Private Messages Announcement

• Administrators

Guys, I suspect this may have something to do with a "zoom level" as I can see the "envelope" icon on my Android phone.

image.png

I also have a really old iPhone that shows the envelope too (cannot get the screenshot to my desktop and only use this device for testing)

image.jpeg

I also have a tablet and that shows the envelope too.

61891627-9ABB-45C5-9C10-C8B906B7C645.jpeg

• Like 1

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Guys, I suspect this may have something to do with a "zoom level" as I can see the "envelope" icon on my Android phone.

image.png

I also have a really old iPhone that shows the envelope too (cannot get the screenshot to my desktop and only use this device for testing)

image.jpeg

I also have a tablet and that shows the envelope too.

61891627-9ABB-45C5-9C10-C8B906B7C645.jpeg

This may be because we have a third category to check for flagged posts. Normal poster’s only have the bell and the envelope, which is covered by the “x” can we change the position of the x?

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

@Hans - Webmaster

Here’s an example the x covers the envelope when there’s only two options.

image.png

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

I found that the custom theme for the site was rather heavily modified and the CSS used, messed with the way thing should work, after a recent software update. 

I have used a partly modified "default" theme and while things may look different, the messaging and profile options are now showing as they are designed to display:

login-mail-android.chrome.jpg

If any of you feel that we need to move closer to the original "styling", or just leave things as they are, please do let me know.

Sometimes less is more..😁

• Thanks 1

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

It’s fully functional and works better. I don’t believe we should start modifying things for looks that will affect functionality.

What does the community think?

• Like 1

View my thread

@Melvin- Moderator and @Hans - Webmaster,

I just checked everything works and it looks better on this end, at least on an iPhone. Thanks for fixing this.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Moderators

Works for me. Thank you.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 10/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s fully functional and works better. I don’t believe we should start modifying things for looks that will affect functionality.

What does the community think?

I’ve always been a firm believer that both functionality and cosmetics are important. I haven’t seen what it looks like on the computer yet but on a mobile device, this particular fix both works and looks fine (it seems there are only a few minor differences from the fully customized theme).

That said, I know I was always adamant about getting cosmetics to work as designed in addition to having things function properly. But that’s a decision that’s solely up to you and your team.   I would just remember that when there are updates to the software, you’ll have to decide whether or not to focus on updating the custom theme or this modified default theme.  Thus, while this particular theme is in place, you may consider working on getting the fully customized team working as well so that it makes updates potentially easier. But if this statement is not applicable, then it doesn’t really matter.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators
15 hours ago, Madness5823 said:

@Melvin- Moderator

Hi Melvin, 

Sorry to bother you is there a possibility you can grant me access to DM because I saw that a member was cancelling his appointement with a doctor that a has long waiting list and was wondering if he was ok with me swapping with him.

Thanks

Once you reach 10 posts you can send a pm. That said, if this member has a thread perhaps you can ask him on the thread. 

View my thread