3months post Eugenix repair

Tommy1991

• Administrators

I think these repairs are difficult, they’re not starting from a clean slate. You already had an unnatural hairline with multis in it. You can either extract those grafts, which will show scarring, or you can try and camouflage it with more hair.

A repair case is never going to look as good as a virgin case. That’s why it’s important to choose the right clinic the first time. It sounds like you’re no longer confident in the clinic, so probably best to go elsewhere, though, keep in mind, the previous poor work will be extremely difficult to completely camouflage unless it’s removed. 

Best of luck,

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think these repairs are difficult, they’re not starting from a clean slate. You already had an unnatural hairline with multis in it. You can either extract those grafts, which will show scarring, or you can try and camouflage it with more hair.

A repair case is never going to look as good as a virgin case. That’s why it’s important to choose the right clinic the first time. It sounds like you’re no longer confident in the clinic, so probably best to go elsewhere, though, keep in mind, the previous poor work will be extremely difficult to completely camouflage unless it’s removed. 

Best of luck,

Absolutely agree and they are the facts.

Thanks!

• Valued Contributor

Is this the bit you're referring to? Are these grafts mis-angled from your first botched surgery or are they this way because you push them over as a style choice? 

Whilst it doesn't look as soft as in nature, it doesn't look "extremely' unnatural by any means, and at least now blends better post the Eugenix surgery.

That said, the only way you'd have gotten a really natural blend would have been to have taken the hairline back up to close to wherever it sat before your first surgery. Difficult to explain why in just words, but basically you had two choices: take everything back up, or work with the existing hairline and soften it and pad it out, which is what you went for. There was always going to be some compromises along the way. Maybe some of those problem grafts could have been debulked through targeted extraction in that temple corner to attempt to soften it a bit more, but the blend would never be perfect because the lower tdown the temple point you go, the softer the hairs. So if the hairline is brought down as much as it had been, then the thicker hairs will connect in the newly former temple corner with the softer hairs, which will create a bit of a contrast. The other option is to rebuild the temple points to match, but that would have been a mental thing to do in your case.

But I might be misunderstanding exactly what you see the issue as, so apologies if that's the case.

image.jpeg.65e7bc2152913c477339078b21df93c6.jpeg

I think the truth of the matter is Eugenix is continuing to prioritize quantity over quality and are trending in the direction of a turkish hair mill. 

For you to pay an expensive price for the premium package under supervision of Dr. Arika and to be thrown to the techs after an extremely short consultation and planning stage is unacceptable and ridiculous. 

IMO, Eugenix should only be considered if you are a very high norwood and can get in writing that Arika or Sethi will be doing the surgeries when you pay the premium. Dr. Das has had some very questionable results, as well as other "senior" doctors. 

Which at this point, it seems like even when you pay for the premium package, they won't do because they are scaling their operations just like a turkish hair mill. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m seeing the exact same issues as you see unfortunately. Multis in the hairline, strange angles in the right frontotemporal angle. Lowering of the hairline when you said not to. Failing to fill in that thin patch at the right of the hairline an inch or so back.

The macro shape is nice. The yield is good. You have a great head of hair. It looks fantastic in some photos. 

But your concerns are valid.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I’m seeing the exact same issues as you see unfortunately. Multis in the hairline, strange angles in the right frontotemporal angle. Lowering of the hairline when you said not to. Failing to fill in that thin patch at the right of the hairline an inch or so back.

The macro shape is nice. The yield is good. You have a great head of hair. It looks fantastic in some photos. 

But your concerns are valid.

Yes some angles the hair looks great.
a simple side view should look okay and not something that is glaringly obvious upon a glance.

adding density itself is not a repair. 

purely believe it is down to the time and consideration that was given (at least in my case).

Edited by Tommy1991

On 3/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, Berba11 said:

Is this the bit you're referring to? Are these grafts mis-angled from your first botched surgery or are they this way because you push them over as a style choice? 

Whilst it doesn't look as soft as in nature, it doesn't look "extremely' unnatural by any means, and at least now blends better post the Eugenix surgery.

That said, the only way you'd have gotten a really natural blend would have been to have taken the hairline back up to close to wherever it sat before your first surgery. Difficult to explain why in just words, but basically you had two choices: take everything back up, or work with the existing hairline and soften it and pad it out, which is what you went for. There was always going to be some compromises along the way. Maybe some of those problem grafts could have been debulked through targeted extraction in that temple corner to attempt to soften it a bit more, but the blend would never be perfect because the lower tdown the temple point you go, the softer the hairs. So if the hairline is brought down as much as it had been, then the thicker hairs will connect in the newly former temple corner with the softer hairs, which will create a bit of a contrast. The other option is to rebuild the temple points to match, but that would have been a mental thing to do in your case.

But I might be misunderstanding exactly what you see the issue as, so apologies if that's the case.

image.jpeg.65e7bc2152913c477339078b21df93c6.jpeg

Some of these grafts were from original transplant. 
some were to be removed and area behind reinforced to create a blend. 

As of today the blend is the opposite way around (thick on the temporal angle and decreases with recession) which is not natural at all. At least on the pre repair photo it looked like diffused thinning, no one ever even questioned it. 

8 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

You misunderstood, I’m not saying I’m having the same issues with my hairline. I’m just saying that I’m noticing the same issues with your hair that you notice.

Yes thanks, noted! 

On 3/24/2023 at 3:57 PM, BaldingEagle1 said:

I think you're expecting perfection, when even those in like middle school have unique hair styles.

I do think its unrealistic for you to expect that type of perfection, but I sure hope you come close to it :)

good luck, OP!

I suppose people who would not be able to yield as good a coverage would deem my requests as perfection. 

Given the number of issues I have described in this thread, it is far from perfection!!

I feel so sorry for you man. I also have had a failed HT 1,5 years ago. Just as you I went to a renowned surgeon to get the job done. 

I can only imagine how crappy it feels to have another HT that is not according to your desires. 

I'm almost at 4,5 months in and I see very little improvement. But the doctor said it will only start growing right about now, so I should see massive improvements the coming weeks. 

But there is just massive fear that it will not be good enough, because it has failed once before. Same with you, you just hope things will get better, but deep inside you know things have not gone as you wanted them to go. 

What will you do next? Will you get another free touch up? It's very frustrating to go through this again... 

15 hours ago, Pubichair said:

I feel so sorry for you man. I also have had a failed HT 1,5 years ago. Just as you I went to a renowned surgeon to get the job done. 

I can only imagine how crappy it feels to have another HT that is not according to your desires. 

I'm almost at 4,5 months in and I see very little improvement. But the doctor said it will only start growing right about now, so I should see massive improvements the coming weeks. 

But there is just massive fear that it will not be good enough, because it has failed once before. Same with you, you just hope things will get better, but deep inside you know things have not gone as you wanted them to go. 

What will you do next? Will you get another free touch up? It's very frustrating to go through this again... 

Being totally honest, I am not after free touch ups at all, I just wanted the job done right, which does not mean perfect. There is just way too many mishaps in my case from this repair. I will not be having a touch up at Eugenix, I highlighted earlier in the thread, it is still far more extensive than a touch up. If there were touch ups needed, of course I would return to Eugenix. The issue now is, I have denser packing to the area and it is slightly lowered with those single haired grafts, the thinned area behind the transpanted region, the right hand temple, the multis in the left hand hairline.  I have pure and utter frustration with the clinic and the fact Dr Arika has not attended a call since speaks volumes. They have offered a touch up, I have asked for the plan of this, they will not provide.

It is fine for these Eugenix patient flagship carriers who are documenting their whole experience, get 100% full attention, which is all publicity. That is not the case for majority of patients, I have been dealing with people with zero competence.

example: I spent 20minutes on a call with the post care team about how Eugenix did not miss a thinned area behind the transplanted hair (they continued to show photos from the front, rather than a downward shot)....

Example: A post care doctors response to my concerns, "await 12months sir, do not be so depressed", of course I gave him a good answer. Raising genuine concerns is now a state of "depression" according to some.

I would like to have it looking better and something that will mature with age. I will need to discuss with some other doctors what they can do for me. So back to the research table.

I have seen many repairs by Dr Arika, that are of a very good standard, I do not consider mine a good standard for the reasons in this thread.

From my firsthand experience, it is just a hair mill. Do not forget they are scaling up their operations also, which can only lead to one thing.

Thank you & I wish you good luck with your results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

Dear @Tommy1991

Certainly corrective surgeries can be tricky, but not impossible. Dr Arika has shown promising results and results may vary from patient to patient, yes, we do suggest patients to wait till 12 months as the transplanted hair goes through the normal hair cycle.

The post-surgery care team member had a detailed call with you regarding the issues that you're facing. We have messaged you for a video consultation with Dr. Arika also, please let us know a convenient time for Monday.

Regards, 
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 3:44 AM, Tommy1991 said:

Being totally honest, I am not after free touch ups at all, I just wanted the job done right, which does not mean perfect. There is just way too many mishaps in my case from this repair. I will not be having a touch up at Eugenix, I highlighted earlier in the thread, it is still far more extensive than a touch up. If there were touch ups needed, of course I would return to Eugenix. The issue now is, I have denser packing to the area and it is slightly lowered with those single haired grafts, the thinned area behind the transpanted region, the right hand temple, the multis in the left hand hairline.  I have pure and utter frustration with the clinic and the fact Dr Arika has not attended a call since speaks volumes. They have offered a touch up, I have asked for the plan of this, they will not provide.

It is fine for these Eugenix patient flagship carriers who are documenting their whole experience, get 100% full attention, which is all publicity. That is not the case for majority of patients, I have been dealing with people with zero competence.

example: I spent 20minutes on a call with the post care team about how Eugenix did not miss a thinned area behind the transplanted hair (they continued to show photos from the front, rather than a downward shot)....

Example: A post care doctors response to my concerns, "await 12months sir, do not be so depressed", of course I gave him a good answer. Raising genuine concerns is now a state of "depression" according to some.

I would like to have it looking better and something that will mature with age. I will need to discuss with some other doctors what they can do for me. So back to the research table.

I have seen many repairs by Dr Arika, that are of a very good standard, I do not consider mine a good standard for the reasons in this thread.

From my firsthand experience, it is just a hair mill. Do not forget they are scaling up their operations also, which can only lead to one thing.

Thank you & I wish you good luck with your results.

To be honest if I had your results and was as dissatisfied as you seem to be, I would not return to Eugenix either. If this was with a different doctor/clinic, people would be all over this thread telling you the same thing. Sure, maybe this time they would pay extra attention to you, but that should have been done the first time, especially when you paid 2-3x? more for an exclusive package with more doctor involvement...

Edited by Berik
  • Like 2

It's not the worst result, but it's far from the best and honestly, if mine turns out looking like that I would not rest until I had it corrected.

It irks me when so many people say "it looks great!" just to appear "nice" when it's obvious you had work done. Lying isn't nice - you need honesty. Maybe they just don't have an eye for detail or they're intentionally lying.

It's probably not so noticeable in person, but I bet if people happened to stare at your hairlin for a period of time, subconsciously they would recognise something was not 100%.

The right hand corner looks slightly too rounded to me, the hairline is too low in comparison to the density and the left hand looks pluggy in places.

It's also true that I have been staring at results and hairlines for the past year or so, but I could ask other people for their opinion and see what they say.

Edited by TheManeMan
  • Like 1

There’s a trade off when a clinic gets popular. Do they maximise the financial input and rely more on techs or turn away business?

Over reliance on inexperienced techs coupled with diminishing involvement of Drs sadly only hinders the end result. I really hope this isn’t happening here 🙁

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

To be honest, I don't see much difference. 

I think it’s a shocking repair. Hardly any graft extraction or corrections to any area I addressed.

hairline is way off… really really poor. 

Seems like my concerns were completely disregarded. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

I think it’s a shocking repair. Hardly any graft extraction or corrections to any area I addressed.

hairline is way off… really really poor. 

Seems like my concerns were completely disregarded. 

I’m really sorry.

• 1 month later...

A little over 10months post repair now. Different lighting and all that!

At this point we all know where I stand on the issues that are clearly not improving.

I would definitely avoid Eugenix for repairs at all costs based on my experience and don’t read too much into those folks with their Eugenix Pom poms. 

4BDE16E0-BB3A-471B-99E7-8EEF383F6653.jpeg

B7C2DA1D-A671-46C5-BEDA-6B3CD0B09D19.jpeg

A50D4EBC-E447-48FF-A4F6-622A07986FDA.jpeg

19E92975-36DA-48E7-B924-EF6176D78351.jpeg

90359987-D6CD-4469-BDA9-3E03BCBE228E.jpeg

A10E781D-9685-4301-B770-64600778BB3D.jpeg

0A09EAB4-C157-4235-80D2-4FF09D3A0A47.jpeg

1050AAFF-4716-4EAE-8D2B-71DB51665B00.jpeg

AC0CC592-2DAE-4091-A426-2A8881A91D51.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just coming up post 11months.

Got my hair cut to grade 8 on top today.

Some photos of the left hand side of the hairline as I don’t think I focused on this previously. 

The photos speak for themselves. Need not say anymore other than a complete waste of my time, investment and my money with Eugenix and Dr Arika. 

IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0393.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg