Dermatology price apointment 🥺

Grzegorz641

• Administrators

I'm confused you mean $1,800 for a consultation?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

ridiculous. what kind of a derm are you going too? can you name the clinic? 

What is your issue hair loss? Dr Robin unger should be a good resource in NYC. She is a derm/ hair transplant surgeon and faculty at Mt. Sinai. Still may be pricey but doubt 1800 for a consult

Yea based on that picture you have male pattern baldness. No need to waste $1800 or even $18 on seeing a dermatologist. Start researching for good hair transplant doctors on here, their consultation visits are free.

Yep definitely receding front n rear .. with thinning up top.. not much the doctor going to be able to tell u , but to try the big 3 n hopefully it helps slows the progress.. there is nothing else they can do for u.. except maybe look at the densitometer to measure the thickness of ur hair n better able to tell which part is minuturizing.. but u can already tell by the pictures .. 

Or they could do a scalp biopsy to see if u have some underlying conditions .. other than that nothing they can do for ya. But profit $1800 .. 

steaks n lobsters for  everyone :) 

• Like 1

• Administrators

1,800 for a consultation is absurd. Use our list as a starting point. Most consultations range from $300-350.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I honestly would not get a HT consultation anywhere if it's not for free. They make so much during the procedure that the consult better be complimentary. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mavigo said:

I honestly would not get a HT consultation anywhere if it's not for free. They make so much during the procedure that the consult better be complimentary. 

Almost all hair transplant Drs used to offer free consultations, but these days so many people get many multiple consultations which means the Drs are doing a lot more consultations compared to how many patients they are actually getting from it. This makes them have to start charging for all the extra time they are spending on consultations these days. I think this is especially true in the USA and perhaps the UK too where people who live there get consultations from high quality Drs/clinics, but have no intention of ever going there for the actual transplant. They then go to a lower cost country to have the surgery without ever having a consultation there because they just had 3 of them in their own country, just to get a good idea of the number of grafts and what they can expect. So basically what happens is the Drs in the higher priced countries are doing the in-person consultations for the Drs in the lower priced countries.

Most places, though, will put the cost of the consultation towards the hair transplant if you go with them, so essentially, if you are serious about getting a hair transplant with the Dr you had a consultation with then it will be a free consulation.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

ur hair is still good .. but yeah when wet u can see where it’s going to thin out eventually ,, don’t deny the situation u gotta research the big 3 ., getting a hairtransplant right now is a bad idea .. see if u can retain that frontal 1/3rd n keep that forelock strong .. before u want to fill in the temples.. u still have fullness in ur overall hair ,. U gotta do ur best to keep that .. 

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that you should bypass the dermatologist altogether - especially one charging $1,800 for a consultation 😫 - and focus on finding some hair transplant surgeons you want to meet with. 

As for consultation fees with HT surgeons, there are many reasons it's become more common for them to charge for them - one of the main reasons being that it's way easier for patients to simply not show up for a consultation if they don't have anything on the line. This is problematic not only because the surgeon ends up wasting their very valuable time, but also because this keeps other patients who would love one of those appointments from being able to meet with the surgeon sooner. Most of the top surgeons have a pretty long waitlist, and they have limited time available for consultations. Charging a nominal fee for the consultation (that I believe almost always goes towards the price of the procedure should you decide to book with them), is a very fair way to mitigate this. I understand the mentality of not wanting to pay for a consultation, but whether or not a surgeon chooses to do this isn't indicative of anything other than they find it's the most efficient way to run their practice both for themselves and their potential/future patients. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56