Dr. Yaman has lots of availability. Is that concerning?

• Valued Contributor
29 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

I refrain from commenting on Digi23's post as I believe that his concern is a niche perfectionist case that should have gone directly to a 'Hollywood' surgeon in order to achieve the desired result. Us regular baldies will be super happy to have a frame for our faces again, never mind the whole 'But those three hairs curl THAT way' sob story :D

That’s not correct at all I’m afraid. 

Digi had numerous thick multi graft hairs along his hairline and, worst of all, clusters of big thick multi graft hairs in his temple points. 

Hairlines & temple points (especially the matter!) should be populated with predominantly (and ideally, exclusively) finer single graft hairs. That’s just the absolute basics of a good and natural looking HT

To be dissatisfied with having bare basic HT protocols reneged on isn’t “perfectionism” or a “sob story”. It was a bad HT (not the worst ever, but bad enough) and there’s no defending it. 

You might not be so happy to have a frame for your face again if that frame looks unnatural and draws people’s eyes to you. You’re more likely to feel self conscious & concerned. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sukh123 said:

After doing a lot research personally , looking at tons of cases on all the foreign forums too,  there’s only two surgeons I would go for a hair transplant and they are konoir or couto. Don’t get a transplant if your head’s not being worked on by those two. I would give.bisanga a honourable mention too.

Bisanga? Freitas? 

1 hour ago, StillAlive said:

@Mynamejermaine I will be booking with Yaman in a couple of months and I've done a fair bit of homework. I believe that he is the best option available for those of us looking for quality on a budget and willing to accept a minimum of risk. Keep in mind that his price (3250$) equals about 6 monthly salaries in Turkey, so by local standards, he is quite an expensive surgeon. He also operates on a lot of locals -going by his Instagram posts- which is an encouraging sign. Some of the top rated Spanish or Portuguese surgeons also charge the rough equivalent of 6 X central European salaries. It's really important to put a doctor's pricing into perspective when it comes to their location and economy. 

He also appears to be quite ethical in that he both offers a follow-up procedure for free (https://www.resulyaman.com/guaranty-at-hair-transplantation/ bottom of the page) and there are cases in the forum were unsatisfied patients received full refunds. 

The incisions part IS the most important part of the operation as it will effectively dictate the placement, angling and direction of your grafts. I have seen really good results from him in similar cases to mine and I also like the fact that he is young and working to establish his clinic and reputation. He gives me the impression that he has the good kind of 'hunger' when it comes to making a name for himself. 

Remember, ALL hair transplants have a risk factor associated with them. Paying a top surgeon does not automatically guarantee a great result, but rather, buys you more peace of mind. That being said and given the fact that this is a super competitive niche market, I feel confident in my choice. If you dig through all the Yaman threads in the forum, you will find only two negative experiences and the presentations of those are rather questionable. I refrain from commenting on Digi23's post as I believe that his concern is a niche perfectionist case that should have gone directly to a 'Hollywood' surgeon in order to achieve the desired result. Us regular baldies will be super happy to have a frame for our faces again, never mind the whole 'But those three hairs curl THAT way' sob story :D

@ITA Where do you get the 'microscopes are not used in his clinic' bit? The doctor and the techs all seem to be wearing magnifiers on their headbands in their Instagram posts. Unless it's some fancy cosplay, I'd urge you to reconsider.

Couple things I would like to adress here. 

First of all, I totally agree with your statement that choosing a top expensive surgeon is by no means a guarantee of good results. This is something I always emphasize. Every transplant is potential risk and gamble. And I myself believe that there is a reasonnable limited amount of money that one should be willing to spend on a hair transplant. 

For example look at what Ziering did to Lebron. Completely crap result. Dude charges 30k $ per surgery and gives crap results. 

So a surgeon being expensive doesn't mean he's good. 

There's been some crappy results from Diep too. 

We all know that even  guys like Hasson & Wong, Couto etc....have had their subpar results. So absolutely  any transplant is a gamble. 

So there is a point of diminishing return when it comes to the price/quality ratio. At some point the curve starts flattening or even goes down. 

What you should be looking for in this industry is CONSISTENCY of producing quality results and more specifically price relative to achievkng consistency. 

How many bad results do Freitas, Pinto, Bisanga have ? Very few. 

How many destroyed donors do they have ? Very few. 

How many good results from independant reviews  do they have ? Many. 

Now anwer the same questions with Yaman instead. 

The thing to understand with doctors like Yaman is  that even if he gives you a "full refund",  it doesn't mean your situation will be solved and trust me a repair is not an easy fix at all. 

I have seen some really bad and botch results from Yaman...We are not just talking about subpar growth, poor survival etc...We are talking about serious stuff here such as permanent donor overharvesting which reduces your limited lifetime graft supply as well as botches that require very expensive repair surgeries etc...

Getting overharvested is by far the worst thing that can happen to a balding man especially if the degree of baldness is already advanced. It means you will NEVER be able to achieve the illusion of full head of hair again. 

Without even mentionning repair surgeries that are extremely expensive. Imagine betting botched and overharvested and then having to pay 2 or 3 × 10 000$ for a repair and STILL looking thin on top while being permanently moth-eaten at the back...

Yaman loores patients by saying "I'll give a full refund". 

But here is what you should be asking yourself

-What am I gonna do if I get botched ? 

-Will Yaman's  3000 bucks refund be sufficient to get a repair somewhere else at a better place ?...

-Will this refund regenerate my wasted grafts ?....

-Will I have enough donor supply at all for repairs  that looks decent ? 

-If I get destroyed, will be able to accept dealing with SMP for the rest of my life ? 

If you can't answer these questions then my advice is don't go with him.

If you can and really want to gamble it then go ahead but beware there is no coming back and you NEVER get a proper 2nd chance at these things. 

Last but definitely not least: incisions are NOT the most important step of the procedure. 

Extractions are. 

While incisions are certainly important, extractions will play the most crucial role  for graft survival and hence yield (you have to be very skilled to avoid transection ) and extractions will be key for your long term hairloss  "gameplan". 

As far as I know, Yaman like 99% of turkish doctor outsources the extractions to young girls....

Edited by HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE
  • Like 5

Is that a hint of bias I'm detecting?

I see many great results from the doctor. If things were as bleak as you describe, he would not have established the reputation that he does have. I keep going through the forum threads by his patients and what I see, encourages me. If you have handy threads detailing those 'disasters' that you write of (not the three that I mentioned in my previous post) please do share for the benefit of all forum members. 

45 minutes ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

Couple things I would like to adress here. 

First of all, I totally agree with your statement that choosing a top expensive surgeon is by no means a guarantee of good results. This is something I always emphasize. Every transplant is potential risk and gamble. And I myself believe that there is a reasonnable limited amount of money that one should be willing to spend on a hair transplant. 

For example look at what Ziering did to Lebron. Completely crap result. Dude charges 30k $ per surgery and gives crap results. 

So a surgeon being expensive doesn't mean he's good. 

There's been some crappy results from Diep too. 

We all know that even  guys like Hasson & Wong, Couto etc....have had their subpar results. So absolutely  any transplant is a gamble. 

So there is a point of diminishing return when it comes to the price/quality ratio. At some point the curve starts flattening or even goes down. 

What you should be looking for in this industry is CONSISTENCY of producing quality results and more specifically price relative to achievkng consistency. 

How many bad results do Freitas, Pinto, Bisanga have ? Very few. 

How many destroyed donors do they have ? Very few. 

How many good results from independant reviews  do they have ? Many. 

Now anwer the same questions with Yaman instead. 

The thing to understand with doctors like Yaman is  that even if he gives you a "full refund",  it doesn't mean your situation will be solved and trust me a repair is not an easy fix at all. 

I have seen some really bad and botch results from Yaman...We are not just talking about subpar growth, poor survival etc...We are talking about serious stuff here such as permanent donor overharvesting which reduces your limited lifetime graft supply as well as botches that require very expensive repair surgeries etc...

Getting overharvested is by far the worst thing that can happen to a balding man especially if the degree of baldness is already advanced. It means you will NEVER be able to achieve the illusion of full head of hair again. 

Without even mentionning repair surgeries that are extremely expensive. Imagine betting botched and overharvested and then having to pay 2 or 3 × 10 000$ for a repair and STILL looking thin on top while being permanently moth-eaten at the back...

Yaman loores patients by saying "I'll give a full refund". 

But here is what you should be asking yourself

-What am I gonna do if I get botched ? 

-Will Yaman's  3000 bucks refund be sufficient to get a repair somewhere else at a better place ?...

-Will this refund regenerate my wasted grafts ?....

-Will I have enough donor supply at all for repairs  that looks decent ? 

-If I get destroyed, will be able to accept dealing with SMP for the rest of my life ? 

If you can't answer these questions then my advice is don't go with him.

If you can and really want to gamble it then go ahead but beware there is no coming back and you NEVER get a proper 2nd chance at these things. 

Last but definitely not least: incisions are NOT the most important step of the procedure. 

Extractions are. 

While incisions are certainly important, extractions will play the most crucial role  for graft survival and hence yield (you have to be very skilled to avoid transection ) and extractions will be key for your long term hairloss  "gameplan". 

As far as I know, Yaman like 99% of turkish doctor outsources the extractions to young girls....

when are you coming on RTC show brother

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

I see many great results from the doctor. If things were as bleak as you describe, he would not have established the reputation that he does have. I keep going through the forum threads by his patients and what I see, encourages me. If you have handy threads detailing those 'disasters' that you write of (not the three that I mentioned in my previous post) please do share for the benefit of all forum members. 

dr. yaman works on 2021 have many good result when you think of their pricing, this is also the case even in the early 2022. and yes he does have a lot of patient and many reviews. and at his pricing? a real steal deal.

he was one of the surgeons i was considering of going to among 4, and definitely the easiest to go if you count the cost.

there are definitely more than 3 cases, but i can't say which because i only remember seeing more than that, but the one i remembered the most was only digi's.
yes, digi's work isn't a complete botch nor a disaster, but it is less than satisfactory, and below average due to the peoblem of multigrafts and angling. when you trim, the affected area would appear very unnaturally thick, and even if grown, the thickness plus multigraft will give a pluggy result. again, not a botch nor disaster, but definitely not a good work.

it's not very obvious, but if people talk to you for more than 30 secs while looking straight at you, unless you take care of that area every few days, even normal non balding people would notice. they might or not know it's HT or not, but it'd feel off, or think that he went to a subpar barber. for anyone self concious, nobody would want their 'weakness' to be noticed.

anyway, dr yaman have a good track record, it's just that lately as it seems that he went with a tech model, with 3 ops a day, his results took a hit, even more so when bad cases pops out one after another in short period of time. i think that's what make the members here fearful toward him. sure he isn't as horrifying as some make it to be, but these latest bad cases does make many view the clinic differently, especially since he's doing 3, with heavy tech involvement, while he's just supervising. change that number to 6, and people would yell "HAIR MILL ALERT!!!".

i think he's still a better option at cheap price than any hair mill, but yes, his work quality as of late has dropped. i do think if he's all that you can afford... the option is there.

i have no idea if yaman outsource bad tech like @HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said, it's probably a hyperbole, but on those bad cases... it is bad.
the guy wrote valid points however, and i do agree that extraction is the most important, because a bad extraction means many many dead grafts, and if the grafts are dead, it would mean a failed transplant either way. incision, is probably the 2nd most important, because angling and position can make the HT look great or horrific.
there are many other important factor, like solution for graft survival etc, but anyway, extraction is one if not the most important aspect, which many hair mill fail at.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Mynamejermaine said:

Thanks for replying! I came across some of your previous comments on Dr. Yaman, which were positive. Do you still consider him to be a good doctor? I’m leaning towards him or fuecapilar. 

Im not trying to go with some cheap hair mill, but I think for $5000-6000 I can get a good transplant, from a good surgeon. 

I believe he’s overall good. Though, I would not get temple points done with him. His hairlines are good. Of course, you can’t compare him at the elite Coalition level like Bisanga, but he’s a good alternative to the mills, as is Dr. Turan. 

Also, who said young girls do all the extractions? Stop with the sensationalism @HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE every post is like you’re speaking facts when it’s sensationalism. Yaman has a lead tech do all extractions. It was Ufuk, but has now changed to another tech. Its not a revolving door of female techs, as you state. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe he’s overall good. Though, I would not get temple points done with him. His hairlines are good. Of course, you can’t compare him at the elite Coalition level like Bisanga, but he’s a good alternative to the mills, as is Dr. Turan. 

Also, who said young girls do all the extractions? Stop with the sensationalism @HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE every post is like you’re speaking facts when it’s sensationalism. Yaman has a lead tech do all extractions. It was Ufuk, but has now changed to another tech. Its not a revolving door of female techs, as you state. 

LMFAO 

Male or female, it doesn't matter. 

The point is some techs are doing the extractions which is the most important step of the procedure. 

How trained they are and how much control does the doc have over the procedure in such circumstances is highly questionable. 

Edited by HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

I don't think he's established any "reputation" so to speak. 

He's a nice dude. I watched one of his interviews with BOLA the moderator and notorious cherry-picker of the italian hairloss forum whom he has an affiliation with. 

Yaman is a cool guy but for me going to him is like the risks outweighs the potential benefits. 

If you save up a bit more you could go to Bicer who in my opinion isn't perfect but much safer. 

Ultimately, you're free to go wherever you want bro 👍

As long as you feel comfortable, you've done your homework and are aware of the risk/consequences. 

I was just sharing my thoughts and insight 

Good luck !

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 minute ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

I'm speaking straight facts NOT sensationalism and you know it very well ! 

Male or female, it doesn't matter. 

The point is some techs are doing the extractions which is the most important step of the procedure. 

How trained they are and how much control does the doc have over the procedure in such circumstances is highly questionable. 

Technicians perform extractions at SEVERAL clinics, that in itself is NOT a problem. Dr. Hasson will put up his technicians vs. any top doc in the world.  Dr. Feriduni one of the best uses technicians as well. Dr. De Freitas has technicians assist in extractions as well. The use of technicians isn’t a red flag. 

The problem is when UNTRAINED and inexperienced technicians perform extractions. You are NOT speaking facts, you are speaking sensationalist speculation. Also, there is no most important step, as every step is important. But if I had to weigh what is the most crucial, it is the incisions. You can get excellent growth, but if the angles are off and the density is bad, it will look terrible. 

Op, I don’t say this to convince you one way or another. I shared my concerns over Dr. Yaman, which are valid. But it is up to you to research him. Don’t listen to me, or to anyone. Research this yourself, it’s very easy to do here. Advanced search page will pull up every Yaman review for the past 15 years. After you’ve researched carefully, you’ll be in a position to make an informed decision whether it’s to avoid him or choose him.
Good luck 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Technicians perform extractions at SEVERAL clinics, that in itself is NOT a problem. Dr. Hasson will put up his technicians vs. any top doc in the world.  Dr. Feriduni one of the best uses technicians as well. Dr. De Freitas has technicians assist in extractions as well. The use of technicians isn’t a red flag. 

The problem is when UNTRAINED and inexperienced technicians perform extractions. You are NOT speaking facts, you are speaking sensationalist speculation. Also, there is no most important step, as every step is important. But if I had to weigh what is the most crucial, it is the incisions. You can get excellent growth, but if the angles are off and the density is bad, it will look terrible. 

Op, I don’t say this to convince you one way or another. I shared my concerns over Dr. Yaman, which are valid. But it is up to you to research him. Don’t listen to me, or to anyone. Research this yourself, it’s very easy to do here. Advanced search page will pull up every Yaman review for the past 15 years. After you’ve researched carefully, you’ll be in a position to make an informed decision whether it’s to avoid him or choose him.
Good luck 

First of all, let me start be saying I very much disagree with you on several points here. 

Every step is important obviously but the most important step of the procedure are the extractions otherwise what is even the point of getting a hair transplant if your LIMITED grafts are going to be transected and hence die ?....

Sure incisions are very important too for correct angles and overall naturalness but extractations are the foundation. 

You could have excellent incisons and perfect angles while having a destroyed donor supply at the back if some crappy techs overharvest you for your 1st surgery..... Think about it. What you gonna do if you run of of donor supply very quickly ? Hairloss is a progressive condition that's why long term donor management is KEY. 

Botched temples or hairlines can be fixed even though it's a pain in the butt and very expensive...

Destroyed follicles in the donor area CANNOT be regenerated. Understand ? 

Secondly you either misread or making wrong assumptions. I never said the use of techs was bad. The problem is HOW TRAINED  AND HOW EXPERIENCED  ARE THOSE TECHS  ?  This is precisely and exactly the issue I see with Yaman. 

Hasson and Wong have highly skilled and experienced techs. Couto too has Esteban who's been working with him ever since.We all know that. 

Why are you even bringing this up ? This is not the point of the discussion. H & W's techs hardly ever destroy donor and stuff like that. 

With Yaman such things have happened in the past therefore the level of training/experience/skillset of his techs is highly questionable. 

In addition to that, I cannot imagine how a doctor could keep control over 3-4 surgeries when such techs are operating simultaneously....

Ultimately, the only thing I agree with you is that everyone should his OWN due diligence and research. 👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

First of all, let me start be saying I very much disagree with you on several points here. 

Every step is important obviously but the most important step of the procedure are the extractions otherwise what is even the point of getting a hair transplant if your LIMITED grafts are going to be transected and hence die ?....

Sure incisions are very important too for correct angles and overall naturalness but extractations are the foundation. 

You could have excellent incisons and perfect angles while having a destroyed donor supply at the back if some crappy techs overharvest you for your 1st surgery..... Think about it. What you gonna do if you run of of donor supply very quickly ? Hairloss is a progressive condition that's why long term donor management is KEY. 

Botched temples or hairlines can be fixed even though it's a pain in the butt and very expensive...

Secondly you either misread or making wrong assumptions. I never said the use of techs was bad. The problem is HOW TRAINED  AND HOW EXPERIENCED  ARE THOSE TECHS  ?  This is precisely and exactly the issue I see with Yaman. 

Hasson and Wong have highly skilled and experienced techs. Couto too has Esteban who's been working with him ever since.We all know that. 

Why are you even bringing this up ? This is not the point of the discussion. H & W's techs hardly ever destroy donor and stuff like that. 

With Yaman such things have happened in the past therefore the level of training/experience/skillset of his techs is highly questionable. 

In addition to that, I cannot imagine how a doctor could keep control over 3-4 surgeries when such techs are operating simultaneously....

Ultimately, the only thing I agree with you is that everyone should his OWN due diligence and research. 👍

Agree what’s the point of having a good plant hole  for a plant if it’s not going to grow. You can make the most accurate incision ever, but if the graft is not handled correctly or extracted properly the incision becomes obsolete as the graft won’t grow 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

You are making ASSUMPTIONS. When I spoke to Dr. Yaman, he told me he uses one main tech to do all extractions, and he has years of experience. You are assuming there's a revolving door of female techs. If you look at @digi23 thread, which to date, is the most comprehensive Dr. Yaman review, all extractions were done by Ufuk, who was his main tech before. 

Again, OP, don't listen to what I say, or what anonymous posters on this forum say, do YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Here are the most recent reviews of Dr. Yaman, review them, reach out to the patients. Ask about their experience, and verify it yourself. Look at the results and reviews yourself and draw your own conclusions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Howd u pull up all the reviews? Everytime I look its a bunch of topics not reviews what am i doin wrong

Select topics, then select content titles only. That way it’ll only pull up threads with the surgeons name in the title, which are almost always exclusively reviews. 

C81D28E4-057D-414C-8250-ABDA4EC2C0FD.jpeg

C4B6C10F-7C38-43E9-A19E-01B226CEA1DC.jpeg

• Thanks 1

View my thread

some of the best DR’s on here have well over a year waiting list, some closer to 2 years! you’d expect to wait at least a few months for somebody any good but what do I know lol one of the more knowledgable guys on here will give their thoughts am sure 

• Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into it or be concerned. It's the summer, people are going to the beach, not shutting themselves in, healing. Also, the world is going to hell in a handbasket, it's no surprise that HT's are not exactly doing crazy business right now.

5 minutes ago, RTC said:

The thing is, you have been warned against Yaman by several users but still persisted anyway. Why ask this now?

But also seen several positive reviews about him. Almost any doctor will have some negative reviews. But if you search on here the vast majority of Yamans reviews are positive. 

22 minutes ago, Mynamejermaine said:

Who would you suggest. My budget is $6000

You already got recommendations for other surgeons in Turkey in your thread (Bicer specifically I think sees only one a day). If your concern is the doctor's 'availability' you haven't done enough research. If their results are good enough for you, then go see them. If not, then don't. It's that simple.  

Don't listen to the person alleging that people aren't getting transplants because of heat lmao. This is a filthy lie. Every elite doctor that I know of has a long wait time, from a minimum of 3 months to 3+ years at this point. 

You can also just break-up the surgery like many people. Do 2,000 grafts with someone like Pinto or Mwamba. Then do another 2,000 a few years down the line.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Op,

why did you create a new thread, when you already have a thread open about the same doctor. Creating duplicate threads is unnecessary. Ask the question on the thread you already created. Merged thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

View my thread

in most clinics techs do extractions. Dr yaman as @Melvin- Moderator said has one main experienced tech doing all the procedures now, so its not like new randoom techs doing the extractions. Whoever is implying this, he is definitely a troll.

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1