Dr. Yaman has lots of availability. Is that concerning?

I suggest a do a bit more research. 

I've seen several damaged donor areas from this clinic as well as a couple botch jobs...

Yaman is not the worst in Turkey but there are much better options.

Edited by HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Who would you recommend in turkey?. I’ve looked into HLC, Pekiner, Bicer and Keser but they’re all double the price of Yaman. They are unfortunately out of budget. Are there better affordable options than Yaman?

21 minutes ago, Mynamejermaine said:

What would you recommend? Yaman is on the list of recommended doctors on here. 

50 minutes ago, Mynamejermaine said:

I’ve looked into HLC, Pekiner, Bicer and Keser but they’re all double the price of Yaman.

I would wait and save up - or take out a loan - and go to one of these doctors. 

• Like 3

If you are okay risking a depleted donor and permanent scarring to save a couple $$$, go for it. 

The doctors you and Happyman listed are MUCH better. Are they more expensive? Yes. Have you asked yourself: WHY?

Also, not to be inflammatory but seriously ignore the recommended list — it’s a meh starting point, and there have been doctors who have been removed in the past; it speaks nothing about actual quality between doctors on it. Look at patient testimony on the actual forum to see a doctor’s quality. Look at how they handle mistakes. Look at the donor areas. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mynamejermaine said:

Thanks for the reply. Who would you recommend in turkey?. I’ve looked into HLC, Pekiner, Bicer and Keser but they’re all double the price of Yaman. They are unfortunately out of budget. Are there better affordable options than Yaman?

Yeah stay away from him. 

Bicer is the best affordable option. She's not elite but she does good work for a fair price. 

Turan, Demirsoy, Gur are decent too. A bit overhyped by the forum but definitely a decent option if you are on a budget. You won't find better quality at that price. 

Pekiner and Keser are good for the most part. But they are notorious for cherry picking patients. I believe you could find better quality in Spain/Belgium/Portugal

4 hours ago, Mynamejermaine said:

Hi first time poster. After reviewing the forum I’m considering getting an operation done by dr. Yaman. What are your thoughts on the message attached? Dr. Yaman isn’t doing entire operation. 

E7446FE7-B369-4C05-AD7E-B6A84A7ABC8E.jpeg

Most doctors dont do entire operation. Very few doctors do entire operation alone. In many clinics doctor does only the incisions. As soon as he participates in the procedure is fine. In eugenix for example, extraction and implantation of grafts is mostly done by techs, while Dr Arika and Dr Das do the incisions, the plan like Dr Yaman. I think Dr Yaman is good choice, without paying too much money. Otherwise you could select Dr Turan or Dr Gur from Fuecapilar and Dr Demirsoy.

Edited by tesco
  • Like 1

After doing a lot research personally , looking at tons of cases on all the foreign forums too,  there’s only two surgeons I would go for a hair transplant and they are konoir or couto. Don’t get a transplant if your head’s not being worked on by those two. I would give.bisanga a honourable mention too.

Edited by sukh123

7 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

you can't be serious. 

Oh I am very serious , I’m someone who has done a lot of research past year . Not just this forum but the Spanish and german ones too. I would not risk having a transplant done if it wasn’t done by those three surgeons . That my personal opinion and what I think will yield the best potential results for me and give me peace of mind . 

Edited by sukh123

37 minutes ago, tesco said:

Most doctors dont do entire operation. Very few doctors do entire operation alone. In many clinics doctor does only the incisions. As soon as he participates in the procedure is fine. In eugenix for example, extraction and implantation of grafts is mostly done by techs, while Dr Arika and Dr Das do the incisions, the plan like Dr Yaman. I think Dr Yaman is good choice, without paying too much money. Otherwise you could select Dr Turan or Dr Gur from Fuecapilar and Dr Demirsoy.

That why I’ve seen about 6. Botched donors from eugenix on this forum. You don’t know what techs will do the extractions , and hence why ive seen a lot of A bad donors from them. Extractions if done correctly with good manual dexterity , which is what surgeons have greatly reduce the chances of shock loss and other problems such as over-harvesting. Yes some techs carry out extractions but they are usually the same ones and not a team Of say 20. Which means you might get the less skilled ones . I don’t want Russian roulette when going for a transplant , I want a degree of certainty 

Edited by sukh123

7 hours ago, Z-- said:

If you are okay risking a depleted donor and permanent scarring to save a couple $$$, go for it. 

The doctors you and Happyman listed are MUCH better. Are they more expensive? Yes. Have you asked yourself: WHY?

Also, not to be inflammatory but seriously ignore the recommended list — it’s a meh starting point, and there have been doctors who have been removed in the past; it speaks nothing about actual quality between doctors on it. Look at patient testimony on the actual forum to see a doctor’s quality. Look at how they handle mistakes. Look at the donor areas. 

You sound like such a snob. 

The guy is asking because he doesn't know. Not everyone has an unlimited supply of cash for a hair transplant. The common theme on these forums seems to be that you should shame those who seek a more affordable transplant while still getting great work done. Shame those who want the most bang for their buck.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed foul language
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, shoptalksamurai said:

You sound like such a snobby prick.

The guy is asking because he doesn't know. Not everyone has an unlimited supply of cash for a hair transplant. The common theme on these forums seems to be that you should shame those who seek a more affordable transplant while still getting great work done. Shame those who want the most bang for their buck.

Oh please. The doctors listed in this very thread — by actual non-butcher standards — aren’t even expensive relatively speaking (compared to other qualified hair surgeons, esp outside Turkey) and provide great bang for your buck. They’re the safest option for those who have less means and any sane person could recommend a different (and better) list should OP reveal that they are willing to spend more. 

Don’t you understand that a hair transplant is a labor and time intensive operation? That it’s a genuine medical procedure which requires both talent and surgical skill?Trying to pay less will exponentially increase the risk of your hair being being botched by an untrained tech team. You get what you pay for in this shady industry filled with charlatans. 

Unlimited supply of cash? If someone told you they have $500 MAX to buy a car, what would you tell them? Would you seriously recommend them buying a run down piece of junk from the black market and advise them to drive it on the highway? Or do you tell them to save up so they can get something that won’t ruin/risk them. 

That’s what your “advice” amounts to. If you only have $2,000 or whatever amount shill mills are extorting from their victims these days, I’m truly sorry but the best recommendation to give is to save up for a better doctor (or take a loan, if you can). I suggest you do more research before leading people astray. 

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, shoptalksamurai said:

You sound like such a snobby prick.

No because if you do your research you know the chances of getting a good result is significantly higher if you go to a more expensive doctor or clinic . People are trying to advise what’s best ,and with regards to hair transplants, sadly it’s something if you want. a high degree of certainty for it to work out , paying more for the better surgeons results  in this . Your donor is finite , you can’t be risking that. You get what you pay for definitely applies to a hair transplant 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You've dodged a bullet by coming onto this forum. Sadly many people come here after they have been butchered. If you base life long altering surgery on a budget and geography you are creating a recipe doomed for disaster. Take you time and do lots of research on here. Look for a doctor who turns out great results on a regular basis on patients with a similar hair loss pattern as yours with results that are in line with your goals. If you go for a cheap surgery you will end up spending far more than if you had gone to the best to begin with. If it's too expensive then save up while you do your research and take your time. All the best!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Guys,

There’s no need for name calling. Our list is a good starting point for research. But ultimately, the onus is on you to research carefully. This forum is a great resource for research. Rather than asking for peoples opinions. Use the advanced search page. Look up Dr. Yaman’s reviews. Talk to past patients both happy and unhappy. Afterward, you’ll be in a much better position to decide.

If you’re looking solely based on cost. I suggest saving up and looking based on results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

There’s no need for name calling. Our list is a good starting point for research. But ultimately, the onus is on you to research carefully. This forum is a great resource for research. Rather than asking for peoples opinions. Use the advanced search page. Look up Dr. Yaman’s reviews. Talk to past patients both happy and unhappy. Afterward, you’ll be in a much better position to decide.

If you’re looking solely based on cost. I suggest saving up and looking based on results. 

Thanks for replying! I came across some of your previous comments on Dr. Yaman, which were positive. Do you still consider him to be a good doctor? I’m leaning towards him or fuecapilar. 

Im not trying to go with some cheap hair mill, but I think for $5000-6000 I can get a good transplant, from a good surgeon. 

The thing with dr.yaman is that he has 3 patient a day, and he's the "head surgeon", which directs the HT.

But it's team that perform most of the work, not the dr himself. From the several bad results lately, it seems that at least one of the team have inexperienced tech, which leads to the bad result. Not to mention about the templework which is a problem on some cases of his also.

His pricing however, is pretty economic so its a slight gamble with "you get what you pay for".

If you search the forum, you can also find an ex member with name digi23, that's one of the "bad" case (this one is a temple problem).

If you can afford a better surgeon, you should for the peace of mind, otherwise at least you have a better chance with him than with hair mill.

The problem is also that Yaman does mega sessions of 4000/5000 inmesti in the same day, to complete the procedure quickly, microscopes and magnifying glasses are not used in his clinic and you would almost certainly end up with multiple in the hairline.

@Mynamejermaine I will be booking with Yaman in a couple of months and I've done a fair bit of homework. I believe that he is the best option available for those of us looking for quality on a budget and willing to accept a minimum of risk. Keep in mind that his price (3250$) equals about 6 monthly salaries in Turkey, so by local standards, he is quite an expensive surgeon. He also operates on a lot of locals -going by his Instagram posts- which is an encouraging sign. Some of the top rated Spanish or Portuguese surgeons also charge the rough equivalent of 6 X central European salaries. It's really important to put a doctor's pricing into perspective when it comes to their location and economy. 

He also appears to be quite ethical in that he both offers a follow-up procedure for free (https://www.resulyaman.com/guaranty-at-hair-transplantation/ bottom of the page) and there are cases in the forum were unsatisfied patients received full refunds. 

The incisions part IS the most important part of the operation as it will effectively dictate the placement, angling and direction of your grafts. I have seen really good results from him in similar cases to mine and I also like the fact that he is young and working to establish his clinic and reputation. He gives me the impression that he has the good kind of 'hunger' when it comes to making a name for himself. 

Remember, ALL hair transplants have a risk factor associated with them. Paying a top surgeon does not automatically guarantee a great result, but rather, buys you more peace of mind. That being said and given the fact that this is a super competitive niche market, I feel confident in my choice. If you dig through all the Yaman threads in the forum, you will find only two negative experiences and the presentations of those are rather questionable. I refrain from commenting on Digi23's post as I believe that his concern is a niche perfectionist case that should have gone directly to a 'Hollywood' surgeon in order to achieve the desired result. Us regular baldies will be super happy to have a frame for our faces again, never mind the whole 'But those three hairs curl THAT way' sob story :D

@ITA Where do you get the 'microscopes are not used in his clinic' bit? The doctor and the techs all seem to be wearing magnifiers on their headbands in their Instagram posts. Unless it's some fancy cosplay, I'd urge you to reconsider.

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

Where do you get the 'microscopes are not used in his clinic' bit? The doctor and the techs all seem to be wearing magnifiers on their headbands in their Instagram posts. Unless it's some fancy cosplay, I'd urge you to reconsider.

@StillAliveah ok, if you did your homework based on instagram, facebook or other posts ok, try asking those who underwent a procedure if they saw assistants, select, count and divide grafts with a microscope.  Perhaps magnifying glasses worn by Yaman in the scalp incision phase yes, but microscopes no.  Good luck with your transplant in two months.

• Like 2