Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

24 minutes ago, sr1486 said:

Been waiting so long for this and now realize I may be waiting several more years lol. So just started oral minox (1.25mg 2x/day) to see if it helps out.

I’ve used it before and it thickened things up a lot, but stopped because I was like “I’ll just get regenerating grafts in a year” lol

I don't understand what you mean by waiting tbh. Like you could probably go to Dr. Barghouthi or Dr. Bloxham or Dr. Saifi right now to get a verteporfin hair transplant. Personally, I'm in no rush which is why I'm fine waiting for the optimal technique, but if someone is in a rush, this is an option available to them.

25 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I don't understand what you mean by waiting tbh. Like you could probably go to Dr. Barghouthi or Dr. Bloxham or Dr. Saifi right now to get a verteporfin hair transplant. Personally, I'm in no rush which is why I'm fine waiting for the optimal technique, but if someone is in a rush, this is an option available to them.

Just an FYI to all, Dr. Saifi does not offer Verteporfin. This is privately funded by my own pocket and head 😅 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, Killian said:

Just an FYI to all, Dr. Saifi does not offer Verteporfin. This is privately funded by my own pocket and head 😅 

Killian, 

Welcome to the forum mate 🙏

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

40 minutes ago, Killian said:

ah unfortunate, but thanks for the heads up.

• Moderators

@Killian 

Honest question: What made you decide to go as high as 50mg when other tests are using less than 1mg? 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

9 minutes ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

@Killian 

Honest question: What made you decide to go as high as 50mg when other tests are using less than 1mg? 

I think to be fair, other tests used like 0.24-0.8 mg/cm^2, not 1 mg in total. 50 mg is quite a lot though and my only concern is the papers showing a worse effect at higher concentrations on pigs (2 mg/mL > 4 mg/mL), hypothesized by Mascharak to be because of Verteporfin’s off target effects because pure YAP inhibition through a sirna showed better effects the more YAP was in inhibited iirc. It could be different for humans though. It’s an extremely safe medicine though so worst case scar doesn’t heal as well as with a lower dosage. 

Edited by Fox243

• Moderators

12 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I think to be fair, other tests used like 0.24-0.8 mg/cm^2, not 1 mg in total.

OK. Thanks for that. So it may not be as extreme as it sounds.

12 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

my only concern is the papers showing a worse effect at higher concentrations on pigs (2 mg/mL > 4 mg/mL)

Yeah that kind of what I was thinking. As with anything, too much usually tends to have a negative effect.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Just an update:

It's healing exceptionally fast. One thing of note, which I've never encountered before in previous donor healing: no post operative redness in the incision line since closure. The fue extractions also did not ooze any inflammatory exudate post-operative, which is interesting.

I confirm the healing outcome has been different after injection of 50mg Visudyne. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Just an update:

It's healing exceptionally fast. One thing of note, which I've never encountered before in previous donor healing: no post operative redness in the incision line since closure. The fue extractions also did not ooze any inflammatory exudate post-operative, which is interesting.

I confirm the healing outcome has been different after injection of 50mg Visudyne. 

Thank you @Killian for doing this and sharing with community. Should we check for updates here or in your YouTube channel ? And how often are you planning to make updates ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigmistake said:

How many months since Dr Bloxham's trials ? I think by the end of month eight we should be able to see preliminary results. 

The 22nd was 7 months. 

5 hours ago, Killian said:

Just an update:

Is this privately funded?

4 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Is this privately funded?

Correct. If you are looking for Verteporfin (Visudyne), you would need to source this privately yourself as nobody is going to hand it to you as part of a trial. Unfortunately, it is challenging to source. I had mine specially prepared to 50mg concentration, which took the laboratory about a month to release. 

9 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Thank you @Killian for doing this and sharing with community. Should we check for updates here or in your YouTube channel ? And how often are you planning to make updates ?

I'll be posting on the YouTube community tab primarily. But I don't mind discussing here and giving input on route as there seems a vested interest in this topic. Once the thread remains a respectful place I'm ok with this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Correct. If you are looking for Verteporfin (Visudyne), you would need to source this privately yourself as nobody is going to hand it to you as part of a trial. Unfortunately, it is challenging to source. I had mine specially prepared to 50mg concentration, which took the laboratory about a month to release. 

Send me a message offline actually if you're trying co-ordinate this too, I'll give you a hand because it can get stressful. 

Edit: but maybe wait and see how I get on first Jonathan 😅 it's early days yet. 

Edited by Killian
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Killian said:

Send me a message offline actually if you're trying co-ordinate this too, I'll give you a hand because it can get stressful. 

Best of luck on your recovery and growth / regeneration! It is a great thing that you are doing this, not just (hopefully) for yourself, but for the community as well as this gives another data point and insight in the working of vp.

In that last regard, did dr. Saifi keep statistics on how many grafts were removed  and how many remained per cm2? That would give a great insight in whether there actually is generation in the treated areas.

• Like 2

@Killian thank you for sharing this and good luck with healing. You're doing favor to all of us.

If you don't mind, what was total excision area ? So we might compare dose per cm2 to other trials.

Edited by sansi

On 2/27/2024 at 4:05 PM, Killian said:

Hi Killian, thanks for putting your head and hair on the line for us. 

I hope after 12 months you will shave your head to a zero guard and then post the pics. You take really high resolution photos, so after 12 months people will have a really clear idea if it works or not.

Well, I aim to have a fade, so I will be going back in again later this year if required until there is perfection when buzzed. 

Remember, my goal here, is not maths nor statistical "progress". It is the visual art of improvement and ultimately the undetectable which, as with any surgery can be a multi-step process. 

I have a plan in motion several steps thinking ahead, as always required. The verteporfin, if successful will be a component to the process of donor artistry. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Killian said:

Well, I aim to have a fade, so I will be going back in again later this year if required until there is perfection when buzzed. 

Remember, my goal here, is not maths nor statistical "progress". It is the visual art of improvement and ultimately the undetectable which, as with any surgery can be a multi-step process. 

I have a plan in motion several steps thinking ahead, as always required. The verteporfin, if successful will be a component to the process of donor artistry. 

Thank you @Killian. It seems you don't want to speak about dosage, anyways I respect your contribution.
How the donor looks ? Does it heal differently  than usual?

1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

Hi Killian, thanks for putting your head and hair on the line for us. 

I hope after 12 months you will shave your head to a zero guard and then post the pics. You take really high resolution photos, so after 12 months people will have a really clear idea if it works or not.

Just now, Nikoni said:

Thank you @Killian. It seems you don't want to speak about dosage, anyways I respect your contribution.
How the donor looks ? Does it heal differently  than usual?

That is correct  - I will be selective what I answer, and that includes not disclosing my thought process to the internet. 

I will however, provide feedback to this group on visually how things are progressing. 

Please see one of my previous posts on observations to date with respect to the incision line and FUE extractions. It should be on page 82 still. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Killian said:

That is correct  - I will be selective what I answer, and that includes not disclosing my thought process to the internet. 

I will however, provide feedback to this group on visually how things are progressing. 

Please see one of my previous posts on observations to date with respect to the incision line and FUE extractions. It should be on page 82 still. 

Thank you. Hope you will share at some point the dosage reasoning as it is one of the biggest unknowns and will be a great help. Until that we have no right to insist on anything.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 2/27/2024 at 2:22 AM, Killian said:

I'll be posting on the YouTube community tab primarily. But I don't mind discussing here and giving input on route as there seems a vested interest in this topic. Once the thread remains a respectful place I'm ok with this. 

Killian,

Thank you for contributing. Appreciate it. Would you be open to doing a podcast? They’re pre-recorded. Im sure the community would appreciate this 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.