Eugenix Norwood 6 Journey - 4628 Grafts

caveman

Go for Hair Transplant, real hair is real hair.

I kind a feel it's waste to spend 3000 $ on SMP's especially when you can get HT.

But I would advise you to consult some other clinics and check their suggestions, you already had a poor outcome from your first HT at Eugenix, are you sure you want to go there for your second HT too?

• Administrators

I think this result looks good for the number of grafts. You can’t fully restore everything in one go as a high Norwood. 

But this is the second thread that I see of someone shaving their head after an HT. I think this is unsettling. 

To me, shaving your head should be the FIRST thing you do. Why, because it’s free and has no drawbacks. Before you decide to get in the chair you should shave your head and see if that’s a good option. I shaved my head @Bandit90 shaved his head @Zoomster shaved his head. It was only then that we knew that we were all in on surgery.  Once you have surgery, scars will be visible if you shave. 

I hope this serves as a public service announcement. If you’re considering surgery before shaving your head. Stop! Shave your head first, maybe you’ll be happy and move on 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

29 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I think this result looks good for the number of grafts. You can’t fully restore everything in one go as a high Norwood. 

But this is the second thread that I see of someone shaving their head after an HT. I think this is unsettling. 

To me, shaving your head should be the FIRST thing you do. Why, because it’s free and has no drawbacks. Before you decide to get in the chair you should shave your head and see if that’s a good option. I shaved my head @Bandit90 shaved his head @Zoomster shaved his head. It was only then that we knew that we were all in on surgery.  Once you have surgery, scars will be visible if you shave. 

I hope this serves as a public service announcement. If you’re considering surgery before shaving your head. Stop! Shave your head first, maybe you’ll be happy and move on 🙏

I agree that this is unsettling and both threads are from Eugenix.

This is true that there are cases like this when clinic can't fully restore everything in one go, however clinic can deliver result that is presentable after 1st surgery. And i think this is important, because sometimes patient can't jump into second surgery within short period of time after first surgery. 

I think this is good example of high norwood's result that is presentable  after 1st surgery and patient is happy about it Dr Juan Couto. 4000 Grafts for my HUGE ALOPECIA at FUExpert Clinic 03/2023. - Page 5 - Hair Transplant Reviews - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

And that was too only ~4000 grafts. 

For the record, i did shave my head before my surgery and it looked ok. However i prefer myself with hair, so i decided to do HT

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 2

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I agree that this is unsettling and both threads are from Eugenix.

This is true that there are cases like this when clinic can't fully restore everything in one go, however clinic can deliver result that is presentable after 1st surgery. And i think this is important, because sometimes patient can't jump into second surgery within short period of time after first surgery. 

I think this is good example of high norwood's result that is presentable  after 1st surgery and patient is happy about it Dr Juan Couto. 4000 Grafts for my HUGE ALOPECIA at FUExpert Clinic 03/2023. - Page 5 - Hair Transplant Reviews - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

And that was too only ~4000 grafts. 

For the record, i did shave my head before my surgery and it looked ok. However i prefer myself with hair, so i decided to do HT

You can’t compare cases. Head shape, head size, donor quality varies from person to person. One person can look amazing with 4,000 grafts and another may not, even with the same surgeon.

It’s futile debating you because you will believe what you want to believe. Just like you believed you weren’t a Norwood 6/7. Sure, you can share one-off cases where the patient has the best of everything. Donor thickness, hair thickness, etc.

image.jpeg

But this isn’t reality for most patients. If you’re Norwood 5+ you’ll need multiple surgeries. That’s just the way it is, if you don’t want that, then shave your head. Forget about surgery. Shaving your head should be the first thing you do, along with medication. Surgery should be your last resort. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

44 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It’s futile debating you because you will believe what you want to believe. Just like you believed you weren’t a Norwood 6/7. Sure, you can share one-off cases where the patient has the best of everything. Donor thickness, hair thickness, etc.

I don't think it's futile debating me. It's hard. 

Listen, there is always same argument that i believed i weren't Norwood 6. So i can repeat once again. This is evaluation by Eugenix before surgery. They graded me Norwood 3V. And i trusted them that this is the truth. That was 2 years ago, since then i got more knowledge in HT and balding and now i understand that im Norwood 6. You can ask yourself why did Eugenix graded me 3 norwood stages lower and if that is ethical. 

411734163_326806763496233_1511370521242781633_n.jpg.8c9efd5612ffe708a62073c948336d68.jpg

44 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

But this isn’t reality for most patients. If you’re Norwood 5+ you’ll need multiple surgeries. That’s just the way it is, if you don’t want that, then shave your head. Forget about surgery. Shaving your head should be the first thing you do, along with medication. Surgery should be your last resort. 

Yes, that is the thing. If you are Norwood 6, you need multiple surgeries, even if you go to Zarev. But you have to know it. Ethical surgeon will present you plan and tell how many grafts  you need, for example "You are Norwood 6, you need 2 surgeries, 3000 grafts, then we will think about third surgery for touch up". 

And this kind of plans i heard, when in this year, i went on consultations for next surgery. 

From Eugenix, i didn't hear any plan, i didn't hear that i will need 2-3 procedures. Now it is obvious for me that i needed multiple surgeries, but 2 years ago it wasn't and i didn't hear this crucial information from the surgeon. So you have to understand that some people don't have such level of knowledge like you now and they can't make surgeries plan by themselves. This is a job of a doctors. 

Maybe they skip this information and downgrade patients, because when patient heard that he needs 2-3 surgeries, there is higher chance that he would resign from HT and shave head like you mention.  

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I think everyone agrees you should shave your head prior to surgery to see if you can live with it. But that's a separate discussion from a case where a guy shaves his head, can't live with it, goes through with a HT, and ends up with an unnatural result due to poor planning on the clinics part that forces them into shaving as the best option. I think in both recent cases where Eugenix patients shaved after a HT, it was in order to mitigate the damage done by poor planning on Eugenix's part. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 3

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I think everyone agrees you should shave your head prior to surgery to see if you can live with it. But that's a separate discussion from a case where a guy shaves his head, can't live with it, goes through with a HT, and ends up with an unnatural result due to poor planning on the clinics part that forces them into shaving as the best option. I think in both recent cases where Eugenix patients shaved after a HT, it was in order to mitigate the damage due to the poor planning on Eugenix's part. 

I agree, there should have been clear communication and direction from the clinic. However, I disagree that this result looks unnatural. It’s not complete. Unnatural would be a hairline that looks pluggy, or unnaturally low. Just because you have thin spots, or a bald crown doesn’t mean that’s not natural. Balding is natural, if you’re a slick Norwood 6, and after your surgery you look like a Norwood 6 with diffuse thinning, that’s not unnatural. 

I think there’s going to be a massive mismanagement of expectations if Norwood 5+ patients start believing that they can restore everything in one surgery with 5k grafts. It’s not mathematically possible. It takes multiple surgeries in most cases to restore a Norwood 5+. 

Look at my case, this was after 3 surgeries around 5,200 grafts. 

IMG_1415.jpeg

This isn’t unnatural just because I don’t have full density or coverage. That’s just what 5k grafts looks like on an average Norwood 6 that has an area of 200cm2 that needs covered. You need an average of 45 grafts per cm2 to get an “illusion of density” not real density. That means you need 9,000 grafts at least for an average Norwood 6. (Head shape, and size may require more grafts.) 

Now, this is me with 9,000 grafts. 
IMG_1418.jpeg

Still not perfect. But now I have the number of grafts required to achieve visible density throughout my entire scalp. 

If we start telling patients that require 8-9k grafts that their results are unnatural simply because they didn’t get that number in one go, we’re going to be doing patients a HUGE disservice. 

That said, I agree that this is something that needs to be clear with patients before they have surgery. A master plan with the total number of grafts and the number of potential surgical sessions needs to be outlined before surgery. 

But hopefully, patients who are looking at these threads before getting surgery will know that they may potentially need multiple surgeries. At the end of the day, we as patients have to do our own due diligence.  If you’re unable to accept requiring multiple surgeries, refuse to take meds, you should reconsider surgery period. 

This will be my last reply on this subject here, as it is de-railing this thread. If you guys want to continue this discussion, open up a new thread and I’ll join the discussion.

View my thread

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I agree, there should have been clear communication and direction from the clinic. However, I disagree that this result looks unnatural. It’s not complete. Unnatural would be a hairline that looks pluggy, or unnaturally low. Just because you have thin spots, or a bald crown doesn’t mean that’s not natural. Balding is natural, if you’re a slick Norwood 6, and after your surgery you look like a Norwood 6 with diffuse thinning, that’s not unnatural. 

I think there’s going to be a massive mismanagement of expectations if Norwood 5+ patients start believing that they can restore everything in one surgery with 5k grafts. It’s not mathematically possible. It takes multiple surgeries in most cases to restore a Norwood 5+. 

Look at my case, this was after 3 surgeries around 5,200 grafts. 

IMG_1415.jpeg

This isn’t unnatural just because I don’t have full density or coverage. That’s just what 5k grafts looks like on an average Norwood 6 that has an area of 200cm2 that needs covered. You need an average of 45 grafts per cm2 to get an “illusion of density” not real density. That means you need 9,000 grafts at least for an average Norwood 6. (Head shape, and size may require more grafts.) 

Now, this is me with 9,000 grafts. 
IMG_1418.jpeg

Still not perfect. But now I have the number of grafts required to achieve visible density throughout my entire scalp. 

If we start telling patients that require 8-9k grafts that their results are unnatural simply because they didn’t get that number in one go, we’re going to be doing patients a HUGE disservice. 

That said, I agree that this is something that needs to be clear with patients before they have surgery. A master plan with the total number of grafts and the number of potential surgical sessions needs to be outlined before surgery. 

But hopefully, patients who are looking at these threads before getting surgery will know that they may potentially need multiple surgeries. At the end of the day, we as patients have to do our own due diligence.  If you’re unable to accept requiring multiple surgeries, refuse to take meds, you should reconsider surgery period. 

This will be my last reply on this subject here, as it is de-railing this thread. If you guys want to continue this discussion, open up a new thread and I’ll join the discussion.

I think this argument makes a good bit of sense when it comes to Caveman's case where he got good growth given the area covered with no gaps between transplanted and thinning hair. Personally I think it's almost always a better idea for higher NW's to focus on thicker density over a smaller area (the front) as opposed to lesser density over a greater area, and I think clinics should steer patients in that direction. But that's a subjective opinion and personal matter to be decided between patient and Dr.

In GeneralNorwood's case I don't think your argument applies though. In his case he also got good yield, but the recipient pattern did not lead to a natural result. Yes some degree of styling is required after any HT to mask lack of natural density, but the recipient pattern itself should never be the issue. 

Anyways its an interesting argument, I'm out of here to so as to not derail further. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

From Eugenix, i didn't hear any plan, i didn't hear that i will need 2-3 procedures. Now it is obvious for me that i needed multiple surgeries, but 2 years ago it wasn't and i didn't hear this crucial information from the surgeon. So you have to understand that some people don't have such level of knowledge like you now and they can't make surgeries plan by themselves. This is a job of a doctors. 

I totally agree with this, I have been to a hair mill thats local to me and also Eugenix, and actually the hair mill was a lot better at presenting the information about the realities of what they can achieve and multiple sessions etc, but then they also had a pretty much in and out way of working which was not great and a hard limit on grafts etc rather than what you actually needed to get good results, where as the results from Eugenix are night and day better, but  I was shocked with their planning etc, it was all so fast and slap dash, I got my donor assessed within seconds and the plan was done in seconds and I was kind of made to agree with it, really it was only once in the operating theatre with Dr Soumesh that it all turned around and saved it for me, he listened and assessed my donor as they went on and the plan evolved into something I was very happy with. They really need to get better at this as that side has the potential to get a lot worse with the rapid expansion of the clinic too, hopefully it's something they are addressing? But if I would of seen this forum ahead of time before my first surgery then I would of had a lot more knowledge to arm myself with

As regards shaving your head even after HTs, I dont really see the issue, my sides are slightly over harvested yet I still shave them short when getting it cut etc and personally it does not bother me one bit, I suppose its all personal preference. The main thing that really played on my mind was after the first HTs with the hair mill the hairline was far to straight and unnatural and this was the big driving factor of going Eugenix for a more natural result

The OPs results are great for the grafts etc, and hopefully a second pass can put him where he is comfortable with it all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone. I know I’ve been MIA for a bit but wanted to give everyone the latest updates on my journey. @Melvin- Admin you’re definitely right about shaving your head before getting a transplant. I advise everyone to do that first. I also did before deciding to go to eugenix. I did not like the shaved look.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I couldn’t opt to immediately go for a second procedure which is why I decided to do SMP and see how I’d like it. For the time being it wasn’t bad at all but now I’ve had the chance to come up with a plan to go for my second procedure.

I want to clarify again I have not spoken ill of eugenix at all. Everyone will have different results, that’s just how the game works. For 4600 grafts, being a norwood 6, I think I got great coverage. The quality of my hair has nothing to do with eugenix or their techniques, rather that seems to be genetics.

Anyways, I’m going to post a few follow up posts regarding my SMP work and also a general game plan going for round 2. Any suggestions, ideas, or feedback is always welcome.

• Like 1

Here are a couple pictures of my healed SMP with short hair. It looks decent in most lighting. 

I want to adjust my hairline and corners. I don’t really enjoy how it frames my face currently and so I have proposed a similar adjustment as illustrated in the images below. 

I had a call with dr arika and she has said 2500 grafts will be enough to fill in the density and adjust the hairline. that graft count was a little less than I expected. Ideally, I want to maximize density in all areas. As of now, my midscalp is sparse as well as my crown, my lateral humps also need some work. 

eugenix has completely changed their packages since I last booked a visit. Their prices for specific doctors have increased so it’s limiting my options as to who to go with. I imagine I need someone with experience who is able to go in between the existing grafts and preventing shock loss (as I had some on the sides of my head that didn’t really recover)

does anyone have recommendations? To keep my options open, is there any other affordable clinics that have expertise in this type of work?

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

IMG_4287.jpeg

IMG_4290.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

a72db136-8540-4851-b9ce-2fece25c369f.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, caveman said:

Here are a couple pictures of my healed SMP with short hair. It looks decent in most lighting. 

I want to adjust my hairline and corners. I don’t really enjoy how it frames my face currently and so I have proposed a similar adjustment as illustrated in the images below. 

I had a call with dr arika and she has said 2500 grafts will be enough to fill in the density and adjust the hairline. that graft count was a little less than I expected. Ideally, I want to maximize density in all areas. As of now, my midscalp is sparse as well as my crown, my lateral humps also need some work. 

eugenix has completely changed their packages since I last booked a visit. Their prices for specific doctors have increased so it’s limiting my options as to who to go with. I imagine I need someone with experience who is able to go in between the existing grafts and preventing shock loss (as I had some on the sides of my head that didn’t really recover)

does anyone have recommendations? To keep my options open, is there any other affordable clinics that have expertise in this type of work?

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

IMG_4287.jpeg

IMG_4290.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

Have to be honest and say that this new wider, flatter, aggressive hairline looks like a terrible idea to me. What you have now looks very natural, mature and will still look normal and right in later life. 

I say this as someone who wishes their own hairline was more conservative and higher up than it currently is. I’d rather have a more conservative, natural hairline and use the spare grafts to add more density than use those extra grafts to position the hairline where it’s never been before. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am growing my hair out again and it’s been several weeks since I’ve buzzed it. It looks kinda bad at this length but I wanted to grow it out so I can have a good idea of what we need to address in round 2. Below are a few additional pictures of my current state. I’ve circled some areas I see as problematic and would like to address them in addition to the changes proposed in the previous post. Homogenization is something I’d also like to do. Right now some spots in my donor and recipient area both look way thicker than other areas so adding some evenness would be amazing! I’ll continue to add posts and details as I figure things out 

f7452469-c94a-4711-bf86-9bffc21bd991.jpeg

ecbd0669-6ec4-47f6-b38f-7eb1f913c002.jpeg

0b58b3de-f8c3-40b7-969f-9d39fe49245d.jpeg

16fd6c89-232e-41b5-a25b-8c866a9f4d6d.jpeg

d38a6142-5365-4115-8786-75f8b4be8a7d.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Have to be honest and say that this new wider, flatter, aggressive hairline looks like a terrible idea to me. What you have now looks very natural, mature and will still look normal and right in later life. 

I say this as someone who wishes their own hairline was more conservative and higher up than it currently is. I’d rather have a more conservative, natural hairline and use the spare grafts to add more density than use those extra grafts to position the hairline where it’s never been before. 

Thanks for the feedback @Berba11. Going into the first procedure I thought exactly the same as you and opted for this more receded natural style of hairline. Unfortunately I have not been happy with it. I truly don’t think it frames my face well and I’ve gotten feedback from countless friends and family that it doesn’t look the best. The pictures I attached with the change in hairline is very crude. I don’t plan to make it exactly like that. My main concern is making the corners less receded. I’ll definitely keep ur advice in mind when I physically actually go to India but I will definitely be tweaking things a little bit (maybe not as drastic as in my pictures lol)

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, caveman said:

Thanks for the feedback @Berba11. Going into the first procedure I thought exactly the same as you and opted for this more receded natural style of hairline. Unfortunately I have not been happy with it. I truly don’t think it frames my face well and I’ve gotten feedback from countless friends and family that it doesn’t look the best. The pictures I attached with the change in hairline is very crude. I don’t plan to make it exactly like that. My main concern is making the corners less receded. I’ll definitely keep ur advice in mind when I physically actually go to India but I will definitely be tweaking things a little bit (maybe not as drastic as in my pictures lol)

I certainly think you’ll get more change from a more subtle amendment to the hairline - maybe just softening the temporal angles/recession points a little bit (but not too much). 

Personally I think your hairline looks killer and some strategic density added to weaker areas will be a very nice improvement. If you’re looking for alternative clinics as part of your budgeting considerations, there’s some excellent options in Thailand that you can research through the forum. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, caveman said:

IMG_4284.jpeg

Well sorry mate, but this plan is kinda mad. Eugenix, hit me baby one more time? Sure, they will do it, because dr Sethi likes money and he likes helicopters and flying with a choppa is expensive :D 

And now more serious...

The buzz cut option + SMP works, it looks ok. Don't bother with opinion of  your "friends". They know nothing. What feedback? They preffered your previous balding men version? I don't think so.

Let's speak about 2 options

1. This plan with wasting another 1000+ grafts for the hairline lowering, and BTW, front is your current most dense area. Maybe focus should be put on less dense areas, isn't it more logical?  

So no, i don't like this option, because you will have strong frontal third and very weak midscalp and crown. 

You can mix it with SMP and wear this SMP hairstyle with new lower hairline, but you will be basically limited to 1 hairstyle for life. Do you want to be limited to this buzzcut hairstyle for life and cut your hair very often? 

2. Reinforcing the hairline rather then lowering it and focusing on midscalp  +  crown. It's for sure best option, if you are looking for longterm plan and don't want to limit yourself to this 1 buzzcut hairstyle and be able to grow hair longer. 

Just look at this pictures, it was 7 months update

spacer.png

spacer.png

So how can you lower your hairline when frontal hair looked sparse? Just add more hair BEHIND the hairline and everything will look fuller and hair will cover the forehead. 

And that's from 13 months update

lackofdensity.thumb.jpeg.72d0b0efcf77ae0f573ceeb686cb9190.jpeg

You see this lack of density in the red circle? That should be treated. Do you want to lower hairline and leave this red area with low density? Doesn't make any sense. Reinforce red area and then the fringe will become fuller. 

Doctors like Zarev or Muresanu would kick out this this "hairline lowering" idea from your head. Eugenix...  i think they can realize the craziest ideas of patients. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

I certainly think you’ll get more change from a more subtle amendment to the hairline - maybe just softening the temporal angles/recession points a little bit (but not too much). 

Personally I think your hairline looks killer and some strategic density added to weaker areas will be a very nice improvement. If you’re looking for alternative clinics as part of your budgeting considerations, there’s some excellent options in Thailand that you can research through the forum. 

I agree with your thoughts. I may benefit more from slightly adjusting only the corners (recession points). I’ll see if I can make a new version of edits to show amended hairline design and keeping it more conservative. 

it’s funny you mentioned Thailand I’ve been looking at absolute hair clinic today and maybe will see what they have to say

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Well sorry mate, but this plan is kinda mad. Eugenix, hit me baby one more time? Sure, they will do it, because dr Sethi likes money and he likes helicopters and flying with a choppa is expensive :D 

And now more serious...

The buzz cut option + SMP works, it looks ok. Don't bother with opinion of  your "friends". They know nothing. What feedback? They preffered your previous balding men version? I don't think so.

Let's speak about 2 options

1. This plan with wasting another 1000+ grafts for the hairline lowering, and BTW, front is your current most dense area. Maybe focus should be put on less dense areas, isn't it more logical?  

So no, i don't like this option, because you will have strong frontal third and very weak midscalp and crown. 

You can mix it with SMP and wear this SMP hairstyle with new lower hairline, but you will be basically limited to 1 hairstyle for life. Do you want to be limited to this buzzcut hairstyle for life and cut your hair very often? 

2. Reinforcing the hairline rather then lowering it and focusing on midscalp  +  crown. It's for sure best option, if you are looking for longterm plan and don't want to limit yourself to this 1 buzzcut hairstyle and be able to grow hair longer. 

Just look at this pictures, it was 7 months update

spacer.png

spacer.png

So how can you lower your hairline when frontal hair looked sparse? Just add more hair BEHIND the hairline and everything will look fuller and hair will cover the forehead. 

And that's from 13 months update

lackofdensity.thumb.jpeg.72d0b0efcf77ae0f573ceeb686cb9190.jpeg

You see this lack of density in the red circle? That should be treated. Do you want to lower hairline and leave this red area with low density? Doesn't make any sense. Reinforce red area and then the fringe will become fuller. 

Doctors like Zarev or Muresanu would kick out this this "hairline lowering" idea from your head. Eugenix...  i think they can realize the craziest ideas of patients. 

@GeneralNorwood thanks for your honesty. I actually agree with you about not lowering hairline. I just would like to adjust the recession points in the corners to help frame my face a bit better and I didn’t do a good job mocking up the hairline. I’ll try it again and get some feedback.

That being said I do want to focus exactly on the red circled area you have in the picture. I also want to add density to my lateral humps and crown (which wasn’t really fully touched in procedure 1. 

As far as going back to eugenix I am leaning towards them but am not sure. Dr zarev is out of the question for me as I can’t wait that long. Any specific people you think would be able to add density between existing grafts and do a good job for me? Also eugenix plan is a bit different. This is what they proposed. I am wondering if this will be enough grafts to give me the density I am looking for 

On 12/22/2023 at 10:23 AM, Rawkerboi said:

Go for Hair Transplant, real hair is real hair.

I kind a feel it's waste to spend 3000 $ on SMP's especially when you can get HT.

But I would advise you to consult some other clinics and check their suggestions, you already had a poor outcome from your first HT at Eugenix, are you sure you want to go there for your second HT too?

You right. Hair is hair. Decided to get a follow up procedure done. Any recommendations on where you’d go?

Posted (edited)

I agree with the members, your hairline at present look's good, no need to adjust it. Yes you can add density to it but that HT plan shared by Dr. Arika is quite funny. I bet she did it in a second.

Your case requires in person consultation and meticulous planning.

As you know, Eugenix are busy scaling their operations, they have opened their new clinic in Hyderabad and they are steadily increasing the cost, the doctors in Eugenix  have increased their cost and they have gone one level up in terms of price.

Frankly speaking, I would avoid going to Eugenix second time and look at other options.

There are lot of better doctors available, you can look at Dr Kongkiat Laorwong or Dr Ratchathorn Panchaprateep in Thailand, both are gem of doctor and are affordable.

Edited by Rawkerboi

15 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

I agree with the members, your hairline at present look's good, no need to adjust it. Yes you can add density to it but that HT plan shared by Dr. Arika is quite funny. I bet she did it in a second.

Your case requires in person consultation and meticulous planning.

As you know, Eugenix are busy scaling their operations, they have opened their new clinic in Hyderabad and they are steadily increasing the cost, the doctors in Eugenix  have increased their cost and they have gone one level up in terms of price.

Frankly speaking, I would avoid going to Eugenix second time and look at other options.

There are lot of better doctors available, you can look at Dr Kongkiat Laorwong or Dr Ratchathorn Panchaprateep in Thailand, both are gem of doctor and are affordable.

Hey yeah I agree planning will be critical and I am really looking for high doctor involvement in the procedure. I remember all those years ago when I first started researching, that was one of the major factors in deciding on a surgeon. 

I have a meeting with dr das tomorrow so I will address my concerns directly with her. I am  definitely not considering eugenix out, I just want to clarify a few things which I will report here later. You are right about the pricing. I understand that they have to do it and I respect it, however I feel a bit unhappy about them changing it for existing patients. It’s all good though, gotta work with things the best we can.
What I was told by my eugenix rep was that now doctors only perform incisions and techs will handle rest of the surgery. I don’t know how I feel about that. Again, in my initial search for a transplant surgeon this was something I wanted to avoid so will be clarifying that with dr das. If price goes up but doctor involvement goes down then….

We will find out details soon.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, caveman said:

I drew up a more closer example of what I’m looking for. I’m not the best with editing pictures I think this example looks better 😂 let me know your thoughts @GeneralNorwood @Berba11

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

IMG_4287.jpeg

IMG_4290.jpeg

Don't do temple points. Don't change anything about hairline and temple points 

templepoints.thumb.jpeg.810e0ab443e0bbb56690bf1680f8949b.jpeg

Your temple points look now natural. If you make them more aggresive with HT, it can bring you trouble in the future.

And besides temple ponts after HT only look good if you grow them longer, so your current hairstyle with sides and temple points cut short won't be available. Check how temple points after HT look if you cut them shorter in this post Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das - Page 11 - Hair Transplant Reviews - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

hairline.thumb.jpeg.ebcb567775b642983963dba78e83145f.jpeg

So best idea is to reinforce everything besides current hairline, strenghten red area.

Second question is how many grafts can be implanted in blue area, which in fact, needs a lot more grafts then red area. 

2000 grafts of course is not enough for everything, even if you stick with current hairline and don't lower it. Changing the hairline or temple points would only increase this demand of grafts. 

The good news is that after you did SMP, you can wear this buzzcut hairstyle and it looks neat.

You don't have to rush into 2nd procedure, rather take your time and consult with other surgeons, that's my advice. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Don't do temple points. Don't change anything about hairline and temple points 

templepoints.thumb.jpeg.810e0ab443e0bbb56690bf1680f8949b.jpeg

Your temple points look now natural. If you make them more aggresive with HT, it can bring you trouble in the future.

And besides temple ponts after HT only look good if you grow them longer, so your current hairstyle with sides and temple points cut short won't be available. Check how temple points after HT look if you cut them shorter in this post Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das - Page 11 - Hair Transplant Reviews - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

hairline.thumb.jpeg.ebcb567775b642983963dba78e83145f.jpeg

So best idea is to reinforce everything besides current hairline, strenghten red area.

Second question is how many grafts can be implanted in blue area, which in fact, needs a lot more grafts then red area. 

2000 grafts of course is not enough for everything, even if you stick with current hairline and don't lower it. Changing the hairline or temple points would only increase this demand of grafts. 

The good news is that after you did SMP, you can wear this buzzcut hairstyle and it looks neat.

You don't have to rush into 2nd procedure, rather take your time and consult with other surgeons, that's my advice. 

@GeneralNorwood thanks you for giving me illustrations of what plan I should have moving forward. I greatly appreciate it. I know you keep it real. That being said, I am curious, why are you so against my plan? The corners of my hair transplant are really bothering me so I’m not sure I would be happy keeping the deep recession. I know donor graft count is critical in a case like mine. I reviewed your case too so I’m wondering are you warning me from your personal experience? The hairline and temporal angles that you completed with eugenix are probably like 80% more aggressive than where I am at right now. I believe adding a couple hundred grafts to round out my corners would make me happier and will look nicer. 

I met dr sethi in Philly a few months ago and at the time I believe he said he could get an additional 3500-4000 scalp grafts from my donor. Beard grafts would be additional. I suspect perhaps 500-700 could reinforce my midscalp, and another 1800 or so could help cover my entire crown. 

after reviewing your personal experience, I understand why you are pushing me towards keeping the current hairline and working behind it. That being said, I believe that if you had a much more conservative hairline with receding corners, you may not have been as pleased with your outcome either. Your hairline and FTA are perfect. Like too perfect 😂 so I wouldn’t bring things down as much as you but am looking to subtly modify what I already have without wasting many grafts on the hairline. 

I am viewing lots of patients like Melvin, yourself, Armen, bandit, etc who are all adjusting the hairline with minor changes that result in a way more pleasing aesthetic. You are concerned for me about adding density throughout the midscalp and reinforcing the current hairline but do you think it would be really that dangerous to fix the corners if it’s something that would make me happier with myself? 

im not trying to turn your points away because I definitely understand and agree with them. That was why I agreed to this conservative hairline design in the first place. Rather I’m trying to get your feedback for a plan that would involve fixing the corners (I just want to round them off a little bit, they look so sharp and pointy right now and don’t match my facial features) as they are really bothering me even though I know you are against it. If your corners were receded the way mine are I really do think that you might not be as happy with your overall result at the end of the day. 
Do you see any plan in which I can round the corners off minimally while still focusing on adding density throughout the midscalp and crown?

• Like 1