said, I do like what I see here from Dr Michalis, so I'll be watching the updates here and of course I hope it tuns out great.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

9 hours ago, Malledive said:

I can only highly recommend to use saline water for a couple days after the HT. In comparison to the one before, so much better healing & less redness (my previous SMP helps here ofc, too) & now, day 7, a lot of scabs get off only by pouring warm water over my head. I'm very pleased, it is such a massive difference, am super impressed. 

Btw to all the peoples who wanted me to grow out the hair of the 1 HT - now is your chance - what do you think: how many grafts survived of the 3000 of Yaman? I feel like the hair at my front is kind of sparse, on the other hand, my hair is thin by nature.

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1389.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1419.jpeg

Looks really good! Please coutinue to update! I´m going to Michalis next week

Day 9.

Everything heals so fast. I buzzed the hair gently down to 1.5. You will see that buzzing my hair correlates not at all to redness and pimples as many of you have suggested in my thread. It was only poor work by the Dr. before.

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did this doctor tell you it was ok to put clippers to your hair and shave it after 9 days?  

it seems that your skin healed when you let your hair grow and thus the irritation went away.  So it’s doubtful it would come back after just one shave/trim.

if you keep shaving/trimming it the way you do over the course of the next few weeks and the irritation doesn’t come back, then I think it might be fair to say there was an issue with the prior doctor.

If the bumps and irritation come back, maybe you should seriously consider giving the shaving/trimming a break as many others have suggested.

Edited by Shawnintheusa
  • Like 1

@wouldLikeMoreHair Started in the healing phase a couple of weeks after the first HT. It is still slightly visible but much less than before, i didn't use any treatment. I have literally zero healing issues after my 2. HT - so my only conclusion can be that the first HT was poor execution. 

Posted (edited)

Two weeks after HT. Very good healing process. You can see the larger scars from the overharvesting (punched grafts close to each other, hence scars merge to larger ones) at Yaman

IMG_1689.jpeg

IMG_1692.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

Edited by Malledive
  • Like 1

At Yaman you could see a strong border and overharvesting immediately after the operation and no soft singles were extracted from the neck.

Michalis works at a much higher level for almost the same money.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 7:30 PM, Ollie Goodwin said:

Hi bother I’m going to see him on Monday for 3000 grafts for zone A. Little nervous glad to see this post tho. 

Nothing to be nervous about, Michalis is a top shelf surgeon and Cyprus is great, just mind the sun outside:)

56 minutes ago, Broni said:

Nothing to be nervous about, Michalis is a top shelf surgeon and Cyprus is great, just mind the sun outside:)

Very true. it's a very relaxed and friendly environment. Most people agree the anaesthetic is the worst part of any transplant surgery. They inject section by section and use very small needles so it really reduces the discomfort. 

He's a top class surgeon and I'm sure he'll do a great job for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

5 weeks. All is going very well.

I can only highly suggest to compare both HT outcomes of both the doctors. As I said numerous times after the 1. HT - buzzing down my hair had literally zero effect on my skin. It was just the poor work - as it is now even more visible through the scarring especially at the borders. Doing the same buzzing procedure every 2-3 days. Thanks for the experience of getting mansplained tho

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

IMG_2200.jpeg

Edited by Malledive