Could Nadal's hair be salvaged? How many grafts would he need?

Ronnieman

Tennis great Rafael Nadal has been balding for a decade, and in the last couple of years it's gotten pretty bad. 

I'm not sure where he is on the Norwood scale, but his lack of density at the top is painfully obvious. 

I believe he had a transplant a few years ago, but it either failed or he's proceeded to thin badly.

Also, I think athletes aren't allowed to take medication like Finasteride (probably why Lebron's hair looks so bad even after so many transplants).

He'll probably retire in the next year or two, so the question is- 

Can his hair return to a decent level with another HT plus medication?

If so, how many grafts would it take? Somewhere in the 8000-1000 range? His doner area looks good.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

nadal.jpg

Nadal 2.png

nadal 3.jpg

nadal 4.jpg

nadal 5.png

nadal 6.png

Edited by Ronnieman

Anyone who has enough money and donor, and is willing to stay on DHT meds can be fully restored. 

There is also the realistic possibility that Nadal simply is not bothered enough by his hairloss or doesn't want to deal with the stress of a hair transplant. 

If Nadal was seriously bothered with his hairloss, maybe he would wear a wig like Andre Agassi did in his heyday. 

Screenshot (28).png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 11/10/2022 at 4:58 AM, Ronnieman said:

Tennis great Rafael Nadal has been balding for a decade, and in the last couple of years it's gotten pretty bad. 

I'm not sure where he is on the Norwood scale, but his lack of density at the top is painfully obvious. 

I believe he had a transplant a few years ago, but it either failed or he's proceeded to thin badly.

Also, I think athletes aren't allowed to take medication like Finasteride (probably why Lebron's hair looks so bad even after so many transplants).

He'll probably retire in the next year or two, so the question is- 

Can his hair return to a decent level with another HT plus medication?

If so, how many grafts would it take? Somewhere in the 8000-1000 range? His doner area looks good.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

nadal.jpg

Nadal 2.png

nadal 3.jpg

nadal 4.jpg

nadal 5.png

nadal 6.png

I'm fairly certain he had an HT with Dr. Cuoto. I have a feeling he suffers from DUPA, which is why the HT wasn't successful. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'm fairly certain he had an HT with Dr. Cuoto. I have a feeling he suffers from DUPA, which is why the HT wasn't successful. 

Yes, It's all over the place.

Which is the same reason why the combover seems to work a little bit for him.

I hope he has another transplant and can do enough with his hair to at least have some coverage. I think he's in trouble though and will have to shave it off by his early 40s

Edited by Ronnieman

As far as im concerned his first HT was in a bad spanish clinic, not sure about the second, or if ever (source: spanish hl forums)

He is basically f!cked at point of no return atm.

It hurts to see when someone so tightly linked to hair all his life his body self image get destroyed (he always was the "long hair tennis kid"). He clearly doesn't like it, because he usually hides it with caps and hats and won't shave.

Of course he should have never done that HT at a bad clinic and rape his donor for nothing with no medication!

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

22 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Rafa Nadal underwent surgery at the Menorca clinic in Madrid (aesthetic surgery clinic), they say they have put 4000 grafts on him and they did not shave him, with extensive diffuse hair loss.

The clinic advertised it everywhere, because they wanted to promote HT in the clinic with the Nadal procedure, I think I read that the owner of the clinic, Dr. Ángel Martín, has good contacts in the world of sports entertainment, there are photos on the web with many of them in his own house, even with Rafa.

It is known that after that failed procedure he went to visit Couto looking to fix it, but Couto told him that there was nothing to do, because he did not have enough donors to even improve it a little.

Nadal never had a procedure with Couto, and I really don't know if he had a DUPA or not.

https://www.marca.com/2015/05/04/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1430762967.html

https://www.marca.com/tiramillas/actualidad/2017/01/04/586cf170e2704ea6548b4650.html

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RMancini said:

Rafa Nadal underwent surgery at the Menorca clinic in Madrid (aesthetic surgery clinic), they say they have put 4000 grafts on him and they did not shave him, with extensive diffuse hair loss.

The clinic advertised it everywhere, because they wanted to promote HT in the clinic with the Nadal procedure, I think I read that the owner of the clinic, Dr. Ángel Martín, has good contacts in the world of sports entertainment, there are photos on the web with many of them in his own house, even with Rafa.

It is known that after that failed procedure he went to visit Couto looking to fix it, but Couto told him that there was nothing to do, because he did not have enough donors to even improve it a little.

Nadal never had a procedure with Couto, and I really don't know if he had a DUPA or not.

https://www.marca.com/2015/05/04/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1430762967.html

https://www.marca.com/tiramillas/actualidad/2017/01/04/586cf170e2704ea6548b4650.html

Thanks for the correction. I thought I had seen a picture with him and Dr. Cuoto, but I can't find it anymore. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Man, he’s still going down hill. Brutal and only serves to highlight the importance of getting it right first time.

IMG_5175.jpeg

made worse by the fact he's next to djokovics thick seal pelt of a head of hair

It is crazy a guy with Nadal's resources and importance to keep his appearance did not go to a top clinic. He could have easily skipped the waiting list by paying more $ at any of the top doctors.

45 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

It is crazy a guy with Nadal's resources and importance to keep his appearance did not go to a top clinic. He could have easily skipped the waiting list by paying more $ at any of the top doctors.

or Jeff Bezos...not everyone wants to be on meds for life tho

5 minutes ago, BaldDude said:

or Jeff Bezos...not everyone wants to be on meds for life tho

He probably could have gone a long time without being on meds, but nevertheless, to him $10k vs $50k is pocket change, especially for getting the procedure right and preserving his donor for future work. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, asterix0 said:

I agree.

Lets be completely real here, someone like Nadal could have surgery tomorrow with Konior, Zarev, Cuoto or any of the top dogs if he wanted to

Whenever I see mega rich/successful people with bad hair, i assume 

A) they dont care enough about it to do anything. Baldness doesnt affect their life (Bezos)

or 

B) they experience bad sexual side effects on meds and/or they have already lost so much hair that sadly all the money in the world still wouldnt be a good ROI for a hair transplant

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 2/25/2024 at 4:49 AM, ScottishGuy21 said:

Man, he’s still going down hill. Brutal and only serves to highlight the importance of getting it right first time.

IMG_5175.jpeg

He went to Couto one of the best. Unfortunately, I doubt he’s on medication. Some people are just poor candidates for surgery period.

View my thread

Looks like he went to a bad spanish clinic according to spanish people themselves. To the contrarian belief people with money don't make the best choices at all. They are often not well informed and just follow their friends/connections trusting their words.

Lots of celebrities with botched surgeries to be honest.

On 2/26/2024 at 6:59 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

He went to Couto one of the best. Unfortunately, I doubt he’s on medication. Some people are just poor candidates for surgery period.

As was mentioned previously here and in many other forums, Nadal did not have a surgery with Couto, but in Clinica Menorca (I do not know the doctor).

• 1 month later...

Rafa Nadal had his surgery at Clinica Menorca with a renown doctor among famous people in Spain. Dr Angel Martin, the doctor of some of the greatest football players and other famous athletes like Casillas, Ronaldo, Figo...

image.png.34ab6ce2aa05030c54d2801227faadf3.png
image.png.b1042aa34720cb2ad79769448895bc6b.png

image.thumb.png.ee5badf091f24461a469b6e4b6069b72.png