HT #1: Dr. Resul Yaman 3050 Grafts. HT #2: Dr Michalis ~2700 grafts

Malledive

Why did you do a hair transplant ? There’s no point for a hair transplant if you completely shave your recipient area. You should do SMP not hair transplant. We can’t judge your result either and can’t say anything with a shaved head. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I was going through all your posts and am sorry that your are not in a good situation at the moment ...I won't ask you the same question all are asking about why you are not growing your hair as you already stated many times that you wanna keep the bald look and did ht just to make it look a bit natural and to combine it with smp...plus you are not asking for the opinion on result of a ht in terms of hair growth and just asking for the reason for cobblestoning and skin damage...

You tried the cream which dr yaman prescribed you bt it didn't work ...thn why didn't you consult a good surgeon who is assessable to you till now...imo you should quickly do that ...consult a good dermatologist and see what can be done ...best of luck and keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

As per graft survival, difficult to evaluate without before pics, but 3000 graft is a smaller amount for the large area covered. Transplant provides illusion of density which will not be there when hair is cut short unless you get very high-density transplant. The SMP is not helping much because of overall redness. I don't think you had graft survivability issue here.

But your skin redness and uneven texture is a real concern. I saw your pic after 40 days. It was more red than usual. Was is that you had a minor skin infection then which was not properly treated then.  I personally don't mind applying mild antibiotic ointment once a while to recipient area 4 weeks after transplant whenever I see too many pimple or redness.

You could be right about the incision being smaller than your hair caliber causing cobblestone but Dr Yaman being a good doctor, this is very unexpected.

Unfortunately I could tell from your first pictures that your donor was likely to be over harvested, and the recipient area was not looking quite correct.

Did the doctor do the whole procedure, or were technicians involved? 

On 7/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, asterix0 said:

Unfortunately I could tell from your first pictures that your donor was likely to be over harvested, and the recipient area was not looking quite correct.

Did the doctor do the whole procedure, or were technicians involved? 

I’ve been to yaman Clinic, he only does incision. Extraction and placement of grafts are all done by technicians. 

2 hours ago, Mr.potato said:

I’ve been to yaman Clinic, he only does incision. Extraction and placement of grafts are all done by technicians. 

That is always risky. You never know the credentials of the technicians, one would hope the Doctor trained them properly but still. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions how I can get rid off the cobblestoning? Every transplanted hair resulted in a small skin deformation. Yaman didn't help at all, he keeps suggesting steroid cream which does not help.

In looks horrible in broad light. 

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5590.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

6 hours ago, Malledive said:

Any suggestions how I can get rid off the cobblestoning? Every transplanted hair resulted in a small skin deformation. Yaman didn't help at all, he keeps suggesting steroid cream which does not help.

In looks horrible in broad light. 

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5590.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

I hate to echo what everyone else has said, but I think the only way might be to stop shaving. I stopped shaving my head 1.5 months ago in preparation for my 2nd HT and my cobblestoning went away completely. Mine would flare up at times and I’ve had zero issues since I stopped shaving. Seems like you’re pretty set on a buzz cut. Maybe give it some time between cuts? 

Appreciate your consistency with documenting your journey and sorry to see you've been unhappy with the pending results.

That said, you keep complaining/asking about how to prevent the cobble stoning and mostly everyone has suggested you grow out your hair/stop the constant shaving to which you refuse to even humor. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, but maybe after all this time you should maybe try something new? Don't shave for 1 or 2 months and see if the cobble stoning improves.

@MFR84 has given a firsthand account on how the cobble stonning went away once he stopped shaving...maybe it's time to take everyone's suggestion???

• Like 1

Slowly reaching the 1 year mark (End of October), hence in the 9th month atm. 

I took some pictures with flashlight so that you can see the amount of hair /cm2, the quality of the hair, the donor etc.

Left side lacks still behind - hopefully, the hair will become thicker

Do you think it is actually enough hair to give a somewhat dense look? I'd rather have it buzzed than comping over

IMG_5861.png

IMG_5860.png

IMG_5859.png

IMG_5857.jpeg

IMG_5856.jpeg

IMG_5855.jpeg

IMG_5853.jpeg

IMG_5858.png

IMG_5854.jpeg

IMG_5852.jpeg

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

I suspect that when grown, the hairline and midscalp will give a reasonable amount of coverage (and not require a comb over). However, it's hard to tell since you cannot really judge the thickness of your hair with it being so short. I'm assuming you have relatively fine hair?

However, the vertex is noticeably less dense since you didn't have hairs implanted there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is how it looks 'in the wild' aka outdoors // in the train rn. Seems all good, can't really tell how many grafts did grow // whether it really were 3050 in the first place. But feels like quite a few.

IMG_6328.jpeg

IMG_6327.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

10. Month. 

Went to Yaman End of October. So almost 1 year. Hair thickening, but left side still lacking behind. Still cobblestoning. 

What do you think how much % of 3000 grafts is that?

IMG_7538.jpeg

IMG_7537.jpeg

IMG_7536.jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7533.jpeg

IMG_7532.jpeg

IMG_7531.jpeg

IMG_7528.jpeg

IMG_7526.jpeg

IMG_7525.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

As others have said. It’s hard to tell how effective the transplant has been until you grow it out. It looks like the SMP you had done previously comes down past the HT hairline….. any reason you didn’t get Yaman to drop the hairline a little lower to match.  The SMP hairline also looks like it’s a bit wonky (not symmetrica). 

when do you plan to grow this out? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There’s definitely growth, looks like the front is a lot thicker. Ultimately, the best option is to grow it out to get more illusion of density. If you plan on buzzing your head, opt for smp instead of a HT. In my opinion, getting an HT to buzz is a waste. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.