Reviews and options on Dr. Ron Shapiro of Minnesota

Iceee222

I live in Minnesota and I was going through the recommended surgeons on here and I noticed Dr. Ron Shapiro is from Minnesota. I will do thorough research on multiple surgeons all over the world but this is a good   option to look into and he seems to be pretty credible. I’d like to hear real life experiences and opinions of him, thanks!

• Like 1

No personal experience but he's one of the GOATs of HTs.  You wont go wrong with him.

• Like 4

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

He’s a fantastic surgeon check out @hybonix result. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I was considering him. It's worth doing a consultation with him. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

5 hours ago, Iceee222 said:

Great to know that thanks!! Does he specialize in FUE and Fut

He does both

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Dr. Ron and his whole team is THE BEST!  You are incredibly fortunate that you live in the same State. I travelled all the way from Melbourne Australia TWICE (2 procedures) and going back for third and final procedure when things settle with COVID). You will be in the best hands!  Very best to you...

Edited by acting

To "TheHairUpThere" ~ I agree it's hard to find any 'recent' posts/YouTube info on Dr. Ron Shapiro BUT that's because he doesn't Self Promote like a lot of HT surgeons out there, he doesn't need to.  It's actually an indication of his nature. He is a very caring and quietly spoken individual who really knows his stuff with immense experience in this field.  

I had my transplant with Dr Paul Shapiro 12+ years ago. I was disappointed with the overall result and when I tried to connect with the patient coordinator, was given the run around that they had to keep the procedure costs to the minimum due to my budget and hence the result wasn't what I desired. I got 1300 grafts and it barely showed. I wrote about this back in 2015, but never shared who the surgeon was. Here is a verbatim review I posted in 2015. I understand this is with Dr. Ron, however its part of the same clinic and figured was important to share this experience. Good luck! 

"I had my first transplant when I was 25, approximately 1300 grafts from a very popular surgeon in Minnesota. 18 months post procedure I was disappointed with the growth and the conservative hairline - I did have budget constraints (most do), but I expected a little more off of 1300 grafts. The other concern was very minimal involvement by the lead doctor through the entire procedure - extractions, plantations etc. was all done by technicians, nothing that I am against but something that I look back at and feel I should have gotten more clarification of from the start. In fairness, I also understand that there is always risk in the amount of growth with these procedures."

• Valued Contributor

@acting

@Transplanted86

I agree with both of you but i think you are late and I guess the OP might have had his transplant done and would be waiting to give us his full year update as the thread he started to seek advice is dated....😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

10 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@acting

@Transplanted86

I agree with both of you but i think you are late and I guess the OP might have had his transplant done and would be waiting to give us his full year update as the thread he started to seek advice is dated....😊

Oops, did not notice that. thanks for pointing this out. Hope it went really well for the OP!

• Like 1