6140 unit HT -- ( Donor: Head & Beard ) -- Dr. Resul Yaman - My Experience - over 2 days -

Timothy

Tomorrow will be the one month mark since my HT and uu777 had asked for an update so sure here are some pics. I do see some shedding now that i'm looking at the pictures but still hoping things are right on track, (input is always appreciated)
,  I do suffer from itching and i find the saline spray to be effective, hoping that ends soon lol. I also am dealing with pimples both in the donor and recipient area... I was wondering should i pop them with care or just leave them alone? 

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5432 (1).jpg

IMG_5434 (1).jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

Thank you for the updates and pictures Tim. What did dr. Yaman say about the pimples? Please dont pop it as it may get infected. I would ask dr.Yaman for advice on what to do with it if I was you. I appreciate your updates man. Im still searching and lookign around on different clinics and doctors but now leaning to Dr.Yaman. I would definitely follow you closely, thanks again and hoping the best outcome of your HT.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uu777 said:

Thank you for the updates and pictures Tim. What did dr. Yaman say about the pimples? Please dont pop it as it may get infected. I would ask dr.Yaman for advice on what to do with it if I was you. I appreciate your updates man. Im still searching and lookign around on different clinics and doctors but now leaning to Dr.Yaman. I would definitely follow you closely, thanks again and hoping the best outcome of your HT.

Thank you I appreciate the kind words. Yes, I will ask Dr Yaman and not pop anything but just keep clean. Good luck on your search and hope for the best on who you choose to go with. I will continue to post updates and hopefully this will help.

• Like 1

Tim, 

Did Dr. Yaman discuss with you the hairline? I've read somewhere that a good hairline would be in a zigzag shape. Did he mention that he does that kind of method (zigzag)? I have been watching a lot of his youtube videos and I think that the hair in the hairline of the patients he is showing has some noticeable gaps in between which will let someone know you had a transplant.

13 hours ago, uu777 said:

Tim, 

Did Dr. Yaman discuss with you the hairline? I've read somewhere that a good hairline would be in a zigzag shape. Did he mention that he does that kind of method (zigzag)? I have been watching a lot of his youtube videos and I think that the hair in the hairline of the patients he is showing has some noticeable gaps in between which will let someone know you had a transplant.

Hello,

Yes, Dr Yaman did discuss the hairline right away and he was really open to hearing my request/concerns and working with me to get that natural hairline, He did tell me how he would do this but i don't recall exact wording plus with the language barrier it was more of drawings and other methods, so he does take that seriously in his work. sorry i'm not much of a help in regards to your question as I'm not entirely knowledgeable about the technical's nor the proper terminologies involved in creating that perfect hairline, As for me personally Dr Yaman told me that he was creating a natural hairline so It would not be detectable and look natural so I put my confidence in him and his work. HTH

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Timothy said:

Hello,

Yes, Dr Yaman did discuss the hairline right away and he was really open to hearing my request/concerns and working with me to get that natural hairline, He did tell me how he would do this but i don't recall exact wording plus with the language barrier it was more of drawings and other methods, so he does take that seriously in his work. sorry i'm not much of a help in regards to your question as I'm not entirely knowledgeable about the technical's nor the proper terminologies involved in creating that perfect hairline, As for me personally Dr Yaman told me that he was creating a natural hairline so It would not be detectable and look natural so I put my confidence in him and his work. HTH

Ok thank you @Timothy

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Timothy thanks for the update and at 4 weeks everything looks very clean. I wouldn't touch anything at this stage and I wouldn't pop any pimples, etc. You have many months ahead of you and so far it's looking great. The ugly duckling phase can be an anxious period for many people but like all things in life it passes. Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 2:49 AM, Gatsby said:

@Timothy thanks for the update and at 4 weeks everything looks very clean. I wouldn't touch anything at this stage and I wouldn't pop any pimples, etc. You have many months ahead of you and so far it's looking great. The ugly duckling phase can be an anxious period for many people but like all things in life it passes. Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing!

Thank you @Gatsbyi appreciate your words of encouragement and for your valued opinion, it does set my mind at ease, sure it's a mind game for the most part but thats why I do appreciate this site and all you who post so I can spend hours looking and seeing how they progress in similar situations. In regards to the pimples, I did pop a few especially on the donor area earlier but as from a few days ago forward im just leaving everything be as it is.

Thanks again I do appreciate it.

Edited by Timothy
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 6:51 PM, Timothy said:

Thank you kindly @Gramatikfor the encouraging words and im soooo looking forward to see the results myself.

You're welcome my friend. A few more months left. Just be patient and you will enjoy your new appearence 👍👌

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gramatik said:

You're welcome my friend. A few more months left. Just be patient and you will enjoy your new appearence 👍👌

Thanks again, I’m so looking forward to it. I’ve learned here best that patience is one of the most important fundamental ingredients in hair restoration…. Now to live by my own words is easier said than done!! But I’m taking it one month at a time. Again, thank you kindly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pbaird98 said:

This is looking good, maybe a touch of shock loss from what I can see? I see Dr Yaman has been evolving in his methods/techniques 👌🏿

Thanks!! Ya I would agree in regards to some shock loss, in the last week I have noticed it. Im confident it will get better with some time. 

I would personally say in my honest opinion that Dr Yaman is doing a good job!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Timothy. I have a HT booked with Dr. Yaman at the end of this month and just spoke to them about doing the 2 day operation like you did. Any recommendations? How does your donor area look? How has your beard grown in since the surgery. Any updated photos would be greatly appreciated! Looks like they did an awesome job and I can't wait to get mine done. 

So today would be my 2 month mark, still early and not much to see. I did shed on top contrary to my belief, i guess i was just liking the new look and was in denial... lol.  Everything seems to be going well and healing up nicely. I no longer have major itching in the donor area, its minimal id say, still some itching in the recipient area. I still have a lot of the red scalp, that seems to be lingering but i'm sure is normal this early on. In regards to the pimples, they have subsided somewhat in the donor area but have increased a lot in the recipient area, but i just leave them be and let nature do its thing.  In regards to numbness, i still am numb on top but only the middle line from crown to tip, probably about .25 - .50 of in inch wide straight down the middle if i'd had to guess and if that makes sense.

The photos i am uploading are after shaving my head, (donor area, and scalp was trimmed by hand with scissors), I did manage to get a couple of pics before the shave, wish I took more but hopefully these pics would suffice.

I am definitely looking forward to the next few months to see the growth come in but still have a ways to go. 

Thank you all for your input and for looking have a great day. 

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5497.jpg

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

11 minutes ago, Goheb said:

Wishing you the best of luck Timothy - I am confident it will look great once it grows back in!. 

I am curious about how your beard donor area is looking. Would you mind sharing a picture of that!? 

Thank you kindly, I appreciate the comment and I as well am confident it will turn out great. Also sure I will upload a shot of the beard area in a few min. 

Thanks. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:11 AM, DanceDad said:

When you booked with Yaman did you find that the pre op service wasn’t great?

I mean no joining instructions, no hotel info and lack of a proper confirmation until being chased?

Not at all in my experience, the communication was great,once I sent them my flight info with a few hours I had sent to me all hotel info, there driver info and where to go at the airport to meet driver. My flight was delayed by 3 hours and when I finally arrived there he was exactly as mentioned to me. Once I got in the car the drivers phone rang and it was Dr Yamans coordinator who asked the driver to give me the phone and he reiterated everything back to me and told me again all the details. so for me it was actually handled great without any issues or guesswork  

Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1