6140 unit HT -- ( Donor: Head & Beard ) -- Dr. Resul Yaman - My Experience - over 2 days -

Timothy

Hope this finds you doing well. Could you please update your post with new pictures?  I am in the exact spot you started from and will have a surgery with Dr. Yaman at the end of January.  Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! hope you all are doing great, staying happy and enjoying your day.

Thanks to everyone who shares their input here as HRN really is a great community with a lot of educated caring people who help and inspire many, including myself, I follow a lot of your Journey's which keeps me sane in these growing months waiting it out.

Today marks the 4 month mark, I started to see growth a few weeks back and it seems to be getting more and more daily IMHO, I will just put up the pics that were all taken today. 

I have stopped shaving my head now and will just let it grow, it's been just over 2 weeks since my lasts #2 shave/cut. 

I also wanted to say I am not on any meds, just the vitamins that were provided for me, and a daily spray with  Saw palmetto and some avocado oil for the donor area.

Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. your opinions keep me sane in this growing time, Especially the feedback from the members who have knowledge in this process. Thank you all I appreciate it, Take care.

I hope these photos suffice, they are taken with my phone with me under pot lights if that make a difference. Also I do have Avocado oil in my donnor as it was applied an hour or so ago. Thanks again have a great day!!

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

Edited by Timothy

If I may I also wanted to ask if anybody knows, when I get stressed, or a cough/sneeze or a few other minor actions I seem to get a hot flash that lasts seconds but rushes up my scalp and the feeling is as pins and needles all over the recipient area, I'm guessing this will be nerves and it will work itself out.  If anyone could help I'd appreciate that kindly.

Edited by Timothy

16 hours ago, Bald47 said:

Can you give me an idea of what items you took with you and if there was something you had wished you would have took?

I really didn't take anything out of the ordinary to be honest, But for me I wish I brought Airpods so I had something to listen to during the lengthy procedure. Also i've read on hear after the fact unfortunately was to bring a button up shirt for after the procedure, I never brought one and it was a little more careful attention needed for removal of the shirt etc but this is a big plus. Id also add a neck pillow, the one they provide was a little small in my opinion so that may also be an option. Hopefully this helps, sorry I couldn't be more of a help and good luck with your surgery!!

On 1/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, Timothy said:

Hello everyone! hope you all are doing great, staying happy and enjoying your day.

Thanks to everyone who shares their input here as HRN really is a great community with a lot of educated caring people who help and inspire many, including myself, I follow a lot of your Journey's which keeps me sane in these growing months waiting it out.

Today marks the 4 month mark, I started to see growth a few weeks back and it seems to be getting more and more daily IMHO, I will just put up the pics that were all taken today. 

I have stopped shaving my head now and will just let it grow, it's been just over 2 weeks since my lasts #2 shave/cut. 

I also wanted to say I am not on any meds, just the vitamins that were provided for me, and a daily spray with  Saw palmetto and some avocado oil for the donor area.

Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. your opinions keep me sane in this growing time, Especially the feedback from the members who have knowledge in this process. Thank you all I appreciate it, Take care.

I hope these photos suffice, they are taken with my phone with me under pot lights if that make a difference. Also I do have Avocado oil in my donnor as it was applied an hour or so ago. Thanks again have a great day!!

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

Wow it’s coming up nicely Tim! It’s just the fourth month and your hair is already filling up the spaces. I also think the beard is blending well with the hair as well as they all look like they’re the same already. I’m happy for you Tim! Thank you for the update. 

11 hours ago, uu777 said:

Wow it’s coming up nicely Tim! It’s just the fourth month and your hair is already filling up the spaces. I also think the beard is blending well with the hair as well as they all look like they’re the same already. I’m happy for you Tim! Thank you for the update. 

Thank you kindly, I appreciate the feedback. I agree with the beard hair it blends quite well IMHO and hopping for a great result in the next few months ahead. 

Hoping your well and I wish you luck when you figure out what direction you are headed in. Take care.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dannyboy88 said:

Hi @Timothyi have been following your progress and it looks great. Glad you had a good experience with Dr Yaman.

I am booked in at the start of Feb for a similar amount of grafts, very nervous but watching your progress has definitely helped.

Good to hear, good luck with your surgery, all the best and please share your experience when you get started as I and others would like to see your journey. All the best!

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Bald47 said:

I just returned from my transplant with Dr. Yaman.  Everything you described was 100% accurate.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. 

happy growing to your surgery with dr yaman. It would be nice if you could make your own thread and share your journey with us...

I plan on writing a detailed account of my experience as soon as time permits.  This forum was very beneficial for me while making the decisions I made.  I hope to give back to the community so others may be able to make a good decision as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 2:34 PM, Bald47 said:

I just returned from my transplant with Dr. Yaman.  Everything you described was 100% accurate.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. 

No problem at all and happy i could be of help and i'm glad everything worked out great for you. I look forward to following your journey and watching your results come to fruition.  All the best.

So today marks the 5 Month mark, I know I have still some time to go but Im starting to see some good progress starting to take place In my opinion. Again I don't take any meds outside of vitamins. I have been letting it grow out since the end of Dec but I may go get a trim and maybe a blend on the sides but I will leave the top to grow out, I'm actually looking forward to it as I haven't been to a barber in over 20 or more years. 

I am still hoping and expecting more growth / coverage to come.  I am staying positive this will happen as there is still months of growing ahead of me. 

I do hope to have some feedback to what you all think about how the growth is for entering the 5th month. I do appreciate all who can respond. Thank you and have a great day everyone.

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5928 (1).jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

Edited by Timothy
  • Wow 1

Looks promising @Timothyand considering you’re still on the 5th month mark. What I noticed that is common in this forum is by 6 month onwards, you will see the significant growth. I’m seeing that the beard hair has blended well with your native hair. Im already excited for the update next month 😆

Thank you for the update and photos @Timothy! By the way, how’s the donor area? Can you post photos if you don’t mind, thank you again!

• Thanks 1