Eugenix Norwood 6 Journey - 4628 Grafts

caveman

1 hour ago, caveman said:

I agree. Thanks for your feedback! Also in regards to your last reply, I too have missed the gym due to my hair. In fact I have to do a whole routine just to get ready so I can look presentable at the gym and I am beyond tired of doing it so I can definitely relate to that issue. Also applies to going anywhere or doing anything in general. Do you think with the current hair density I have, I’d I buzz it and get SMP it will look decent?

Has anyone had SMP done that can chime in about how it blends with hair and what length I could keep it at? I am thinking a 0 guard on sides and back into a 0.5 guard on top. 

I did smp after a bad ht back in 2018. And with a buzz cut it was perfect for some years. The key is you have to continue meds because if you dont you may continue to loose hair and the smp will look odd. Best wishes!

• Like 1

@omarca awesome thanks for the advice and well wishing! I will definitely be continuing the finasteride. When you got your SMP and buzzed your hair down, about what length were you able to keep it at? I’m fairly sure a number 1 guard will be too long. 

@omarca awesome thanks for the advice and well wishing! I will definitely be continuing the finasteride. When you got your SMP and buzzed your hair down, about what length were you able to keep it at? I’m fairly sure a number 1 guard will be too long. 

Num 1 on top is too long, at sides 0.5

7 hours ago, omarca said:

Num 1 on top is too long, at sides 0.5

Ok @caveman here is the photo!

After my failed ht in 2018 with a local mediocre dr ...i stopped finasteride because that doctor told me i will not loose more hair (silly doctor and silly -naive me). After that ht a did smp and it was perfect for like 4 years but because i stopped meds i continue to loose hair and the smp started to look fake or odd. Then i found this forum and went to Dr Patrick Mwamba last year and had a HT on top of the existing smp. The 1st  photo is like 2-3 months after the ht with mwamba and may be what you are looking for hopefully.  The smp also helped a lot with the ht with mwamba because the redness was not an issue. I am planning to make a late thread soon.  i attached a photo of the results of this ht with mwamba...btw i scheduled a 2nd ht with mwamba for touchup for this march. This will be my 3rd ht.  I have gone through more or less what you are experiencing right now... best wishes my friend and it is true it is a commitment

caveman.PNG

caveman2.jpg

• Wow 1

@omarca dude! Your result looks incredible. Congrats. I am excited for you. Also your experience is exactly what I was looking for. The SMP and 3 month post transplant look is so clean. That is ideally what I want to pull off. 

thanks for the insight about your journey. Please do make a late thread as I think many members can learn a lot from what you have been through. 

What number buzz was your hair in the first picture? Does anyone notice the SMP? Do you feel it ever looks super fake or noticeable? I am thinking to just get it under my current hair so that way as my hair grows itll cover most of the SMP but the SMP can just fill in the balding areas or less dense areas.

@omarca dude! Your result looks incredible. Congrats. I am excited for you. Also your experience is exactly what I was looking for. The SMP and 3 month post transplant look is so clean. That is ideally what I want to pull off. 

thanks for the insight about your journey. Please do make a late thread as I think many members can learn a lot from what you have been through. 

What number buzz was your hair in the first picture? Does anyone notice the SMP? Do you feel it ever looks super fake or noticeable? I am thinking to just get it under my current hair so that way as my hair grows itll cover most of the SMP but the SMP can just fill in the balding areas or less dense areas.

If i recall well in the sides i used 0.5 guard and on top sometimes 0.5 and in ocasions 1mm.  When i did the smp back in 2018 nobody notice it since i had more hair buzzcutted and the hairs camiflage the smp. When the time went on and without medications i lost more hair on top and the smp was noted and a friends told me :/. If you get smo under your hair you will be fine and achieve the 3D effect.  When my smp started to look fake i found the forum and did the ht

• Like 1

@omarca awesome dude thanks for such a clear perfect answer that relates perfectly to my situation. Even if SMP gave me 4 years of worry free living I’d be so happy. By then, I will definitely be able to go for my second procedure so I could fix any additional hair loss at that point. You’re the man!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, caveman said:

@omarca awesome dude thanks for such a clear perfect answer that relates perfectly to my situation. Even if SMP gave me 4 years of worry free living I’d be so happy. By then, I will definitely be able to go for my second procedure so I could fix any additional hair loss at that point. You’re the man!

Thanks thats what we are here for! Remember to continue your medications…to avoid further loss…iam on finasteride 1mg oral 4 times a wk and the other 2 days a wk dutasteride 0.5mg oral. Also i use minoxidil 5mg everyday!! Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:27 PM, caveman said:

Here is the 13 month update. I just got a haircut today so please keep in mind this is the BEST it looks. In about 10 days it will look more untidy.

I just want to be clear again. I do plan to go and get added density in the hairline mid scalp and crown. I think 3000 grafts would be more than enough. However I can’t do it currently due to the cost and the time it takes to see any results. 

with the current transplant I already have a solid foundation for my hairline and some density throughout the scalp. By adding SMP to my current hairline and scalp, I could achieve the look of additional density. If I decide I don’t like it I can just grow my hair back out to what I currently have. 

I have also attached some buzzed haircut pictures. I think if I keep my hair at a 0.5 guard and fade it into a 0 or skin fade, I can make it look more neat and it may look better than what I currently am rocking.

Finally, I have added an example of someone with thinning that got SMP and that is the look I’d like to go for.

let me know your thoughts!

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3981.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3982.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2418.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_3921.png

Hey buddy- While I think you can look great with the SMP/buzz cut look, when I look at your hair combed properly, it looks amazing. I do not see any signs of poor quality hair and I did see you in person :).

You and I have spoken extensively about this through WhatsApp, so I am just reiterating this to express my thoughts on the forum.

Whatever you do will be great, but just wanted you to know that to me, your hair looks great.

Another couple of thousand grafts to add more density if you'd like and the deal would be sealed IMHO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SLA said:

Hey buddy- While I think you can look great with the SMP/buzz cut look, when I look at your hair combed properly, it looks amazing. I do not see any signs of poor quality hair and I did see you in person :).

You and I have spoken extensively about this through WhatsApp, so I am just reiterating this to express my thoughts on the forum.

Whatever you do will be great, but just wanted you to know that to me, your hair looks great.

Another couple of thousand grafts to add more density if you'd like and the deal would be sealed IMHO.

Hey @SLA! Yes yes hah I know how you feel. When I put product in my hair and toppik and have a hair cut I think it looks sooooo good. I will upload a picture of my hair like that for everyone to see. The only problem is that if i touch my hair or take a nap, etc pretty much do anything that could disrupt how it is styled, it ends up looking like the pictures I posted. It becomes a daily stress for me, much like I was stressing before getting a hair transplant. 

I am very confident that one more procedure will surely help me gain the full coverage that I want. When I do the touch up, I don’t think the hair quality will matter as much because I will have more fullness and can keep it at a manageable length. The issue right now is that I have to keep certain sections long, like the hair in my hairline, so I can comb it backwards to create an illusion of density. Now when the hair sticks straight up ( which it tends to do naturally, unless I put a styling wax in it) the overall appearance looks very messy and unappealing. 

my hope is the SMP can augment the current procedure and add some density and when I am able to go back for the second procedure I can attain the final look!  

as always thank you for being a core part of my hair journey. Our talks and your advice helps me navigate the situation as strategically as possible 😊 

• Like 1

I just had a consultation for SMP. It will be $3200 to get it done in 2 sessions. Now I’m thinking some more about what to do from here.

If I choose the 120 rs package at eugenix, it will only be slightly more expensive than SMP, but I will have real hair. For 3000 grafts it would be around $5500-6000 including the flight and hotel. 

what does everyone here think I should do? Go for SMP to get a quick fix for now and then revisit the transplant later or go and get my second procedure done? I am sure I’ll do both SMP and my second procedure at some point regardless but I am confused about the order in which I do it. 

I have currently been more social and am worried that the 1 year recovery time for the transplant may be a hindrance in my day to day life currently. 

• Valued Contributor
50 minutes ago, caveman said:

I just had a consultation for SMP. It will be $3200 to get it done in 2 sessions. Now I’m thinking some more about what to do from here.

If I choose the 120 rs package at eugenix, it will only be slightly more expensive than SMP, but I will have real hair. For 3000 grafts it would be around $5500-6000 including the flight and hotel. 

what does everyone here think I should do? Go for SMP to get a quick fix for now and then revisit the transplant later or go and get my second procedure done? I am sure I’ll do both SMP and my second procedure at some point regardless but I am confused about the order in which I do it. 

I have currently been more social and am worried that the 1 year recovery time for the transplant may be a hindrance in my day to day life currently. 

Your recovery would be a walk in the park because the hair you’ve already had transplanted first time around will grow out after the surgery in just a month or so and will pretty much mask the second sitting. Or you could even got the no-shave route which makes it even easier again. Once you’ve had the frontal third sorted (which you have), the “ugly duckling” phase for future HT’s is barely a thing. 

Personally I wouldn’t waste money on SMP if you’re planning more HT’s. You’re only going to end up covering the SMP anyway with actual hair at some point. 

It's too expensive. I checked prices in Poland and it's 1000-1500$. 

On 12/18/2023 at 1:54 PM, caveman said:

I'd get the HT 1st @caveman then decide on SMP :)

On 12/12/2023 at 3:26 PM, omarca said:

Thanks thats what we are here for! Remember to continue your medications…to avoid further loss…iam on finasteride 1mg oral 4 times a wk and the other 2 days a wk dutasteride 0.5mg oral. Also i use minoxidil 5mg everyday!! Cheers

Hi bro , does smp blend good with your hair and bring the natural look and how does it look when it’s underexposure of the sun or when direct reflection of the light ? Is it noticeable ?

thanks

Smp works good when you have hair to back it up even in sunlight! For people slick bald the smp will be “unatural”. Right now i dont know how it looks in my case because i have hair. But when i first did it it was great because of the existing hair i had. I will shave my head for the HT i have scheduled in march and i will know. For me SMP is a temporary mask for hair loss or maybe some density enhancer but HT is the way to go. 
best regards!

I am new to this forum. I am scheduled to have my transplant done at Eugenix in mid January 2024. I'll be going from the USA for the transplant. I wanted to find out what money transfer service did people use when sending the amount from the US to India. I am having trouble using regular online money transfer services since its a business account in India. Please advise.

• Valued Contributor

I never had problems sending money to Eugenix from Australia. Have you tried Wise? Another thing when it comes to paying for a hair transplant to make it simpler is to find out how many grafts they think you require (ie 4,500) and prepay say for 4,000 grafts. Then pay the balance on a credit card when you are there after your surgery. The first time I had surgery at Eugenix I had a lot of problems trying to pay when I was there. The last thing you want when undergoing surgery is added stress. All the best. 

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I never had problems sending money to Eugenix from Australia. Have you tried Wise? Another thing when it comes to paying for a hair transplant to make it simpler is to find out how many grafts they think you require (ie 4,500) and prepay say for 4,000 grafts. Then pay the balance on a credit card when you are there after your surgery. The first time I had surgery at Eugenix I had a lot of problems trying to pay when I was there. The last thing you want when undergoing surgery is added stress. All the best. 

Thanks for your reply. I was advised that I need 4700 grafts and I'm going with the premium package so I know that amount. I have not used Wise but will give it a try. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, rob80 said:

Thanks for your reply. I was advised that I need 4700 grafts and I'm going with the premium package so I know that amount. I have not used Wise but will give it a try. 

No problem. My first procedure was quite stressful as I was a Norwood 7 with a very poor donor (and beard). I remember the added stress when my money just kept bouncing or not transferring through. The second surgery with Eugenix a year later was a lot more simpler stress wise by just prepaying and focusing on the surgery. 👍