Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

15 minutes ago, sansi said:

Dr. Barghouthi already has preliminary good results. The only issue is the trial was not very scientific and the photos are not very good quality. If we can persuade him to bring back the first trial patient make quality photos and hair count assessment with the new scanning device and spread the word that would be huge.

And 1 million is really a lot, 200k would be more than enough, so you don't need top tier rich guy like Musk, someone even with high income(but not wealthy) in US can afford that.

200k is enough because it is not very different from a standard surgery, it just has one extra injection step. 10 surgeries can easily be afforded by 200k with different scenarios. That would be more than enough to make conclusions. 

Results photos are easily photoshopped, and Stanford University faked photos in at least 12 studies

- Does anyone know any forensic scientists who can analyse the animal and human Verteporfin results photographs so far?

46 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Results photos are easily photoshopped, and Stanford University faked photos in at least 12 studies

- Does anyone know any forensic scientists who can analyse the animal and human Verteporfin results photographs so far?

None of the scientists at this caliber are going to photoshop results lol. If it were really photoshopped, they would've tried to make money on this asap rather than having gone through a rigorous, slow process over the last 3 years.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sansi said:

Dr. Barghouthi already has preliminary good results. The only issue is the trial was not very scientific and the photos are not very good quality. If we can persuade him to bring back the first trial patient make quality photos and hair count assessment with the new scanning device and spread the word that would be huge.

And 1 million is really a lot, 200k would be more than enough, so you don't need top tier rich guy like Musk, someone even with high income(but not wealthy) in US can afford that.

200k is enough because it is not very different from a standard surgery, it just has one extra injection step. 10 surgeries can easily be afforded by 200k with different scenarios. That would be more than enough to make conclusions. 

How much is the cost of verteporfin alone to cover a whole donor area for a FUE-procedure?

2 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Stanford fiddled 12 studies but there's no way Stanford would fiddle a study?

in order to accept this notion we have to also believe that every subsequent study conducted by the Chinese researchers was also "fiddled" why would they bother....seems a little counterproductive when ur not selling anything 

29 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I'm reading nanoparticle studies saying Verteporfin doesn't work all that well for wound healing and needs a little help, so could it POSSIBLY be that Stanford photoshopped their results a little and Bargouthi did the same?

Does anyone know any science integrity consultants who can perform image forensics?

I think we are being a bit overly skeptical. There is no evidence the results were photoshopped. He has taken his time and effort to help us and making this sorts of accusations is being very unappreciative. 

• Like 2

Why do people think it was photoshopped if 1) we saw FAKI work as well, 2) multiple other studies have shown verteporfin's results, 3) dr.barghouthi's pics are legit, 4) dr.barghouthi's biopsy was super legit, 5) longaker is not going to throw away decades of respect for some photoshopped results.

I didn’t watch the entire video about some professors fudging some results for papers to publish, but I am aware of the phenomenon. From what I understand of it though, it would typically not be big consequential papers that hold up over time. Academia is very competitive and sometimes in order just to maintain some reputation or to get a better professorship position or more grant money they would have incentive to fudge some results to make the result of the paper seem more consequential. But then it over time, the results of the fudged study would begin to be overshadowed by replication studies that find the opposite results of the study that was fudged, because it isn’t reproducible, because the result that as fudged was never really there in reality to discover. 

I am a huge fan of science but this type of culture is systemically bad for science and needs to be fixed. 

I don’t know any stats on it, but if I had to guess I would say results being fudged or faked in science would be a small proportion of published papers and that most would be non-fudged. The peer review process exists for a reason.

How well would it be at just treating previous fue scars on terms of rejuvenating that skin after puncturing it again?

Also, any idea how well or long the the new hair follicles regenerated will grow/last? Are they possibly just not as robust and maybe couldn't handle being transplanted?

Any idea how many times the verteporfin could work to rejuvenate the same area?

Jesus Christ, call out Dr Bargouthi on not keeping up well with times and rescheduling constantly, that’s fine, and he’s guilty of some of it. But photoshopping results? Don’t say some something so absurd here unless you have an ounce of proof, that is ridiculous.

• Like 8

In Stanford they did  deep analysis of skin tissue . They know the structure of healthy tissue and scar, the structure of verteporfin treated area resembled healthy skin and it was improving. This is better proof than any photo.
Longaker is like 70 years old well known scientist, would he risk his reputation by photoshoping results ?
Dr. Barghouthi is reputable surgeon, if he faked results, he will have huge reputational damage.

But the skepticism is legit for verteporfin being mass spread. Any doctor, or rich man who potentially can finance trial, may look at the photos and think they are photoshoped. So we need more better quality photos, hair count assessment and video maybe. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Square1 said:

It takes just 1 vain rich guy to see these excellent preliminary findings and decide to throw a million $ at it to fund all kinds of trials. Whether succesful or not, in 1 to 2 years we likely know everything these it to know about the drug in relation to hair loss. Musk is rich and certainly vain, if you are crazy enough to buy twitter for 44.000 million, why not spend 1 million to have a very reasonable chance to cure hair loss, which he suffers from himself and has taken steps towards hiding / treating? 

I still think the word is not out there enough. Such guys would probably hand out this $1M like candy if they would have the information we have.

Why don't you tweet to Musk ?

• Administrators

@Hair Tomorrow

I removed that comment because there’s nothing more than speculation. That’s a big accusation with no evidence. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I’m going back to Dr. Mohebi’s office today. Will be following up on the trial. 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 2/5/2024 at 5:00 AM, Gatsby said:

Over the past 39 years I have heard of every potential treatment, cure for hair loss. For some reason they all claim to be five years away that it becomes a running joke. I definitely would not wait for Verteporfin to hit the mainstream market  until I had a hair transplant. I seriously hope I am wrong about Verteporfin but it is still very early days and it may not get off the ground despite excellent preliminary findings. I would prefer to wait until all of my eggs are in the pudding. 

I understand your point of view. The last potential cure I remember was something by Shiseido which was nearly a decade ago. I have zoned out since. 

What differentiates Verteporfin is that we have actually seen results in animals with skin closely resembling humans and in actual humans themselves. 

Not to mention it is already FDA approved, so we know it works in some capacity.

What was the last failure that even came close to this?
If hair loss is not having a profound effect on one's mental health, maybe wait 1.5 years? 

By then we will have the results from all three of Bloxham's patients, Dr Bargouthi's next trial and maybe some midway results from other doctors. 

What we should be discouraging is people thinking they should cease hair loss medication or get aggressive surgeries due to Verteporfin's potential. 

3 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I understand your point of view. The last potential cure I remember was something by Shiseido which was nearly a decade ago. I have zoned out since. 

What differentiates Verteporfin is that we have actually seen results in animals with skin closely resembling humans and in actual humans themselves. 

Not to mention it is already FDA approved, so we know it works in some capacity.

What was the last failure that even came close to this?
If hair loss is not having a profound effect on one's mental health, maybe wait 1.5 years? 

By then we will have the results from all three of Bloxham's patients, Dr Bargouthi's next trial and maybe some midway results from other doctors. 

What we should be discouraging is people thinking they should cease hair loss medication or get aggressive surgeries due to Verteporfin's potential. 

I wouldn't want to use the current hairloss medication for various reasons. 

If the results from vert come through I'd get a hair transplant but really only if regenerative donor sites are an option. I have a shaved head and it hasn't hurt me dating wise, but I miss my full head of hair (even if you looked good with a shaved head, in a suit or a tux you feel silly, I can't explain it). 

I'm too lazy to use a hair system, any of those sorts of things and a hair transplant without vert and not taking hairloss medication seems silly. 

Vert seems to have good regenerative abilities, from the results around the web. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I can accept people giving their opinions on whether this works or not. But speculating about photoshopped photos without proof cannot be accepted. 

If you guys don’t believe in this, don’t believe it. End of the day, no one is gaining anything out of this. You can believe whatever you want too, but I won’t have these speculations running around with zero proof. 

• Like 7

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I can accept people giving their opinions on whether this works or not. But speculating about photoshopped photos without proof cannot be accepted. 

If you guys don’t believe in this, don’t believe it. End of the day, no one is gaining anything out of this. You can believe whatever you want too, but I won’t have these speculations running around with zero proof. 

I think the likelihood of the pictures being real is higher than them having been touched. I see no reason for all parties involved to put their reputation on the line for something they don't personally benefit from.

If advanced algorithms show that as well, it would make the case for vp stronger as it would increase the legitimacy of the pictures. In my view, that would be the best way to deal with negative speculation.

I just discovered this thread via some other research I did. I checked also https://verteporfin.org/dr-barghouthi/ 

I looked trough this thread and all updates, but maybe I missed it somehow but what is the technique dr. Baraghouti uses? I found the test locations were injected with verteporfin with a concentration of 2 mg/mL, with dosages of 0.24 mg/cm2, 0.32 mg/cm2, and 0.4 mg/cm2. Dosage of 0.4 mg/cm2 seems best from pictures posted. But there (or I missed it somehow) is no mention what is the technique? How are injections done (what depth, distance etc.) and when (only after hair extraction? is it repeated? how many times?). 

Any information would be appreciated

Torn between waiting on very or scheduling  a consult (which will take a while) with Dr Zarev. Need to go the FUE route since my fut scarred thick 

14 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I wouldn't want to use the current hairloss medication for various reasons. 

If the results from vert come through I'd get a hair transplant but really only if regenerative donor sites are an option. I have a shaved head and it hasn't hurt me dating wise, but I miss my full head of hair (even if you looked good with a shaved head, in a suit or a tux you feel silly, I can't explain it). 

I'm too lazy to use a hair system, any of those sorts of things and a hair transplant without vert and not taking hairloss medication seems silly. 

Vert seems to have good regenerative abilities, from the results around the web. 

Nothing you have posted I disagree with. 

I am saying people shouldn't drop preventative medication with the expectation this will be a cure. 

Let's say the regeneration rate is 60%. 

If you genetically disposed to be diffused Noorwood 7, a 60% regeneration won't turn you into Elvis. 

The question, as far as I am concerned, has gone from 'Does Verterporfin work?' 'To what is the regeneration rate?'

There is also the question of optimal dosing. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Square1 said:

I think the likelihood of the pictures being real is higher than them having been touched. I see no reason for all parties involved to put their reputation on the line for something they don't personally benefit from.

If advanced algorithms show that as well, it would make the case for vp stronger as it would increase the legitimacy of the pictures. In my view, that would be the best way to deal with negative speculation.

It doesn’t make any sense. What would they gain? Zero. What would they lose? Everything. These are nothing more than rumors to me. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, tatasabaya said:

Hi @Melvin- Admin, were you able to meet with Dr. Mohebi? Thanks!

I was able to meet briefly but I wasn’t able to discuss the trial. I was filming a podcast with lifeaszeph. 

• Like 1

View my thread

It seems Dr. Barghouthi is the only one keeping verteporfin hope alive.

I respect Dr. Barghouthi for being the first to try, but after 2 years when I see no other doctor trying this (Except Dr. Bloxham of course, but there is no clear indication he will continue) I respect Dr. Barghouthi even more.

• Like 1