6140 unit HT -- ( Donor: Head & Beard ) -- Dr. Resul Yaman - My Experience - over 2 days -

Timothy

Hello Everyone, I'd like to share my experience with Dr Resul Yaman.

First I have been an observer here for a while and I've learned much valuable information here so thank you to everyone who takes and took the time to review and post helpful information that we all can benefit from. I have followed many of your stories/experiences and found them very helpful in my personal journey and I hope this may help others as you all have helped me.

I started going bald when I was about the age of 22 and it's always had an inner impact on my life, outwardly no one could tell but inwardly I was never happy about the way I looked. I spent some time many years ago seeing my options here in Canada but was way out of my budget and i kinda let it go for many years not believing anything could be done for me. A few years ago I revisited the idea of doing a HT and I chose a clinic out of Turkey that i later realized ( with the help of this community ) was a "Hair mill" so Im kinda glad the covid shut down happened which enabled me from getting the work done a few years back and it gave me the time to research more and find this community.

After considerable consideration, reviews and a few other different factors I narrowed my procedure down to 3. Dr Bicer, Dr Turan and Dr Yaman. My response from Dr Bicer's was none at first but a response came once I had already booked which stated to wait several months and grow my hair longer and resubmit pics. Dr Turan's clinic was relatively quick and was on par with Dr Yamas's clinic but I just felt more comfortable with Dr Yaman due to the time, care and support they showed me, not turning away any question but answered them thoroughly. I dealt primarily with Dr Yaman's director Doga who really is a great guy to deal with, I personally had a great experience with him as a genuine individual.

So I booked my HT with Dr Yaman's clinic for sept 13 & 14. I arrived on the 12th and was met buy there driver who took me to the hotel, I got settled and was picked up from the hotel at 8;30 in the morning, and brought to the clinic, did blood work and met with Dr Yaman. The doctor checked out my donor area, took time to explain the process, Drew the hairline that we agreed upon, a little more recession for a more concentration on top and crown.

Then they used a 3D tool that counted my grafts in the donor area which was quite interesting.  we went through thickness of hair and talked about coverage with the beard,  the doctor was confident that i'd have  good coverage on front, middle and crown. He concentrated on the front, middle the first day and the second day would be the crown. The doctor also determined that they would do all the extractions by hand with no motor tool being used at all.

Day 1..... we began about 10 am and the doctor himself did the freezing, and I did find it at times painful, but as Doga puts it " no pain no gain ". Then the head of his team who has been with him for 10 years did the removal with the Doctor coming in at least 3 times every hour to see everything, he only books a max of 2 people per day but this day i was booked alone for most of that day. after about 6 hours or so the extractions were done and the Doctor came in to do the opening of the channels himself then the implantation was carried out by his lead team with again Dr Yaman continually coming in to check quite often and him reassuring me what was going on and how happy he was about the way it was all coming together. I also was put on oxygen during both procedures, Day 1 & 2. 

Day 2 pretty much was carried out the same way, same people etc, The freezing was a little worse in my opinion im assuming due to the freezing from day one and the bruising that was left due to the pokes from the day before. Once the head was finished we moved on to the beard area which was carried out by the same people again and once done we took a break, had lunch and then I went back and the doctor came in again to open the channels as before in the crown area. once finished around 7 or 8 pm was bandaged up and we talked for a bit and was brought back to the hotel.

The next day I went back to the clinic for Ozone Therapy, again Dr Yaman came to check out everything and he was extremely pleased how it looked, The following day i again went for another session of Ozone therapy saw the doctor and again was reassured everything looked fantastic. Then on the final day I was brought back for the first washing and was taught how to continue the washing process at home. So everyday i spent time in the clinic, and during this time i got to meet some great people and especially the staff.

To conclude I can say that i am well pleased the way everything was handled, the way they explain everything, the care taken from beginning to end, Dr Yaman is a straight up guy and a pleasure to deal with as well as his director Doga, just great all around guys to deal with.

I'm sure there is so much more i left out but overall i feel happy especially on the inside when i look in the mirror, I do hope everything turns out and looks good once a few month's roll around and the growing begins.... now the waiting game!!

i will keep updating to show progress. 

-2080 Single -2830 Double -1230 Multiple

I apologize for the lengthy post and I thank you kindly looking and for allowing me to share my experience. Please let me know what you think, Thanks again!!

PHOTO-2022-08-30-14-02-15.jpg

ea0469af-4e1f-4959-9f89-338b17cf26e8.JPG

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

d2514936-84d2-4ca2-b1d7-79c884f4d65f.JPG

7027b436-adbd-408b-a14c-f6012b05342b.JPG

7d388f45-f42c-47b6-ba86-bcb79ba899c2.JPG

View recent photos.jpeg

• Like 2

So Yaman now uses the manual and non-motorized extraction method?  He is already the second patient I read today to have been operated on in Yaman's clinic and to have had manual extractions.

2 minutes ago, ITA said:

So Yaman now uses the manual and non-motorized extraction method?  He is already the second patient I read today to have been operated on in Yaman's clinic and to have had manual extractions.

Yes, for me it was all done manually on the head area, but they did used the motorized method on the beard area.

Happy growing man. Indeed you are the second patient that we hear that dr Yaman used manual punch for the extraction of grafts. Did u ask from the doctor to do the extraction of donor with manual instead of motorised punch ? Although your recipient area is huge to cover I think that you will get quite good coverage with 6k grafts. Can you tell us the cost of your hair transplant for the 6140 grafts ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Happy growing man. Indeed you are the second patient that we hear that dr Yaman used manual punch for the extraction of grafts. Did u ask from the doctor to do the extraction of donor with manual instead of motorised punch ? Although your recipient area is huge to cover I think that you will get quite good coverage with 6k grafts. Can you tell us the cost of your hair transplant for the 6140 grafts ?

Even the second who was given oxygen (the other because he had changed his color a bit) and to be subjected to ozone therapy.

2 hours ago, Jackdaniels said:

Thank you for encouraging words, Im staying confident that once everything begins to grow  i will get a nice coverage and it will look dense. 

In regards to asking for manual extraction, no i never asked for it. During our discussions it was first  discussed that i would do 4k grafts to the frontal and mid with the crown to be done in 9 months or so, then I asked could we do the crown at the same time, was that an option? so Doga ( Dr Yaman's director ) told me to leave it with him and he would consult with the doctor and get back to me.

He did get back to me, and after speaking to the doctor and re evaluating the additional pics the doctor was confident in doing the crown as well

But ...... I was to stay 5 days due to a 2 day procedure opposed to the one. also the doctor said he didn't want to use to motorized tool not to jeopardize any of my donor hairs, he wanted to to it manually, he mentioned it would be a lot longer sitting  but better to go the manuel route and finally he would use ozone therapy to give more strength to the follicles due to the amount of grafts so we can achieve a great result. 

Once i was there and after the first initial meeting with Dr Yaman, he said to me that he was confident in my case and he was positive that the outcome was going to be surprisingly well  and he mentioned that was going to use  to use oxygen. After the first session and in the morning when I went back he was at his clinic eary, as was I and it was only the two of us so he sat next to me and got up and started to examine the work from the day previous and was extremely pleased in the work, he got excited, which got me excited,  and said to me that today he was going to use oxygen again as it helped from previous day.

In all this, it was all Dr Yaman who set this all up himself, I believe he is a genuine Dr and he showed me time and care to achieve the best overall result in my case and i am confident it's going to grow in nicely!! ( fingers Crossed!! ) 

The cost was double I believe the standard cost for the arround 4k is $ 3250. only going by what the price was prior to the double procedure, but once we discussed the 2 day double procedure the price pretty much doubled to $ 6350.

• Like 1

Just to put it out there we also initially set out to do upwards of 7 - 7,5 grafts but after the examination Dr Yaman was more reserve to not to take that many so we don't end up in a over harvest to the donor area in case id need a touch up 10yrs down the road or so. 

I thought this was worth mentioning. Thanks!! 

17 hours ago, Timothy said:

Thank you for encouraging words, Im staying confident that once everything begins to grow  i will get a nice coverage and it will look dense. 

In regards to asking for manual extraction, no i never asked for it. During our discussions it was first  discussed that i would do 4k grafts to the frontal and mid with the crown to be done in 9 months or so, then I asked could we do the crown at the same time, was that an option? so Doga ( Dr Yaman's director ) told me to leave it with him and he would consult with the doctor and get back to me.

He did get back to me, and after speaking to the doctor and re evaluating the additional pics the doctor was confident in doing the crown as well

But ...... I was to stay 5 days due to a 2 day procedure opposed to the one. also the doctor said he didn't want to use to motorized tool not to jeopardize any of my donor hairs, he wanted to to it manually, he mentioned it would be a lot longer sitting  but better to go the manuel route and finally he would use ozone therapy to give more strength to the follicles due to the amount of grafts so we can achieve a great result. 

Once i was there and after the first initial meeting with Dr Yaman, he said to me that he was confident in my case and he was positive that the outcome was going to be surprisingly well  and he mentioned that was going to use  to use oxygen. After the first session and in the morning when I went back he was at his clinic eary, as was I and it was only the two of us so he sat next to me and got up and started to examine the work from the day previous and was extremely pleased in the work, he got excited, which got me excited,  and said to me that today he was going to use oxygen again as it helped from previous day.

In all this, it was all Dr Yaman who set this all up himself, I believe he is a genuine Dr and he showed me time and care to achieve the best overall result in my case and i am confident it's going to grow in nicely!! ( fingers Crossed!! ) 

The cost was double I believe the standard cost for the arround 4k is $ 3250. only going by what the price was prior to the double procedure, but once we discussed the 2 day double procedure the price pretty much doubled to $ 6350.

Thanks for the detailed information. Yaman seems to care a lot about his patients and spends much time with them which is very important. 
So in your case yaman suggested 2 procedures with 9 months difference but u wanted to do the crown as well so he Did a Big one with more than 6 k grafts. It’s more convenient to do it all in once but sometimes it’s better to do it separately for best donor management. 
Regarding the cost I see that yaman charges about 3250 each day so if u do a 2 day procedure u will be charged double the price…

do u know the densities of grafts per cm2 in each area (frontal third, midscalp and crown ? 

On 9/22/2022 at 6:03 AM, Jackdaniels said:

Thanks for the detailed information. Yaman seems to care a lot about his patients and spends much time with them which is very important. 
So in your case yaman suggested 2 procedures with 9 months difference but u wanted to do the crown as well so he Did a Big one with more than 6 k grafts. It’s more convenient to do it all in once but sometimes it’s better to do it separately for best donor management. 
Regarding the cost I see that yaman charges about 3250 each day so if u do a 2 day procedure u will be charged double the price…

do u know the densities of grafts per cm2 in each area (frontal third, midscalp and crown ? 

Thanks for the reply... could you expound upon the term donor management and how that could/did affect me? I believe that the donor area is healing nicely based on what i can physically see. I'm hoping and believe i will achieve a great result with a good density that i wouldn't need a 2nd procedure. 

In regards to the grafts per cm2 in each area i don't recall off hand but i have contacted Dr Yaman's clinic and they will get that info for me and i will update once i receive that information.

For those who may be interested Im now on day 16 & 17 from the day of my two HT's and the scabs are all off, they came off by day 10.  I'd also like to mention about the after care I am experiencing with Dr Yama, They have reached out to me a couple of times to check on the progress, they had also asked me to send some picks after the 10 day wash which I did to see how the progress is going, everything from donor to the actual recipient area to see how it is looking and to advise what to do now in regards to shampoo etc. So It's good to know they dont just perform the surgery and leave you there, for a patient I feel that's important because they do this daily I don't and we or I at least have a tone of questions which they answer always with no problems.

I don't know if the pics are good quality but hopefully they are good enough to see what's going on.

Thank you for allowing me to post and hope this may help someone. Thanks. 

IMG_5353.PNG

IMG_5326.PNG

IMG_5321.jpg

• Like 1

I have to say your beard extractions seem to have healed remarkably well. I don't see any sign that you had extractions there only 5 days later. 

Makes me confident as as I have about as thick a beard as humanly possible that matches my scalp hair fairly well so I think I'll have plenty of donor in the tank if I ever need it. 

• Like 1

I couldn't have agreed more, when I first saw the extraction holes I was thinking all was lost and I wouldn't be able to grow neck hair, not that I would but it was a thought, but after a few days I was shocked. Even today it's like back to normal, if that makes sense. I personally don't even see a difference at all, like I never extracted anything. Quite pleased. 

I'm hoping I won't need another HT to fill or whatever, but If I do I'm confident I may as well have some more BH to tap into if i had to. but i'm patiently waiting... Trying to stay patient lol as I've seen that patience is needed in HT surgery and i still maintain that I will have a solid result without the need for another IMO. 

Edited by Timothy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 3:23 PM, Timothy said:

Hello Everyone, I'd like to share my experience with Dr Resul Yaman.

First I have been an observer here for a while and I've learned much valuable information here so thank you to everyone who takes and took the time to review and post helpful information that we all can benefit from. I have followed many of your stories/experiences and found them very helpful in my personal journey and I hope this may help others as you all have helped me.

I started going bald when I was about the age of 22 and it's always had an inner impact on my life, outwardly no one could tell but inwardly I was never happy about the way I looked. I spent some time many years ago seeing my options here in Canada but was way out of my budget and i kinda let it go for many years not believing anything could be done for me. A few years ago I revisited the idea of doing a HT and I chose a clinic out of Turkey that i later realized ( with the help of this community ) was a "Hair mill" so Im kinda glad the covid shut down happened which enabled me from getting the work done a few years back and it gave me the time to research more and find this community.

After considerable consideration, reviews and a few other different factors I narrowed my procedure down to 3. Dr Bicer, Dr Turan and Dr Yaman. My response from Dr Bicer's was none at first but a response came once I had already booked which stated to wait several months and grow my hair longer and resubmit pics. Dr Turan's clinic was relatively quick and was on par with Dr Yamas's clinic but I just felt more comfortable with Dr Yaman due to the time, care and support they showed me, not turning away any question but answered them thoroughly. I dealt primarily with Dr Yaman's director Doga who really is a great guy to deal with, I personally had a great experience with him as a genuine individual.

So I booked my HT with Dr Yaman's clinic for sept 13 & 14. I arrived on the 12th and was met buy there driver who took me to the hotel, I got settled and was picked up from the hotel at 8;30 in the morning, and brought to the clinic, did blood work and met with Dr Yaman. The doctor checked out my donor area, took time to explain the process, Drew the hairline that we agreed upon, a little more recession for a more concentration on top and crown.

Then they used a 3D tool that counted my grafts in the donor area which was quite interesting.  we went through thickness of hair and talked about coverage with the beard,  the doctor was confident that i'd have  good coverage on front, middle and crown. He concentrated on the front, middle the first day and the second day would be the crown. The doctor also determined that they would do all the extractions by hand with no motor tool being used at all.

Day 1..... we began about 10 am and the doctor himself did the freezing, and I did find it at times painful, but as Doga puts it " no pain no gain ". Then the head of his team who has been with him for 10 years did the removal with the Doctor coming in at least 3 times every hour to see everything, he only books a max of 2 people per day but this day i was booked alone for most of that day. after about 6 hours or so the extractions were done and the Doctor came in to do the opening of the channels himself then the implantation was carried out by his lead team with again Dr Yaman continually coming in to check quite often and him reassuring me what was going on and how happy he was about the way it was all coming together. I also was put on oxygen during both procedures, Day 1 & 2. 

Day 2 pretty much was carried out the same way, same people etc, The freezing was a little worse in my opinion im assuming due to the freezing from day one and the bruising that was left due to the pokes from the day before. Once the head was finished we moved on to the beard area which was carried out by the same people again and once done we took a break, had lunch and then I went back and the doctor came in again to open the channels as before in the crown area. once finished around 7 or 8 pm was bandaged up and we talked for a bit and was brought back to the hotel.

The next day I went back to the clinic for Ozone Therapy, again Dr Yaman came to check out everything and he was extremely pleased how it looked, The following day i again went for another session of Ozone therapy saw the doctor and again was reassured everything looked fantastic. Then on the final day I was brought back for the first washing and was taught how to continue the washing process at home. So everyday i spent time in the clinic, and during this time i got to meet some great people and especially the staff.

To conclude I can say that i am well pleased the way everything was handled, the way they explain everything, the care taken from beginning to end, Dr Yaman is a straight up guy and a pleasure to deal with as well as his director Doga, just great all around guys to deal with.

I'm sure there is so much more i left out but overall i feel happy especially on the inside when i look in the mirror, I do hope everything turns out and looks good once a few month's roll around and the growing begins.... now the waiting game!!

i will keep updating to show progress. 

-2080 Single -2830 Double -1230 Multiple

I apologize for the lengthy post and I thank you kindly looking and for allowing me to share my experience. Please let me know what you think, Thanks again!!

PHOTO-2022-08-30-14-02-15.jpg

ea0469af-4e1f-4959-9f89-338b17cf26e8.JPG

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

d2514936-84d2-4ca2-b1d7-79c884f4d65f.JPG

7027b436-adbd-408b-a14c-f6012b05342b.JPG

7d388f45-f42c-47b6-ba86-bcb79ba899c2.JPG

View recent photos.jpeg

That must have been a great feeling to have taken those crust off when it was time.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators

Your beard healed incredibly well. The beard area heals much better than the scalp in my experience. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, uu777 said:

Hi Tim,

I am following your post as I’m interested seeing your progress. It’s now  Oct . 11, do you have any updated pictures? Does Dr. Yaman accept credit card as a payment? 

Hello,

In regards to CC payment i'm not sure if Dr Yaman's office accepts that form of payment, I know that most prefer cash but just ask them, they ar quick to respond. Hopefully that helps.  I am now 4 weeks since having my procedure and I will post some pics in a few min. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vann said:

That must have been a great feeling to have taken those crust off when it was time.

Hello Vann,

YES!!! It really is a great feeling. It's actually wasn't an effort at all, I just followed Melvin's video and let it soak... once the time went by... I believe it was about 30 min or so and they came right off on day 10. The shedding though is quite minimal I might add, from what i can tell anyways.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your beard healed incredibly well. The beard area heals much better than the scalp in my experience. 

Thanks for the encouraging words, I thought so myself and I don't even notice a difference to be honest. I have to agree in regards to beard healing better then scalp after my experience, I did see your journey and It really inspired me.

At first, once i saw the beard extraction area right after it was complete, I was thinking Ohhh there is nothing left but a few days later I realized, ok breath I'm good.  

58 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Hello Vann,

YES!!! It really is a great feeling. It's actually wasn't an effort at all, I just followed Melvin's video and let it soak... once the time went by... I believe it was about 30 min or so and they came right off on day 10. The shedding though is quite minimal I might add, from what i can tell anyways.

Man, my scabs were a bit tough to take off at first but yeah when they come off they feel sooooo great. 

the shedding phase is different for everyone but general consensus or in most cases you’ll shed between 2-4 weeks closer to the 3-4 week mark. Sometimes you could have some shock loss that makes it look worse. But of course overtime your recipient and donor will get better.

anyways thanks for sharing and happy growing man.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022