HT #1: Dr. Resul Yaman 3050 Grafts. HT #2: Dr Michalis ~2700 grafts

Malledive

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, no offense taken. You are right, you can not really tell from these pictures how much progress I made. Will upload some close ups in the future.

I keep my head shaved since I already got a SMP before the HT and the HT was only done to get a more realistic looking front area that was thinning out a lot. Never planned to let my hair grow out again more than 1 or 2mm. 

I will make some high resolution close up pictures that will probably show the progress. 

• Like 1

One of the main recommendations post HT is to NOT shave your recipient area for 6 months in order to avoid damaging grafts. It's possible that the 'bumpiness' that you mention is a result of skin irritation due to the constant shaving. Looks like a normal buzzcut if we are not nitpicking though. A bit confused why you didn't go the SMP path all the way but I guess you have your reasons.

Overall, from the current pics, you look like an 'impossible to tell if their hair is thinning or not' buzzcut dude and the shape of your head is well suited to the look. 

• Like 1

I mean, I don't razor shave just very gently with a clipper to 1mm every 2-3 days..

So my plan is to wait until I made it to 12 months, then I will get a SMP touch up for the donor + recipient area. I had the SMP almost 4 years ago, you can see the contrast between the top of my head and the sides due to the fading. I hope that after the touch-up it looks like a buzz cut without the color difference. 

Close-ups attached.

IMAGE 2023-02-24 11:29:30.jpg

IMAGE 2023-02-24 11:29:31.jpg

IMAGE 2023-02-24 11:29:33.jpg

697AB50E-BEEF-4DEE-A58C-FA00925A20ED.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I finish the 5 months soon. Next month will be the 6 month after the HT at Yaman. Still reddish and sensitive, however, my biggest concern is cobblestoning - can you guys tell from my pictures whether that might be the case?

Almost every transplanted hair resulted in a little bumpy scar that is still very visible in the sunlight, I am really concerned that it might not go away. Since I want to buzz my head that would be super frustrating + I'd be very pissed off ngl :((

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.40.58.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.41.41.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.42.09.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.42.29.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.42.39.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.42.51.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.43.06.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.43.20.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.53.16.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.53.31.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 09.53.47.png

Edited by Malledive

You should let your hair to grow. No one can judge either the recipient or the donor with a shaved head. Plus you should not use clippers on the recipient area until month 6-7. But you use clippers like every 3 days. No one does a hair transplant to shave his head so I can’t really understand what’s going on here. 

• Like 5

Using clippers doesn't do anything bad to the skin imo. I use it very gentle and carefully and cut down to 1mm so the skin is not penetrated at all. Also, I am asking for a judgement regarding the cobblestoning which is absolutely not related to applying clippers from time to time. Even with buzzing down you can see the progress of the HT - only because someone didn't do it before, doesn't mean that I am not supposed to do it like this, come on, why are we even arguing? I just want to show the results of the HT here for people like me who enjoy a buzzed head.  

Edited by Malledive

your recipient area is really irritated either due to shaving it, exposure to sunlight or folliculitis, I also see that your SMP has slightly changd texture, you need to contact your doctor or a dermatologist to arrange this as soon as possible. These pimples are normal until max 4 months but at 5th month is really uncommon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still fighting with pimples at the donor area and some kind of cobblestoning at the recipient area. In general, a lot of hair has grown and it looks good when I shave it down to 0.5-1mm. However, the scarring at the the back/donor is very visible. I have hoped that this would have been less noticeable. 

1D5DA064-DCE7-4E0A-98FE-CCE57FAA4804.jpeg

036182C8-0524-45A1-91D9-542EECC3A4AF.jpeg

D4ECAA0C-71D7-4B6F-8AF9-8B858CEBA639.jpeg

05E1692B-7E40-4DE2-84CA-63BFC41FA32D.png

0C5F3F3A-440B-4CDE-9C3C-57320AE518D3.png

Edited by Malledive

Fue method in not scareless. If you shave your donor, then its normal that you will see dots from fue punch..I think its not so visible, it could be even more.

Your result seems to be good, but we can't judge it with a shaved head.

On 2/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Mo83 said:

That’s going to be interesting. I hardly have never seen someone with a buzzed cut for a long time after a ht. I am looking forward to see how it looks like after a year.

ever heard of the famous footballer david silva? he did the same thing

tbhi will probably do the same bc you wont see much in the first 6 months anyways, it wont look good even grown out and with lay over effect

I think the combination of hairtransplant and micropigmentation is genius if you keep your hair short. Gives the illusion of full density plus feeling of having buzzed hair - ideal when your reserves are limited or you have to fall back to body hair

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 6:59 AM, MasonThera said:

Hey do you have any updates? I also went to Yaman and have similar ridging and tenting.

I’m looking at going to Dr Yaman, but unsure , how was your journey ? And how’s it looking with the ridging and tenting?

On 5/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, MasonThera said:

Hey do you have any updates? I also went to Yaman and have similar ridging and tenting.

Hey,

yes, still ridging and tenting. Yaman's support Team @WhastApp only told me to use some steroid cream which obviously didn't help. I guess they did some technicals mistakes when transplanting the hair grafts or when making the incisions (i.e. too small for the size of the transplanted grafts). I am not quite sure whether 90%+ of the 3000 grafts have been transplanted successfully.

I don't really see that amount of grafts at my head - what is your opinion regarding that? 

Plus some multiples in the hairline +, which is the most annoying part, the ridging/cobblestoning/tenting. However, you can only see it under harsh lightning in a specific angle. 

I am in particular disappointed because I explicitly told them that I am going to shave my hair so that I can combine it with microhairpigmentation. 

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

• Administrators

Hard to judge shaved, have you considered letting it grow?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Actually, I don't. However, I am thinking about getting a 2nd one with 2000-3000 beard grafts + some of my back for the middle scalp / crown. The hair is super weak and sparse there at the moment and I can not really let it grow out like this. 

• 3 weeks later...

The skin still looks very damaged, still bumples or cobblestoning. I don't know where to go from here. Yaman suggested stereoid cream, that did not help. 

Also, the left side lacks growth compared to the right one. In terms of growth in general, I do not really see 90%+ of 3000 grafts. What is your evaluation?

IMG_3717.png

IMG_3716.png

IMG_3715.png

IMG_3720.jpeg

Edited by Malledive