When to take oral minoxidil?

Antlor

I just received my minoxidil tablets. Since minoxidil can increase your heart rate, should I take the medicine just before bedtime? I am not certain what the half-life is. I was thinking if I take it in the morning and I were to partake in physical activity such as jogging, I can have excessive beating of the heart.

I find it peculiar to take a vasodilator drug that increases blood flow to have more hair. Minoxidil is not really addressing the underlying issue of hair loss, which is DHT attacking the hair follicles. However, since some doctors are raving about oral minoxidil, I’ll give it a try.

med 9-21-22.jpeg

• Administrators

Minoxidil is only one part of the equation, you need to stop DHT from attacking the hair follicles as well. I take minoxidil in the morning. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Mike10 said:

Minox is a weak weapon in the fight against hair loss

Varies person to person. I've taken half a Norwood off my hairline in 4 months of using topical. Granted they're baby hairs maybe an inch or so, but the illusion of density it provides is huge. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Varies person to person. I've taken half a Norwood off my hairline in 4 months of using topical. Granted they're baby hairs maybe an inch or so, but the illusion of density it provides is huge. 

I do not doubt it. I meant in the long term. As Melvin said, it does not block DHT.

Edited by Mike10

• Administrators

I think oral minoxidil is a good weapon, but alone it won’t be as effective as combined with finasteride.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I read on the Internet that people would ingest liquid minoxidil. Personally, I would not because topical minoxidil is manufactured in different standards and has chemicals that might not be suitable for internal consumption.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2022 at 9:57 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think oral minoxidil is a good weapon, but alone it won’t be as effective as combined with finasteride.

If oral minoxidil is not effective on its own then why are you not take finasteride as well? I’m just curious 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

If oral minoxidil is not effective on its own then why are you not take finasteride as well? I’m just curious 

I didn’t say it wasn’t effective. It’s still effective, but NOT as effective as combining it with finasteride. Finasteride isn’t as effective either without minoxidil. I’m taking xyon topical finasteride. Should get it next week, look out for my thread.

• Like 1

View my thread

27 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t effective. It’s still effective, but NOT as effective as combining it with finasteride. Finasteride isn’t as effective either without minoxidil. I’m taking xyon topical finasteride. Should get it next week, look out for my thread.

Can you post the link here so I can follow it? Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...