3months post Eugenix repair

Tommy1991

On 2/9/2023 at 11:22 PM, Tommy1991 said:

It’s pretty much the same as before and right after the surgery. I really don’t see any major difference.

only difference is my hair is much longer now.

I still stand by what I said in the thread a few months ago, it should have been lightly packed.

here is just the right hand side for now. 

4D56FC1B-203D-4B75-8DD2-A54D44A08791.thumb.jpeg.e26c9d9aee3b1156327891c9f13d2c03.jpegA38C9096-5112-49FF-98E5-40A4E0707A0A.thumb.jpeg.7df641063673832c8bd999871135bdc5.jpeg

Agree with you. Should have been an easy fix with 100 or so grafts in that area.

Have you reached out to Eugenix? If so, have they given you any assurances? 

• Like 1

Dear @Tommy1991

Our team has been closely monitoring your progress, and we believe it would be beneficial to have additional photos of your scalp from different angles for evaluation. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality care, and these photos will help us achieve that goal.

We can connect on a video call and discuss your concerns. please feel free send us a personalized message or connect to our post-surgery care team for a preferred dates or time for a video call, and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. 

Best regards,

Eugenix Hair Sciences

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Dear @Tommy1991

Our team has been closely monitoring your progress, and we believe it would be beneficial to have additional photos of your scalp from different angles for evaluation. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality care, and these photos will help us achieve that goal.

We can connect on a video call and discuss your concerns. please feel free send us a personalized message or connect to our post-surgery care team for a preferred dates or time for a video call, and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. 

Best regards,

Eugenix Hair Sciences

Thank you kindly! I have been in touch with the clinic and both agreed it’s predominantly reasonable to wait until 12months post surgery. 

On 2/13/2023 at 11:17 PM, BaldV said:

The gap was obviously not shock loss and for a clinic of that level it is inexcusable to leave it unattended, it shows a low level of attention to the patient, the only acceptable next move would be a free procedure to cover it.

Totally agree, it is inexcusable for sure. 
It is something that was very obvious from pre and post surgery photos it definitely was not shock loss. 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:16 AM, Z-- said:

Agree with you. Should have been an easy fix with 100 or so grafts in that area.

Have you reached out to Eugenix? If so, have they given you any assurances? 

Eugenix standard response at this point is “doctors evaluation, everything is on track”. With this response I just will wait the 12months.

Edited by Tommy1991

• Administrators

Home run 🤩

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:17 AM, Gatsby said:

At six months this is really starting to fill in. 👌

Sure agreed!
I’m a little concerned about the development of the RH temple and the naturalness of the blend with the existing native hair. however, another 6-7 months of progress to go! 

• Well Done 1

• 2 weeks later...

After getting my hair cut today I thought I’d give you guys an update on those gaps behind the transplanted hair and some other concerns. 

I would say it’s predominantly clear at this point that it was not shock loss. 
Honestly, I can’t put it into words how frustrated I am with this and it just emphasises the lack of patient planning that was taken at Eugenix! I will call it negligence, such an unethical thing for any clinic to do. 

I’m becoming more alarmed by each passing month with the left hand side of my entire hairline, very pluggy looking, I do not see that those pluggy grafts were extracted. 

The right hand temple point does not look natural at all, very clunky and no natural blend. It seems like it’s even a vertical cut off at the point where it’s meant to recess… 

I have added a photo of native hair wet in comparison to the transplanted hair, you can see that the scalp is still a little pinkish 7 months on, but not really noticeable until shown like below! 

I will provide an update around month 10. 

B1850FA9-2ADA-49E9-B089-F5AF2C2E827E.jpeg

67CB1A4C-1F79-471B-841B-AC0ED46D8BB2.jpeg

A7D7E988-61C8-412F-B479-B8E7173118B9.jpeg

1114C3D1-7346-49DB-8971-E46B2207DFB7.jpeg

5DDA389C-084A-43DA-8BD1-1D4435F2F053.jpeg

5E2F82C4-0EAC-4736-95A8-5BBEEE49F1A0.jpeg

04327767-51E8-4DFC-B0F6-EE95AF9871CF.jpeg

DB2A583A-220C-4D64-891B-A9C88E7E1FDC.jpeg

F3FBB253-D31A-4570-B61D-1B054F99AF58.jpeg

725F89CE-F2B8-44FF-941C-B19C285D0200.jpeg

47C9759E-732B-400D-8E4B-C9F1B835AB14.jpeg

9C44FB3D-CE99-4C55-A431-C6F0F1F3D76C.jpeg

• Sad 1

I am not for or against eugenix. I think they do ok work for the model they have established. Multiple surgeries driven by junior surgeons and techs. 

but your results are good,

Are they perfect no. But even the best in the world that will cost 6-7x what you paid at eugenix get perfect results in one attempt. There is always fine tuning needed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

I am not for or against eugenix. I think they do ok work for the model they have established. Multiple surgeries driven by junior surgeons and techs. 

but your results are good,

Are they perfect no. But even the best in the world that will cost 6-7x what you paid at eugenix get perfect results in one attempt. There is always fine tuning needed.

To be clear, I choose the Dr Arkia premium package, she had full oversight of this from the very beginning. Planning, extraction, and majority of graft placements with exception of beard to donor area.

Certain specific areas are good while other areas are not good. My expectations are not huge but I expected better.

This is the issue, it is not "fine tuning" required... quite a bit of articulated work is still required before "fine tuning" even.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 1:26 PM, Delta Bravo said:

I would say drastic changes are there. Looks awesome to me, may be another 3-4 months would benefit in your favour. cheers tommy! 

Amazing??? Come on pal, in no way shape or form is it amazing… 

improvement to density, of course. 
significant work still work required, unfortunately. No way did I expect everything corrected in one sitting. 

Just one of my concerns, this is far from amazing…. I do not see correction, only density added….. still extremely unnatural… 

3B0D2F56-762D-4367-82B9-53BB64956551.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

Amazing??? Come on pal, in no way shape or form is it amazing… 

improvement to density, of course. 
significant work still work required, unfortunately. No way did I expect everything corrected in one sitting. 

Just one of my concerns, this is far from amazing…. I do not see correction, only density added….. still extremely unnatural… 

3B0D2F56-762D-4367-82B9-53BB64956551.jpeg

What is it you're seeing in this image that you consider "extremely unnatural"?

18 hours ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

good density and coverage. Gotta admit though that there's something off with the hairline at the left frontal-temporal angle. Not to mention the numerous multiple grafts

No doubt, there is improvement in density.

The left hand side of the hairline was particularly bad from prior surgery so I did expect touch ups to this, but I did think it would be in a much better condition.

I am also "hating" this bushy appearance on the right temporal angle, seems to be packed too dense and no major packing behind it... It is really impossible to manage unfortunately. It is not very often I see something like this from repairs.

I have spoken with the clinic (not doctors) and they have offered a free touch up.. Of course it is welcoming they are willing to do that.. I still need to decide at this point.

Edited by Tommy1991

I think you're expecting perfection, when even those in like middle school have unique hair styles.

I do think its unrealistic for you to expect that type of perfection, but I sure hope you come close to it :)

good luck, OP!

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

30 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

What is it you're seeing in this image that you consider "extremely unnatural"?

If you can show a temporal angle that is standard for looking like this, then sure. The bushy appearance at the lowest point of the temporal angle. There is no softening into the temporal angle.

In my meeting with the clinic this was one of the issues that was 100% agreed between all.

To remind you, this is prior this repair.

DSC_6282.JPG

Edited by Tommy1991