Why do surgeons transplant these spots under a the hairline

Is this you, or a picture you found online? If it's you, did you ask the surgeon about it? 

I would imagine that they're wanting to make it look more natural and not so linear, buuuuut... This isn't that. This looks oddly very linear and unnatural, and also very evenly spaced out, so I'm not sure what they were going for with this. (I also don't recall seeing it ever done like this, and it doesn't seem ideal if I'm being honest.) 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

15 minutes ago, pkipling said:

Is this you, or a picture you found online? If it's you, did you ask the surgeon about it? 

I would imagine that they're wanting to make it look more natural and not so linear, buuuuut... This isn't that. This looks oddly very linear and unnatural, and also very evenly spaced out, so I'm not sure what they were going for with this. (I also don't recall seeing it ever done like this, and it doesn't seem ideal if I'm being honest.) 

This is a picture that I have found on a recent journey post here. I have seen a few surgeons doing this same pattern.

Edited by Blane123

1 hour ago, Blane123 said:

Some times surgeons may transplant a few grafts under the hairline like here:

image.thumb.jpeg.0336b5033cd7d93749ab67993e3f5bb0.jpeg

Why is that?

If it's that line of evenly spaced out red dots, i don't think they're grafts, but anaesthetic spots where they injected. 

The other thing about the actual hairline is the grafts at the bottom look like they're trying to create an irregular hairline but it seems too regular.

• Like 1

Zigzags finish are for natural result, but should be made in correct way.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Indeed anesthetic sites, but way to big needles used imo. Should never see the spot where it’s injected. Proof of immature and unskilled use of instructions. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

Indeed anesthetic sites, but way to big needles used imo. Should never see the spot where it’s injected. Proof of immature and unskilled use of instructions. 

That’s a very broad and inaccurate generalization to make. 

Honestly, I don’t believe that hairs have been transplanted there. Or somebody else suggested they were likely injection sites for the anesthetic.  In order to prevent you from feeling any pain in all areas of the scalp, the appropriate nerve endings must be numbed. In order to do that, injection site must be made in various parts of scalp including the forehead.

so in my opinion, this is not transplanting hair that you see but injection site for the local anesthetic.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:08 AM, shiba1985 said:

That’s a very broad and inaccurate generalization to make. 

Well, you won't see these in any reputable clinic. Says a lot if someone used this big needles for just anesthesia. Definitely proof of  an amteur imo. One should use instruments that are meant for the purpose they made for. 

• Like 1

I just learned something new about these being injection sites - though I still don't recall ever seeing anything like them, or why these are so prominent.

I'm mostly relieved that those aren't a straight line of evenly spaced single grafts across the forehead!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56